The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 01:19:07 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A3B Monza: May 31, 2017
May 31, 2017, 08:41:22 PM +0100 - Monza (GP 2000-present) - UKAC Season 3 Blancpain
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Gavino Pintus
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 1 1:46.809
---
1 54:45.991
---
30 1:47.315
---
Pirelli  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 2 +0.755
---
2 +16.761
---
30 1:48.350
---
Pirelli  
Maikel K.
 Team Shark
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 5 +1.460
---
3 +37.175
---
30 1:48.759
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 3 +1.166
---
4 +39.253
---
30 1:48.701
---
Pirelli  
Baikal

BMW Z4M GT3 7 +1.930
---
5 +45.432
---
30 1:48.993
---
Michelin  
ChrisR

Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 4 +1.375
---
6 +47.645
---
30 1:48.386
---
Pirelli  
nfsw55

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 6 +1.619
---
7 +1:04.018
---
30 1:48.703
---
Michelin  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 9 +2.371
---
8 +1:18.438
---
30 1:49.804
---
Pirelli  
Bonni Massimo
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Lamborghini Huracan GT3 GT3 19 +1:29.681
---
9 +1:19.057
---
30 1:48.577
---
Pirelli  
Felix Simoes

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 8 +2.204
---
10 +1:38.990
---
30 1:49.250
---
Michelin  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 13 +3.626
---
11 +1:41.982
---
30 1:49.832
---
Pirelli  
Sutol

Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 11 +3.337
---
12 +1L
---
29 1:50.476
---
Pirelli  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 17 +4.636
---
13 +13.780
---
29 1:50.971
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 12 +3.482
---
14 +14.877
---
29 1:50.425
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Nissan GT-R GT3 GT3 15 +3.752
---
15 +1:18.376
---
29 1:51.055
---
Michelin  
Linus27
 Peanuts Motorsport
McLaren 650 GT3 GT3 14 +3.663
---
16 +1:18.989
---
29 1:50.984
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 16 +3.989
---
17 +1:31.952
---
29 1:51.325
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW Z4M GT3 18 +6.706
---
18 +3L
---
27 1:54.008
---
Michelin  
Pag96

Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 10 +2.448
---
19 +27L
---
3 1:50.145
---
Pirelli  
picnic
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Tim Schneider

Porsche 911 GT3-R GT3 ---
---
Michelin  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
Mercedes AMG GT3 GT3 ---
---
Dunlop  
Thomas Blackett

---
Michelin  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 488 GT3 GT3 ---
---
Pirelli  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
---
Michelin  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 10s

Massimo moves right at the start, and bounces off another car into the path of Bob forcing him into the barriers. Racing incident, but Massimo could have been more carefull about avoiding other cars, and spoiled the race of others. Please take extra care during starts with a tight grid.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
GT3
1:46.809
---
Gavino Pintus
Qualifying
Lamborghini Huracan GT3May 31, 2017, 08:41:22 PM +0100
A3B
Assetto Corsa
GT3
1:47.315
---
Gavino Pintus
Race
Lamborghini Huracan GT3May 31, 2017, 08:41:22 PM +0100
A3B
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 3 Blancpain - Monza - May 31  (Read 10405 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 10:22:50 PM +0100 »

Well the car choice issue has only become a bit lopsided as new drivers drip fed into the sign ups and each picked a lambo. Just one of those things because we could have made sure there was good car distribution if all names and cars were known at the start.  If you remember we were almost merc top heavy at one point.

