Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 07:36:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 18 - Mid Season Review  (Read 5541 times)
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 12:24:59 PM +0000 »

I have no questions regarding moderating, but the only question mark is the appeals process. It's not brilliantly clear.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 05:28:57 PM +0000 »

Graduates - The Privateers has been run under PRO rules this season to make it consistent with the Works race.  This was to ensure there would be no disadvantage either way if we ran a joint grid (which we haven't had to do so far this season) rather than separate races.  Assuming the take-up in the Graduates next season is as good as this one, then it will probably be feasible to run 2 separate Divisions.  If so would the Privateers prefer to run under Intermediate damage?

well we only ran one grid last night so that point is now moot , however what if there was a intermediate damage race the week before the proper graduates race so the privateers could get some practice in and the fastest of those pre qualify for the main race to fill up the main grid ?

john

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 10:45:31 PM +0000 »

well we only ran one grid last night so that point is now moot , however what if there was a intermediate damage race the week before the proper graduates race so the privateers could get some practice in and the fastest of those pre qualify for the main race to fill up the main grid ?

I didn't run at Adelaide as I simply couldn't keep the 67 car on the track. (Probably be the same story on Tuesday in the 65's). I'm guessing I wasn't the only one & if attendance is up for Silverstone & Monza this will prove the point. If there is an intermediate 67 race on another day I'd be interested but exactly week earlier would clash with my Sunday Drivers series - so that would have to be a no. If there is a suitable slot then this sounds like a good idea.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 12:59:50 AM +0000 »

I have no questions regarding moderating, but the only question mark is the appeals process. It's not brilliantly clear.
It's here https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/league
Appeals against a decision made by the division moderator can be made to the chief moderator who will appraise the incident and give a final verdict in association with the other division moderators. (If the moderator of the penalised driver's division is also the chief moderator, the highest available division moderator will be given the ultimate decision).
I recall there was a discussion about this last season along the lines of most controversial decisions have been run past the Chief Mod prior to posting anyway. There was talk of a Star Chamber but, personally, I can't see that working. I'd just grin and bear it although I don't see any reason why an aggrieved driver shouldn't see how the decision was reached...
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2009, 02:38:59 PM +0000 »

Sorry missed this thread, and have been a little AWOL from GPL for a while, must get better Smiley

First of all the mods have been 100%, really first class.

As for the classes, I only run 65 Novice and 69 this season and the reason is time, I simply don't have much time to pratice much. I would love to run in more classes and may do next year. Both the Novice 65 and the 69 run well, and I have nothing to add to make them any better. I like the timing of the 69 race better, as it starts at 8pm, which is a little bit better for me. As for race dstances, I'm hppy with the current 65 Novice length, I tend to spend a lot of my time by myself in the races, and more laps and it would become a little tire some.

I quite like Pro rules, as it makes me think much more about how I drive the car and take care of it more. I tend to make quite a lot of mistakes, and when running under Pro rules I tend to make much less mistakes.

I'm not fast enough to make any call on what chassis 's people use, as I'd still be at the back no matter what. I'm happy to race with anything, so I'd go with what everyone else wants. I'd much perfer 3 classes in the 65 races, as even at the Novices level being at the back, and being lapped is not much fun.

Like most people, I'd be happy to give some money to rent a full time server, but would 1 be enough?

I'd like to take part in Bill's Spec race, as they seem like fun, I'd like it to become a championship, as I'd like to track progress. The only problem for me is that Sunday isn't a good day for me, but I'm sure that I can race a few a season.

Last thing from me is the different tracks we've been using this season. I've found it very hard to learn some of the tracks, and as a result I've choosen not to race some of them. I understand that some of the longer time drivers want new tracks, rather than the same old tracks again and again but this season I think that there has been too many long new tracks for newbies to learn.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
maestro57

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 12:50:32 PM +0000 »

better late than never  Grin

I enjoy racing when there is another car close by either in front or behind when I am catching someone or they are catching me. So my comments are based on achieving this

Divisions
65 Novs
Excellent.
This is the entry class/ability. Keep it simple. Open chassis, shift-R, shortish races and fully moderated.
If and when the grid starts becoming overfilled, then the best driver(s) should get bumped up mid season to Ams to make room
The top 5 drivers at end of season should be invited (made) to go up plus any others that want to go up through choice
If a non Novice wants to race this division and space is available, then they should be able to but have to take the slowest chassis for that circuit

65 Ams
No comment don’t race here (yet)

Graduates – (67s)
Make the privateers an entry class like the 65’s, Keep it simple. Open chassis, shift-R, shortish races. (max Int-Long)
I struggle in 67s and am put off trying as I crash and burn and can’t use shift-R.

Gold Cup, 66’s Interleagues
No comment don’t race here

Spec Races
Excellent
Don’t make a championship, it’s for fun!
Suggest reduce practice time (15min 1st race, 10min 2nd race) so it doesn’t take so long to do both races.

Servers – I would pay towards a dedicated server. £10 a year is cheap and excellent value.
How many races could be held on a dedicated server at the same time?

Moderating and Appeals
The moderators do an excellent job and are always right  Grin
This is for fun and is a hobby. There are no financial rewards. What the moderators decide should be final.

Rules Changes
We have rules?
For the lower levels/abilities/classes,
Change from Int Long to two Int short races. This will mean less time trolling around on your own as the field spreads out
Post easy to drive setups for each car for each circuit so newbies have an easy way of getting a driveable chassis to join in and have fun with

"You win some, lose some, and wreck some."
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 06:48:47 PM +0000 »

I would cheerfully subscribe to a decent server , but have no idea of the costs involved  Roll Eyes

I would say£10 p.a. is a pittance for the time and enjoyment we get from this club , though I expect some would disagree with having to pay the price of a couple of beers for racing  Wink

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com