Quarterly cost: �0

April 30, 2024, 04:29:59 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17Di Spa: June 28, 2009
June 28, 2009, 10:58:36 PM +0100 - Spa (GPL) - UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Inter League
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
roo
 GBGPL
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 4 +3.537
---
1 46:45.559
---
14 3:18.028
---
Firestone  
Bosse Fröderberg
 GBGPL
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 2 +2.565
---
2 +6.440
---
14 3:19.511
---
Goodyear  
john roberts
 UKGPL
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 6 +4.910
---
3 +27.008
---
14 3:20.532
---
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 UKGPL
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 4 +27.471
---
14 3:19.353
---
Firestone  
Leffa Westlund
 GBGPL
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 7 +5.822
---
5 +55.028
---
14 3:21.433
---
Goodyear  
FullMetalGasket
 UKGPL
BRM P115 F1 1967 8 +7.230
---
6 +1:10.091
---
14 3:22.665
---
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 UKGPL
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +8.809
---
7 +1:13.223
---
14 3:21.819
---
Firestone  
Will Tway
 GBGPL
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 12 +9.828
---
8 +1:35.715
---
14 3:22.823
---
Firestone  
EvilClive
 UKGPL
Honda RA300 F1 1967 10 +8.259
---
9 +2:09.170
---
14 3:22.459
---
Firestone  
Turkey Machine
 UKGPL
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 5 +3.880
---
10 +2L
---
12 3:18.324
---
Goodyear  
Samb
 UKGPL
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 3 +2.668
---
11 +7L
---
7 3:19.217
---
Firestone  
Doni Yourth
 UKGPL
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 9 +7.655
---
12 +8L
---
6 3:23.600
---
Firestone  
Iestyn Davies
 GBGPL
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 1 3:15.516
---
13 +9L
---
5 3:17.488
---
Firestone  
JamesRye
 UKGPL
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 14 +10L
---
4 3:26.332
---
Goodyear  
petestenning
 GBGPL
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 14 +21.891
---
15 +13L
---
1 3:46.136
---
Firestone  
Magnus Rubensson
 GBGPL
Honda RA300 F1 1967 13 +14.601
---
16 +14L
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
Geoff65
 UKGPL
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 17 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 UKGPL
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 18 ---
---
Firestone  
Cs Beno
 GBGPL
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 19 ---
---
Goodyear  
Gamesclan T7

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 ---
---
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) Inter League - Spa (1967) - GBGPL - Jun 28  (Read 10032 times)
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2009, 11:15:26 PM +0100 »

You can find server replay HERE

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2009, 12:04:36 AM +0100 »

thanks

john
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2009, 12:27:40 AM +0100 »

I was looking forward to this race, and would have had a really good front-running time for probably the front row of the grid, when on the last lap I was doing, James had an almighty screwup at Masta and I couldn't avoid him. I was going flat-chat and hell-bent on the pole time Iestyn was doing, but that moment ruined any chance I had of it. Annoyed didn't cover it. We were already late starting through various problems!

Started well, ended up 4th after lap 1 when I got past John, and tried getting up to the cars in front. When Iestyn dropped out, I was 3rd. When Sam dropped out, I was 3rd, having had a moment of my own at Masta, but the car kept running! 2 GBGPL cars in the first 2 places, but me 3rd, and UKGPL having many people in the top 10. Coming to the closing stages of the race, I was just looking to bring it home, however the gods of war were against me and the wireless was switched off at around half 10. So much for an early start. I was a lap and a half away from the chequered flag and just half a lap from being classified.

UKGPL won this one I think, although not many finished. Congratulations to GBGPL who claimed the first 2 places on the podium, and John and Hristo for 3rd and 4th.

I desperately need my own ADSL connection, I can't be doing with a shared connection, especially when parents have the ultimate say over its usage!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2009, 01:21:19 AM +0100 »

After waiting to see if Geoff would be able to sort out his problem and be able to join, I spotted James unable to make the start at Clubman's, so I got him to replace Geoff. By the time there were only 4 minutes left though and so I hoped I could do some qualifying lap.

It turned out the setup was very old (I might have packed 65 setups for Cooper, sorry if that's the case), but it didn't feel that bad. The engine exploded on my flying lap though, so I had to settle for starting at the back of the grid.

