The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 09:04:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A16 Zandvoort: November 11, 2020
November 11, 2020, 02:58:07 PM +0000 - Zandvoort (GP) - UKAC Season 16
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 DTM DTM 4 +2.226
---
1 33:30.643
---
18 1:50.558
---
Dunlop +20.0kg
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
BMW M3 E30 DTM DTM 1 1:48.151
---
2 +0.775
---
18 1:48.946
---
Michelin  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Mercedes 190 Evo2 DTM 3 +1.910
---
3 +6.936
---
18 1:49.623
---
Michelin +6.0kg
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Alfa Romeo 155 DTM 2 +0.927
---
4 +19.752
---
18 1:49.811
---
Michelin +11.0kg
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Alfa Romeo 155 DTM 6 +3.170
---
5 +25.910
---
18 1:51.598
---
Michelin +11.0kg
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
BMW M3 E30 DTM DTM 7 +1:07.179
---
6 +36.750
---
18 1:50.897
---
Michelin  
KDiesel

BMW M3 E30 DTM DTM 5 +2.642
---
7 +13L
---
5 1:52.370
---
Michelin  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
DTM
1:48.151
---
FullMetalGasket
Qualifying
BMW M3 E30 DTMNovember 11, 2020, 02:58:07 PM +0000
A16
Assetto Corsa
DTM
1:48.946
---
FullMetalGasket
Race
BMW M3 E30 DTMNovember 11, 2020, 02:58:07 PM +0000
A16
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 16 - Zandvoort - Nov 11  (Read 1499 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 07:42:00 PM +0000 »

If you mean fully reboot the server then no - although the AC server program is reset for the race now so try again if you're availabe.
If we don't get enough people I'll likely cancel tonight though and setup a GPL race for next week instead.

I've sent Manteos my car and track directories so will be interesting to see if he can now join with that (Assuming you can't now we're on the race server)

FYI - I was refering to the basic reset
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2020, 07:44:27 PM +0000 »

The AC part of the server is reset now if you fancy a try
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2020, 08:32:49 PM +0000 »

still no joy.

i just tried changing my Sunday server file to the dtm car/track combo and got the same checksum error
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2020, 09:21:59 PM +0000 »

I think that Beemers brakes faded somehow...is that even possible?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 09:24:12 PM +0000 by KDiesel » Logged
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2020, 09:22:58 PM +0000 »

Grin  Great racing Sid was lining up for a drag to the line and bloody spun it. Really enjoyable thanks good and clean thumbup2
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2020, 09:42:43 PM +0000 »

still no joy.

i just tried changing my Sunday server file to the dtm car/track combo and got the same checksum error

This is just weird - Matteo got in after I sent him my track and car files.
If I stick the server back in practice mode and send you the link, can you try copying the car and track separately and try the server in between so we can see which the problem is?
Checksum is normally car - but mines untouched from the download and is the same 3.03 as on the website.
Unless it's somehow the track - I have the OSRW files in mine but am not using them for the server. So as they aren't being called they shouldn't be the issue.

Can I just check you tried different cars when joining the server? Or always the same one?
I love Zandvoort for certain car classes and really want to know what the issue is so we can fix it...

I think it simulates ABS with boiled fluid - that seems to be the problem in the Mercedes as the ABS is great for a few hard stops and then the car just doesn't slow down Cheesy
I managed to clobber Stefan after slowing to compare car pace with his Ford when braking hard at my normal spot and the car just said **** you and ploughed through my normal turn in point and into him! Grin

I'm thinking of giving the Ford a slight power increase but otherwise think they're all matched now, certainly in lap times as on both tracks I was within 10th's regardless of car after the same setup time.

I had a cracking race with Matteo and Fabri before their tires gave up (I said they would Tongue ) and then a good scrap with Stefan until I made my mistake/cooked my brakes.

Well done on the win Stefan Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2020, 09:47:26 PM +0000 »

Just a mention, when the race started I was dumped to the desktop, had to rejoin smartish, same thing happened at nurburgring, so I did a clean install of AC to make sure. Dont think its my end.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2020, 09:49:22 PM +0000 »

I think it simulates ABS with boiled fluid - that seems to be the problem in the Mercedes as the ABS is great for a few hard stops and then the car just doesn't slow down Cheesy
I managed to clobber Stefan after slowing to compare car pace with his Ford when braking hard at my normal spot and the car just said **** you and ploughed through my normal turn in point and into him! Grin

My BMW said exact same words...but in german. Smiley
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2020, 10:58:02 PM +0000 »

I was a little un-focused tonight, but still a fun race with several battles. In the second part of the race I finished my tyres and I also spun two times.  angel

I had a bit of troubles to find a decent setup here.

Good win, Stefan!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2020, 11:30:24 PM +0000 »

still no joy.

