The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 26, 2024, 05:42:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18PROTO Le Mans: January 12, 2022
January 12, 2022, 10:52:10 AM +0000 - Le Mans (Sarthe (1932-67)) - UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
KDiesel

Porsche 917K {unknown} 2 +1.763
---
1 1:30:09.743
---
27 3:10.554
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket

Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 4 +17.377
---
2 +1L
---
26 3:26.908
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Porsche 917K {unknown} 3 +5.149
---
3 +1:19.577
---
26 3:12.211
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 6 +24.066
---
4 +2L
---
25 3:30.884
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 5 +22.517
---
5 +20.112
---
25 3:30.949
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 8 +26.263
---
6 +1:26.833
---
25 3:34.451
---
Dunlop  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 9 +32.666
---
7 +3L
---
24 3:35.637
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 8 +4L
---
23 3:31.320
---
Goodyear  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 7 +25.938
---
9 +8L
---
19 3:32.076
---
Goodyear  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
Porsche 917K {unknown} 1 3:09.320
---
10 +23L
---
4 3:09.852
---
Goodyear  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 10 +1:03.205
---
11 +25L
---
2 3:34.490
---
Goodyear  
vva_avv

Porsche 908LH {unknown} DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
SimMadPaul

Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Porsche 908LH {unknown} ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
3:09.320
---
kaifos
Qualifying
Porsche 917KJanuary 12, 2022, 10:52:10 AM +0000
A18PROTO
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
3:09.852
---
kaifos
Race
Porsche 917KJanuary 12, 2022, 10:52:10 AM +0000
A18PROTO
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck - 24Hrs of Le Mans/16 - Jan 12  (Read 1388 times)
SimMadPaul

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2022, 05:22:45 PM +0000 »

GT40 please Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2022, 07:33:08 PM +0000 »

Is it possible for me to have my third outing in the Ferrari, cant manage two laps in the 917 without destroying it.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2022, 07:55:29 PM +0000 »

Cheesy

lol, no Probs Bob. The 917 is mental here Grin
SimMadPaul

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2022, 07:12:57 PM +0000 »

Sorry guys once again my health or lack of gets in the way of enjoying anything in life. Have a great race. I really hope to see you next time. Smiley
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2022, 09:10:48 AM +0000 »

Firstly, apologies to Syd for the first lap incident, I braked a little too late & just could not get the car stopped. It was one of those things where it all seemed to happen in slow motion & there was nothing I could do about it. Luckily I don't think it did any serious damage to either car & probably didn't really change the outcome of the race. Must be more careful in future.

The rest of the race was pretty much uneventful in a car that I just cannot really get to grips with, although I did get a bit more acquainted with its handling as the race progressed. So basically just happy to get it to the finish.

Congrats to Kimi on the win & to Tim & Jari on the podium.  clap clap clap
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2022, 10:00:20 AM +0000 »

Poor car choice, sum up my race in one word....solitude. On the plus side, ate two packs of crisps and drank one bottle of juice on the long, long, long boring straight, but I finished. thumbup2
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2022, 10:08:14 AM +0000 »

Great event last night, cars looked and sounded superb. Those drive by's were something else when sat in the glorious 60's pits.  wub  What a combination of car and track!  Cool

The only pity as ever, was lack of numbers. How an event like this doesnt attract a bigger grid i'll never know, i thought some SRO regulars would be up for this event/series?
In hindsight i wish i'd gone for the 917K as an experience as i ended up racing on my own for 85% of the race anyway, but competing in the GT40 at LM also ticks a lot of boxes so still fun, just wish it wasnt so clumsy in the 90 degree corners.
When Syd got thumped at T1 i think that effectively ended a challenge for position for me as we were on similar race pace i think. Stefan and Max kept me honest in the first 20mins but gradually fell back and then in my distant mirrors i saw Max mounting the sand bank at Mulsanne corner so that was another car down. By the time i pitted i think i had a 20+ sec lead over the nearest car and Tim had long ago disapeared off into the distance.
@Tim, did you use the shortest gear ratio? - you shot away from me each time in the early laps at the tighter corners despite me treating the throttle like a turbo car by getting on the gas mid turn allowing a little for the lag of the longer gear ratios. I only appeared to close on you slightly on the long straights which made me think you were topping out sooner.

