The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 05:35:04 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18PROTO Hockenheim: January 26, 2022
January 26, 2022, 10:58:59 AM +0000 - Hockenheim (1965-2001) - UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Porsche 917K {unknown} 1 1:52.615
---
1 1:18:32.042
---
40 1:50.845
---
Goodyear  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 2 +5.014
---
2 +1:17.438
---
40 1:56.930
---
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket

Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 3 +5.588
---
3 +1:20.356
---
40 1:57.176
---
Goodyear  
vva_avv

Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 6 +6.336
---
4 +1L
---
39 1:57.547
---
Firestone  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 5 +6.246
---
5 +3.143
---
39 1:57.837
---
Firestone  
kaifos
 HDR Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 4 +5.862
---
6 +11.162
---
39 1:57.827
---
Firestone  
L4de

Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 8 +8.202
---
7 +2L
---
38 1:59.732
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 10 +9.184
---
8 +21.768
---
38 1:59.650
---
Dunlop  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Porsche 908LH {unknown} 7 +7.056
---
9 +5L
---
35 1:58.346
---
Dunlop  
KDiesel

Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 9 +8.959
---
10 +21L
---
19 2:00.385
---
Goodyear  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Porsche 917K {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck - The 300KMs of Hockenheim - Jan 26  (Read 1078 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2022, 10:31:56 PM +0000 »

Amazing race for me, but marred by a misjudgement while slipping the clutch into 3rd while entering Ost kurve VERY hot! I hit the wall and caused myself some damage, costing about 3 or 4 seconds..
Luckily I was well into my pit window so just pitted and set the guys to repairing the damage. This took about 2 seconds longer than the tires and fuel which was nice - except that when you add those bits of extra time and also consider I finished 3 seconds behind Lorenzo it cost me the (potential) win Roll Eyes

I had an epic battle with VVA for the first 5 or 6 laps, as I struggled to hold him off while fully laden with fuel. Eventually he got past and I just could stay close enough in the stadium to jump back ahead in the forest (Job done though - I knew my pitstop would be faster so I just had to cleanly hold him off as long as possible to give me the late-race advantage Wink ).
The entire 2nd stint was an equally tough battle with Lorenzo - allbeit at a slightly greater distance as we fought rediculously over lap times while I tried desperately to reel him in now my GT40 was lighter and on fresh rubber. Lorenzo managed to pretty much equal me every lap - or slightly beat me - and then pulled a blinder out of his hat just after I set a new FL with about 6 to go..

I set 3 more PB's in the GT40 on the run to the finish but he held me off and took a deserved victory!

A huge F to the broken track,  went a bit wide entering the stadium with 4 laps to go and it decided I hadn't finished the lap so put me a lap back in the positions. I didn't gain anything, actually lost 4-5 seconds on that lap so meh.

If you'd finished and reported it afterwards I could have checked the replay and re-instated your lap afterwards before uploading the results.
This has happened loads of times over the years, last I remember was in the RSR cup early on in my tenure running the AC races.

Could someone please check the replay at lap 22 and have a look what happened to my car? Tnx
I still don't understand why this happens to you - that's actually the racing line, my car drove over that spot nearly every lap. Certainly everyone I was racing with was using it too.
I'd already found it before visiting the forum so have recorded the replay as a video.
I'll have a go at throwing the 917 around through there tomorrow evening (Although you said it was happening in the 908 too previously, so I'm guessing it's all cars for you?)

I'll run through the replay when I have a spare hour to see where you rejoined the server - If you rejoined on the lead lap then I can re-instate you as the winner as I know you passed me and Lorenzo with a fair distance still to go and the incident wasn't an accident of your own making.

If you can upload your setup that may help me as I can fit that before trying to jump to the centre of the earth....

Did you re-install the track as you mentioned? If you did, then the only thing I can think of is if you loaded something via CM (knowingly or not) that has broken the track mesh for you.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2022, 07:42:37 AM +0000 »

Sorry I did not make it last night, too much happening in real life at this time and unfortunately will be away from home for the next four to five weeks but should be back early March. Have some good racing meanwhile. thumbup2
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2022, 09:28:52 AM +0000 »

Great race last night, enjoyed it as a tougher endurance race and looked fab with the cool variety of cars being used.  Cool

