Quarterly cost: �0

April 18, 2024, 06:24:18 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21 Interlagos: October 02, 2011
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) - Interlagos (1973-1989) - Oct 2  (Read 3715 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 10:42:27 PM +0100 »

Nice track - look forward to the Championship races here.
As Steve mentioned I had massive warp problems early on - took first half lap very cautious - then the server dropped me lap 2. For the record I actually finished 1 lap down.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 11:01:49 PM +0100 »

Thanks to all who took part, having a full grid meant we gave the track a thorough test (I think the reverse is true too Smiley).

Looks like a couple of people experienced issues but nothing significant has been reported yet. Please let me know if you had any problems.

The replay is available here; ftp://ukgpl3.dyndns.org/Replays/S21Fun_Interlagos73.rpy.

See you all at Road America next week.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:03:25 PM +0100 by Ross Neilson » Logged

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 11:13:20 PM +0100 »

No problems here, except for a faulty gearbox.  I was testing both track, and wheel - my newly repaired economy one.  I've managed to reinforce it's broken gear shift paddle, and was enjoying some competitive midfield racing, as a reward.  This became more difficult, when I ground to a halt, with a box full of neutrals.  Have you ever been given a boxfull of neutrals - Merry Christmas? 

At least it's the other paddle, which has now decided to torment.  "WHERE'S ME HAMMER AT!" - I mean Araldite.  Angry
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 11:15:58 PM +0100 »

This was always going to be a spinfest for me, the track is new and tough, and the 67s unforgiving as usual. My apologies to Ronnie for that bump, when I looked for my braking point I realised it had actually already gone for a while...and to D-rock as well, for that pearl of a rejoin  Roll Eyes, glad to see you guys didnt lose any positions because of me, at least.

I had a screen freeze with 10 mins to go or so in qually, apart from that the track seemed rock solid to me, I followed people for many laps and they looked very stable all along (until I helped them taking off, that is  Grin Grin)

Great choice of track, I loved it from the first try, good for racing and a proper challenge, brill choice Ross.

Thanks all for the racing, see you at the next one.
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 11:55:38 PM +0100 »

Not as many spins for me, but enough to have me driving round by myself by lap 14. Spun again and decided I'd had enough of 'practice' at Interlagos. Well done to everyone at the back for negotiating T1 and 2 without any contact.......til Sky decided at T3 that that was not good enough and precipitated a pileup. It was then reminiscent of the Keystone Cops as cars reset on top of others and chassis were bouncing round everywhere like shrapnel from a 155 shell!! And all the while, Ross sat, balanced on his noggin just waiting..............Hilarious. Chased Bernie for a bit and pulled a good pass on him at the big right loop after the Cliff wall hairpin. Hope I didn't give you a scare there Bernie, but you ran wide just enough, to leave the door open. Tried to hold off D-Rock for most of a lap til the thing ran wide and off, at a corner I'd never had any difficulty negotiating before. Got down to mid 58's which I think, maybe a PB for me here....3 laps out of 14 that were fair....not a good average. Had no dramas with the track or connection, no freezes or anything else untoward. Interlagos seems fine for S22 competition from where I'm sitting.

Geoff.

UPDATE: Disappointed to find I was the last car on the lead lap and Bernie and Ross were behind me when I exited. Thought I was the last car running.  Sad  Undecided
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 11:57:46 PM +0100 by Geoff65 » Logged

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
s2173

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 12:04:14 AM +0100 »

I almost missed the race, being unaware its today, just woke up and was tottaly unable to concentrate, rearending some people, which I usially dont do (sorry), spinning numerous times, being distracted by "13924: network device error" chat errors and finnaly parking the car from utter boredom.

The chat errors might have been some minor disconections from my side, not sure... they didnt kick me out of the race. My net bars are covered by pribluda, so I don't know what happened. The errors spammed my chat for 5-6 mins, but in the meantime i passed some ppl and they were solid... there was some lagging in the start of the race tho.

The track itself seems solid and well built, but just doesnt feel good driving it... maybe its motion sickness too, not sure. For a track so technical and tough it feels really boring, like driving le mans with 65 bt7 braby... at the final laps before giving up i was almost asleep and unable to tell one corner from another...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 12:08:38 AM +0100 by s2173 » Logged

Who is the living, loving city of people without faces? The elevator is screaming in his claws.

The Red City, 43 Novctober 2173.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 08:28:17 AM +0100 »

Joe (mini) and I made a last minute decision to have a go. We had never done the track before and my first effort took four minutes. His was nearly five! Tried a few laps in racing trim but I wasn't ever going to be competitive so whenever anyone passed I tried to see if I could hang on to them... it has its merits...

Around lap 7 though I got terrible motion sickness so I parked up and left. Don't think I will be doing the Grads this season - stick to Tuesdays and Joe can have Fridays (which is a pain as we both want to race!).

Good track though. Hard but rewarding when you get it right...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
clouds

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 08:35:19 AM +0100 »

Guys, mod 67 much more than mod GT, requires a good preparation to a race event to have some hope to be a fun event and can be not improvised for a lot of reasons one of the most important is the delight of the other colleagues and then ours. The idea is always to race the simulation like in a real race without to sweep away all from the track.  angel Roll Eyes Tongue Wink
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 09:40:44 AM +0100 by clouds » Logged

Sergio "Clouds" Lonzar

...Houston, we've had a problem here!

Jack Swigert, April 13rd, 1970. Apollo 13 on the way to the moon.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 10:47:19 AM +0100 »

Nah, much better to go to a bar or two - have loads to drink and then pitch up for a track you don't know in a car you have no setup for - it has worked for me thus far...  Roll Eyes

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2011, 05:04:36 PM +0100 »

My apologies to Ronnie for that bump,

No problem AA, and very sporting of you to let me back through. I know a few above disagree but I think this is a great track for the new season. Good balance of a challenging layout but offering the opportunity of some close racing.

Only slight issue observed was some very temporary stuttering of a couple of cars ahead of me early on. Other than that perfect.

Once again I personally found the extended qualifying session very useful for setting a time but more importantly getting comfortable with a race setup!
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2011, 10:11:48 AM +0100 »

T7 server is set as default for client 3/84 server 3/132 with 3 cars behind so leave it as default in Igor and you'll be good  Wink
Ciao

It is easy to get the settings wrong because we always say 3/132 3/84 but in iGOR you enter the client first so from a hosting point of view it is 3/84 3/132.

Track was fine but quit after 7 because I was motion sick. Shouldn't have pretended to be mini - but he is faster  Grin

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2011, 12:36:09 PM +0100 »

Wasn't me - I'd NEVER make a mistake with the settings... would I Fulvio?  Grin

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley