The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 07:40:28 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A18130RS Grindelwald: April 27, 2022
April 27, 2022, 01:52:51 PM +0100 - Grindelwald - UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
FullMetalGasket

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 1 1:34.945
---
1 44:58.736
---
28 1:34.804
---
Goodyear  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 2 +0.042
---
2 +36.428
---
28 1:34.763
---
Goodyear  
Jos Ogos
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 6 +1.404
---
3 +38.589
---
28 1:36.467
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 10 +2.048
---
4 +55.528
---
28 1:36.496
---
Goodyear  
Fabri Fibra
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 4 +1.003
---
5 +56.382
---
28 1:36.786
---
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 3 +0.525
---
6 +1:29.291
---
28 1:36.234
---
Goodyear  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 8 +1.872
---
7 +2L
---
26 1:37.038
---
Goodyear  
KDiesel

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 7 +1.582
---
8 +16L
---
12 1:36.438
---
Goodyear  
IbnSolmyr
 Crank of Brothers
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 5 +1.286
---
9 +20L
---
8 1:35.931
---
Goodyear  
L4de

Škoda 130RS {unknown} 9 +2.044
---
10 +36.477
---
8 1:38.156
---
Goodyear  
Barone
 Magnesium Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} 11 +4.109
---
11 +49.897
---
8 1:38.744
---
Goodyear  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
Škoda 130RS {unknown} DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Škoda 130RS {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Christian Dauger
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Škoda 130RS {unknown} ---
---
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 18 Skoda 130RS Trophy - Round 3 - Grindelwald - Apr 27  (Read 877 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2022, 02:52:56 PM +0100 »

get well soon Bob  Smiley

Despite never having done a lap here before i managed to gradually improve my laptimes through each session and got steadily competitive. Big thanks to Fabri and Tim for the late gear info sharing as i had already tried about 4 or 5 ratio/final drive combos!

Despite qualifying 9th or 10th, i made up 2 or 3 places on the opening lap and enjoyed a good long battle with Jos, Kimi and Fabri for ages and each in turn. Then we caught Geoff and had a proper little train racing along. Eventually it shook out and i was upto 4th  Shocked This lasted quite a while until i daydreamed into the downhill section, tried to correct and slid offline with a glancing blow off the armo  Roll Eyes allowing 2 cars back past ...d'oh.  After a great long chase with Fabri i finally got back past and set off after Geoff with Fabri on my tail. Geoff then unfortunately lost it downhill and i was back upto to my hard earned 4th, where i finished.
Good race, good fun  Cool

IbnSolmyr

The fastest guy ever to find a way to be slow.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2022, 03:30:31 PM +0100 »

Shame that some of the others seem to give up after crashing, maybe I could have still had someone to fight with otherwise.

I never managed to get my car repaired in the pits since years, have no idea why. If someone can explain that to me, I'd be grateful. Wink

On a side note, it would be even more worthy for this series as the car seems to be very "contact sensitive" to me. If you observe each of those which happened so far, you'll see that the car is like rock solid without any energy dissipation.

Also known as "Solmyr"
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2022, 03:36:24 PM +0100 »

[...]I ruined a potentially good battle with Sol.

No problem Geoffers, was just bad luck and we all knew this kind of things would happen sometime to somebody.  Wink When I saw your car bouncing in that left esse, I tried to immediately remember my best flipper moments, bouncing right now, what could I do, eeeek, boom, no extra ball.  Cry  Grin
Indeed this battle was very promising, it was tough to close this few meters gap between us.

Congrats to all finishers and especially to podium !
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 03:38:41 PM +0100 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2022, 04:53:42 PM +0100 »

When you enter the pits a screen should pop up. It looks like this:

Next depends what you use as a controller.
On keyboard, you can use arrows to move up or down, and left or right on the selected row.
For example I went down until Body then right to select yes for body repair. I actually used it on all three options(body, suspension,engine) both times.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2022, 05:34:12 PM +0100 »

I never managed to get my car repaired in the pits since years, have no idea why. If someone can explain that to me, I'd be grateful. Wink

If you run CM you might have been able to turn the pit option screen off - I think that's an option for some stupid reason.
It's also worth noting that the default is for NO repairs - you have to tell the crew to repair your car.

If all else fails escape back to pits from your bay and rejoin - the game will give you a penalty that will generally be roughly the same as your damage was was online.
IbnSolmyr

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2022, 06:50:27 PM +0100 »

If you run CM you might have been able to turn the pit option screen off - I think that's an option for some stupid reason.
It's also worth noting that the default is for NO repairs - you have to tell the crew to repair your car.

If all else fails escape back to pits from your bay and rejoin - the game will give you a penalty that will generally be roughly the same as your damage was was online.