Last race we had this list (including no shows):

Lamborghini: 6
Nissan: 2
Merc: 4
Ferrari: 4
650: 1
Porsche: 3
BMW: 4
Audi: 0

So there are 2 cars represented less and 5 with a decent amount. Still now bad for variation, it's just a bit lobsided because the Lambo's are all pretty close to eachother.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2017, 10:36:43 PM +0100 »

yeah 3 of those Lambos are all in the same Italian team, so I see no issue with that at all Smiley  I'm more surprised there is only 1 McLaren  Huh

I noticed at Misano there was an all white plain car appearing in the pits. I must be missing a skin but not sure who it was..anyone know?
Note also, Tims new Porsche skin (link in drivers list) if you want to keep your grid up to date and looking tasty.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:39:33 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2017, 10:53:32 PM +0100 »

I'm quite upset with you Chris.
First of all, myself and Gavino dislikes the GT3s, cause I guess they are the last car to drive to have a bit of fun on a track, but I like the fairness of the majority of the drivers in SROUK, so for me is only a pleasure to drive here and have some ding dong battles (thanks to Jeffrey I learned a new idiomatic expression Smiley).
Said that, we jumped on the only two 'italian' cars for not much than an hour per car (to say the truth our car is 'German'). After we noticed that the Lambo was sensibly faster than the Ferrari (ON THE STRAIGHTS, not in cornering), we decided that it would be the best option simply for its engine power.
I was not asking to myself if that car would have been too fast compared to the others, cause we didn't have any chance to try all the other cars, apart for the Porsche. I just remember to you that in Brands Hatch you were faster than me on your Ferrari, even if I didn't appreciate the way you overtook me ('unfair' would be the right one).
Just to figure out what I'm sayin' you can see by the stracker Gavino's times compared between Ferrari and Lambo at Brands Hatch. With 50% fuel and medium tyres he was turning in 23.8 (23.6 theoretical best) in the 488. His Lambo pole laptime with soft tyres and 2.5% fuel was 1.23.4 (23.1 theoretical best). Do you think that he was uncapable to beat that time with soft tyres and low fuel onboard with the Ferrari?
So please, before you tell some other bullxxxx like "fast drivers driving the fastest cars is slightly unfair..", or "spirit of a fairer grid", please remember to use your brain, or it's better if you shut up.

Again, just my two cents  angel

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 10:56:51 PM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Gavino Pintus

Alfa Romeo Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2017, 11:46:23 PM +0100 »

Hi guys,
after some useless posts, can we go back to the point?

I try to explain you some details.
I've voted "no" to the DLC only because IMHO the new "features" was not interesting.
But after saw 15 positive votes against 2 negative ones I've bought the new DLC.

So now let me understand the real situation.

The problem is that we've too much lambos?
I'm available to change car, and you can choose a car for me if you know well all the GT3's.
In my opinion (only an opinion after few laps and trying to compare the laptimes in radiators-champ) the GT3's cars are not much different from the performance point of view. But anyone for me is funny. I'm driving with you only because I love your fairness.

The problem is a missing Balance Of Performance?
I'm ok if you think to add me(generically speaking the fastest drivers) some ballast. I repeat my goal.
I want to have fun with fairness drivers.

Let me know guys, and if you have other ideas we can talk about it, even in teamspeak if you think it's useful.
But please, avoid to forget the cooperation  angel

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2017, 11:50:56 PM +0100 »

Hi guys,
after some useless posts, can we go back to the point?

I try to explain you some details.
I've voted "no" to the DLC only because IMHO the new "features" was not interesting.
But after saw 15 positive votes against 2 negative ones I've bought the new DLC.

So now let me understand the real situation.

The problem is that we've too much lambos?
I'm available to change car, and you can choose a car for me if you know well all the GT3's.
In my opinion (only an opinion after few laps and trying to compare the laptimes in radiators-champ) the GT3's cars are not much different from the performance point of view. But anyone for me is funny. I'm driving with you only because I love your fairness.

The problem is a missing Balance Of Performance?
I'm ok if you think to add me(generically speaking the fastest drivers) some ballast. I repeat my goal.
I want to have fun with fairness drivers.

