The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 09:07:53 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18PROTO - Spa: December 15, 2021
December 15, 2021, 07:59:07 AM +0000 - Spa (2007-) - UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 917K {unknown} 1 2:30.883
---
1 1:33:10.782
---
36 2:31.200
---
Goodyear  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 2 +2.607
---
2 +21.020
---
36 2:33.113
---
Firestone  
vva_avv

Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 3 +3.161
---
3 +1:12.862
---
36 2:33.019
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket

Porsche 908LH {unknown} 6 +5.287
---
4 +1:55.711
---
36 2:37.203
---
Dunlop  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 5 +5.040
---
5 +2:16.131
---
36 2:35.197
---
Firestone  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 4 +4.761
---
6 +2:28.538
---
36 2:34.778
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 8 +7.273
---
7 +1L
---
35 2:36.462
---
Firestone  
SimMadPaul

Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 7 +5.384
---
8 +9.591
---
35 2:37.004
---
Firestone  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 10 +7.749
---
9 +44.027
---
35 2:37.959
---
Goodyear  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 12 +9.703
---
10 +1:28.139
---
35 2:40.083
---
Dunlop  
KDiesel

Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 14 +10.758
---
11 +1:34.324
---
35 2:39.423
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 11 +9.409
---
12 +2L
---
34 2:39.957
---
Goodyear  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 9 +7.358
---
13 +4L
---
32 2:36.378
---
Firestone  
L4de

Porsche 908LH {unknown} 13 +10.531
---
14 +25L
---
11 2:43.230
---
Dunlop  
philippe GIRARD
 Equipe BGB
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 15 +18.442
---
15 +27L
---
9 2:50.350
---
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck - 250kms of Spa - Dec 15  (Read 1565 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2021, 12:21:26 PM +0000 »

hey all, good fun on the practise server last night, always nice to see other cars on track, especially these!

I think i am going to go P330 Ferrari for this one. Its a tough call, i genuinely love driving all these cars here. Even that boat of a GT40 had me smitten once i got used to dragging its lump around the corners and i was very tempted to take that. I didnt get enough time to try the 908 properly, nor even a lap with the 917 yet  Cry

Is there more chance of a race with others in the GT40 v 908 fight? Looks like P330 and 917s will be standalone classes. I'm in it for the sheer fun of racing this exotica as will miss some rounds due to other commitments.

See you on track later  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2021, 12:40:23 PM +0000 »

I had a half distance x2 fuel and tyres practice race with the AI yesterday in the 908 and finished 2nd behind the 917  Smiley

Strategy and setup seems good, now if you can all just drive at 90%  thumbup2

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2021, 01:23:49 PM +0000 »

hey all, good fun on the practise server last night, always nice to see other cars on track, especially these!

I think i am going to go P330 Ferrari for this one. Its a tough call, i genuinely love driving all these cars here. Even that boat of a GT40 had me smitten once i got used to dragging its lump around the corners and i was very tempted to take that. I didnt get enough time to try the 908 properly, nor even a lap with the 917 yet  Cry

Is there more chance of a race with others in the GT40 v 908 fight? Looks like P330 and 917s will be standalone classes. I'm in it for the sheer fun of racing this exotica as will miss some rounds due to other commitments.

See you on track later  Smiley

The limited use of chassis means they're all the same class from a results perspective. In UKGPL in events like this the trick was to find better than average results in the slow cars while maximising the fast ones - Given we've never had a long duration race in these, or even raced un-BOP'ed we don't actually know what the weakest link will be yet thanks to fuel and tire use Grin

I think there will always be overlap between the makes anyway, fast guys in slow chassis will probably end up fight slower drivers in the faster chassis... It should keep things interesting.

Can you please make sure you give your car choice by the date stated though, I made the server files after tea yesterday and now have to do it again and re-upload ready for tonight Wink
MaxVeloce
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2021, 01:39:51 PM +0000 »

I had a half distance x2 fuel and tyres practice race with the AI yesterday in the 908 and finished 2nd behind the 917  Smiley
how was the tyre wear,  I've not had chance to test that properly yet  Shocked

I think there will always be overlap between the makes anyway, fast guys in slow chassis will probably end up fight slower drivers in the faster chassis... It should keep things interesting.
Absolutely, then add in the "$!!# I broke my car" factor and who knows what could happen...
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2021, 01:55:49 PM +0000 »

how was the tyre wear,  I've not had chance to test that properly yet  Shocked

Absolutely, then add in the "$!!# I broke my car" factor and who knows what could happen...

Yes, there was indeed tyre wear  Grin

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2021, 02:10:14 PM +0000 »

Advatage of long races, tyre wear & fuel consumption really matters, I've try to tell this point for years and result was 2x15 minute races... Wink
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2021, 03:11:47 PM +0000 »

Can you please make sure you give your car choice by the date stated though, I made the server files after tea yesterday and now have to do it again and re-upload ready for tonight Wink

yeah sorry about that, i literally read that sentence this morning, oops!  Tongue I didnt even discover this series until the weekend!  Grin

with regards tyre wear and fuel useage,  havent got a clue as not done any longer runs except with the GT40 last night. Tyres were okay on that after burning up 50L of fuel
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 03:14:20 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

MaxVeloce
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2021, 03:43:51 PM +0000 »

Yes, there was indeed tyre wear  Grin

Hit with a wet fish
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2021, 09:36:31 PM +0000 »

Shocked All that for gearbox to pack up lap 34, bugger........
MaxVeloce
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2021, 09:56:22 PM +0000 »

