Quarterly cost: �0

May 03, 2024, 12:08:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Setup Pack by Itchi Waza  (Read 3327 times)
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:22:12 PM +0100 »

By some demand here's a compilation of my current setups for 67, 65, 66 and 69 cars:

http://racingleague.co.cc/hikiwaza/downloads/Hristo_Itchov_GPL_Setup_Compilation.zip

Please read the included instructions.txt for more information.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:26:50 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 09:35:47 PM +0100 »

That is very generous of you Hristo thumbup1,
 If you could just tell us how to drive those setups as fast as you do, then we could have everyone crossing the finishing line together

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:40:24 PM +0100 »

Careful Men!  This could be some sort of Waza mind bending trick.  Wink

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 11:00:44 PM +0100 »

I'm going to have to try some just to see how different they feel to mine.
I was always on the lookout for that 'magic setup', which might be a common newbie error, until I eventually realised 90% of it is down to your own driving skill.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 11:02:32 PM +0100 by vosblod » Logged
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2010, 11:06:12 PM +0100 »

I'm going to have to try some just to see how different they feel to mine.
I was always on the lookout for that 'magic setup', which might be a common newbie error, until I eventually realised 90% of it is down to your own driving skill.

I wish there was such thing as a "magic setup". Most of the time I find out that setups which I liked a couple of months ago don't suit my style anymore, so I have to make additional adjustments. Goes to show that it's mostly a personal thing, although I suspect some driving styles have higher performance potential than others. One thing that I insist on is those who are off the pace to try new approaches, new tricks, new setups, etc. It can only help, otherwise if you assume that you've reached the limit there's no point in doing the same thing over and over again, is there?

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:45:19 AM +0100 »

I firmly believe that ( assuming that your setup is half decent) 80-90% of your performance is down to the driver's performance and application for that race.

There have been times when I have practised for a race until my hands were bleeding ( a little artistic licence there Roll Eyes ) and thought I was definitely going to be contesting the top podium slot in the next day's race, only to find that when the race started I was unable to string 2 corners together without spinning.
It was as if someone had loosened all the suspension bolts and disconnected the steering!! Undecided

Other times I have logged on 5 minutes before the start of a race without any preparation, selected a setup from last season ( or one from a similar circuit ) popped in a mid-grid quali without any conviction and gradually eased myself into the race . I found that my pace increased and I ended up on the podium without even breaking into a sweat!!

Maybe its just me, but mental attitude and focus play a much bigger part in my performances than setups..probably because I'm crap at setups anyway  lol.

Interestingly, my setup for Mosport was only a notch either way, on a few parameters, from the one that Hristo published, but that could be the difference between mediocre and alien Undecided  lol

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 05:29:35 PM +0100 »

I firmly believe that ( assuming that your setup is half decent) 80-90% of your performance is down to the driver's performance and application for that race.

There have been times when I have practised for a race until my hands were bleeding ( a little artistic licence there Roll Eyes ) and thought I was definitely going to be contesting the top podium slot in the next day's race, only to find that when the race started I was unable to string 2 corners together without spinning.
It was as if someone had loosened all the suspension bolts and disconnected the steering!! Undecided

Other times I have logged on 5 minutes before the start of a race without any preparation, selected a setup from last season ( or one from a similar circuit ) popped in a mid-grid quali without any conviction and gradually eased myself into the race . I found that my pace increased and I ended up on the podium without even breaking into a sweat!!

Maybe its just me, but mental attitude and focus play a much bigger part in my performances than setups..probably because I'm crap at setups anyway  lol.

Interestingly, my setup for Mosport was only a notch either way, on a few parameters, from the one that Hristo published, but that could be the difference between mediocre and alien Undecided  lol

Yes, mental and, I dare say, spiritual disposition are very important, because there is no such thing as the perfect setup and so you always have to do some compensating to get the best out of the car.

Evil, last time I tried my Mosport setup a few days ago it didn't feel good at all, lol. Too much understeer and tires going too hot too soon. It worked fine the last time I raced with it, so go figure what's going on now. I'll have to try cure it to my "new" style for the race today.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:32:26 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 07:54:45 PM +0100 »

Thanks Itchi. Will take a gander this week and see just how different they are. Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 10:17:49 AM +0100 »

Thanks H,

I tried some of the Ferrari and Brabham 67 setups for monaco and lowered my PB right away, not that my PB are something to write home about but It is clear to me that setup has a big impact, maybe it is mental or even spiritual but anyway it works.

Oh, of cause I modified the brake bias and the diff settings a bit just to be able to keep it on the track but over all I think your setups got me thinking about my own.

Göran
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 02:09:40 PM +0100 »

Thanks H,

I tried some of the Ferrari and Brabham 67 setups for monaco and lowered my PB right away, not that my PB are something to write home about but It is clear to me that setup has a big impact, maybe it is mental or even spiritual but anyway it works.

Oh, of cause I modified the brake bias and the diff settings a bit just to be able to keep it on the track but over all I think your setups got me thinking about my own.

Göran

Glad to hear, Goran, I really like some of my Ferrari and Brabham setups, had them nailed (for my style anyway) for some tracks, so nowadays I can always copy over one of those to a new track and do some modifications to make them suit it.

On the other hand some setups are either old or not been worked on too much, so they need further development. For instance, I had to to do a lot of tweaking to my Honda Mosport setup yesterday to make it work well, especially for the race.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 11:48:37 PM +0100 »

Well I don't know what you put in them Hristo but a sprinkling of it tasted very nice Wink. I tried your Coop for Mosport 65 thinking it would not be for me and was pleasantly surprised, I say surprised as I was expecting a Martian experience that would tip me upside down on each and every corner  Grin
Anyway to cut it short I'm settling on a slightly modified H setup for my new 65 Coop season and have added the letter H (in capitals) to my setup description in your honour. Thanks for the post, don't worry I don't expect to be beating you that soon...  alien
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 12:28:17 AM +0100 »

Well I don't know what you put in them Hristo but a sprinkling of it tasted very nice Wink. I tried your Coop for Mosport 65 thinking it would not be for me and was pleasantly surprised, I say surprised as I was expecting a Martian experience that would tip me upside down on each and every corner  Grin
Anyway to cut it short I'm settling on a slightly modified H setup for my new 65 Coop season and have added the letter H (in capitals) to my setup description in your honour. Thanks for the post, don't worry I don't expect to be beating you that soon...  alien

Glad to hear it works for you, Tim. I think most of my 65 setups would work for anyone as long as they adjust the braking bias, steering ratio and maybe the differential to suit their taste and controllers.

And on the contrary - I do hope you become fast and threaten me soon. The more competition, the merrier!

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 08:44:18 AM +0100 »

H,

The setups are very useful but I am obviously looking for Honda setups - is the weight distribution in the 65 the same as in the 67? And if so, does that mean that other cars setups cannot be copied across? Sorry to be so dense.

P.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2010, 03:09:00 PM +0100 »

H,

The setups are very useful but I am obviously looking for Honda setups - is the weight distribution in the 65 the same as in the 67? And if so, does that mean that other cars setups cannot be copied across? Sorry to be so dense.

P.

I have plenty of 67 Honda setups, have a look around. If you mean 65 though, I have some of those as well, you just have to find them as I can't remember which tracks they're for. About the weight distribution, I'm not sure, I've only seen data for the 67 cars.

The 65 cars seem to be closer in handling to each other, so I guess you could use settings from one car to another, more or less. At least the suspension settings anyway.

Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 11:58:54 AM +0100 »

65 weight distributions are here

http://srmz.net/index.php?showtopic=6110

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com