The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 07:16:48 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • LMS@Silverstone: September 10, 2011 - September 11, 2011
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone LMS 6hr Race 10/11th September  (Read 2587 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 02:00:57 PM +0100 »

I remember seeing Warwick in his Silk Cut Jag at the 1000K's and herr Schumacher with Wendlinger a few years later in the Merc but I have a feeling things might have moved on a fraction since then!

Hang on, how old are you.....

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
mr_oily
Former Moderators

www.steelsnaps.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 02:29:28 PM +0100 »

31. Yep was somewhat of a nipper at the time (10 or 11 I think) but you never forget Group C cars through Copse! Couldn't remember where I was last week mind  lol
Roadrunner

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 03:24:09 PM +0100 »

Well that was a Fantastic day yesterday  Cool

Weather held up nicely with no rain at all, bit windy but all good.

That has to be the best race meeting Ive ever been to  Shocked  absolutely brilliant. Theres never a let up in cars going past you, either lapping or racing for position, constant action.

Ive never seen Prototypes up close before and they were something else  Wink  The two Audi's and Pug LMP1's were stunning, they were on rails going round the outside of other cars through Maggots and Becketts, couldn't believe the speed they carried through there.

A very good day and if i had to choose one meeting to go to next year i think it would be this one.

Yeah..was awesome fun...got a vid of em goin through Maggots etc..Pug looked so much quicker than even the likes of Rebellion through there...the fun really starts once they get into traffic...McNish on Montagny down s/f twice in opening hour..didnt hear him moaning about getting a squeeze against the pitwall..F1 should take note  Tongue
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 04:00:52 PM +0100 »

31. Yep was somewhat of a nipper at the time (10 or 11 I think) but you never forget Group C cars through Copse! Couldn't remember where I was last week mind  lol

Ok, i guess i was a late starter into sportscars. Only F1 and touring cars in my early years i seem to recollect. Mansell in the mondeo crashing i just remember. My family is more into the popular, yobbo ball sports like football, cricket so it was a struggle to follow anything. Cant you tell i now hate them with a passion, i love it when they lose!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2011, 04:44:39 PM +0100 »

didnt hear him moaning about getting a squeeze against the pitwall..F1 should take note  Tongue

He should have - I hate seeing that, I've seen too many of those squeezes misjudged with predictably disastrous consequences. Sad

Besides, they were probably just staying away from the massive chunks of AstroTurf that seemed to be all over the track after about lap 3. Shocked no

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Roadrunner

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2011, 05:33:42 PM +0100 »

Yeah..does seem pretty pointless that stuff
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com