Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 07:30:28 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21Pro Spa: August 23, 2011
August 23, 2011, 09:39:44 PM +0100 - Spa (GPL) - UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Pro (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Raoni Frizzo
 Team Coyote
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +2.268
143.121mph
1 51:26.378
143.044mph
14 3:38.074
144.606mph
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +1.203
143.816mph
2 +0.003
143.044mph
14 3:38.541
144.297mph
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +1.195
143.822mph
3 +4.935
142.815mph
14 3:39.172
143.881mph
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 11 +3.113
142.574mph
4 +19.099
142.164mph
14 3:40.726
142.868mph
Dunlop  
Clutch4
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +0.653
144.178mph
5 +36.254
141.383mph
14 3:40.092
143.280mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +2.369
143.056mph
6 +2L
140.585mph
12 3:39.942
143.378mph
Disco
Dunlop  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +3.109
142.577mph
7 +0.828
140.542mph
12 3:41.295
142.501mph
Disco
Dunlop  
natan5

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 1 3:38.068
144.610mph
8 +10L
142.146mph
4 3:40.792
142.826mph
Disco
Dunlop  
G Jonsson
 Black Night Racing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 2 +0.085
144.553mph
9 +14L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Goodyear  
vosblod
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 3 +0.173
144.495mph
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Dunlop  
Ronniepeterson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 7 +2.066
143.253mph
---
0 ---
---
accident
Dunlop  
2 UKGPL_T7

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 12 12 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  

Moderator's Report

Spa proved to be a totally unexpected result - with the top two spots going to the Cooper and BT7 of Raoni and Hristo respectively.
Fulvio battled hard but eventually had to settle for 3rd.

The traditional first lap pile-up at Eau Rouge didn't happen this time - a major suprise given that some drivers were entering it 3 wide before backing off to make space!

Not wishing to dissapoint the ghouls and TV camaras, Tim (Vos) and Goran came together at Stavelot and provided quite a spectacle.
Unfortunatly they also removed themselves and Ronnie from the race.

Server replay time: 0h02m49s

Exiting the Masta Kink Vos gets a run on Goran and manages to slip stream up alongside approaching Stalevot.
Goran appears to leave a small amount of room but not really enough for another car at these speeds, Tim meanwhile manages to make a horlicks of the entry and drifts wide across the corner.

Ordinarily either of the above actions would invite a penalty against the relevant driver - however in this case as each person made a mistake it would be hard to point the finger, so I have chosen to run with a racing incident (Contested Side by Side contact) as it best fits the bill

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Pro (65) - Spa (1947-78) - Aug 23  (Read 6873 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2011, 06:52:28 PM +0100 »

UKGPL Season 21, 65 Professionals Trophy
Race 9: Spa Francorchamps

After the unfortunate events 2 weeks ago where all of Australia simply ceased to exist during our race, we now move onto a more stable continent - and the insanely fast Spa-Francorchamps road circuit.
The more powerfull cars are deffinatly at an advantage - but can they hold it together long enough to actually make it stick?

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_T7_2
IP address = 62.149.202.168
Race date = 23/08/2011
Time = 21:00 UK time
Track =  Spa
Variant = 65F1
Damage Model = Pro
Qualifying time = 35 minutes
Race length = 14 laps
Password: see above

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used and can be found here (currently down - also available here )

Driver lists can be found on the Pro championship standings page
The track can be downloaded from :  Standard Pappy circuit
Add-on’s available at : SRMZ - although I'm sure there are others elsewhere

Please be in IGOR UKGPL chatroom by 8:50 pm UK Time

Reserve drivers should not join the server(s) until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left. Please restrict chat to pit messages. Moderating will be by reported incidents only, however the moderators reserve the right to review any incident with a particular emphasis on lap one. The aim is to review the race the following weekend so incident reports should be submitted within five days of the race (ie the following Friday). We're hopeful most incidents can be resolved amicably and recommend a days deep breath with a replay review before posting. A sorry in the forum won't be taken as an automatic admission of guilt by the moderators.
The race will be run on PRO Damage.

NOTE: Please ensure you join the correct server, due to the way we import if you start the race on the wrong server your result will not count.

Reserve drivers should not join the server until there are only 30 minutes of qualifying left so as to give the FULL TIME drivers chance to join, and drivers are not to go out on track until there are 30 minutes of qualifying left as this helps all drivers join the server successfully.

Please restrict chat to pit messages if necessary, and this includes the end of the race, until all running drivers have completed the necessary laps.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 07:37:07 PM +0100 »

I'm NOT looking forward to this one.  Roll Eyes Hope you'd be up to pace though, Tim, so we can battle for 6th or something, lol.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 09:40:18 PM +0100 »

This was one I was looking forward to but looks like I have to go out now.
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:45:19 PM +0100 »

Last minute change of plans meant I could make it. Very chuffed at third, obviously the chassis helped.