This is just weird - Matteo got in after I sent him my track and car files.
If I stick the server back in practice mode and send you the link, can you try copying the car and track separately and try the server in between so we can see which the problem is?
Checksum is normally car - but mines untouched from the download and is the same 3.03 as on the website.
Unless it's somehow the track - I have the OSRW files in mine but am not using them for the server. So as they aren't being called they shouldn't be the issue.

Can I just check you tried different cars when joining the server? Or always the same one?
I love Zandvoort for certain car classes and really want to know what the issue is so we can fix it...

I tried the Sierra and the BMW.

FYI - i do not have the OSRW files in my AC folder. I have replied to your message
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2020, 11:36:01 AM +0000 »

Maybe I'm just stating something wrong, but if I was able to get in the server it's probably because Tim and other drivers on srouk have a different file from the original in game.

My reasoning is this. I had an almost fresh install of AC. I just dragged Sierras cars folder form the link provided by Tim (Race Department) into the cars folder. Provided that me and Tim both downloaded the same cars form his link of post 1, Sierras shouldn't be the issue. So the issue was probably related to BMW, Alfa or Merc, or, alternatively, to the Zandvoort track, of which Tim uploaded aswell his folder.
That must have been a different file inside one of that folders. Did you have some race with DTM mod in the recent past messing around with files?
It's really weird, cause I erased the Alfa, BMW, Merc and Zandvoort folders and run the integrity check, that should have re-installed the original files. So, maybe, I'm wondering if it's something related to a race that you had in the past here on SROUK.  Huh

I'll do this test: I will delete one folder at a time, then run the integrity check to let the game re-install the original files, and see which folder creates this issue. Please leave your server up for a few hours on Zandvoort. Thank you Smiley

Did the test, and the trouble is surely related to the folder Ks_zandvoort.

I deleted the track folder sent by Tim and run the integrity check. After re-running AC, I received again the message PROBLEMS DURING CHECKSUM.

So, I guess that if you delete the folder ks_zandvort from the server installation, and then you do an integrity check on your server installation, all the drivers that yesterday managed to join the race would not be able to join the server again, and will receive the same message.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 01:04:05 PM +0000 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2020, 01:09:55 PM +0000 »

Just got in the server (1st time) and that was fine.

Just a hop in my foolish head, but if ever Manteos is in the right direction, couldn't the problem be related with one of those suspect mods which want to overwrite some files when installing despite never installed it before ? Then if we all installed it yet, due to a previous series for example, and Manteos wasn't there at the time, we all of us might have those corrupted files apart from him and a few other guys only ?  eek cursing surrender

Also known as "Solmyr"
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2020, 04:22:10 PM +0000 »

I'm thinking it's the track - the 3 Kunos cars are stock and freshly installed (I re-installed AC about 2 weeks ago), plus no-one had issues with them last week - additionally the Sierra only puts files into its' own folder in the cars directory so hasn't changed anything elsewhere in the game.

But we did run the TCR series at Zandvoort using the OSRW layout a few years back hence myself still having those files (And probably the other guys who could get in) to put back into the new install.
Following the links it's the V1.16 file on RD so I'll see what files are in there and delete them from my pc and see what happens...

If it turns out to be that, then I'd like to re-run this race to test we now know what the issue is - we'll still do the GPL67 race I suggested next week, and then re-run Zandvoort the week after (A chance to try another car for us all Wink )

If the problem is the track then I'm happy we have a working DTM championship ready to roll once I've picked a track list Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2020, 05:01:01 PM +0000 »

Found the issue - it's the track file.
Even though the OSRW version isn't called up, it seems that server manager somehow includes it when generating the files that live on the server.
When I remove the OSRW files I can't join, and get an unusual checksum error before the track can even load - put them back and it loads straight onto the server.

Offline it doesn't matter which files are in my Zandvoort folder as it just loads..

We'll re-try in 2 weeks then. I'm going to see if the track loads for people who have the OSRW files if I generate the server files without those present.
There's actually a chance it will, so that will be my preference if so as it saves downloading the track addon for everyone.

I'll test that idea over the weekend...
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2020, 05:23:26 PM +0000 »

Found the issue - it's the track file.
Even though the OSRW version isn't called up, it seems that server manager somehow includes it when generating the files that live on the server.
When I remove the OSRW files I can't join, and get an unusual checksum error before the track can even load - put them back and it loads straight onto the server.

Offline it doesn't matter which files are in my Zandvoort folder as it just loads..

We'll re-try in 2 weeks then. I'm going to see if the track loads for people who have the OSRW files if I generate the server files without those present.
There's actually a chance it will, so that will be my preference if so as it saves downloading the track addon for everyone.

I'll test that idea over the weekend...

Do we really need to do re-run, you have found problem and thats it? Personally I'm bored with this combo, it's in public servers all time anyway....test race in some fast or slow track is more helpfull than do this again.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com