The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 07:42:07 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18PROTO Monza: February 23, 2022
February 23, 2022, 11:01:13 AM +0000 - Monza (GP 1955-71) - UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche 917K {unknown} 2 +1.034
---
1 1:32:13.543
---
61 1:26.600
---
Goodyear  
vva_avv

Porsche 917K {unknown} 1 1:26.402
---
2 +1L
---
60 1:26.323
---
Goodyear  
Max .
 Veloce Corse
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 3 +7.910
---
3 +3L
---
58 1:34.329
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket

Porsche 908LH {unknown} 9 +10.155
---
4 +4L
---
57 1:35.398
---
Dunlop  
L4de

Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 5 +8.899
---
5 +36.353
---
57 1:35.001
---
Firestone  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 7 +9.341
---
6 +43.822
---
57 1:35.669
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Ferrari 330/P4 {unknown} 4 +8.275
---
7 +1:27.083
---
57 1:34.607
---
Firestone  
KDiesel

Porsche 908LH {unknown} 8 +9.975
---
8 +24L
---
37 1:35.741
---
Dunlop  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Ford GT40 Mk.1 {unknown} 6 +8.936
---
9 +37L
---
24 1:36.093
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Porsche 908LH {unknown} DNS ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:26.402
---
vva_avv
Qualifying
Porsche 917KFebruary 23, 2022, 11:01:13 AM +0000
A18PROTO
Assetto Corsa
{unknown}
1:26.323
---
vva_avv
Race
Porsche 917KFebruary 23, 2022, 11:01:13 AM +0000
A18PROTO
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Prototype Potluck - The 350Kms of Monza - Feb 23  (Read 1017 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2022, 10:00:16 AM +0000 »

Was hoping a few more might have saved the 917 for this and was a bit worried that I'd have a lonely race as I didn't think I'd have the pace to keep up with vva_avv (Alex?).

Had a decent start and kept away from the slower cars so was able to hold position and put pressure on Alex in the opening couple of laps until he made a small error which let me through. Had a tense battle for another 20 minutes or so until I ran slightly deep into Parabolica letting him through.....not sure why that happened as I don't remember doing anything different  Undecided

I must have been carrying a bit more fuel as I was able to stay out for a couple more laps in the first stint which gave me back the lead. Both stops went perfectly and I had a comfortable gap by the 2nd stop and was able to manage that to the end of the race.

Thanks Alex for some great racing and congrats to Tim, Max and Syd on the champ pody.  

Thanks for putting this together Tim, great organisation behind the scenes....appreciate the time you've put into this. I really enjoyed the series and although I struggled with a couple of the cars, I like the concept as it opens up the car choices for us and mixes things up on the grid. Would be great to have something similar format next time  thumbup2

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
vva_avv

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2022, 12:54:38 PM +0000 »

1st of all - Thx  goldtop for good racing! My crash was my own fault - i left my rear right on grass while overtaking you, you were absolutely correct mate.
2nd - actually my race was ruined from that moment. I managed to hold the tempo after crash but let another one happen - and latter left no chances to drive fast, suspension damage. So i went to pits but forgot to tell em to repair)) Bingo - and another pit-stop next lap without any chance to fight.
3rd - stopped due to empty tank on last lap.
Shame for the race but this series was awesome!

p.s. - oh yes, and my name is not Alex, m8, and i prefer to stay vva:) anyway thx again for great racing!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2022, 01:17:59 PM +0000 »

those 917's looked and sounded mega each time they passed  Cool

how do you tell the garage to repair damage during the race? Does it have to be preset before the race? ie a tickbox.
I couldnt even see the pitlane entrance (thanks to the blinding white light and snow!) and ended up careening into the pits sideways after cutting across some white grass  Roll Eyes what a mess  Tongue

Apart from the 917's it was probably the first track that all 3 other car types were similar on laptime so could have been a corker. But thats also what compounded my misery once i lost that 20+ secs on the first laps. I did close Stefan and Kimi down to 13 secs at one point but after my big off it returned to 20+ and with a damaged car i just couldnt set any more fast race laps.  Cry

I see 15 cars entered the series yet never seemed more than 9 cars at most rounds.  Huh Surprised this line up of cars didnt entice guys from SRO to join in.  Undecided

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2022, 02:04:54 PM +0000 »

1st of all - Thx  goldtop for good racing! My crash was my own fault - i left my rear right on grass while overtaking you, you were absolutely correct mate.
2nd - actually my race was ruined from that moment. I managed to hold the tempo after crash but let another one happen - and latter left no chances to drive fast, suspension damage. So i went to pits but forgot to tell em to repair)) Bingo - and another pit-stop next lap without any chance to fight.
3rd - stopped due to empty tank on last lap.
Shame for the race but this series was awesome!

p.s. - oh yes, and my name is not Alex, m8, and i prefer to stay vva:) anyway thx again for great racing!

