The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 08:31:09 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A15F1 Monza: March 04, 2020
March 04, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKAC Season 15 F1 1975
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Hesketh 308b Formula 1 1 1:21.475
---
1 45:57.159
---
33 1:22.695
---
Goodyear  
vva_avv

Tyrrell 007 Formula 1 2 +0.027
---
2 +1.360
---
33 1:21.986
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Brabham BT44 Formula 1 5 +0.880
---
3 +22.337
---
33 1:22.946
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Ferrari 312T Formula 1 3 +0.770
---
4 +23.342
---
33 1:23.112
---
Goodyear  
Oly9
 Drake Racing
BRM P201 Formula 1 4 +0.820
---
5 +42.832
---
33 1:23.184
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Tyrrell 007 Formula 1 7 +1.223
---
6 +1L
---
32 1:23.591
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

BRM P201 Formula 1 8 +1.307
---
7 +2L
---
31 1:23.517
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Lotus 72E Formula 1 9 +1.844
---
8 +20L
---
13 1:24.410
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr

Surtees TS16 Formula 1 6 +1.048
---
DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Hesketh 308b Formula 1 ---
---
Goodyear  
LesN

March 751 Formula 1 ---
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
1:21.475
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
Hesketh 308bMarch 04, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Assetto Corsa
Formula 1
1:21.986
---
vva_avv
Race
Tyrrell 007March 04, 2020, 09:00:00 PM +0000
A15F1
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 15 F1 1975 - Round 13 - Monza - Mar 4  (Read 1363 times)
LesN

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2020, 09:25:25 PM +0000 »

What happened to the server? I exited, then couldn't find it to get back in  Huh
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 09:25:37 PM +0000 »

@Lesn : I'm really sorry that you ended into the wall, I was a bit surprised by your safeness in that T1, so I started to overtake you, then unfortunately I couldn't get much more on the right side aiming the apex, because of the naughty kerb that was arriving near. If I had ended putting a wheel on that kerb, I would have became an out of control missile. We got a very tight contact rear wheel against rear wheel, it destabilised my car a little so that we got another contact, my rear wheel against your flank and this one threw you into out of control. Sad

@half the grid : I guess it's the well known story about a butterfly and the end of the world.. I was too far from the start of the action to understand well all what was happening, didn't see that slight contact between Kimi and Oliver, leading to Oliver sliding into that bend. Then I mainly focused on his car because it was more or less out of control and I didn't know if I had to pass by left or right, I thought right was the good choice and on that point I was right. I also saw Vva going left in 1st intention but he actually had to change his mind for right to avoid Oliver, then I spoted there was enough room between Kimi and Vva, but when I arrived behind you guys that room was getting smaller and smaller. I lift off for about 1 second but had no clue that both of you had lost that much speed in this incident handling, and when I jumped on the brakes it was too late to avoid you. Front left corner against Vva's car, rear right corner against Kimi's one, then a terrible mess with coming guys from back. All those circumstances made the things very hard for everybody I guess.  Cry Embarrassed

Then car was destroyed and crew didn't even want to have a look at it.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:21:09 PM +0000 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
LesN

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 09:38:11 PM +0000 »

@Lesn : I'm really sorry that you ended into the wall, I was a bit surprised by your safeness in that T1, so I started to overtake you, then unfortunately I couldn't get much more on the right side aiming the apex, because of the naughty kerb that was arriving near. If I had ended putting a wheel on that kerb, I would have became an out of control missile. We got a very tight contact rear wheel against rear wheel, it destabilised my car a little so that we got another contact, my rear wheel against your flank and this one threw you into out of control. Sad

No problem mate  Wink
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2020, 09:47:02 PM +0000 »

I got taken out in that first lap melee by a spinning BRM. Had to pit, and fix the damage. They changed the tires as well, for no reason, after 1 lap. I got out of the pits just in front of the pack, and decided to slow down and let everyone past. After that I managed to go to the end without any mistakes. At least I still got my best finish with 4 cars retiring.
Oly9

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2020, 10:15:45 PM +0000 »

Well I was very careful on Lap 1 not to have contact. Kimi managed to fight his way up immediately behind me, he had slipstream after Lesmo 2, but I took the inside, he tried to go around Ascari from the outside and side by side in Ascari is not going to work. After the contact my rear moved to the right but I managed to slow down and straighten the car so I only lost 2 or secs there. Afterwards I saw Vva ahead of me retaking the 2nd. I drove pretty close to Fabrizio who was chasing the podium but as I was getting close, under a second, I braked too late for the Lesmo 1, lost 2-3 secs, then few laps after the pair ahead of me lost some time fighting each other so I was again about a second behind but touched the curb in Lesmo 2 and spun. I was trying too hard there to get a good run down the straight. Having driven alone until the end, I had to lift a bit for the last 2 laps because of fuel. 107 l. wasn't quite enough for the thirsty BRM. Still my best result here, 5th, and best Q result (4th).
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2020, 11:43:07 PM +0000 »

