The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 01:39:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E2H Monza: October 08, 2015
October 08, 2015, 09:14:24 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 2000-present) - RRE Season 2 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 3 +1.061
---
1 1:47.453
---
Goodyear  
Anty

Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 1 1:46.565
---
2 1:45.953
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Greenwood Corvette 1977 RRE Gr.5 4 +1.211
---
3 1:48.473
---
Goodyear  
mr_belowski

Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 2 +0.994
---
4 1:47.838
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 6 +3.298
---
5 1:49.631
---
Dunlop  
Z_i_g

BMW 320 Turbo RRE Gr.5 5 +2.038
---
6 1:49.268
---
Michelin  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 7 ---
---
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 2 Race Room Historics - Monza - Oct 8  (Read 9125 times)
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2015, 01:37:38 PM +0100 »

Doh not looking a great turnout at this rate. Sad Hope some brave pilots are attending. Will there be a practise server beforehand? Having never driven a real 935 (no really  Grin ) I haven't got a clue how to set it up.

I tried the Moby Dick Porsche, but in my opinon, it is by far the most nervous of them all, so I just gave up on it.
I worked a bit on the BMW setup to make the car easier for me to handle. If anybody wants a screendump of my settings , I can post it later today.

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2015, 02:01:04 PM +0100 »

We have a new driver wishing to join us but is having trouble registering. Can anyone help please....

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/historic-racing-series-at-srouk.2591/page-2#post-34256

You need to pm Dave. It would help if he knew what problem he was experiencing.

Done. I've also pm'd the new driver with our race password so at least he can join us if he doesn't get sorted in time.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2015, 07:49:47 PM +0100 »

Hey Gents

Happy racing gents

Ant

#Ant
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2015, 07:51:40 PM +0100 »

Guys

The phone line is dead here, I am doing this through my phone. someone needs to get everyone to log out of the server
and then log in to start the correct time count. Ta

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2015, 07:55:16 PM +0100 »

Guys

The phone line is dead here, I am doing this through my phone. someone needs to get everyone to log out of the server
and then log in to start the correct time count. Ta

Done. Quali will now be approx. 8:23 uk time.

Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2015, 07:55:55 PM +0100 »

Hmm,,, what's going on here?

3 people turned up ... (3!) I went for a cup of coffe and when I got back everybody was gone.

Stig

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2015, 09:01:58 PM +0100 »

Hmm,,, what's going on here?

3 people turned up ... (3!) I went for a cup of coffe and when I got back everybody was gone.

Stig
I think seven were racing tonight Stig

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Z_i_g

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2015, 09:27:09 PM +0100 »

Thanks for letting me race with you guys tonight, had a good time . That was my second organized race online =). Hope to race with ya more in the future. Thanks again and have a great evening =)
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2015, 09:28:39 PM +0100 »

Hey Gents

What a race. Must be my best race ever. About 7 mins in as I came into ascari I hit the grass under braking, I went straight on, then I rejoined, but my tyres were dirty, as I hit the brakes into parabolic I went straight on into the kitty litter. That took me 20 seconds to get out of their. After that 2 or3 laps ittook me to get my tyres clean and up to temperature, then the long chase began. I caught Goldtop 6 min towards the end and tried to catch Mr Berger but only got 1.5 seconds behind him accross the line.

The car was setup perfect, my gears and brakes was 100%

I raced a few years with my PS3, but this must be one of the finest for me

Thank you Guys
Ant
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 04:06:53 AM +0100 by Anty » Logged

#Ant
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2015, 09:45:19 PM +0100 »

These cars are just splendid  Cool  They look great and sound even better. Just loved hanging onto it as it tried to lose grip with the turbo power coming out of Parabolica! also looked fab watching others stepping out ahead too.  My only real gripe was the carp braking which pitched me off about 5 times, even when doing exact same speed and same braking point as umpteen laps before  Roll Eyes it seemed totally random and was annoying.

Didn't expect much in terms of pace as first time ive used them and didn't get to do any pre evening practise. As usual with sims, the default setups are shockingly bad (why do they do that?!) and as I spent more time tweaking I took seconds off my laptimes. However in the race I still ended up with way too long a 1st and 2nd gears so the car was really slow and clumsy in the chicanes.  Sad

I need to do some proper practise sessions in these and get to grips with all the setup options. I couldn't tell if I was adding/removing brake bias, gear choices were guesswork and still don't know what preload does to the car  laugh

Anyway had some enjoyable chases with Weiss' BMW, great fun, can only imagine what a fuller grid of these babies would look like at somewhere like Le Mans or Spa  tt1 Will get a better hang of them the more we use them.  Smiley
Good fun

Z_i_g

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2015, 09:50:41 PM +0100 »

Weiss' BMW That was me Z,Weiss  Smiley Great racing with ya . G5 are a blast to drive..
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2015, 09:54:04 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed muscling the vette round and had some good fun trying to chase down Reinhard for a few laps.

Anty, you were constantly flickering in and out really badly tonight. Not sure if it was my end or yours or maybe the server or game related but I'll check my replay later and see if it shows up there too. I had to slow to let you past at the second chicane because it would have been to dangerous to contest the place.....noticed it in quali too. Very strange  Huh

Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2015, 10:18:24 AM +0100 »

So what actually happened before the race, was it my connection or did you guys all leave at at certain time and then came back ?

I just assumed, that the 3 of you had left, because of the poor turnout , and then I left to.

Stig

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2015, 10:35:44 AM +0100 »

So what actually happened before the race, was it my connection or did you guys all leave at at certain time and then came back ?

I just assumed, that the 3 of you had left, because of the poor turnout , and then I left to.

Stig

Post #33 ?

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2015, 11:50:20 AM +0100 »

Stig

Post #33 ?

Nah, the server worked fine, I was on it along with 3 other racers, and I wasn't booted or anything like that. I was away for say 10 minutes, and when i returned, I was the only one there!

Stig

Stig

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com