Race itself went well, no off's or contacts, just the odd clumsy corner exit, just needed a bit more 'racing'. Did get cramp in my leg on one lap but luckily on the Mulsanne so was able to wiggle my leg about  Grin

My pitstop went smoothly (For once!) and i rejoined behind Syd, which concerned me slightly as he didnt pit for a long time after me and i wondered if i had lost a position when it showed him now 45 secs ahead !  But eventually he stopped and i retook the lead with a 19sec ? gap. I did have another GT40 for company late on but must have been a lapped car, dont know who. I finished the race with over 40L of fuel so somehow cocked my fuel levels up again  Roll Eyes but at least it was too much, not too little  Tongue

I thought i was on for 3rd overall position but a recovering Jaari in the 917 passed me very late on in the race and i brought the car home in 4th overall, 2nd in class  clap  Happy with that  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2022, 11:50:55 AM +0000 »

Really enjoyed that although things didn't quite go as planned.

Thought I'd worked out a decent strategy for this. I started with a full tank and split my stop into 2 for fuel and tyres as I was worried about tyre wear and with the pit lane being so short and fill time so long the extra stop seemed like a small penalty for the fresher tyres. I'd even set up for a late splash/dash to account for extra laps if any of the 917s finished without incident.

Had my usual bad start and to my surprise had Max behind me who took a couple of laps to catch me and pass. My plan was to hang onto him and get a good exit onto Mulsanne for some drafting but I messed up the exit of Tetre Rouge and spun. Later that lap I came across Max hitting the armco in front of me and then disappearing over the sandbank at Indianapolis. Reminded me of this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8VP6Ly9I3k   (at 23:15)  lol

Sorry mate, but it had me laughing so hard I could hardly drive.

I then had a recovering Syd chasing me down and we had a good few laps together, just about holding my place until I decided to pit for my first stop which went perfectly. Unfortunately I misjudged the lack of grip on my cold tyres on my outlap and went over the sandbank at Tetre Rouge and then damaged the car in my efforts to get back on track. Think I caused Geoffers a bit of a scare rejoining but no harm done thankfully  Embarrassed

I had right front suspension/steering damage and limped around to the pits but must have pressed the wrong buttons and had to crawl around for another lap. This time I made sure I ticked the correct boxes and saw my pitcrew at work with a spanner. Unfortunately in repairing the front right they somehow damaged the front left so I had to limp around again this time with damage on the opposite side!  Roll Eyes Pitted again a couple of times for them to finish repairs but they'd obviously given up on me and gone down the pub.

I wanted to finish here.....it's Le Mans. I had to keep one eye on the leaderboard for gaps to lapping cars and another in my mirrors as they approached. I think I managed to keep myself out of the way but apologies to anyone I may have caused a scare.

On my last lap I understeered over the sandbank at Mulsanne corner landing on my roof and was teleported back to the pits. I think I must have lost a lap because my display now said "Final Lap". I set off from the pits expecting to have to crawl around again but my car was now miraculously fixed. Like new  Roll Eyes

Well done to pody and finishers  Cool

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2022, 01:06:05 PM +0000 »

Later that lap I came across Max hitting the armco in front of me and then disappearing over the sandbank at Indianapolis. Reminded me of this.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8VP6Ly9I3k   (at 23:15)  lol

LOL, it felt like that too.

I was already trying to limp it back to the pits but failed as you saw - because I had also decided playing with the sandbank at mulsanne corner would be fun,  but it turns out the price for that is a car that steers like the average shopping trolley at tescos (you know - the ones with 1 wheel off the ground half the time).