Can we get a server replay? Does it even exist?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2020, 09:06:58 AM +0000 »

shame to hear about the first lap melee, something thats been generally avoided throughout this season thankfully.  Sad

What a cracking race that turned out to be!  Qually was excellent with about 5 drivers swapping faster laps for the pecking order, separated by mere tenths or hundreths of a second  Cool I couldnt match by pb by several tenths so only made the 2nd row but had a grandstand view of the front 3 line abreast for the long drag race down to Turn 1 Smiley
I got a good start, vva got a poor one and his gap allowed me to outdrag Fabri and a Oly's BRM down the long straight and i slotted into 2nd place behind Tim.  Shocked
I could quickly tell that the Heskeths grunt and possibly a lower wing meant i had no chance in hell of staying with FMG as he was pulling away down the straights  Cry Then vva re-caught me and breezed past about 5-10 laps into the race whilst Fabri and Oly started to close on me for 3rd place.
We then had a great race long slipstreaming duel for position  i was loving it but meant sometimes taking a wrong line into a fast corner which was nerve wracking on occasion  Shocked  After swapping positions several times my car gradually gained in lap times as the fuel reduced and with some well tested gearing i was able to keep ahead until the flag  Smiley 
The after-race chat proved i had too much wing at 5-3, i was quicker on 2 rear wing (as i used for qually) but the car was a little too unstable/borderline dangerous so i didnt risk it), so no idea how you kept zero wing on the tarmac.

Congrats to vva and FMG on the top two steps, i bagged 3rd  Smiley

Its a crying shame that we havent attracted bigger numbers here for this series as its been fantastic throughout (in my humble opinion) only let down by lower grid numbers to give less actual 'racing' sometimes. The cars looked ace hurtling flat out down the Monza straights and just imagine how great a fuller grid would have looked.

....which leads me to announce that this is my last series i am organising here for a while, i am off to race on pastures new in my quest for bigger grid racing. I let the SROUK management know a few weeks ago.  I'll still be hanging around and seeing whats what but no longer organising events. A big thanks to all the guys that raced most weeks and helped keep the numbers up to around 10-12 at least. A number of us classics racing fans are heading to SRO to race the GT Legends series so hope to see you there.

In the meantime, there is one round remaining. Watkins Glen is the season finale.  Cool

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2020, 09:19:33 AM +0000 »

Can we get a server replay? Does it even exist?
Sorry no such thing Sad

MaxVeloce
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2020, 12:13:15 PM +0000 »

oh wow, I got in the results without even turning a wheel this week  laugh

Sadly I'm out of racing this week and maybe next too, I have some bad infection in my right eye and have double vision looking at a screen, so no way am I going near any racing till that is cured...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:22:08 PM +0000 by MaxVeloce » Logged
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2020, 08:58:05 PM +0000 »

I had a epic battle with Mark, we passed each other several times. About 6-7 laps at the end, I let him pass for then try a decisive attack towards the end. But unfortunately I had not the opportunity to get closer to this point, always sticking to the 1 second of gap.
Great fun anyway. Cool

I had wings 0-2.
vva_avv

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2020, 06:37:46 AM +0000 »

Well, i simply failed start in Monza. Actually this is it Smiley
P.s.  - had rear wing yellow after mess at 1st lap, but it wasn't big trouble. Big one was Tim 6 seconds ahead whole race. Brilliant race mate, as always!
 Grats all survivors, glad for Fab and Mark!
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2020, 01:58:21 PM +0000 »

The 1st lap drama : (link isn't referenced, so no other people will watch it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4tKICosN9I&feature=youtu.be

Embarrassed

Also known as "Solmyr"
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2020, 02:01:13 PM +0000 »

ooft! not much you could do to avoid that, all 3 cars had slowed dramatically  Shocked

IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2020, 02:46:19 PM +0000 »

ooft! not much you could do to avoid that, all 3 cars had slowed dramatically  Shocked

Thank you for your words Mark, yes arriving at 290 into this isn't an easy challenge, unfortunately I'm the bad guy who wrecked half of the grid's race ! Grin laugh

Also known as "Solmyr"
LesN

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2020, 07:59:28 AM +0000 »

....which leads me to announce that this is my last series i am organising here for a while, i am off to race on pastures new in my quest for bigger grid racing. I let the SROUK management know a few weeks ago.  I'll still be hanging around and seeing whats what but no longer organising events. A big thanks to all the guys that raced most weeks and helped keep the numbers up to around 10-12 at least. A number of us classics racing fans are heading to SRO to race the GT Legends series so hope to see you there.

Link?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com