Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
May 01, 2024, 11:37:52 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
Forthcoming
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 27 - End of Season Review  (Read 6546 times)
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2014, 11:52:58 AM +0000 »

It seems the rules of 50% (or 90%  Shocked ) is the most controversial here.

I have to admit it's a big penalty to give 0 point to a driver running 49% of the race, so the same total of points than a DNS !
Maybe we could do something fo these drivers doing less than 50% like 1 point for the last, then (going to the top) 2 points, then 3 points etc.
I agree with you especially after the race at Sempione.We could give 0 point if the driver have not completed the 25%.Over is better to have some point,also more than 1,in function of the percent of race completed.
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2014, 06:19:31 PM +0000 »

Good evening and merry christmas.

i'm writing some lines while waiting for dinner.

Race Nights - Sundays, Tuesdays is fine.

Rules - OK for me as it is.

Rule Changes - dont know

Season Length - you have many races. dont need more

60 fps - why not ? we race in eolc for years and most time it seems more fluently

Moderating - i like that you know the "race accident" and don't search someone to blame by need. i'm not in for long but i guess its fine.

Driving with a badly damaged car - i'll try to take the car home if it works somehow, but not with 3 wheels or less. everybody should have the responisbilty for others. thinkt that works.

50% Rule - seems a fair deal for me.

GPL Shift - i dont use it. its been forbidden in GPLRacer, does it make such a big difference ?
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2014, 07:34:07 PM +0000 »

Merry Christmas everyone! clown  A present awaits us all at SRMZ.  I cannot run it safely on my old computer.  I suggest a survey/poll to find how many can, before adding it to the new Season.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2014, 11:43:15 PM +0000 »

Merry Christmas everyone! clown  A present awaits us all at SRMZ.  I cannot run it safely on my old computer.  I suggest a survey/poll to find how many can, before adding it to the new Season.

I hope Santa brings you a new PC as it does look very nice indeed with or without the fog!
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2014, 12:29:48 PM +0000 »

As I only race in one class (65's) I only have a couple of comments. Race night is ok. The 50% rule should remain for scoring points to put it up would be a bit harsh I think.

Norm H 
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2014, 05:16:58 PM +0000 »

Performance is good enough on my old contraption, to get me around every other track, Ronnie.  It's having to wind the clockwork up that keeps me fit!  If everyone else is up and running Mods Ok, that's good news.  If a survey is not wanted, a pre-Season test race, might help to sort if all systems are go, or some systems are slow.  wheelchair
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 05:20:00 PM +0000 by maddog » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2014, 05:45:53 PM +0000 »

We could do a 65s test race at Spa67 30.12.2014 if you like...

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2014, 05:54:13 PM +0000 »

Race Nights - Sundays and Tuesdays fine for me.

Rules - OK for me as is.

Rule Changes - none.

Season Length - fine as is. 

60 fps - YES my eyes hate 36 fps, but slight tearing on some tracks with 60fps.

65 Mod - new tracks, there are 100s of them.

Servers -

Moderating - fine as is.

S27 series - keep f2s Sunday if not will drive what mod replaces it, 65 mod Tuesday, cant do Fridays.

Driving with a badly damaged car - OK as long as not a hazard to other cars. 

50% Rule - keep 50%, if a car is damaged and put out of race by another driver before 50% its down to the moderators to award points.

GPL Shift - as anyone can use it if they wish its no problem.
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2014, 02:52:14 PM +0000 »

I can't complain. My recurring thought is, I'm just happy to be here. I can give you my opinions though.

Race Nights

They're fine with me. I don't do much or any driving during the week. That's the main reason I don't race on Tuesdays. I already spend enough time on the weekends. I'm still relatively new to GPL so I wouldn't favor 69X's over the 67's until I've driven the 67's more. The 69X's wouldn't make me want stop racing though. I'd still be there if possible. I enjoy the Fridays series! My 3 favorite mods behind the original cars. It's a shame we don't fill at least half the grid.

Rules

They're fine with me.

Rule Changes

I think all that is silly. I don't do any of that intentionally and if I have done it, it's rare. The chassis swapping isn't a big deal to me. The chassis swapping could put me at a slight disadvantage over a season since I'm usually done with that within a day of the race.