Unlucky Bob  Sad
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 15, 2021, 10:22:23 PM +0000 »

I certainly made it harder than it needed to be, but joker still maximized.
An hour before the race I cut my right thumb. Not a good omen of things to come. I drove the race with a bandage on the thumb, but other then trying to come off while I was racing, it didn't bother me too much. Then while I was trying to join the server, my Quest 2 started to act, it was constantly losing tracking, I barely managed to click to switch to rift mode and get into AC. But since tracking wasn't working, if I moved in my chair, the world (car) was moving with me, not my head moving around the car as it normally would be.
On the server I saw I was the only 917, so the pressure was on to not make any mistakes and win, as the car is by far the best.
Qually went good and I was easily on pole.
Fuel calculations were showing me that I could do 20 laps on the full tank, so I thought I just needed another 15 laps of fuel, because the race was 35 laps, right? I could have sworn I read it was 35 laps. But after the start, I saw it was 36 laps! So when pitting I needed to figure out where my pit controls were to increase the fuel. Except I wasn't sure were they were? If they weren't mapped to the wheel buttons, I was screwed. I guess I'll find out when pitting. All that time Max was doing excellent job keeping the pressure on in the early laps, only 1 second or so off my times. As the laps counted up, I realized another mistake I made. When I set up my pit strategy, I only set the fuel. I set to change the tires, but forgot to change default pressures. And those were definitely too low. So now I was debating, if I found pit controls, do I turn off tire change? Or do I go with new but underinflated tires?
As fuel went down, I built a good cushion over Max, but range was even shorter, I barely made it to lap 19, and went into the pits. I was frantically pushing buttons on my wheel as I was rolling toward the pit stall, and luckily pit controls were there. I stopped just before the stall to adjust the fuel, adding 5 or so litters, and I went with new tires. I lost a few seconds while stopped there before pitting properly. And then proceeded to stay and stay in the pits. Afterwards I calculated I lost around a minute and a half in total for pitting. I exited in third behind Max and Mark J. Mark was close by and I almost caught him by the end of lap 20, but he went into pits. I wasn't sure how far ahead was Max, as there were several cars between us. But on lap 22 he stopped and exited around 8 seconds behind me. Despite my low pressured tires I was doing ok,  but then with 10 laps to go I noticed I had fuel for 9.6 more laps  Shocked I didn't put enough at the stop. Since I couldn't afford a quick splash of fuel pitstop, with Max being so close, I proceeded to short shift and save fuel. It wasn't until two laps to go when I finally saw 2 .1 laps of fuel left and knew I was safe.
Then on the last lap I stupidly thought let's try to set the fastest lap and almost went off at Eau Rouge  Grin So what looked fairly straight forward from the outside, was all drama  for me.
Congrats to Max who was really fast and made sure I couldn't afford any mistakes, and to vva for rounding out the podium.
Now back to earth for the next race  Grin
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 12:14:56 AM +0000 by Syd Drake » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 15, 2021, 10:29:16 PM +0000 »

Bad luck Bob - that was a hell of a lot of pressure you put on me in the early stages, interesting that the Porsches strong points were enough to keep you at bay even while the weak points are trying to throw me at the scenery! I enjoyed that and have to admit I was somewhat rooting for you, but even though I was making a point of not covering lines you never quite got through far enough to pass.

Well done to Syd for playing the Joker successfully, and also to Max for staying closer to the 917 than I was expecting with VVA bringing home 3rd.
I didn't even see Mark pull off so am surprised and happy to have bagged 4th somehow.

Assuming the replay shows it I should be able to get some pretty good pictures of my formation flying from the final 2 laps after my 2nd miss-shift of the race - My engine builder was not happy with me when I finished ninja

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2021, 11:08:37 PM +0000 »

Freakin benzina  Roll Eyes 6L short  Lips Sealed I blame Syd he should have finished a lap ahead  laugh

Good race other than that, certainly felt like an endurance race. I should have finished 4th where I spent almost the entire race. I enjoyed chasing vva early in the race but I couldn’t stay with him and Max after a while. Then it was pretty lonely for a long while and I was hoping vva had less fuel onboard. Annoyingly on the very last lap before my stop I got a half spin and loss 7 secs so that threw away any potential pit stop gain over him.
After the stop I had to catch Tim who’d passed me in the pits. I closed him down over several laps then had a really enjoyable scrap for several more laps, though it was costing me a chunk of time in some corners avoiding his wayward derrier, good scrap  Smiley
About 3 laps after that I started getting concerned about my fuel so began coasting and short shifting. It wasn’t enough, with 1 lap to go I had to pit  Angry I couldn’t remember how the heck you change pit strategy so had to take a full load and tyres …aarrgh!
Lost two places and felt grumpy.

Good event though  thumbup1

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2021, 08:59:39 AM +0000 »

Quite enjoyed the GT40, even though it was the slowest car & I was pretty slow too. Had a bit of a battle with Kimi early on until he nearly lost it at Les Combes leaving me running the rest of the race on my own. My pit tactics were also wrong as I pitted at half distance instead of filling the car for the start & then just having a short stop late in the race.

Congrats to the podium guys, cya all next week.  thumbup1
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2021, 09:27:25 AM +0000 »

Sorry for the tap at start of lap 2 FMG, was caught out with the back end of your car swinging about like a pendulum, very entertaining to follow, was expecting you off at any time but didn't happen, great driving. I made a mistake and lost two places which took several laps to get back then time to pit.  Been waiting for a knee replacement in left leg over two years and was proper struggling towards end of race. Well done all need to recover for next one. sweatdrop sweatdrop
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com