I had a good start and passed half the field during the first lap alone. Thanks of course to teammates that let me through! Although I wasn't taking risks, it was uncertain how the setup would fare in race conditions, but so far it went well. Until the end of lap 2 when it caught me out on acceleration on the exit of the final corner and so I spun around, dropping 2 places and 10 seconds.

Not that it mattered much because I couldn't keep the pace of the front runners and the cars ahead of me were mostly teammates, so it wasn't necessary to pass them, bar one GBGPL driver (who threw himself out the way on his own, tyvm  Grin ).

I spent the rest of the race trying to push hard but look after the engine. I was closing up on John and after the retirements of Sam and Jethro, I was up to 4th, but thought it's pointless to attack for 3rd and put both of us at risk, so backed off in the end. The car was overheating the tyres badly, especially front left, so taking Stavelot and some other right handers at proper speed was not possible. Despite that, the car was very consistent, even if slow.

A close call for the points, but we benefited from placing more cars at the finish and in the top 10, so grats UKGPL!

-=Hristo=-

JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2009, 01:16:21 PM +0100 »

I discoed after qualyfiying for Clubmans race and Hristo and Geoff were kind enough to let me loose in this race.

I hadn't practiced at Spa for about 6months and hadn't driven the Brabham for even longer. Embarrasingly I totally screwed up in qualifying and ruined JW;s fast lap. I cannot apologise enough for this, I thought that my gearing was wrong and that I could take the corner flat. Sorry.

In the race I was ultra cautious at the start, but still made a couple of places off the back of the grid. Was keeping pace with Evil Clive I think for about 4 laps before I ran wide and sheared off a wheel.

All in all, not my finest hour. At least I didn't smash anyone off in the race itself.

Jim
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2009, 02:08:49 PM +0100 »

I wouldn't worry about that James  Smiley
I think this is only the 2nd or 3rd interleague I've actually finished  Grin

Happy with 6th, had zero practice before the event as I had thought I'd be racing at Silverstone in a Wazamobile.  Grin
Qualified ok (Hristo's setup - unchanged bar steering ratio, rear tyre pressures and fuel (obviously!)) and was quite happy with my time.
The race setup was again H's with only the above changes so I'm happy to have come 6th in a relatively 'slow' chassis with no preperation - Wish I'd had my whale as I think I could have been challenging for 5th at least in that angel
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2009, 02:20:01 PM +0100 »

I discoed after qualyfiying for Clubmans race and Hristo and Geoff were kind enough to let me loose in this race.

I hadn't practiced at Spa for about 6months and hadn't driven the Brabham for even longer. Embarrasingly I totally screwed up in qualifying and ruined JW;s fast lap. I cannot apologise enough for this, I thought that my gearing was wrong and that I could take the corner flat. Sorry.

In the race I was ultra cautious at the start, but still made a couple of places off the back of the grid. Was keeping pace with Evil Clive I think for about 4 laps before I ran wide and sheared off a wheel.

All in all, not my finest hour. At least I didn't smash anyone off in the race itself.

Jim
Apology accepted, please for the love of God make sure it doesn't happen again. I nearly committed Hari-Kiri with a spatula over that. If there's a guy on a quick lap behind you, and doesn't show any signs of slowing down a la in-lap, then he's on a quickie, and you should act accordingly. This is from personal experience, I've been caught out many times. Wink

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2009, 07:35:03 PM +0100 »

Grats to John and Hristo for a solid drive into the top spots plus congratulations to all who finished from both teams....and commiserations to Sam and Jethro for bad luck.

We might have to review our invitations to GBGPL as they get closer to beating us every time we race Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.lol  Well done Bosse and Roo for pacing themselves to the podium, another finisher in the top half of the field would have taken the victory.

But for me, that race was a  struggle of mammoth proportions!!

After the "server" problems and late start I did not have the heart to ask for an IP address. So I joined VROC knowing that my steering gremlin would be hyper active.

I gave up any chance of a good qually time and just tried to adjust the race setup to at least allow me some chance of completing the 14 laps ( a challenge in a Honda at the best of times!!)

From the start I was ultra cautious and allowed the field to spread out in front of me before increasing the pace on lap 2 or 3.

There was no point in trying to "race" anyone with "random directional compensatory mode" in operation as any hint of a slide could not be "corrected" with opp lock. Even with my cautious approach and laps around 3:22 at best I still manged about 4 or 5 major spins, but suffered only minor damage, which given the problems I already had, were as nothing.