Let me know guys, and if you have other ideas we can talk about it, even in teamspeak if you think it's useful.
But please, avoid to forget the cooperation  angel

Gavino, personally, I dont think you should change you car to suit the rest of us. If we are not quick enough then thats our weakness and up to us to get faster. Plus, there is plenty of good racing throughout the pack still. Totally up to you but personally I dont think you should change just because of the rest of us drive like Miss Daisy  Grin

Michael Boylan

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2017, 12:27:31 AM +0100 »

I don't have any problems with all those Lambo aswell, only problem I have is with the stupid Nissan  Grin

Sure the thing has some good topspeed but it lacks so much in the corners. Why did I ever pick it.... Why!  :'( 
 Grin
Hopefully Monza will be a good track for it.  Cool
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2017, 02:12:30 AM +0100 »

I'm quite upset with you Chris.
First of all, myself and Gavino dislikes the GT3s, cause I guess they are the last car to drive to have a bit of fun on a track, but I like the fairness of the majority of the drivers in SROUK, so for me is only a pleasure to drive here and have some ding dong battles (thanks to Jeffrey I learned a new idiomatic expression Smiley).
Said that, we jumped on the only two 'italian' cars for not much than an hour per car (to say the truth our car is 'German'). After we noticed that the Lambo was sensibly faster than the Ferrari (ON THE STRAIGHTS, not in cornering), we decided that it would be the best option simply for its engine power.
I was not asking to myself if that car would have been too fast compared to the others, cause we didn't have any chance to try all the other cars, apart for the Porsche. I just remember to you that in Brands Hatch you were faster than me on your Ferrari, even if I didn't appreciate the way you overtook me ('unfair' would be the right one).
Just to figure out what I'm sayin' you can see by the stracker Gavino's times compared between Ferrari and Lambo at Brands Hatch. With 50% fuel and medium tyres he was turning in 23.8 (23.6 theoretical best) in the 488. His Lambo pole laptime with soft tyres and 2.5% fuel was 1.23.4 (23.1 theoretical best). Do you think that he was uncapable to beat that time with soft tyres and low fuel onboard with the Ferrari?
So please, before you tell some other bullxxxx like "fast drivers driving the fastest cars is slightly unfair..", or "spirit of a fairer grid", please remember to use your brain, or it's better if you shut up.

Again, just my two cents  angel

the fact is, the fastest drivers driving the fastest cars is unfair, and it doesn't make for a fair grid, usually here, the faster drivers pick the slower cars so it evens the field out, however, you may not of known this, i don't think bad of you for choosing the car you have, quite frankly its refreshing to have some new serious competition.

but the truth is, going from RSR live timing; (not a 100% accurate representation, but close enough..) Spa / Nurb GP / Barc Moto (don't know which variants we are planning to use so i just chose the most popular) The 650S and the Lambo just happen to be the fastest 2 cars out of the entire selection, the 488 is the 4th / 5th & 6th fastest respectively. the GTR is the slowest, at least on the 3 tracks i have talked about.

I do want to make it clear that I don't want you to change your cars, my comment regarding air restriction / ballast was one to bring the lap time differential closer together to make for a more interesting race.. the problem is, that until you actually do a round or two, you never really know how fast the cars will go under their respective drivers..

Mark has already said that manual BOP is not something that he is looking to do so that is fine, it was just a suggestion..

as for the the overtake at Brands, you went wide, you compromised your line i went on your inside, and not even that aggressively, at that point you lost your position and probably should of conceded the place knowing i was going to be going to the outside of the corner, hey.. just my opinion. Just a racing incident as far as i'm concerned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmd3n_OLS4c
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 02:16:07 AM +0100 by ChrisR » Logged

Baikal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2017, 05:31:49 AM +0100 »

Just for info.
About BOP in Monza in current OSRW GT3 champ. ( look track cat A)  Smiley
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z5z4pvq6y4j6p3v/ballast1.0%20GT3%202017.jpg?dl=0

About current preQualy using this BOP:
http://manager.rackservice.org:50800/lapstat
Using only medium compound in all sessions.