Unfortunately I think I owe an apology to Goran as felt when passing I probably swung out a bit and saw him fling off although I don't think there was any contact.
After that I was completely out of kilter, and ridden with guilt, then thwacked a bush and promptly retired. Didn't have the heart to try and recover.

Shame as this was one where I could of perhaps had something as it's a favorite track.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 09:59:22 PM +0100 »

Short and ..........well short actually. But these things happen.

Managed to avoid Goran but not Clive who rolled into my path through no fault of his own.

After that bout of Lap1 carnage at a track like Spa, I will no doubt have a wry chuckle to myself the next time I hear a Works/Pro driver go on about what is expected of a Privateer/Novice driver.

Tough break Vos you were fast enough to get a good result, better luck next time. Good luck to all still racing.
Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 11:17:26 PM +0100 »

Love the track. Its a Classic. (Look out for an accurate version to be released for GPL in the hopefully near future)

Was pretty confident before the race of being in the mix and qualified 3rd without pushing too much on the limit.

Poor start but wasn't worried as i climbed Eau Rouge 7th as we were all in a line so slipstreaming and Power would help.

Half way round on Lap 1 there was a crash which i just avoided but the drop in pace to avoid it meant a gap was created to the lead group who were all able to tow each other so i needed help. There were a couple of drivers around me and we started to tow each other along for the next couple of laps and Pribluda showed me that we were catching them slightly, so another few laps and we may have a chance. (In think Raoni and FMG were with me).

On lap 3 i exited La Souce and i don't know what happened. I either missed a gear or selected the wrong gear, but the car wouldn't pull. As a result, FMG gently tapped the rear of my car (not his fault at all - my error). At the next 3 right handers the rear left tyre was lighting up on Pribluda, the car was drifting a lot and when i got to the end of the Masta section the car drifted so wide it scraped along the wall allowing Evil and Bernie past to put me last. The next couple of laps were a learning excercise to see how to control the car with this damage. It was Ok, but the car drifted and then had snap oversteer on the fast right handers for the rest of the race so i had to drop my pace due to opposite lock, extra braking and later throttle. It cost me a couple of seconds here and there but i was happy to sneak home 5th in the end.

Apologies to Evil and Bernie as i was slower than i should have been in some sections and at times my racing line may have appeared a bit bizarre. If the problem was unsafe i'd have retired but it was driveable and predictable to a degree.

All my own fault, and perhaps an opportunity missed, Needed a win to have a shot at the Championship, but to be fair, my DNF at Porto is the real culprit.

Great Racing by all and good fun. If you have the tow here and the skill, anything is possible, regardless of car type.

Still enjoyed it, and hope i didn't spoil anyone's race.  Smiley
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 11:56:10 PM +0100 »

Unfortunately I think I owe an apology to Goran as felt when passing I probably swung out a bit and saw him fling off although I don't think there was any contact.
After that I was completely out of kilter, and ridden with guilt, then thwacked a bush and promptly retired. Didn't have the heart to try and recover.

No problem Vos, I was not totally innocent  Grin The "funny" thing was that I was just wondering if it should be best to let you bye when I was sent home to my maker, well if it had been for real that is. Of cause it was a shame but I think you need some treatment, not that I know what a kilter is and not how to thwacked a bush either but I think you should have carried on and robbed my competitors of some points instead.  Let`s have some better luck for both of us at Zandvoort.

And I must say that I am really impressed by your win Raoni, even if it was only by .003 sec. There seems to be no stopping you now that you have found the formula. But as at Monza last season it is really we in the faster cars that need to be ashamed when we let the BT7 and Cooper be on the podium at tracks like Spa and Monza.

Göran
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 12:04:17 AM +0100 »

best ever 65 race by far for me , great racing with Clive and Clutch ( could see your handling problem , thought it was a big understeer issue) then with 2 to go I was practising my last lap strategy which involved the Le source hairpin flip with semi twist and salco, but somehow ambition outwayed talent ( or maybe some Flemish Gypo had removed the manhole cover for a lucky charm ) anyway the result was the same as I launched skywards and made a complete of the landing .

Unfortunately for Clive,  he decided to join in the fun with a synchronised bounce manouver reminiscent of  birds of paridise strutting there stuff,  which also eliminated him from the victory celebrations ( hope the neck brace fits and the collar bones heal soon ) Grin

P.S. next time go a bit softer on the bump rubbers Matey  Cheesy

clouds

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 10:51:26 AM +0100 »

WOW!!! Only 3/1000 of a second gap !?!?!?!?

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2011, 12:39:03 PM +0100 »

This was a great race for all sorts of reasons and for different people in different ways.