Cars fell out and I followed the changing fortunes at the head of the field on Prib as different names appeared ..and went. GBGPL seemed to have a stranglehold on the top places and my display did not give me all of the "mid table" drivers, so I could not be sure exactly where each team was in terms of points.

I had a very steady Will Tway behind me and Fulvio and Tim some way in front. So there was no point in risking anything too adventurous to pass teammates so I concentrated on keeping going and saving the engine.

One of my rather spectacular spins through Stavelot allowed Will to get past and by the time I had got going again, and cooled the tyres so that you did not need Ray Bans just to look at them, he was some 10 secs up the road and still motoring.

I was now last and somewhat disheartened, but at least I had not been lapped Roll Eyes so I upped the rev limit of 10500 and checked oil temps down the straight to Masta for a few laps and was encouraged to see that everything was cool Wink and that Will was getting closer.

I finally caught Will with about 4 laps to go and thought that maybe I could "take" him. I was following him into Stavelot and maybe it was the tow or ?? , but the tail started to slide and with no way of correcting with opp lock, we performed another smoking spin, but miraculously avoided the hard metal bending stuff yet again.

Will was heard cheering and chuckling in the distance and I knew that barring a mistake from him or running out of fuel, that was it... last place .

I thought at the time that GBGPL had enough top places to be secure with a points win, but thought I would at least get the whale to the finish and score some points. Turns out that they might have been some very valuable points as we only just took the points victory.

Big thanks to GBGPL for a great race and apologies for the confusion at the start over servers.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2009, 11:43:55 PM +0100 »

Apologies to GBGPL for the confusion over servers, with all the UKGPL server masters present I assumed that the server had been sorted when the Clubmans server was started and the Clubmans drivers were asked to join.  Normally I'd hang around to make sure, but I needed to work on my setup for the Clubmans race.

However it was my responsibility, and I'm sorry that we weren't able to sort it out in time for all the drivers who were going to take part.  Many thanks to Fulvio for providing the race server.

Congratulations to Roo on the win, it was another very close race, and with the final score at 65-60 another finisher would have won the team race for GBGPL.

petestenning

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2009, 11:18:12 AM +0100 »

Firstly thank you UKGPL for the chance to have teses kind of events.

Big Grats to Roo and Bosse, for taking the top two spots.

I am sure that having taken a BRM for GBGPL s first Pro season this year and having manage to keep the same race engine all year without a blow up i was sure i could get the Cooper to the end.

How ever i did enjoy my 1 1/2 laps before it went pop with no warning .

I will try again after some 6 weeks of trying to get the new server i rent to run GPL it comes up with a message when i try to start GPL that a file is missing which is not even in my  system .

When i run VROC the remote server drop down is greyed out , anyone a clue as to why ?
I am talking the server screen not in VROC itself .

Thanks for the race .

Pete
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 30, 2009, 12:04:38 PM +0100 »

Pete I think I had the same problem on T7 server. If your remote server hasn't a 3D GFX installed and so neither Directx you can't run GPL in D3D mode but only in Software mode. Software mode doesn't run on Remote Desktop and it shows an error like you said. You have to connect to the console screen via VNC or other remote control program to launch GPL in sw mode and it will run only at full screen.

I'm not sure to have understood the Vroc problem ??

Hope it helps.

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
roo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2015, 06:05:40 PM +0100 »

Sorry to bump such an old thread but I'm hoping someone might be able to help me by posting this replay somehow, somewhere?
Would also like the Kyalami race from your season 16 if poss'?

I noticed I have a 'record' here already & don't have these races in my archive.

Cheers,
roo

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2015, 06:48:18 PM +0100 »

Sorry Roo, the oldest replays I can find on UKGPL server are season 19

Maybe you can mail Fulvio Policardi for these replays as he hosted these races.

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 05:32:47 PM +0000 »

Hi Roo

I have a copy of the server replay for the Kyalami race (Season 16 Round 7) you can download it via this link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/jl7ny3.

I'm sorry but I don't have a copy of this race (Season 17 Round 9).  As Cookie has said the best person to try would be Fulvio Policardi as he looked after the T7 server (I didn't have admin access to the T7 server). I'm not sure how much success you will have, the T7 website (http://www.team7racing.net/) hasn't been updated for some time.

Regards

Phil
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 08:54:31 PM +0000 »

Wow, I might *might* have a copy of this race replay lurking somewhere, I rarely dumped any older race replays so I'll have a dig this week and see whether I can find it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com