Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 02:26:22 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: First UKGPL Fun GT Race Silverstone  (Read 6942 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2011, 11:24:48 AM +0000 »

One thing I would note is that the mirrors in the Mirage are useless, I don't know what they are like in the other cars, but I had to keep an eye on Prib to make sure I didn't block any faster cars.

One of the reasons I took the Porsche Al. It might not be fast but its the only one with a mirror with a view!

Second that. You get half a mirror in the Fezza and I need the mirrors more than most!

Terrific fun and many thanks to Clive for his hard work.

Go Blues!

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:14 PM +0000 »

Smiley Grin
That was really great fun , thx Clive for creating this nice GT-series  .

Congratulations to Fulvio , Clive and Ronnie and all taken part .

Well , blue team wasn’t dressed in red all over , as Fabio paint his Fezza green ..
Hope I can serve a more decent setup to my team mates next time . Didn’t found the time to practise serious coz I was focused to bring my PC upgrades to work first . bloody time bandit if most stuff is water cooled . Over all that I forgot that my PC wheel`s potentiometer shows some mistakes days before . So had to change over to replacement wheel …geee what kinda unprofessional  behaviour by me .lol .
However all was fine in the end and I really enjoined the race .

@ Clive : I did make an shift R at L2 last turn ( couldnt get free from stranded Porsche )
                and did made by s&g in the pits in L3 to 4

@ Clive : thx for telling me the max save rev of GT Fezza . watching the replay it turns out       my setup was too long geared ; mostly didn’t reached the red area ….that came as an surprise to me , cause I always thought I`m too high rev all the time listening to the engine sound . well I have to get used to this GT-Fezza sound .lol.

see ya at Mexico
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2011, 12:30:36 PM +0000 »

I would only push the revs on the Fezza to the red line if you really need it, I was changing  1000-500 rpm below red line for most of the race. It is usually the DOWNSHIFTS that send the revs too high Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2011, 12:46:40 PM +0000 »

Provisional  Team results for those who finished the race and scored points
Subject to checking replay for SnG's and Pitstops.

Track: Silver             Fri Jan 21 23:46:51 2011

RACE RESULTS (After 35 laps)

Pos No Driver                          Team                  Points  
 1  20 Fulvio Policardi-GT              Chap 2F  ITA      24        
 2   7  EvilGT                              Ferrari  GBR        22  
 3  18 Ronnie Peterson                 Porsche  ITA       20  
 4  24 Phil ThorntonGT                 Lola T70 GBR       18    
 5  21 Göran JonssonGT               Lola T70 SWE       17        
 6   2 Nicky Ickx GT                    Ferrari  VEN          16  
 7   1 steve birdgt                      Mirage   GBR         15    
 8  25 Zachariah Blito                  Lola T70 GBR        14  
 9  14 Alastair BaldwinGT             Mirage   GBR         13  
10  37 Paul Whitfield GT              Ferrari  GBR           12  

Only 3 retirements....maybe the races should be longer??  lol

16 natan vix gt                    Porsche  BEL   34  55m44.328s   1 lap(s)  DQ'd, because Natan unfortunately forgot to fuel car for race and performed several resets.

TEAM SCORES
WHITE       DNS

BLACK        15

BLUE          28

RED           34

GREEN        40

ORANGE      54

iT IS NOTICEABLE THAT NOT ONLY DID ORANGE WIN THE RACE, BUT GETTING ALL OF THEIR CARS HOME BOOSTED THEIR POINTS.

When I find out how to upload a spreadsheet I will be able to show more info. Anyone who knows how to get a spreadsheet to display correctly on the forum...please let me know!!!  Statmeister!! where are you when the world needs you?? Shocked

« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:57:32 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2011, 01:12:36 PM +0000 »

And so, a new era commenced, with our shiny new Grand Touring cars, built to 1967 specification, and on a track swept clean of parts.  This was not to remain the case for long . . .

Practice for me, was mostly about exploring the limits of man and machine.  Managed to leave some spectators standing, and finally dialed in some eye, foot coordination.  This meant a late jump, to a pleasant 4th in the standings, on a tightly grouped grid.  laugh laugh Cheesy

My race started well, and in a comfortable 3rd.  Was about to switch on the cruise control, and turn up the stereo, when my Chaparral cluttered the track with engine parts!  A quick reset, but without a stop & go, unthinkingly doomed me to last place.  My mind was preoccupied in preserving the spare motor.

So still third, but with Ronnie and Steve closing in, I attempted to fend off their attack, with a reduced weaponry of 2 gears!  By avoiding 1st, perhaps things would hold together for longer?  The plan was working, until a sudden loss of fuel pressure!  Very puzzled, as this was less than half race distance - think it was lap 13.  I would have preferred to go out with more of a bang!

Stayed around to watch the racing.  These cars are still a novelty and entertaining to watch.  There was a great midfield tussle,  and a really close battle for the win.  So, many thanks to Clive, for getting things rolling, and allowing us to cutter the track - well some of us anyway!  Undecided 

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2011, 01:26:07 PM +0000 »

Grats, Oranges! Sorry I couldn't make it.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2011, 02:09:24 PM +0000 »

When I find out how to upload a spreadsheet I will be able to show more info. Anyone who knows how to get a spreadsheet to display correctly on the forum...please let me know!!!  Statmeister!! where are you when the world needs you?? Shocked
It's not easy  Wink

Basically you can either set up a table - quite a tricky thing to get right, the best way is to copy an existing one and change it - or paste the spreadsheet in as an image, which is what I believe the statmeister used to do. You can't directly paste images into the forum so you would have to link it from elsewhere.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2011, 02:23:12 PM +0000 »

thanks Tim,  maybe I will hi-jack one of the Statmeister's tables and see if I can enter my stuff that way.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2011, 03:22:19 PM +0000 »

Evil, you could try exporting the table from Excel in HTML format. Probably something like File, Save As... then select HTML from the file type list.

