Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 02:49:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 22 - taster  (Read 5536 times)
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« on: September 14, 2011, 12:53:07 AM +0100 »

As Season 21 draws to an end (not forgetting the final Specs race) it might be a good idea to whet your appetites as to what we are planning for the next one, scheduled to start around 30 October;

Firstly, on a sad note, both Mike (Miner) and Tim (FMG) have decided to step down from their moderating duties. I would like to thank them for making such a big contribution to the smooth running of UKGPL. On the plus side they will still be driving with us.

OK onto news of some changes;

Season calendar - will run per the vote

Lap one moderation - this will be reduced to a 'red zone' as advised by the Divisional Moderator before each race. For a very short circuit that could be the whole lap.

Rule Confusion
Feedback was it can be confusing as to what applies to each race, even I have been caught out. Hence we have broken things up into three broad categories;

PRO DIVISIONS (67 Works, 65 Pros, 66 Historics, GTs, Porsches)
No SHIFT-R allowed anyway
All classified score (bar 66 Historics which will be 50%)
Reported incidents modded
Full moderation of lap one red zone
The Gt's may drop to INT.

INT DIVISIONS (67 Privateers, 65 Ams)
1 SHIFT-R with a Stop n Go of 0 seconds
Multiple SHIFT-R = DQ
No Stop n Go = DQ
Incorrect Stop n Go = 30 seconds added
All classified score
Subject to there being a new 65 division.

NOV DIVISIONS (65 Novices, Specs)
Unlimited SHIFT-R with a Stop n Go of 0 seconds
No Stop n Go = DQ
Incorrect Stop n Go = 30 seconds added
All classified score

Rule Changes - the only thing is a tidy up for the warp wording. At the moment it only reads for rear end issues, it will be widened to include side by side with the same wording we currently have.

Server starting time - in order to reduce starting glitches and accomodate moderators available time the Divisional Moderator will have the option to start the server for anything up to an hours Qually (ie from 8.30pm). The actual races will still kick off at 9.30pm.

Other then that expect the same divisions with no alteration to race nights. The Grads will more formally split between Works and Privateers, ie separate posts and possibly separate tracks. There may also be some changes to the format of the Spec races so watch the announcements thread. As regards running a third 'intermediate' 65 division we would like to do this but it is very dependent on the numbers. We don't want to run tiny grids and, based on the most recent attendance of 22 drivers, we could be pushing it. Anyway we will see how many we get.

This is all subject to any last minute change/tweaks. Enjoy the break, whilst no formal divisions will be running Paul has 'volunteered' to co-ordinate some fun races so there will be plenty of action to feed your GPL desires.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 12:58:07 AM +0100 by vosblod » Logged
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 01:03:02 PM +0100 »

No fixed decision yet but I think its time to refresh the Spec Race format with something a little different for Season 22.
Looking a having one longer race rather than two with everyone in the same chassis.
Half the season (5 races) will be given over to the new 69X mod on Papyrus (or the better known) tracks and 5 x 1965 races at other tracks - nothing too challenging.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 01:39:01 PM +0100 »

I think this will be a good time to announce my retirement from UKGPL, though I'm not saying it is going to be permanent. I'm looking forward to racing the F2 mod when it comes out and I may participate in some races when we begin to use the 69x because I really liked that in the few races I've done in AusGPL, but I'm definitely not going to take part in next season's main divisions. As for after that, only future will tell.

It's been a great pleasure to race all these years in such a high quality league and against some great people, so thanks all who were involved one way or another. Now that I have finally won the Pro (former Amateurs) division after 4 seasons of trying unsuccessfully and with the Lineage II (MMORPG) server that I'm opening tomorrow and will be very busy with, it's time to give others the chance to show what they're capable of.

I'll still be hanging around for advice and rants ( Grin ), so this is not a goodbye. Spec division is yet to be decided, so that's one last race before I stop.