Ah I wondered what had happened. Saw you hit the armco at Lesmo and thought you might have been caught out by my line into the corner and my early braking, didn't realise you were going for the overtake. Better luck next time buddy  thumbup1

MJ, when you enter the pits a selection screen pops up and you can choose whether or not to repair damage my moving your keyboard left/right/up/down arrows and hitting enter......I think. Or at least that's what I remember from the Le Mans race.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2022, 02:12:09 PM +0000 »

MJ, when you enter the pits a selection screen pops up and you can choose whether or not to repair damage my moving your keyboard left/right/up/down arrows and hitting enter...

Yep, and also works with mouse  Smiley
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2022, 02:36:16 PM +0000 »

In my case I have a joystick on my wheel mapped to up/down left/right for selections in the pitstop.

I fell behind Jari at the start, and we had a back and forth for 3-4 laps before I managed to stay ahead. I ran 3rd and slowly built a 10 second lead over Max, and around 20 seconds over Tim (Jari was somewhere between them). But I could also see that I would need two stops, as 917s weren't lapping us quickly enough. Plus Ferrari stops for full fuel tank take around 60 seconds  of just sitting in the pits.
After that stop I came back in 7th. At some point I caught Kimi in Porsche 908, but my car seemed to be slower on the straights. So I knew I would have to push to overtake in turns, and after I got a good run out of Curva Grande we went side by side through Lesmos 1 and Lesmos 2. Unfortunately we made contact on the exit of Lesmos 2 and I went into a spin loosing 13 seconds and any chance of fighting Tim for 4th (Max was too close in pace, and GT40 would need only one stop, so 3rd was not realistic). After that error I pushed a little too much, and a little later I went wide at Parablica and into sand losing another 3 seconds. I eventually caught and passed Tim, and built some lead. I think Tim made an error somewhere as I was close to 20 seconds ahead with 3 laps to go when I needed to make my second stop. I went too fast into the pits and hit the barriers on the entrance, braking my suspension. Very long time later, after all repairs, I finished 7th, last of the runners.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2022, 06:36:55 PM +0000 by Syd Drake » Logged
MaxVeloce
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2022, 02:39:56 PM +0000 »

Forgot to say, after getting mugged on the 1st lap by both ferraris (not unexpected as they just punch out of the corners so hard), I managed to pace them for a long time and idk, after maybe 20 laps I had a great little battle with Jari after he was a bit slow in ascari? and I managed to jump him coming up to the final turn - that created a couple of laps of ding dong as he tried to get the place back.  Respect sir, you pushed it hard and fought but at the same time kept it clean  thumbup1
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2022, 03:40:14 PM +0000 »

MJ, when you enter the pits a selection screen pops up and you can choose whether or not to repair damage my moving your keyboard left/right/up/down arrows and hitting enter......I think. Or at least that's what I remember from the Le Mans race.

hmm i'm not getting that. Maybe its something that i have inadvertently turned off or because i stopped using VR its disapeared somewhere visually. Undecided

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2022, 05:41:17 PM +0000 »

Well, although numbers tailed off I thought that series went well.
I'm not sure the concept would work for lots of cars at different performance levels over short races, it's also fairly hard to manage due to how AC manage the server setup but I see no reason not to do similar things in future.

Mark - the pit controls will pop up automatically while you're in any part of any track that the game specifies as pit lane. You navigate the menu (on your right when it appears) using arrow keys or the hat on your controller. I think mouse support may be a CM thing, but as using the mouse while driving in the Rift is nigh-on impossible I can't speak from any experience.
In addition it will also pop up automatically at any point when out of the pits if you press the hat or arrow keys. You can only set tire types/pressures and fuel loads in stratedgy. The various damage options have to be done during the race.
It's worth noting that once in your pit box you are considered to have made a decision so the box and any control over it go away.

I'm most likely going to have a break next week to recover - If anyone with the required knowledge/access fancies organising something next week then go ahead Smiley

There are several series ideas already knocking around from before this one, and several cars/tracks I'd like to try so expect some fun events before we kick off again!
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2022, 03:07:46 PM +0000 »

Sorry guys, had a little surgery recently and couldn't make the final rounds of the championship.

Congratulations to Tim for the win!

See you next one
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2022, 12:52:27 AM +0000 »

Hello guys !

Remember me ?  Grin
I've been so long time away from simracing so that I really want to get back soon. Just to let you know..

Still a lot of things to do before ready, but I'm on my way.

See you soon I hope !  Wink

Also known as "Solmyr"
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2022, 08:03:48 AM +0000 »

Welcome back mate

School is important, but race cars are importanter
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2022, 04:54:51 PM +0000 »

Hello guys !

Remember me ?  Grin
I've been so long time away from simracing so that I really want to get back soon. Just to let you know..

Still a lot of things to do before ready, but I'm on my way.

See you soon I hope !  Wink

Sourced a new motherboard then?  Smiley
Will be good to have you back.
IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2022, 09:43:28 PM +0000 »

Yeap I went for a brand new system in the end, as I changed the case, MB, CPU+ventirad, RAM, and even a new super-fast SSD.  angel

Also known as "Solmyr"
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com