Quarterly cost: �0

May 02, 2024, 06:39:31 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter the Season 20 Novices Trophy?
Yes, expect 75% or more attendance - 20 (87%)
Yes, expect less than 75% attendance - 3 (13%)
Total Voters: 23

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 20 Novices Trophy Registration  (Read 20274 times)
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2010, 09:01:30 PM +0100 »

hey karliss, thats not too bad at all.. only a couple of tenths off my best and i`m not intending pushing that sort of pace in the race... 1:55 should be adequate race pace if you can hold it together there

Jason Blito
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2010, 11:51:54 PM +0100 »

Hi guys, anyone knows where to find some replays of people going round zeltweg 71? Theres not even a world record lap to compare the lines with!  Huh
You could have a look at last seasons Novices replay here.
Not to offend Novices, but he should watch the Amateurs replay and learn from lines there, so if you could link him to that replay.
I'm afraid it was missed/forgotten or deleted, to quote the Zombies 'she's not there'...
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: October 20, 2010, 12:14:51 PM +0100 »

Karliss' time is very disappointing  Roll Eyes  I was hoping to race him based on Mosport but I can't get below 1:56 - very frustrating. 1:55 race pace would be nice but I just can't get there <sigh>. I've been practicing a bit and sometimes I am running at 1:59-2:01 and sometimes steady 1:56.5-1:57. But even with Banzai laps I can't get that last couple of seconds without spinning out - I am losing it all on the last part of the lap - coming out of the Schikane I have the line but I seem to lose time round that little kink and then am slow round the Rindt curve - I did a compare with one of Nigels laps from last year (as he is in the Honda) and I was faster to the Bosch kurve but lost two seconds plus from there to the start - just can't seem to find a fast line - is the groove reasonable?

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #138 on: October 20, 2010, 02:35:13 PM +0100 »

Focus less on pace and more on consistency, and pace will come.

I know where my time is being lost, all the time my foot is on the accelerator pedal. I think somebody stole a couple of my cylinders.

I have the Cooper doing 1:54-55 at the moment but I'm losing time in a couple of places I need to get sorted out but I won't be much faster than that.

The scenery is wonderful though as it meanders past very slowly.

I imagine most people lose time from Bosch to Rindt, so concentrate on keeping a nice line through there, cos that's where I'll nail you Wink.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 20, 2010, 03:08:40 PM +0100 »

Hi guys, anyone knows where to find some replays of people going round zeltweg 71? Theres not even a world record lap to compare the lines with!  Huh
You could have a look at last seasons Novices replay here.
Not to offend Novices, but he should watch the Amateurs replay and learn from lines there, so if you could link him to that replay.
I'm afraid it was missed/forgotten or deleted, to quote the Zombies 'she's not there'...

If Mike doesn't mind I can put my Replay from last season on his FTP site, obviously you'll only have the cars that were visable to me but the fight with (Against? Grin) Evil will at least make for good viewing and you'll also have H visable for line spotting  Smiley
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 20, 2010, 03:26:13 PM +0100 »

I know this will sound crazy coming from someone who is notorious for unconventional lines through corners but......

If you are losing time I suspect ( even without looking Grin, but speaking from experience) that you are going into the corners a little too fast.
Demon braking on the limit of adhesion may look ( and feel) fast, but a clean exit getting the power down early will gain you far more even if it does feel slower. That extra speed will be carried all along the next straight section.
Concentrate on getting the car into the apex and easing the go faster pedal down as quickly as possible but without getting any wheelspin as you exit the corner in a controlled manner.

If you find it difficult to control your slide/wheelspin because there are too many things happening at once, try a lap or two where you use 3rd gear instead of 2nd or 4th instead of 3rd. That will stop wheelspin and loss of control on the exits and might prevent the rear wheels breaking traction on the entry to the faster corners as well. Once you have mastered lines etc and think you are able to handle a bit more excitement you can revert to the lower gears again, but you might just find that smooth and easy is actually smoother and faster Wink.

Remember to check your sector and lap times and not rely on how fast it "felt".

If that does not gain you 1.5-2 secs in the last sector I'll lacquer my fundoshi.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 03:28:14 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: October 20, 2010, 03:29:46 PM +0100 »

If Mike doesn't mind I can put my Replay from last season on his FTP site

Oh go on then.

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2010, 07:08:58 PM +0100 »

OK, looks like it's uploaded successfully.
I've edited it down to just the race itself to save Bill's bandwidth as much as poss.

Click here to download the file - unzip and chuck it in your replay folder. Obviously make sure you select the 65 mod when you go to view it  Smiley

If you don't get the option to download when you click the above link then right click on it and 'save as'  thumbup1

Due to dicing throughout nearly the entire race Clive and I arn't the best of use for spotting the ideal line(s), but [Mod hat] we did provide an excellent example of how to race wheel to wheel without incident, so may still prove worth a watch. Once clear, H should be a good one to watch for lines [/Mod hat]

We've both made more than enough stupid errors to make up for the above display I might add  Grin
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2010, 07:38:22 PM +0100 »

As Evil says, more important than lines (or as important) are the moments you get on and off the brake, and on and off the throttle. Especially at track like this, with very long straights, it's crucial to get on the power as soon as possible, usually even before the apex.