Had a good race and decent pace despite being a bit late to the party. Kept up with vva and Tim for the first 8 laps as i got used to the 330 on a full tank, enjoying watching them trading places whilst Kai was keeping on my tail. Alas on lap 8 when i tried to carry too much momentum through turn1 to get closer to Tims GT40, one of my left wheels must have crept over the concrete apron onto the grass and i got span around.
This dropped me 15 painful seconds and several places. But i then got into a good rhythm as the fuel burnt off and kept hitting pb after pb until i was in the low 57's, retaking the positions early on and steadily closing Tim and vva down to about 10 seconds before my pitstop.
Stop went smoothly, though felt like forever waiting for all that fuel to go in. I was shocked to rejoin back down in 6th or 7th but realised those uber efficient 908's had leapfrogged me in the pits!
I re closed on Syd and vva ahead but then Syd had a massive off at the fast curve and parked his boat sideways across the track. I had to almost throw my car into the scenery to avoid hitting him and slowly creep around the grass verge. This cost me 8 seconds and any chance of catching Max (Porsche team play  Tongue Grin )
This also allowed Kai to recatch me despite me having a 10 second gap to him after the pits! and we enjoyed a battle for quite a few laps with him keeping the pressure on me.
Sadly for Max he disapeared late on and then shockingly vva reappeared behind me as well and i was elevated to 3rd  Shocked  Kai fell back eventually and i coasted home to a fine 3rd place  Smiley

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2022, 10:18:46 AM +0000 »

I still don't understand why this happens to you - that's actually the racing line, my car drove over that spot nearly every lap. Certainly everyone I was racing with was using it too.
I'd already found it before visiting the forum so have recorded the replay as a video.
I'll have a go at throwing the 917 around through there tomorrow evening (Although you said it was happening in the 908 too previously, so I'm guessing it's all cars for you?)

I'll run through the replay when I have a spare hour to see where you rejoined the server - If you rejoined on the lead lap then I can re-instate you as the winner as I know you passed me and Lorenzo with a fair distance still to go and the incident wasn't an accident of your own making.

If you can upload your setup that may help me as I can fit that before trying to jump to the centre of the earth....

Did you re-install the track as you mentioned? If you did, then the only thing I can think of is if you loaded something via CM (knowingly or not) that has broken the track mesh for you.

Further to this I've spent 5-10 minutes in a 917 driving through that section at racing speed, slowly, and even performing a 3 minute doughnut session over it with various different ride-heights. Nothing I do makes me "Journey to the Centre of the earthtm".

I increasingly think something is wrong with your track or AC install as no-one else has suffered from this.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2022, 11:02:27 AM +0000 »

That seems to be the case. I did download the track again and while re-installing CM mentioned updated files, so I assumed it would fix the issue..  I will clear out that directory and do a file integrety check.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
MaxVeloce
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2022, 11:36:24 AM +0000 »

A huge F to the broken track,  went a bit wide entering the stadium with 4 laps to go and it decided I hadn't finished the lap so put me a lap back in the positions. I didn't gain anything, actually lost 4-5 seconds on that lap so meh.

If you'd finished and reported it afterwards I could have checked the replay and re-instated your lap afterwards before uploading the results.
This has happened loads of times over the years, last I remember was in the RSR cup early on in my tenure running the AC races.

noted for the future, but it just made me damn angry at the time...
vva_avv

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2022, 06:35:12 PM +0000 »

Just as Max said, "it decided I hadn't finished the lap so put me a lap back in the positions".

so do i:)
Around 30th lap i missed braking point after 2nd long straight and went all over the stadium section. Didnt know what i was supposed to do so i made another lap and then - drive-through for myself because that cut wasnt fair.
But then i found myself 1 lap behind everyone.
What a mess...

Anyway 1st half was rly nice. It was great fight FMG!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 06:38:43 PM +0000 by vva_avv » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2022, 10:00:41 PM +0000 »

Just as Max said, "it decided I hadn't finished the lap so put me a lap back in the positions".

so do i:)
Around 30th lap i missed braking point after 2nd long straight and went all over the stadium section. Didnt know what i was supposed to do so i made another lap and then - drive-through for myself because that cut wasnt fair.
But then i found myself 1 lap behind everyone.
What a mess...

Anyway 1st half was rly nice. It was great fight FMG!

I haven't had a chance to check Stefans weird trip yet - when I do I'll try and work out what happened to you and re-instate your lap too if you penalised yourself fairly.
I'm pretty sure a drive through will take longer than than the bit you cut, providing you were in the same position after the pit stop then I can't ask any more of you (If you'd known who you were behind/near when short-cutting the track but waited and rejoined in roughly the same position you could also have done so and reported yourself/PM'd me.

