Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 30, 2024, 08:48:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U15 Brno: September 20, 2011
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Season 15 - Brno (1987 ) - Sep 20  (Read 2781 times)
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 10:56:02 PM +0100 »

Done a dozen or so laps on the server, no probs my end, nice little mod, loads of grip, but when it does break loose there's no chance of catching it Grin
LesN

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 04:13:51 PM +0100 »

I won't be able to make it tomorrow either, but having tried it out offline, I would definitely give it a go if you decide to run a series.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 04:22:10 PM +0100 »

I guess I can't join the race tomorrow, but I trust in you about the judgement of this mod... Maybe I should be able to test it for the next week race, or at least I hope so  Smiley

EDIT: There are some chances for me to race this evening, so... Wink
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:47:08 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 07:49:45 PM +0100 »

I've set the server at 50% damage which is the same as we ran with the F1 88 mod. Please feedback any "experiences" together with any other useful info in your race reports.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 10:27:16 PM +0100 »

Interesting little cars. I found that the stock setup seemed pretty good for my driving style. Other than gearing the only changes I made was 19F on the front wing,one click softer on the rear bar,reduce brake pressure to 92%,steering angle or ratio to 19 degrees and bump up the tire pressure 2-3 pounds on the right side of the car to balance out the heat levels. The strange thing is I'm not very good here at Brno in the stock GT cars. Always 1-2 seconds off other drivers that I can match or surpass at other tracks. But that said I ran a totally different line with the Atlantics compared to a GT car. These cars rotate so well at even very late exiting the corner it's amazing. It allows you to turn in early, have the car take a set and get on the power very early. Kind of opposite of the GTL 1970 prototypes which seem to have an abnormal push on very late exit. The cars do seem to have a unnatural late exit high speed lazy looseness that does make them tricky to handle. But at least none of the slow corner exit power on snap spins that the 88 F-1 cars had. Making the rear bar softer did helps this at least. Also in testing it seemed that dropping the downforce levels didn't really help the cars top speed very much. At least compared to the big power F-1 cars. So I don't think at most tracks we will be running anything lower than 20/20 in the wing dept. That will simplify setups track to track Smiley I think steering angle once again will be critical to drivability with these cars so if you find yourself a little behind catching a possible spin maybe quicken the ratio a bit and if you are over correcting slow down the ratio Wink
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2011, 09:50:23 AM +0100 »

Results and replay in the usual places

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2011, 10:19:00 AM +0100 »

Didn't notice any real problems last night. A couple of drivers were receiving the boot message when trying to join which is a bit of a pain (for them), but not as bad as F1 88 I think.

I fell back after a couple of errors so spent the rest of the race testing damage, pitting etc. Damage at 50% seemed ok. Light contact with armco showed no damage but damage seemed to increased incremently with harder contact. Heavy crashes still resulted in dead engine and lost wheels.

Race play seemed ok and more time to react to speed differences through corners than for instance F1 88. I waited for a recovering Sam so I could test close up racing and I noticed some minor lag in front and in mirrors...nothing serious but just wondered if that was specific to this mod or a general thing as overall I don't think the mod was as smooth online as I've seen in offline races.

I was very rushed and didn't have much "getting into groove time" last night and concentration was a bit off after a busy work day, but I was a couple of seconds off my pb so wonder if there is a bigger difference online vs offline.

Grats to Navin and podies and thanks for all that turned out. I'll use one of our addon tracks for another fun/test race next week.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2011, 12:18:46 PM +0100 »

Interesting you should point out the lag GT. I thought there was a frame rate issue on the warmup lap as the cars seemed very jittery. As a result I put the FPS reading on but it was around 150 so was something else. Once we had got racing it seemed ok, just that everyone else seemed to have a turbo and could sail passed me Sad I'm sure I couldn't go another 2 secs a lap quicker.

FWIW I enjoyed the quick blast in the LMP2s afterwards. Shame the only modern  racing in GTR2/Rac07 etc is on Sundays and forces one to decide against the iR alternative.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2011, 12:34:44 PM +0100 »

Didn't notice any real problems last night. A couple of drivers were receiving the boot message when trying to join which is a bit of a pain (for them), but not as bad as F1 88 I think.
That's so strange, I received a boot message 4 or 5 times in row, changing 3 different skins. Than I succesfully joined the server

I fell back after a couple of errors so spent the rest of the race testing damage, pitting etc. Damage at 50% seemed ok. Light contact with armco showed no damage but damage seemed to increased incremently with harder contact. Heavy crashes still resulted in dead engine and lost wheels.
I experienced the same. Damage at 50% seem to be a good compromize

Race play seemed ok and more time to react to speed differences through corners than for instance F1 88. I waited for a recovering Sam so I could test close up racing and I noticed some minor lag in front and in mirrors...nothing serious but just wondered if that was specific to this mod or a general thing as overall I don't think the mod was as smooth online as I've seen in offline races.
I had a close battle with Pete and Lazlow, but I've seen Lazlow slightly lagghy. However it was not a real issue, cause it was almost unperceptible. It could be a matter if there are more drivers in the same conditions. but would be necessary to test this mod with more cars on track.

About the driveability of these cars, I have only to say that some setup changings were needed to keep the car "easy" to drive. It was the first time that I spun so many times in a race, and that reminded to me when I was a child watching the show: "Holiday on Ice" Grin Grin.
I guess that I should have decreased a bit the rear bar to avoid to spun especially in the first corner, in which I had massive problems when pressing on the throttle. Another focal point, as Navin said, was the steer lock ratio. I drive with a Thrustmaster, so it's surely different compared to Navin's steering wheel, but even with only 8.0 deg of steer lock, this car ranged from a slight understeer, to an extreme oversteer in the exit of the corners, and I was leterally drifting sometimes (not easy to do with an open wheeler Smiley).
IMO it could be a good mod to have some close fights with a well balanced setup, and I would like to help to develop a setup easier to drive than the default one for who wants to try this mod during the next test race. Navin seems to be on the right track compared to me, cause he kept a great pace during all the race. Unfortunately I had the chance to try this mod only 15 mins before the start, and I spent it to find the "feeling" with these cars, without getting big hits Wink

Grats to Navin, Pete, and to all the guys who joined the race.
Cu soon Smiley
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:36:28 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2011, 06:21:46 AM +0100 »

I drive with a Thrustmaster, so it's surely different compared to Navin's steering wheel

Yup, yup.. G25 Here  Wink
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2011, 04:06:51 PM +0100 »

Bah, My GT3 rs died during the race and is now completley ******. I am waiting for a response from Fanatec (2 days now, so if anyone has a specific contact there I'd be grateful). really not happy, G25 5 years old and going strong, GT3 rs 5 months old and knackered.

Oh well, up the loft tonight to dig out the G25 and get it setup on my homemade cockpit
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2011, 05:32:31 PM +0100 »

Bah, My GT3 rs died during the race and is now completley ******. I am waiting for a response from Fanatec (2 days now, so if anyone has a specific contact there I'd be grateful). really not happy, G25 5 years old and going strong, GT3 rs 5 months old and knackered.

Oh well, up the loft tonight to dig out the G25 and get it setup on my homemade cockpit

There is a support section at NoGrip and I believe Redi is one of the UK reps.

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232592

Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2011, 07:45:34 PM +0100 »

Thanks GT, just PM'd him

Love the wheel, but must admit was a little dubious on the quality front when it arrived, kinda wish I'd gone with the G27, least I'd know what I was getting with that. Anyway wait and see what kind of service I get from Fanatec now there's an issue.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com