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 02:21:13 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear that Hristo. I've been trying to work out how not to get lapped so often in the Specs - I think you might have solved that one for me.
Fell free to participate in the 69X Spec Races next season - a whole new set of lap records to be claimed. Whilst my provisional plan was to do a mix of 69X & 65 races there is a possibility of running some F2 events as & when the Mod is released.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Samb

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:17 PM +0100 »

Farewell H, it's a shame to see you go. Now we've all got to find ourselves a new benchmark  Grin.

Hope to see you for a few races in the following season.
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:39:38 PM +0100 »

Well, looks like we have to find someone else to chase after, hare and hounds style. Been a pleasure to share tracks with you H, and all the best with the launch of your new server. Hope it is a great success for you and your Lineage II devotees.
Geoff.

ps: Will you still be appearing at OAO, or are you retiring from there as well?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 02:41:47 PM +0100 by Geoff65 » Logged

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 02:55:45 PM +0100 »

What a rubbish idea Hristo..I was looking forward to the challenge of trying to drag myself up at racing level with you (although only sporadically, theres only a limited amount of bashing my ego can tolerate  Grin Grin), and now you say you are going?!?

Couldnt it be it's only some de-gpling you need for a few weeks, I mean, is it really necessary to take part to all the champs every season Shocked??

Good luck with your new thing, but dont be an a..se and do come back.
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 03:00:39 PM +0100 »

Now that I have finally won the Pro (former Amateurs) division after 4 seasons of trying unsuccessfully and with the Lineage II (MMORPG) server that I'm opening tomorrow and will be very busy with, it's time to give others the chance to show what they're capable of.

I allways knew, that Waza drivers are from the dark side of the force, but MMORPG? Tongue

Don't worry guys I have a cure for Hristo: http://www.southparkstudios.com/full-episodes/s10e08-make-love-not-warcraft Wink Ok it's for WoW victims, but let's be honest all MMORPG games are pretty much the same Wink
You simply create character and kill little monsters, so you could advance into higher levels and kill bigger monsters. And so until we realize that it does not make sense Cheesy

But if that cure won't work, good luck and have fun with Lineage server Wink

Ross Neilson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 03:04:53 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear you're leaving Hristo, you've contributed a lot over the last few years with advice, setups, track guides and a few rants Smiley Above all you set a standard for the rest of us to try and match, which we usually couldn't!

Best of luck with this new venture of yours, hopefully we'll see you on track soon even if it it's not as often.

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 03:17:02 PM +0100 »

Didn't want to hijack the topic, sorry Tim, but thanks all for the kind words and wishes!

ps: Will you still be appearing at OAO, or are you retiring from there as well?

Yes, I will finish the current season, then I'm stopping from that as well. Not been enjoying it much anyway, with all the bickering going on as you have probably noticed. I'm probably going to enter those casual AusGPL races on Sundays when I have the time, as they've been great fun. Might do some Breasts races as well if it's organized a little bit more into a similar casual championship, but I'm definitely not dedicating myself to a serious league in the months to come.

Couldnt it be it's only some de-gpling you need for a few weeks, I mean, is it really necessary to take part to all the champs every season Shocked??

Good luck with your new thing, but dont be an a..se and do come back.

Well, yes, I do need a break like everyone else, but it's not just that. As I said, I'm not retiring forever, but you won't see me as serious participant in Season 22, so take advantage while you can!  Grin

You simply create character and kill little monsters, so you could advance into higher levels and kill bigger monsters. And so until we realize that it does not make sense Cheesy

Lineage II is different as it focuses a lot more on community and your relationship with other players dictates a lot of your success or failure. That's what attracted me to it and I've been a big fan for the last couple of years. It was even responsible for my poor showing in one of the Seasons in 2007-2008.  Roll Eyes There is a lot of resemblance between L2 and GPL league racing, believe it or not - competitiveness, community, setups (car here and character there), forum rants  Cheesy, etc.