Season Length

no opinion

60 fps

I posted in the other topic.

65 Mod - The 65 cars are 50 years old in 2015 - maybe we could do something to mark this anniversary?

I like that idea. Possibly do it on Sundays instead of the F2 series?

Servers -

Towards what did my last donation go? The maintenance of ukgpl.com? If not I should send it to Jethro or Axel if I'm racing on their servers.

Moderating - Are we too strict or too lenient?

You may have been lenient with me at times. That doesn't encourage me to get worse though. I don't have any intentions of being dirty. I'm just stupid sometimes.

S27 series

They're fine with me. My favorite cars in order are 67 F1s, 71 CAs, tied for 3rd the 67 GTs and 69Xs. I'd like the GTs 3rd best if the brake bug were eliminated. All the mods are fun. I just had my first drive in the TCs and I like them too.

Driving with a badly damaged car

I don't care. I did it at Monza in S26. I didn't cause anybody any problems. I did take Curva Grande in the grass on the right a time or two to assure I wouldn't cause a collision. I never had any problem with Dean doing it. If it's a problem or it becomes a problem, could it be handled through incident reports and moderation? I doubt I'd attempt it without Pribluda. I wouldn't object to stiff penalties for causing the retirement of another driver because of your crippled car, such as starting the next race at the back of the grid. If you start in the pit you may not pass the green flag after the start. But that requires that the driver DQ their self in qualifying. The bad thing about that suggestion is it complicates things more.

50% Rule

I don't mind it. I wouldn't change it.

GPL Shift

I think the paddle shifters have an advantage in keeping both hands on the wheel.

I don't care if a H-shifter gives someone an advantage. I've got a lot bigger problems with my own driving to have much concern about any advantage a H-shifter may have. I wouldn't mind knowing that someone is using gplshift to gain an advantage on upshifts. From what I've read I think I could use it to lower my lap times. I think I could lower my handicap on Rank by 10 if I ran laps on novice or training-no damage while intentionally speed shifting. I see no reason to make my times artificially lower, unless done via a slipstream. When I get a H-shifter I'll likely set it like Tim and use a clutch.

I'd ask that drivers with H-shifters use a clutch or not use a H-shifter in a manner that that provides an unrealistic advantage. As for demanding that fairshift be used, I'm against it for now. I might be in favor of fairshift if I could use it with a clutch and the feel/rhythm of shifting be no different than GPLShift with a clutch. I don't have the experience yet to have an informed opinion.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2014, 06:52:26 PM +0000 »

I like PRO races.........is the true emotion of the GPL,disappointment ?because you did not expect your car warm up properly....  and engine exploded too early?
in my league "clandestines Trophy" only run with PRO mode
and works great
the only change is that we have the greatest distance on the grid
20 m between cars.......this eliminates start accidents.
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2015, 11:23:08 PM +0000 »

Race Nights - I found it difficult to race with the privateers, the amateurs and on Fun Fridays in the same week. Currently, I prefer to have three days to prepare for a race.

My attendance was not that good this season, but it mostly had to do with the unpredictability of my daily schedule. I hope that I can join the races a little more frequently next season.     

Rules - I think that someone suggested a slightly harsher penalty for incidents that occur before the 50% race distance has been reached. Drivers that do not reach the 50% race distance do not score points. So should there be a penalty for that situation?

I liked some of the other suggestions as well. Increase the token value for the 67 Brabham. Try using tokens with the 69X mod. Use the Friday series to test new mods and tracks.

Servers - We are really lucky to have drivers with servers, thank you guys. I do not mind a small donation once a season, but I do not know if we can afford a dedicated server.

Driving with a badly damaged car - I do not think that you should ban driving with a badly damaged car because each situation is different. We should all just try to drive safe regardless of damage.

50% Rule - I am happy either way. I think that the 50% rule helps slow consistent drivers improve their championship standing.
GPL Shift - I use GPL shift. I used the mandatory clutch before I joined UKGPL, but I did not think it was safe to do so for online racing. If I miss a shift, I would surely rear end someone. I think that is awesome that some drivers are able to race with the mandatory clutch.
I have not tested fair shift. I am curious if anyone in our league races with fair shift?

Sunday Driver
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com