Quarterly cost: �0

April 30, 2024, 09:26:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Killarney: January 25, 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Killarney - Jan 25  (Read 9022 times)
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2015, 07:50:49 PM +0000 »

Have to confess I have had a few screen freezes with and without the updates. Fingers crossed for tonight.
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2015, 08:08:37 PM +0000 »

Fingers crossed...

How about a 66s on Tuesday with Spa67?

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Iestyn Davies

Variety comes in packs of 7 GPL cars! Drive 5/day!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2015, 08:24:41 PM +0000 »

Sounds good to me.. which cars have we not driven it with yet?  Grin

GPLrank = -75
Monster = -400

See ya online Smiley
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2015, 08:38:07 PM +0000 »

Fingers crossed...

Porsche Supercup fun race as well maybe?
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2015, 09:55:59 PM +0000 »

i forgot to change the set-up for the race!Better to retire also because the fuel was not enough.
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2015, 10:11:11 PM +0000 »

I had a freeze in front with 7 laps to go Sad
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2015, 10:14:50 PM +0000 »

Great start, and it went downhill from there...

Sorry for the tap Ronnie.
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 10:28:50 PM +0000 »

Managed to snap my brake pedal, so that's me out of action for a while!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
MagicArsouille

.... ladies and gentlemen..... start your engine

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2015, 10:32:30 PM +0000 »

after a good qualif, I take a good start and after 15 m have been hit once ...and twice and go off track and screen freeze .....not fun ! ....
Arf Arf Arf

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2015, 10:33:15 PM +0000 »

Rarely in the history of F1 (if ever), has the person starting 9th or 11th on the grid made it into T1 in P1... :-)  I was glad to see it was a double Baarf, and I let Baab go through as soon as I could, as I knew I didn't have his pace. Thought I might even be able to give him some breathing space as there are only a couple of passing places here, and lots of people had to queue to overtake me... As it turned out I had the second slowest average pace (but most consistent...), so I just felt like a sitting duck all through the race.

Between me and various people we managed to orchestrate some of the closest passes without the crash box intervening that I have ever seen - that was some of the best behaved driving I have seen, well done all.

I did however think that the move Cookie made on me at the end was...a little less well judged. I didn't think you were close enough to make a move, and the only reason I was even slightly slow into the corner is that I was right behind someone, and didn't want the draft to make me rear end them.. I think you would have got me soon after.. but hey, it was just a fun race, and fun it certainly was. Thanks all!

Oh, I guess Jethro won't have found it as much fun, given his comment in chat just after - sorry to hear you snapped your pedal - curious to hear how you managed that (what kind of pedals were they?)

Arf
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2015, 10:34:42 PM +0000 »

Fingers crossed...

Porsche Supercup fun race as well maybe?

Porsche Supercup fun race Spa 67 on Friday!

Axel "Cookie"

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2015, 10:41:59 PM +0000 »

Yes Arf, sorry
was a little too much, but I thought you had me in the mirrors going inside...

Was dead last after the start and had to make up some places, but a little damage on the front suspension made me spin 3 times...

Great racing and fun stuff, but the track still seems too much beta for a season race.

Axel "Cookie"

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2015, 10:47:26 PM +0000 »

I had a freeze in front with 7 laps to go Sad

Sorry Bastian, it was a real shame. It was shaping up to be a good race. There was not enough gap between any of us to really be safe. So I had fun trying to keep it on the black stuff. I had one lapse in concentration, and I nearly went off track at each corner until I regained focus. This race was my second time to cross the finish line first. Kind of exciting even if it is just a fun race!

Good race Nicky, Billy, Dave C., Fran, Bastian, Rog!
Sorry to see some people have bad luck.
Sorry to see Bad Blood have something wrong with his wheel.

Thank you Fran for the Track! Very challenging, and I started to really enjoy lapping here. 
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:50:19 PM +0000 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2015, 10:50:53 PM +0000 »

Congrats Hristo, Rob, Iestyn!

My apologies to whoever I ran into at the start. That's the fastest I've ever been on my top yet. It was shame to use my reset so quickly. I needed it at the end because of my lousy fuel estimate. Sad

Good racing Arf! I started getting impatient once Ray caught up with us. I'm glad I didn't hit you? I tried as hard as I could to stay close while doing my best to avoid any contact. After one lap behind you, I knew you were holding me back but it was difficult to find a place that I knew I could safely pass. That wasn't a very safe pass but I figured with 3 of so close together, I better get by before we have a wreck.

I cheated at the end. I reset a second time so I could go ahead and cross the finish line. It didn't have any effect on the outcome of the race though.

Thanks guys. That was a lot of fun except for the very beginning and the last lap.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2015, 12:16:13 AM +0000 »

Terribly sorry for the start incident. Hristo didn't seem to see the flagman. A combination of a pretty tight grid, lack of steering ratio and arguably a lack of judgement caused me to clip Hristo's right rear tire bouncing me into Tristan...

The whole field went by, and was almost last first lap. Car had some slight damage, and felt a bit strange, but it wasn't too unpredictable. Dean let me kind of by, and some went off having contacts. Was close behind Hristo who caught up with the cars ahead. That was a nice 5-6 car train with a lot of action. At some point went from P5 to P2 in one lap, passing David, Hristo and Arf. However struggled in the kink leading up to the backstraight, had to overcorrect and went wide. Tried to stay out of the way at that point but I didn't knew Hristo also went sideways, but he still managed to easily overtake me.

He gradually drove away from me, but when he caught up with Bob, them fighting I also caught up again, then Bob went off. From then on Hristo basically consistently bettered his laptime, and just couldn't hang on to his pace...

Great race from my point of view, but maybe too many incidents. Shame about the start, commiserations to all that suffered from it. For me it turnt out well staying ahead also of Iestyn and Dean, and it was great to race Hristo for once. Smiley

PS :sorry to hear Tristan, you deserved to race for the win. I have had 3 screenfreezes in the last 5 races, and now I had 1 in quali. I was lucky in the race among others I guess...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 12:25:16 AM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com