Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 07:57:16 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: THE JOE SHAW MEMORIAL TROPHY 2022  (Read 1120 times)
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2022, 02:53:46 PM +0100 »

Great to be back at UKGPL.  Smiley

At Monza had Pole and held on to the lead. Pitted twice after my main rivals, and was able to win the race without any threats basically. At Aznom Tris seemed to have a better car, and passed me easily on the main straight on Lap 1/2. Tried to hang on, but wasn't able to. Then pitted, but went of at Para, but held on to P2. Race was rather uneventful after that, and P2 would always be the max with the Lola. Tris had too much pace in the Chap and was a deserved winner.

Not sure if I can make race 3, as I have other simracing obligations, that was planned already before joining the JSMT 2022. I can join race 4 for sure.

I don't have much SC mod knowledge, just used default setups with camber for track; other steering ratio and brakebias, and a 30/85/2 diff for driving style and hardware).

Thanks all for racing, and Clive for org! It's very neat Joe's remembrance is kept alive here each year! Smiley
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 03:38:24 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2022, 09:08:34 PM +0100 »

Not sure if I can make race 3, as I have other simracing obligations, that was planned already before joining the JSMT 2022. I can join race 4 for sure

Sorry guys, I'm simply too tired. Been a long day and had an exhausting race. Best of luck to you! Smiley

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 26, 2022, 09:35:52 PM +0100 »

Doni, thought I had left room on the left. Clearly I drifted a bit.
Decided not to take part in race #2.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2022, 10:37:45 PM +0100 »

Sorry Billy for my bumps, hard to overtake with same car....

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
PaulV

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 26, 2022, 10:40:10 PM +0100 »

Great evenings racing. thanks guys.

cheers Clive for organising.
Pete Bennett
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2022, 07:10:59 AM +0100 »

I was really tired yesterday and finding it hard to concentrate. In race 1 I outbraked myself on L1 at the end of the long straight. Only the mighty grunt of the the Chap 2F made a glimpse of the podium possible. The win was Doni's but he had a coming together on the very last lap handing the top spot to me. Bad luck, Doni.

Race 2 - loads of mistakes due to tiredness. I managed to get back to P2 with a few laps to go and then Doni made hay from my last mistake of the evening as he was able to claim a well deserved P2. As ever, Tris was miles ahead and unbeatable. Great drive.

This has been a fun mini-series so a huge thank you to Clive for organising.

TeamTobo
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2022, 01:18:55 PM +0100 »

Great to run these last two events in the Joe Shaw Memorial.  Thanks to all who participated and to Evil Clive for organizing.

Mosport
-------
Being born & raised just a few miles down the road in Bowmanville, Mosport is my home track.  I've attended literally hundreds of races there over the years.  Of course, a good showing for the local fans is always a plus.

Grabbed the lead by T1 and managed to hold off Andreas over the opening laps.  He made an early stop to give me an artificial lead over Axel.  I knew that I had to keep pushing as after the everyone had made their stops, it would still be a close thing.  Got my first stop in the bag around half distance and saw that my lead over Andreas was about as it was earlier so it was still touch and go.  I made a late stop only to find that Pete was now the contender after a scintillating climb back up the field but with only a handful of laps to run, it looked pretty solid for the win.  Then, Lap26 and barely a kilometer to run...

Leader of the race starts lap 26

37m14.560s
 DoniGTX - spotters reporting:
medium problems with right front tire.
minor problems with right front suspension.
minor problems with right rear suspension.

37m22.560s
Billy Tintop - spotters reporting:
minor problems with left front tire.
medium problems with left front suspension.

Billy crowded me to the left at the top of the back straight and I sideswiped him as I went by.  Spin city and even a rollover.  Sigh...  Luckily managed to recover to just make the line ahead of Andreas for P2.  A bitter disappointment.

Don't sweat it, Billy.  Passes on this circuit are notoriously difficult to orchestrate from either side.