I have no enough practise here but i hope  do in next 2 days and take 1.48.7-9  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 06:26:18 AM +0100 by Baikal » Logged

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 11:02:14 AM +0100 »

Have you been on the grappa Manteos?  Grin calm down all, it's all about the racing not ranting  angel
Chris, to be fair, it was gallant of our resident aliens to resist jumping in the 650s (the only car that was flagged up as standout fast - not the huracan) to bring the field closer and it was done in good faith before anyone knew how fast our Italian vda friends are. But it's not exactly like they have some massive advantage, the lap times up front are still within tenths of maikel, Jeff, chrisR, felix and Tim !! The fact they have had any edge is because they practise hard and train together with TS making them a formidable pro team.
Post race reports of how great the fights were up front prove that and therefore Chris posting up about unfair advantages is fruitless sh*t stirring really after only 3 rounds of which you missed one  Roll Eyes  Jeez most of us would love to be able to be within a few tenths of the top 6 so let's stop detracting from the great close racing  Kiss
I am enjoying having some quick Italians to take the fight to our regular aliens and you guys should embrace the challenge instead of having it all your own way against us mortals  Smiley

Ps it may have escaped your attention but the real world Blancpain series using BoP is currently being led by an Italian in a Lambo ...just saying  Cool
« Last Edit: May 26, 2017, 11:05:48 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 11:50:24 AM +0100 »

Have you been on the grappa Manteos?  Grin calm down all, it's all about the racing not ranting  angel
Chris, to be fair, it was gallant of our resident aliens to resist jumping in the 650s (the only car that was flagged up as standout fast - not the huracan) to bring the field closer and it was done in good faith before anyone knew how fast our Italian vda friends are. But it's not exactly like they have some massive advantage, the lap times up front are still within tenths of maikel, Jeff, chrisR, felix and Tim !! The fact they have had any edge is because they practise hard and train together with TS making them a formidable pro team.
Post race reports of how great the fights were up front prove that and therefore Chris posting up about unfair advantages is fruitless sh*t stirring really after only 3 rounds of which you missed one  Roll Eyes  Jeez most of us would love to be able to be within a few tenths of the top 6 so let's stop detracting from the great close racing  Kiss
I am enjoying having some quick Italians to take the fight to our regular aliens and you guys should embrace the challenge instead of having it all your own way against us mortals  Smiley

Ps it may have escaped your attention but the real world Blancpain series using BoP is currently being led by an Italian in a Lambo ...just saying  Cool

i said, as a blanket statement only, not pointing any fingers.. that the fastest driver, driving the fastest car is not fair (in the essence of this site and how we roll), i wasn't shit stirring, or intentionally shit stirring anyway.. you just reiterated my statement by giving an example of the "aliens" not choosing the 650S, but the Lambo and the 650s are (at the moment at least) both the fastest cars in the AC GT3 line up, the fast people who didn't choose the 650s because they agreed would of giving them an unfair advantage, just happened to choose the only other car which is actually just as fast.. through no fault of their own, i accept that.. it really doesn't bother me.. i LIKE the competition..

my suggestion of BOP was not one of "whining that i can't win" it was a general idea to bring the entire field closer together.. in a sense you're BOP'ing the drivers not the cars..

anyway, i cant be bothered to go around in circles about this.. i'm sure this was just a misunderstanding because as i write this i have no ill feelings towards anyone or any choices... apart from Jeffery, your a bit of a drama queen as well, but i still love you XX

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2017, 12:12:39 PM +0100 »

Good, glad we've cleared that up  Smiley

But no more posts arguing about overtaking moves, if you guys feel anything was heavy handed or unjust then post it to the moderators for review as per the forum rules.

The only thorn in my side is this Dlc. Jeff, bearing in my mind you would have to get it anyway for future series can't you just go with the flow and get it? Solves everybody's problem and we can get back to racing. I had no interest in the jap pack but I still got it so I could race in events that use its content. It's just the way all pc sims have evolved.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2017, 12:29:21 PM +0100 »

Being that it only seems to be me now, despite recollecting Maikel wanting to switch as well, I wouldn't bother Mark.