I did pre-race testing and had a lovely setup (similar times to Tims qually lap), so I know its going to sound crazy but last night in qually it was suddenly like a different car, and then the same in the race  Sad.  I'd swear that sometimes AC just effs up online and you get some weird alternate universe physics. Its not the first time it happened to me but it is rare.  I dont believe its track grip because at most races I can feel and adjust to that after a couple of corners, this seems like something else [/excuse #86856 from the race drivers handbook].   Or I just sucked last night Tongue
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:09:26 PM +0000 by Max . » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2022, 01:24:04 PM +0000 »

Conversely I thought the track was faster last night - especially by the end of qually when I dipped into the 26's Tongue

Because you had suspiciously not posted any laps on the server I worked on an alternate strategy in practice, and used my qualifying gearset with a normal rev limit for some extra oomph and top speed (once the tires were warm and the fuel had dropped a little I was generally doing 198-200mph at the end of the Musanne).
As a result I had better laptimes than I had originally banked on, and after your disaster of a qualifying run I had a very lonely race - I didn't even get to be passed by a 917 on the circuit as I was in the pits when Kimi lapped me (WD on the win Kimi!).

To Mark - I was still accelerating at the end of the straights and only puling about 6,500RPM so no, I wasn't on the shortest gears Wink
The straights and your exits onto them are critical here, they are all late apex and epically early throttle - so If I pulled away you were going in too deep and getting on the power too late or just getting sideways yes

I've only got one run left in the GT40 and have to say I'm going to miss in once that's done with, she's a heavy boat but once you have the balance sorted she's a great drive Smiley

Well done to the guys who had disasters but pressed on to finish anyway - that's exactly what Le Mans is all about angel
MaxVeloce
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2022, 01:39:58 PM +0000 »

Conversely I thought the track was faster last night - especially by the end of qually when I dipped into the 26's Tongue

Because you had suspiciously not posted any laps on the server I worked on an alternate strategy in practice, and used my qualifying gearset with a normal rev limit for some extra oomph and top speed (once the tires were warm and the fuel had dropped a little I was generally doing 198-200mph at the end of the Musanne).

Exactly,  I dont believe it was a track grip thing but some odd bug as I did a bunch of offline testing and was doing consistent laps, not throwing it into the scenery every lap like last night.  Wasn't trying to hide anything by not going on the server - I was messing about for hours on tuesday trying to make the 908 competitive (had debug apps on checking ride height and testing ride height / aero for speed differences etc and just didn't want to be doing that and continually stop/starting while other people were doing full laps), and also wasted a bunch of time seeing how hard I could get that 330 to run LOL. By the time I'd done all that it was too late to do any real server test in the GT40.

Would have been fun to race that 908 just to see what stupid result I could get with it, but in the end the ford was just too much quicker down the mulsanne where you'd get swamped by the GT40 pack on lap1 and waste time fighting them, so it wasn't worth doing...
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 01:43:25 PM +0000 by Max . » Logged
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2022, 02:43:50 PM +0000 »

Nothing to report here, after other 917's were out or far behind I just went to grandma-mode and cruise it home. Last lap I was too lazy to drive another lap so I waited 20 secs 'till clock hits zero and finish the race.
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2022, 04:53:28 PM +0000 »

Firstly, apologies to Syd for the first lap incident, I braked a little too late & just could not get the car stopped. It was one of those things where it all seemed to happen in slow motion & there was nothing I could do about it. Luckily I don't think it did any serious damage to either car & probably didn't really change the outcome of the race. Must be more careful in future.

The rest of the race was pretty much uneventful in a car that I just cannot really get to grips with, although I did get a bit more acquainted with its handling as the race progressed. So basically just happy to get it to the finish.

Congrats to Kimi on the win & to Tim & Jari on the podium.  clap clap clap

Actually that hit put me into the wall and damaged my aerodynamics. I was around 5-6kph down on the straights, which was costing me around 1-1.5 seconds a lap, besides 15 or so seconds  lost getting going again. I was pretty mad about it the first half hour or so of the race. After I pitted I selected to fix body damage so at least I got the top speed back for the last 30 minutes. As Mark J said, we probably could have  had a race long battle if it wasn't for the t2. We should really drive more carefully on lap 1 of a 90 minute race.
Other than that, right after my stop Stefan was behind me, and we had a long drag on the straight. I was on the inside for the kink, and I think we were side by side. I lifted a bit through the kink to stay on the inside. I'm not sure what happened, I didn't feel contact, but Stefan was gone, and I think I saw a dust of cloud in the distance in my mirror.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 04:57:16 PM +0000 by Syd Drake » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com