Being lumbered with the Cooper, I knew that the slipstream was going to be critical at Spa and I concentrated on a race setup rather than trying to get a good grid position. After all, what chance was there that I could pull away from the faster cars behind before the straight down to Masta on lap 1!! and be far enough ahead to stop them drafting past me??.....somewhere below zero I suspect!! Roll Eyes

I got a great start off the grid and jumped a couple of places...not always a good thing going into Eau Rouge on Lap 1!! but it seems I had a nice space around me and there were no incidents.

I think I was in about 5th spot and tailing Hristo down through Burneville to Malmedy with a couple of Brabs and Lotii snapping at my exhausts. I deliberately backed off just before Malmedy to give me some "room to move" if there was an incident and was able to draft up behind Hristo again on the run down to Masta and his tow just kept me in front of the faster cars behind.
Out of Masta, which everyone was taking flat out, and down to Stavelot and I was thinking that I was in a good position, with just 4  cars ahead to provide a tow and all very close  Grin Grin Grin .
Then Tim Vos and Goran decided to interfere in my cunning plan and touched somewhere around Stavelot. I could see Goran's Honda flying off into the bushes so tightened my line slightly to avoid any rebound, but not wanting to back off and drop out of the "tow zone".
Maybe I should have just eased off a fraction and taken an even tighter line, because Hristo zipped through just in front of me as Goran's stricken Honda came back across the track but I was not so lucky and I got clipped sending me spinning. I got clobbered by some other poor driver before I had come to rest and thought that my race was over...I must be missing at least 2 wheels!!
When my head stopped spinning I tried to drive off and was amazed to find that everything seemed to be intact!! and no damage  Grin, but a long way behind everybody!!!  Sad
By the time I got back up to speed, the only car on the radar was Bernie and his Brabham. It took a lap or two to get within slipstream range  and then I closed up quickly.
 However, catching a faster car with slipstream is something entirely different to getting past and pulling away!! and Bernie was obviously determined to make a fight of it. Despite trying to pressure him for an opening he held things together and used the power of the Brabham to fend me off. Meanwhile Clutch had recovered from an incident and was closing up behind too quickly for comfort. It soon became a 3 way battle where Bernie and Clutch had the edge on the straights but the Cooper was faster on the few places where there were bends.
My only chance was to get a pass completed before Blanchimont and rely on the better handling of the Cooper to pull a big gap up to Les Coombes in the hope of staying in front right down to La Carriere again. But both Bernie and Clutch were putting up one hell of a fight and any time that I got my nose in front they simply drafted past on the next straight bit. Then Bernie made a mistake and dropped back and I was just able to keep the slipstream from Clutch.
I was desperate to get close before the run from Malmedy to Masta and just went too hot into Malmedy and clipped the greenery and Clutch was gone!! Bernie took advantage of my mistake and gradually closed in from behind eventually drafting past....rats!!!
A couple of laps where I tried to make a pass stick and I decided that barring breakdowns or crashes ahead the best I could do would be to tail Bernie and look to pass him at Blanchimont or La source on the last lap. Bernie did not fancy that result and contrived to lure me ina La Source with 3 laps to go so that he could leap on top of my defenceless Cooper and bludgeon it into submission.

I hung around to watch the titanic last lap between Hristo and Raoni...great finish guys.

Grats to all for some great racing Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2011, 12:58:23 PM +0100 »

Didn't realise we touched Clutch, I thought I'd successfully avoided you as there was still clear air on my client!
Belated sorry from me in that case!

After that it was a boring race as I lost the tow to Raoni - seems I was the only one without a decent race Sad
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 01:26:27 PM +0100 »

Bernie in a Brabham ?   Roll Eyes

news to me  Shocked
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2011, 02:07:51 PM +0100 »

Was this the closest finish in UKGPL history? A few screenshots here:

http://racingleague.co.cc/hikiwaza/race-reports/possibly-the-closest-finish-in-ukgpl-history/

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2011, 02:25:16 PM +0100 »

Nice - who was going faster at the finish? i.e. did you need the line sooner or later H?

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2011, 02:33:29 PM +0100 »

Nice - who was going faster at the finish? i.e. did you need the line sooner or later H?

I will mention it in my report later (if I'm not lazy to write one  Cheesy ), but initially I accelerated better out of La Source (it was what allowed me to catch up to Raoni who was a couple of car lengths in front after the fantastic overtaking he did at Blanchimont), but as we went downhill side by side, his Cooper edged ahead slightly and I tried to shorten the line by going over the apex on the inside of the final kink. I think I overdid that and the car jumped a little, which was more than enough to drop 3 thousands of a seconds and place me 2nd.  Grin

@Evil - I wasn't aware you were right behind me and got hit by Goran's car, as far as I was concerned he was gone permanently into the bushes. Pity...  Sad

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com