So try to brake quickly and carry some speed into the corner, but aim to position the car in such way so it would point towards the apex early on and allow you to accelerate hard from there on. Don't just smash the throttle though - any excessive wheelspin and tire scrubing works badly in 65 cars and only loses them time, especially if you start drifting too much. Rather keep the car as straight as possible.

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: October 20, 2010, 07:44:59 PM +0100 »

I know these things to be true - I consider myself unworthy of HER because I cannot resist trying to brake late.

The spins look way cool on the replay and at least I am spinning REALLY fast... Roll Eyes

Thanks for the advice guys. Now I just have to get my wife to let me practice and SHE really is tough... Grin

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 20, 2010, 11:45:05 PM +0100 »

Thanks guys for all the good advice, and thank you Tim for taking the time to post that much coveted replay!

Of course, the doubts remains how some of you guys can possibly manage to go down to the 50s or even 49s when put in one of the quick cars...??! Shocked Huh

Back to practice, 7 laps without crashing is the record for now... Cheesy Cheesy
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 21, 2010, 08:48:13 AM +0100 »

I'm afraid it is all about practice Undecided

Not necessarily at any single circuit, but more case of getting used to what your car will or will not do, recognising very early that things are going wrong and getting your correction in before it is too late.

Far better to back off slightly and lose 1 second, but make the corner, rather than risk keeping your foot down and testing the barriers where you will lose 10 seconds or more plus a StopnGo. Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
karlisss

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2010, 05:16:51 PM +0100 »

hi
oftopic, but duno where to post a question:
who is a league moderator, whom i can send my race replay?
i got penalty without asking my replay... (usualy all involved are asked for replay, cos in my replay, i have a LAG, like in race)
sorry for duing this in public way, but i dont know who is race stuart etc.
ps
also what means this..?
"Karliss takes a free SHIFT R"
i did STOP GO!!!, so i'm clear
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 05:19:43 PM +0100 by karlisss » Logged

GPLrank67 +39.5
GPLrank65 +44.5
http://www.karlisvitols.com
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2010, 05:52:18 PM +0100 »

hi
oftopic, but duno where to post a question:
who is a league moderator, whom i can send my race replay?
i got penalty without asking my replay... (usualy all involved are asked for replay, cos in my replay, i have a LAG, like in race)
sorry for duing this in public way, but i dont know who is race stuart etc.
ps
also what means this..?
Hi Karliss,
Mike (miner49er) is the Division Moderator. The onus is on the driver to submit incidents and replay clips where they feel it will assist the moderator, we look at the server replay and anything submitted. Whilst we encourage everyone to report incidents and submit replay clips this is their choice, the Incident Report system gives drivers an opportunity to do this. I am afraid we don't retrospectively allow drivers to submit clips after the reporting period has closed.
The Novices is fully moderated and not Incident Report only so drivers are encouraged to report everything (even if they feel they are not at fault) so they can submit clips and put their point of view across. You are not forced to report but it is highly likely things will be picked up on review of the server replay.

You do of course have the right to appeal on the grounds of incorrect moderation but we cannot introduce new evidence as such, the appeal only being allowed against the moderation on the evidence (ie server replay and any clips a driver chose to submit) provided at the time. I am sorry if anyone feels this is unfair but drivers are encouraged and given ample opportunity to submit clips. If we allowed submissions after the fact where would we stop.

A 'free SHIFT R' means you did not have to take a Stop and Go as you were not at fault so yes you are OK on this.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 06:16:29 PM +0100 by vosblod » Logged
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2010, 08:08:39 PM +0100 »

also what means this..?

Hi karliss, it is not mandatory to submit a clip yourself but if you are involved in an incident that you think may involve warp or lag, it is recommended that you do send your own clip as that may show some different evidence to that which the server shows.

For example, if the server replay shows 2 cars touching but your own replay shows no touching then there is warp involved, and somebody may not be penalised as a result of that.

Also, you were involved in 2 main incidents. The lap 1 incident where you hit somebody was your fault, but you do not need to take a stop n go for that during the race. You made a mistake, caused a crash and it will be moderated after the race. You are also advised not to wait for somebody you hit and let them get past you again as this can cause a further incident.

You crash with Artiglietti where he rejoined in front of you and hit you was his fault, so even if you take a SHIFT R after that, you do not need to take a Stop n Go as that was a "free SHIFT R".

I would advise everybody to re-read the rules regarding this if they are confused, but you only need to take a Stop n Go following a SHIFT R, if the reason for the SHIFT R is your fault. If you are not sure whose fault it is and whether or not to take a SHIFT R, then do not take one and 30seconds will be added to your race time if it is later deemed to be your fault.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com