This last option seems to be to the most practicable for me, or I would need to park in the pitlane to take the time to send a mail to my crew..  Cheesy

I love AC of course, no need to say, but, dammit, it's soooo "weirdly" designed on some particular aspects to stay polite.. Smiley
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 06:51:59 PM +0100 by IbnSolmyr » Logged

Also known as "Solmyr"
Jos Ogos

JOsimracing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2022, 07:47:48 PM +0100 »

Much fun in yesterday's race. Without much practice and little knowledge of the track, I had no expectation to battle for position in this one. Qualy proved this with a 6th place that still felt good as it could have been worse.
The start wasn't good and to avoid contact with the cars ahead on the right side of the track, I had to lift a couple of times at crucial moments that lost me momentum and the chances to fight for a podium in the early stages of the races if, and this was a big if, I managed to raise my level with the adrenaline of the direct fighting (that always help).
Fabri's late decision to change the gear ratio had a big effect on his pace (it was a brave decision, eventually wrong) and we lost contact with Maxime in front. I managed to overtake Fabri soon and went after Kimi for a P5 battle. Before that, I have to apologise to Mark J for a light touch we had on the straight (entirely my fault) that, thank goodness, didn't impact much our races.
The battle with Kimi was great. I managed to use the apparent performance enhancement effect of running behind another car and overtook him after a few laps of intense racing. He kept coming back, and so did Mark J, for a few laps, but I was very lucky with the unfortunate events affecting others (amongst them my teammate Maxime - sorry about that - ). The first incident involving Geoff and Maxime didn't have a negative effect on my at all. On the contrary, it helped to increase the distance with Kimi and Mark enough to reduce the danger from them. Later on, I had a close one after Syd's crashed in the downhill but it seemed to have been much worst for Kimi behind so it did benefit me again.
the aftermath of Geoff crash meant I was battling for P3 and, with Geoff's pace heavily affected, I could overtake him and keep good chances for a podium... Then Lorenzo pitted... I was by then a bit on my slowed down mode but give it a go to see if I could keep the unexpected P2 I had found myself in. Lorenzo's pace was too much though and, eventually, I finished in P3 (much better than what I would have expected at the beginning of the day...). The battle with Lorenzo was interesting. Having caught up from the 15 secs gap after his pitting, his pace was way much faster than mine so I wasn't planning to battle for position and left him the right part of the track for overtaking on the straight when he caught me 3 laps before the end of the race. Funny enough, that strategy and me keeping the pace made it more difficult for Lorenzo to overtake. I surprisingly kept the position for two more laps... This didn't work in the last lap though. Lorenzo went for it with more determination and just managed to get the car in front of mine at the critical part of the corner. Not sure what would have happened if I had fought more aggressively for position but it felt ridiculous to do so with such a difference of pace in the race. His pace was definitively a P2 pace and P3 was already too good for what I have managed to put together on the day.
All in all, a much better result than expected and a very fun race.
Congrats to Tim and Lorenzo for their podiums and well done to everyone for navigating through such a great but difficult track.

Video of the race as usual: https://youtu.be/uTkkg-PC5_0

Enjoy!

Jos

Check out my YouTube channel: JO Simracing
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2022, 08:30:47 AM +0100 »

Certainly an interesting race!
Don't let the timing sheet fool you - that was much closer than the numbers suggest, I backed off hugely in the last 4 laps to nurse my right rear home as the wear bar had gone red with about 8 laps still to go!
For the entire final lap I was just waiting for the tire to fail at a critical point as the wear bar had actually run out and vanished completely (I was at least 4 seconds a lap slower by this point) - 1 lap more, maybe 2 and I would have been lucky to manage top 5 even.....

Good work Lorenzo on his pace for this one, he kept me on my toes for most of the race as a result - I think he has taken the outright lap record by some daft small margin of about 0.04 of a second Cool

It's certainly proving interesting how much these cars seem to benefit from following a car ahead - it's been an evident characteristic in all 3 races so far from my own battles and also from watching the replays.
I'm still undecided if the advantage is simply aero draft, or if being able to watch the braking and lines of the car ahead helps people to concentrate more on not getting sideways themselves - as these are so underpowered that any amount of 'real' opposite lock will really impact pace.
I've found several fast corners so far where I have been faster at 95% throttle and a small drift than at 100% with even a tiny bit more lock....

Next race may help clear up that mystery as Ahvenisto is certainly not a high-speed venue! It should provide a lot of overtaking opportunities though due to all the direction changes Wink
Fabri Fibra

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2022, 02:08:25 PM +0100 »

It was a very interesting race even on the half-grid. I had a great fight with Mark and the guys ahead.
I'm not sure if my gears setup was correct because on the straight I seemed a bit slower than the others. Mark, what gearbox did you use for the race?

Not on the podium, but a good race in terms of fun.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com