Tropsom
-------
I really enjoyed the run in the Alfa on the reverse Mosport but goodness me, it's difficult to manage the Moss Hairpin complex with an approach at top speed.  I was well placed early on chasing Axel in his Alfa til a small gaffe by him in Moss' let me by for place.  I didn't even see where he went off.  It was out of my field of view.  One moment he was there; the next, he was gone.  Only in scoping the replay cap later did I see what became of him.  After getting my stops accomplished, I hooked up with Andreas and we had a good old spar for a number of laps.  Andreas and I have a history of this over the years and they've always proved most entertaining.  Uhhh, that is until Lap21 when Andreas slid wide at the top of the hill in T2 and clouted the barriers.  I was directly behind and couldn't avoid.  WAMO!  My Alfa went for a wild ride and inverted.  Typically, I'm loathe to reset but in this case, decided to do so.  The shunt cost a bunch of time and Andreas still lead but soon pitted to get his last stop out of the way and now I had Pete large in my mirrors.  Sigh...  Pete blasted by on the back straight and I did my best to hang on.  It wasn't looking too hopeful but a P3 placing was not be sneezed at.  What's this?  Pete has slid off the road in T3 with only just a lap to run and handed me P2.  WOOHOO!  There is justice after all.  Held the place to the flag with Bot well up the road for the win.

Back in the mid-1960's, Mosport staged hillclimb runs on the circuit proper over the Thanksgiving Weekend Races with the startline just a few metres beyond the final element of Moss Hairpin and running in the reverse direction as per our race here.  Competitors tripped a timing device to commence their solo run and raced up to the pit straight where a time would be registered.  All manner of cars took part including a dirt-track midget and fully race-prepared 1957 Chevy.  I have photos of each but don't know how to post them here.  Too bad.

Not to be forgotten in all this is our fallen comrade.  RIP, Joe.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2022, 01:21:22 PM +0100 by Doni Yourth » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2022, 09:00:19 PM +0100 »

Thanks to all who took part in this series. I  hope that you enjoyed something a little different.

It might take me a few days to collate all the times and results, plus checking for misdemeanours etc. I have 4 races to go through  scared

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2022, 10:57:06 PM +0100 »

Clive there is the tool of Olaf Lehmann to detect shift+R and stop and goes in a replay Wink

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=13324

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 28, 2022, 08:29:24 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the link Axel, that will be a great help. I will report back on how it works.

Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2022, 07:32:38 PM +0100 »

First of all I must thank Axel for stepping in with his server for these races and thanks to my old friend Andy Livingston for checking the replays. Thankyou guys.

This years JSMT was a little different but i hope that the format kept things interesting over the 4 race series.

A simple result for the eventual winner as Axel was the only one to complete 100 laps, although he had a wild ride at Tropsom and was lucky to only require one reset.

Everybody complied with the 2 S'n'G for the Pros and took the correct cars, but Andreas and Tris reset twice at Monza.

Only Axel, Fulvio, Doni, Andreas, Pete (4 laps at Aznom) and myself (not many laps) competed at all four tracks.
Discounting Andreas having 2 resets at Monza, he would have done 98 laps.
Fulvio and Doni both did 99 laps.

So there were only three drivers in the picture, none of whom actually won any of the races.

The final podium places are

100 laps Axel
99 laps Fulvio in 148m 23.391s
99 laps Doni in 148m 31.000s

Thanks to all who participated.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pete Bennett
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2022, 07:37:31 PM +0100 »

Clive,

Thanks for the Monster moderation on this series. No mean task. Thus was an awesome event so thanks v much.

TeamTobo
PaulV

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2022, 07:41:58 PM +0100 »

Only managed to make 2 races, but both good fun.

Thanks Clive & Axel for all your time given to sort this.

I'm sure Joe enjoyed it too. !
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2022, 07:58:31 PM +0100 »

Clive,

Thanks for the Monster moderation on this series. No mean task. Thus was an awesome event so thanks v much.

Like I said..................the checking and moderation are really down to Andy who went through the replay files and collated all of the laps/infringements etc. he gave me a comprehensive report that I simply had to present on the forum.

Rank   Only when I sweat
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2022, 11:27:50 PM +0100 »

First of all I must thank Axel for stepping in with his server for these races and thanks to my old friend Andy Livingston for checking the replays. Thankyou guys.

This years JSMT was a little different but i hope that the format kept things interesting over the 4 race series.

A simple result for the eventual winner as Axel was the only one to complete 100 laps, although he had a wild ride at Tropsom and was lucky to only require one reset.

Everybody complied with the 2 S'n'G for the Pros and took the correct cars, but Andreas and Tris reset twice at Monza.

Only Axel, Fulvio, Doni, Andreas, Pete (4 laps at Aznom) and myself (not many laps) competed at all four tracks.
Discounting Andreas having 2 resets at Monza, he would have done 98 laps.
Fulvio and Doni both did 99 laps.

So there were only three drivers in the picture, none of whom actually won any of the races.

The final podium places are

100 laps Axel
99 laps Fulvio in 148m 23.391s
99 laps Doni in 148m 31.000s

Thanks to all who participated.

Grats podium  Grin and thx Clive for organizing!

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com