3 rounds in and its all descended into chaos Roll Eyes

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2017, 12:48:47 PM +0100 »

If you are happy to stick with the Ferrari (lovely car anyway) and/or Jeff gets the dlc then it's all sorted. For interest the fastest guy on our Monza stracker so far is using the old Audi  Shocked so proves its more the driver not the car in most cases  Wink

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2017, 12:50:44 PM +0100 »

Being that it only seems to be me now, despite recollecting Maikel wanting to switch as well, I wouldn't bother Mark.

3 rounds in and its all descended into chaos Roll Eyes

Only reason I was thinking of switching to the Audi was because so far I've seen some great fights up ahead and the Nissan just can't keep up. It wasn't that bad in Misano as the 3 Lambo's up ahead were battling eachother, but as soon as they were clear I wasn't closing any gaps no matter how hard I pushed the car ( and abusing the track limits abit  Grin )

So I'm hoping the Nissan will be better on some tracks, like Monza or maybe Paul Ricard. But I'll stick with the Godzilla this season  Grin

Btw, I thought last season the Nissan was somewhat the best of the rest ( on most tracks )  with the 650s quickest as usual, while the Lambo was more at the bottom. Did they change so much during that time ?
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2017, 12:58:53 PM +0100 »

Gavino, personally, I dont think you should change you car to suit the rest of us. If we are not quick enough then thats our weakness and up to us to get faster. Plus, there is plenty of good racing throughout the pack still. Totally up to you but personally I dont think you should change just because of the rest of us drive like Miss Daisy  Grin

Exactly this. I don't mind Gavino driving into the distance during a race. Only thing that annoys me, is that I won't be able to match his pace, no matter how much practice I put into it   :'( Tongue .

I personally have no interest in BoP as it will be extremely hard to get it spot on and there will always be a tipping point, which will make another car better. And I want to beat somebody on equal grounds, beating a slowed down car is of no interest to me.

For future reference, running other cars out of road it allowed to some degree in real life, but regarding this rule of SRou, it's not allowed here:

If the leading driver exits a corner leaving enough room on one side track for another car, they are not permitted to move to that side if the following driver has clearly committed to it and is too close to switch to the other side without lifting off.

i said, as a blanket statement only, not pointing any fingers.. that the fastest driver, driving the fastest car is not fair (in the essence of this site and how we roll), i wasn't shit stirring, or intentionally shit stirring anyway.. you just reiterated my statement by giving an example of the "aliens" not choosing the 650S, but the Lambo and the 650s are (at the moment at least) both the fastest cars in the AC GT3 line up, the fast people who didn't choose the 650s because they agreed would of giving them an unfair advantage, just happened to choose the only other car which is actually just as fast.. through no fault of their own, i accept that.. it really doesn't bother me.. i LIKE the competition..

For me the Lambo was the 4th fastest when I tested them on Brands. I was faster in the 650, Porsche and Nissan. I picked the Lambo as it wasn't picked by anyone else at that point and I had no idea how good or bad the car was, but I've never seen it so far up front in any league. Besides, I'm not fast in the Lambo anyway, as Maikel in the Nissan can easily keep up  Grin.

... apart from Jeffrey, you're a bit of a drama queen as well, but i still love you XX

I'd rather be called a grammar nazi, that'd be less ironic as well  Tongue.

Good, glad we've cleared that up  Smiley
The only thorn in my side is this Dlc. Jeff, bearing in my mind you would have to get it anyway for future series can't you just go with the flow and get it? Solves everybody's problem and we can get back to racing. I had no interest in the jap pack but I still got it so I could race in events that use its content. It's just the way all pc sims have evolved.

I've already stated, you can chose whatever you want with the DLC. I have no idea why my only no vote is preventing it, but I thought you were waiting now to see who would actually swap.
If you really want the DLC to be included, go for it, and then it's up to me to decide before the next race if I'm going to get it or not. That's what I've been stating the whole time  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com