Anyway, get back on topic now!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 03:18:48 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 03:28:18 PM +0100 »

You will be missed H, rants and all LOL. Glad to hear you are not leaving completely, and you have left a raft of UKGPL record laptimes as a target Grin
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 08:03:05 PM +0100 »

Really, really sorry to hear that you are retiring ( for the present ) from GPL Hristo. I hope that you find time to come back and remind us just how fast we should be going occasionally.

You were racing in UKGPL and BREASTS when I first came on-line with GPL and I discovered that I was nowhere near as fast as I thought I was.  Roll Eyes Boy!! did I have a lot to learn. I can still recall the first time I ever finished a race in front of you. It was a BREASTS race at Salzburgring and we all drove Ferraris, I think you, and acouple of the other resident aliens at the time formed a red heap at T1 and continued to get in each others way for the rest of the race, allowing me to sneak a second place and claim several rather large scalps  Grin  It was a long time before I even got close to repeating that!!!

Over the years I have got to the point where I can sometimes force you to at least work for your wins, but I have never been able to match your tremendous pace in almost any chassis or mod. I claim old age as my defence, but that might be just convenient?

I think it is true for all of us, that you were the benchmark that we all knew we had to aim for ( and beat) if we wanted to compete for any of the championships in UKGPL. As  someone has already said now we will have to find a new target lol....any volunteers???  Grin

As your Hiki-Waza teammate for many seasons , recently and in the distant past it was always great fun , so many thanks for all that fun H.

I wish you all the best with your new direction Hristo and I fully expect that you will rise to the top in that as well.

Your ( now very lonely Hiki Waza teammate )
Evil

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 08:27:25 PM +0100 »

Thanks a lot, Evil, that means a lot to me, because we've had so many great races together through these years and you've always been one of the few who knows how to race hard yet respectfully, sometimes for a whole race distance! And you've always been respectful and polite outside the track as well, something which I'm much less capable of. I also have a lot of great memories from BREASTS and UKGPL that involve racing against you for position and also some nice ones about lapping you.  Grin

IMO you now have the chance to raise up your game even more (i.e. brake earlier and don't slide that much!) and take over from me in the title hunt in all divisions. I'll be following closely what's going on because I got quite used to being a daily visitor to the forum and I don't think I would be able to resist doing so, even when I'm not racing actively.

I also believe that my absence would motivate you and others to dedicate even more to GPL, knowing that you now have a realistic shot at 1st instead of 2nd place. That may sound a bit arrogant, but I could see some being demoralized on occasions, even though it was their own lack of preparation which was to blame most of the time.  Wink

Whenever I got the time and will, I'll be posting some track guides on the blog and tips/opinions here on the forum.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:51:20 PM +0100 »

You just had to go and spoil all this warm gooey stuff  by mentioning "lapping" didn't you!!!! yes

It was one of the biggest motivations I have had to go faster over the years...avoid being lapped by Hristo!!! It took me several years to get up to that speed.

Even recently, I have find myself driving my a** off if I have dropped down the field, just to deny you the opportunity to lap me. I don't care where I finished, just as long as I have NOT been lapped by Hristo!!  lol

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 08:52:23 PM +0100 »

WOW! there's no need to run off and hide just because I've had a podium finish in my last 4 races!  I promise, I'll take it easy on you.   laugh  Just messin.  All those were pretty much gifted in one way or another and I appreciate it is not likely to have you shaking in your racing boots just yet.

It's been amazing to watch how you have virtually complete mastery with all chassis and at any given track, certainly a benchmark for anyone to live up to; simply astounding as to how you commit mentally and physically to maintaining that level.  Good on you, and all the best with your new venture.  We'll see you back on track sometime to once again sit and sign as you sail past to another victory.  Stay safe and keep the shiny side up!  Smiley

__

Interesting outlook for next season.  Specs sounds very interesting with the one chassis / longer race format.  Hope I can make it to a good number of races.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com