I guess reporting yourself is only an option when the results have been posted, due to having to check/sort Stefan that hasn't happened yet.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2022, 08:17:45 AM +0000 »

I've reviewed both instances now and will be re-instating both laps when the results are uploaded.

VVA - watching the replay I think you actually redressed your entire gains just from how slowly you went up the pit straight while letting the 908's back through.
If anything I owe you time from your drive through Grin (I have to edit the results manually though, for every lap afterwards, which is a right PITA so you're loosing that time I'm afraid Tongue )

Stefan - due to the issues of manually editing times (as mentioned above), I'll simply be re-instating you on the lead lap as that means less editing and calculator work. This means you steal Lorenzos' win and my 2nd (boo!), but loose any potential gains you might have otherwise had (I think you may have even lapped the entire field by race end without the glitch, given your pace and consistency, but you'll have to settle for what-ever massive margin the results end up showing instead).

I won't be attacking the JSON file till later this evening, If anyone has a serious objection please raise it now Smiley

And finally - Sorry Lorenzo and all of the displaced ninja
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2022, 11:21:21 AM +0000 »

but when they went off in the stadium section did they rejoin by cutting some of the corners out? In iR you get punished with a 40 second penalty if you do that. Dont know if AC implements similar? ie the lost lap.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 28, 2022, 12:13:39 PM +0000 »

The lost lap is because there's a lap segment (sector 3) further into the stadium that was missed, AC's not very bright and simply won't count the lap as complete till you've passed through it and then carried on to the S/F line.
VVA will most likely have a 5+ minute lap from when he cut through, his slowing to wait for the Porsches he jumped and then doing a drive through is probably more than IR's penalty by the sound of it Cheesy
It's the exact same reason that Max lost a lap, in Max's case he was just very wide though and managed to rejoin a little further down the track - the same (AC) bug got him too even though as he mentions, he LOST time while collecting himself.

As I understand it IR is heavily software based to moderate, leaving you in the hands of very logical but dim computers.
in AC we have to do the legwork ourselves, so as if in real life a driver did that but re-dressed, he would likely be let off with little more than a warning (and probably a drive through too in some series).
With that in mind I see no reason not to put VVA's lap back in Smiley

When the results go up I'll submit them both as incidents so we get write ups with timings etc as would normally be the case.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2022, 12:30:58 PM +0000 »

Same thing happened to me last time we raced here in the F67s. I ran slightly deep going into the stadium and although I lost time and made sure I rejoined without gain, I still lost a lap. See halfway down page.....

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=25852#event14532

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2022, 01:32:29 PM +0000 »

The lost lap is because there's a lap segment (sector 3) further into the stadium that was missed, AC's not very bright and simply won't count the lap as complete till you've passed through it and then carried on to the S/F line.

It's the exact same reason that Max lost a lap, in Max's case he was just very wide though and managed to rejoin a little further down the track - the same (AC) bug got him too even though as he mentions, he LOST time while collecting himself.

Yeh, just bad design on the track there, that timing sector line needs moving back to before the turn into the stadium moving up closer to the "vettel" hairpin and to cover the whole width of track / track boundary and then this can't happen.  My mistake was my mistake though, I was day dreaming watching the lapped car I was catching and overshot my braking point so badly I didn't have much choice about running so wide.  I recovered in a fair manner but just got caught out by the sector line...

IF I'd known you would bother to watch the whole replay and then manually edit the json file I would have continued, but I know thats a pita to do so didn't even consider it.  Now onto the next race  Smiley

I will try to remember to email Sergio about it and ask if it can be fixed, because its a good track apart from that...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 02:02:25 PM +0000 by Max . » Logged
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2022, 01:47:47 PM +0000 »

I'd need a rough idea of where to look p there's no way I'd watch everyone in full.
When I need to check fr something I tend to just create a camera in the spot I'm watching and leave in on fast forward around the time I'm told.

GT: I think you weren't edited back up a lap as - like you said - you were still in the correct position regardless, the json bit is a real pita so I won't do it if I don't need to!

Luckily it's not often that we need to do something like this though.
vva_avv

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2022, 06:49:49 PM +0000 »

FMG, thx a lot.
I will accept any decision of respectable Marshal(s) without a word.
Of course im ready to lose all time from drive through (it was my decision after my own mistake).
Assuming 3 spins in race and cut 5 corners at once  (as in my case) is not the way to win and not even a podium level, i dont mind leaving things as they are, if some manual calculations needed.
No exceptional PITA is 1st priority.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 06:51:58 PM +0000 by vva_avv » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com