The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 19, 2024, 09:02:30 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A17 Hockenheim: April 21, 2021
April 21, 2021, 08:07:54 AM +0100 - Hockenheim (1965-2001) - UKAC Season 17
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 2 +0.150
---
1 30:09.768
---
15 1:58.519
---
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket

Porsche 908LH {unknown} 1 1:58.453
---
2 +0.741
---
15 1:58.570
---
Dunlop  
L4de

Porsche 908LH {unknown} 6 +2.955
---
3 +23.434
---
15 2:00.480
---
Dunlop  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 5 +1.979
---
4 +51.622
---
15 2:01.266
---
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Virtual Drivers Alliance
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 3 +0.424
---
5 +4L
---
11 1:58.323
---
Dunlop  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 4 +1.889
---
6 +10L
---
5 2:00.437
---
Dunlop  
KDiesel

Porsche 908LH {unknown} 7 +3.093
---
DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 17 - Hockenheim - Apr 21  (Read 672 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2021, 08:19:47 AM +0100 »

Following on from the Watkins test we'll be checking the '60s Hockenheim Gp layout this week.
I had considered the 917, but then saw sense and plumped for the 908 to give us a chance of actually spotting the corners  Wink

This is an important one to at least test on, even if you can't make the race as GT reported having some FPS problems.
If you do suffer these you can try removing (Or just re-naming) the file 'hocke_forestb.fn5'. I haven't tried that myself yet so don't know how bad it looks with the trees missing, but it should fix the FPS issues without affecting the track itself Smiley

If it still isn't suitable I'll use the '80s version on RD, although that isn't as pretty and has the chicanes..

Password: see above

Practice: 19:30 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30  (30 min race)

Cars allowed:
Porsche 908LH
(Stock Kunos)

Track: Hockenheim GP (1960's version)
https://sellfy.com/f3classictracks/p/fqKN/

Live Timing: here (Only available in the week up to the race)

Time of Day Setting: 13:30
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: Not required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=98
RANDOMNESS=2
LAP_GAIN=0.007%
SESSION_TRANSFER=80

Damage: 70%

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 12:55:37 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Barone

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 06:18:49 PM +0100 »

No fps problem for me. But I have big ffb clipping on some part of the track.
But probably it's my old and clunky G27 that needs replacement.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 12:50:25 PM +0100 »

Tried a few laps last night and my eyes are still wobbling from the bumpy track  Shocked  Doesn't seem so bad in the F1 '67 cars which if anything I find are easier to drive here than the 908.

BTW race announcement still reads Watkins Glen (although the link does lead to Hocke download).

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 12:57:34 PM +0100 »

Yeah - Hadn't realised the 908's were so stiff when I picked them.
They're good fun to slide about the spectator area in though and fast enough for the straights.

Like you say, the F1's are actually far smoother!

With the drafting this should be a fun race with a half decent grid.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 07:11:38 PM +0100 »

I only had a couple of laps yesterday as I was installing the CSRE wheel Mark kindly sent to me. In those few laps I managed to fall into oblivion three times over. Once in the Ost Kurve and twice going over the white line in the Sud Kurve Not very impressed for a payware track.. If it happens during the race there is no other option then to quit.

The new wheel seems to give me much nicer, detailed feedback, so I think it will improve consistancy over the DFGT I was using. However with these 908 it is too easy to spin, so not expecting much tonight.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2021, 07:22:58 PM +0100 »

It's a free track Huh
Can't say I've fallen through the scenery yet myself and I've done loads of laps in different cars

Also, which white line? I've been sliding out onto the dragstrip loads @ Sudkurve without falling through (and spinning off there - like you say the Porsche is twitchy)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:25:58 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 08:20:51 PM +0100 »

running late here. Don't think I'll make it..

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 08:58:52 PM +0100 »

Took too much speed into Ostkurve and ran wide killing my steering. Was fun up until then. No track issues to report here.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 11:34:09 PM +0100 »

Took too much speed into Ostkurve and ran wide killing my steering. Was fun up until then. No track issues to report here.

Yeah, we both outbraked ourselves there Smiley
My suspension was bent, but it wasn't too bad, Only had to keep the wheel a little to the left to go straight Smiley so I decided to stay out and keep going till the end. Had another spin some time later, after changing gears down to quickly.  At least I managed to finish.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2021, 08:09:22 AM +0100 »

My race can be summarised by the 2 pictures below Grin :

Most of the race was spent within a meter or so of Manteos while we had an almighty battle for 1st, we'd spend as much as half of every lap side by side or nose to tail Cool
Eventually we touched in the arena while I was trying to be clever, Manteos then fell off a corner later while slowing for me - so I slowed for him and Fabri shot through.

The pair of us then caught Fabri but I was caught out by some rubber-banding caused by slight lag, and ended up in the fence avoiding Fabri's car when it suddenly dropped back at me. Unfortunately Manteos was collected when the fence fired me back across the track, sorry but as you saw I was a passenger!

Manteos retired at the Ost Kurve and I struggled on despite bent steering and a very unhealthy nose. Fabri did wait for me a lap later but my car was too damaged to do anything other than (just about) keep up with him.

Still, it was an epic race and no-one seemed to have any issues (please confirm that guys) so I see no reason why we can't use it.

@Stefan: do you have any replays of your trips through the ground or screen shots? Sergio has Hockenheim on his list for updates and optimization - if you can show where the holes are and we can confirm them we can pass the info on so he can fix it. Although we had over half the entrants fall off on those 2 corners at various points in the race last night and I don't think anyone entered oblivion.

I must also add that these gave such good racing I've definitely ear-marked them for a potential future series angel
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2021, 08:40:07 AM +0100 »

Sorry to have missed this one. I'll give it a go in the next few days to see if I can replicate the faults I found.
Track is very nice otherwise and I don't mind if it will be used in a series.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2021, 01:12:41 PM +0100 »

Sorry for no shows last few weeks, hope to be back shortly. thumbup1
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2021, 01:24:07 PM +0100 »

We have a fun F1 themed event next week Bob (Announcement after work today), then I'm away on holiday, then it's GPL! Cool
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2021, 05:25:54 PM +0100 »

I enjoyed the spectacular battle between Tim and Matteo, being just behind them. Really beautiful to watch: great overtaking and sideways cars.
I took advantage of their little uncertainty and took the lead, but I preferred to wait for the next lap to get back together compact. Unfortunately there was some technical problem (such as lag) and Tim who was on my tail had to move abruptly outside and ended up on the grass, also Matteo who was behind was involved.
A real shame, the race could have ended with a great battle.
I hope this mess was not from my connection or from my pc.

The 908 is a truly beautiful car to drive and look at. Certainly one of my favorites.
Unfortunately the prototypes present in AC are not balanced and therefore it would be difficult to make them run among themselves, as we have already tried in the past. Perhaps the only solution would be to use only the 908, or to think about a difficult balancing.
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2021, 06:01:11 PM +0100 »

The 908 is a truly beautiful car to drive and look at. Certainly one of my favorites.
Unfortunately the prototypes present in AC are not balanced and therefore it would be difficult to make them run among themselves, as we have already tried in the past. Perhaps the only solution would be to use only the 908, or to think about a difficult balancing.

I got solution for that, if you, Tim & Matteo take 908 and rest of us take C9, problem is solved... Smiley
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com