After that open up the HTML file in notepad, and replace all the chevrons with square brackets, i.e. replace "<" with "[" and ">" with "]".

Then paste it into your forum post, and you should be all done.

If you need any help then PM me and I'm sure we can work something out.

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2011, 03:25:15 PM +0000 »

It's not easy  Wink

Basically you can either set up a table - quite a tricky thing to get right, the best way is to copy an existing one and change it - or paste the spreadsheet in as an image, which is what I believe the statmeister used to do. You can't directly paste images into the forum so you would have to link it from elsewhere.
You can write a macro to dump the spreadsheet out with all the formatting needed for the forums.  That's what I did with the Pit Stop Calculator Spreadsheet.  If you don't fancy having a go just email the spreadsheet to me and I'll do it for you.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2011, 03:33:53 PM +0000 »

Thanks guys,  just off to walk the dogs in daylight for a change, but will look into both options this evening  Grin

Rank   Only when I sweat
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2011, 05:01:56 PM +0000 »

On the subject of finishing is there a cut off where you don't score - for instance, if you crash 15 laps from the end and you lose a wheel - you might limp round three laps or even wait by the S/F line - not in the spirit, I know but is there a specific exclusion point - might make it worth limping round if only three laps to go etc etc.

Hope the next Orange guest driver is rubbish and H can't make it again Cheesy

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 06:44:27 PM +0000 »

Phil - i did a wonderful and graceful 360 spin at Beckets whilst trying to describe to Karen (OH) how to do a certain trick on the ps2 skating game she was playing.

Aren't you emulating Kevin on Revenge, are you?  Grin angel

My race was a thriller cause I did the math for fuel before to short the final ratio so after a couple of laps in the race I realized that it wouldn't last at that pace. So I let Clive go and focused to stay on track and short gearing all the way. Luckily the difference in fuel consumption is very high if you don't rev over 5500 rpm and put in 2nd only for the four slow turns.
After midrace I found myself in first after Clive's spin, missed you for a hair when you rejoined the track while I was trying to lap Paul  Shocked
Cause another error by Clive soon after I had a nice gap to defend till the end, BUT....,there is always a BUT in the races, I half spun at last turn with a few laps to go so Clive was soon on my back  Shocked
Front tires went very hot in the process and the car became very unpredictable on braking so Clive could put much pressure on me on turns.
The last lap was a bit scary for me trying to not loose the car and keep Clive behind till the last turn where Clive did a banzai move, rather Harahiri indeed, move and spun on braking tying to not rear end me.
Maybe I brake a bit early there, what's your version Clive?
Ciao and thx for organizing!

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 07:12:57 PM +0000 »

lol Fulvio,   

After my spin in trying to pass backmarkers too quickly and the outrageous   Shocked Shocked  sideswipe on me by Paul ( I hope Fulvio is paying him well)     Grin    I  found myself a long way behind Fulvio after cruising through the middle part of the race. I had to really push hard and began to use all of the available revs to close the gap in the last few laps. That Chapp 2F has got so much power out of the bends and Fulvio was driving very defensively so that I could not get a chance to go for a pass.

Yes, I was going to try and take you on the very last corner, where I had noticed that I was slightly quicker but I was indeed caught out and had to go off rather than hit you. NO Probs Fulvio. I was braking VERY late and trying to carry speed through that bend and you were braking a little early.

Anyway I should have stayed on track instead of spinning and handing you the win a few laps earlier!!  lol

It seems that everyone enjoyed the format and almost all drivers had some good racing. I hope that continues for the rest of the season. Despite some reservations that the Porsche would be a sitting duck around Silvy, I notice that one crept into the top few places??!!  It will be interesting to see how things work out in the rest of the races.

Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 22, 2011, 07:23:04 PM +0000 »

On the subject of finishing is there a cut off where you don't score - for instance, if you crash 15 laps from the end and you lose a wheel - you might limp round three laps or even wait by the S/F line - not in the spirit, I know but is there a specific exclusion point - might make it worth limping round if only three laps to go etc etc.

Hope the next Orange guest driver is rubbish and H can't make it again Cheesy

No cut off as far as I am concerned. Because the race ends on the lap that the leader takes the chequered flag you would have to complete the lap that you are on.

But 2 things to be aware of I think in the interests of fair play and fun.

1) If you are going to limp around you will have to make sure that you do not impede other cars. That is not so easy as it sounds, and if we end up with 5 crippled cars causing mayhem I may introduce something nasty like a "rule" saying that you have to be able to lap at 110% of your average laptime. Which would involve me in even more modding!! and we don't want that do we??  Wink

2) Sitting by the S/F line wont work, because GPL will disconnect you if your car remains stationary for about 20 secs. Something we had to deal with in the good 'ol days of Pitstops. And if we end up with a queue of cars by the S/F line that would be silly, wouldn't it?? Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com