Quarterly cost: �0

April 30, 2024, 10:18:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4466CA Salzburgring

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter the Season 22 GT Team Challenge?
Yes, expect 75% or more attendance - 19 (82.6%)
Yes, expect less than 75% attendance - 4 (17.4%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 22 GT Team Challenge Registration  (Read 12398 times)
1967driver
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2011, 06:50:24 AM +0000 »

In exception at actual rules, i ask the moderators to be able to replace the 3 Gt40 Mk II, purchased for the championship, with as many Porsche 910, to be used for the remaining 8 races.
I accept immediate penalty for the violation of the rule g) or, alternatively, to have cleared the points scored in two races played so far.
Paul, if you want to drive your favorite car, get busy and put a good word for my request ...  Grin
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 23, 2012, 03:50:16 AM +0000 »

Due to a change in circumstances (new PC) I shall be returning to GT's as FPS issues are no longer.......a problem.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Roberto Vianna

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 25, 2012, 08:40:39 AM +0000 »

Good morning, gentlemen!
 Sorry for my rudeness just now, I can not tell you that most part of the life history of this championship, because my work schedule.
 It's a shame not to participate in such an important competition, a huge loss for my learning.
 My thanks for the welcome in this league.
 Hugs!
tornado33

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2012, 02:46:38 PM +0000 »

Hey all,

just voted with over 75% attendance to take part, my friend Samb races in this championship so thought it would  be some good fun to join in.  Never played GPL before let alone the GT mod so really not bothered at all about what car I should use just want to have some fun ^^ I have played plenty of other racing sims.  Would love to join in on tonights race, not sure what I am needed to do to be able, probably should start with reading the rules  I'll be sitting at my pc all day doing work so I can quickly reply to any PMs and also i'll make sure i am connected to the chat lobby of the practice server aswell.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2012, 04:02:17 PM +0000 »

Hi Tornado.... welcome to UKGPL.

You are more than welcome to join in the fun, although if you have not had much practice with the GPL GT cars before, you may find them a handful. Most of the GT's will be doing 1:27's or better around Mosport which gives you an idea of the pace to aim at. I presume that you have downloaded and installed all of the relevant software /updates/ mod files for GPL and have it running on your PC.  I also suggest that you join one of our practice servers on IGOR to test your on-line connection before you try to use it in anger. Wink Samb can probably point you in the right direction for most things.

Of all the classes that we run in UKGPL the GT's ( and I include the Porsche Cup series in that) are the only ones where races are proper "Team" events. Which means that drivers have to a part of an existing team set up at the begiining of the season in order to participate. We tried using reserves last season and things got a little confusing when some reserve drove for different teams throughout the season. 

I suggest that you study the rules and regs for the GT series ( here https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9981.0) plus the other classes, and take a look on Igor this afternoon , there will almost certainly be some of our guys using on of the servers for practice and you are more than welcome to join in and try out the GT's on-line.

I obviously have no idea of how fast you might be, nor do I know what experience you have with GPL but if you want to get some racing fun, I recommend that you start with the 65 GP cars and the very new F2's. Both of these classes generate very fast and close racing and many newcomers start with these and graduate to the 66's, 67's 69's and the GT's ( although not necessarily in that order!! or indeed to all of them).

Watch out for UKGPL practice servers on IGOR where you can join and get a feel of what level you are at. At UKGPL we always try to group drivers of the same ability into the same races so that everyone enjoys close racing with people of more or less equal ability. There is always plenty of advice available if you have any questions about car setups or anything to do with setting up GPL on your computer etc...people who are far more knowledeable than me.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
tornado33

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2012, 09:13:11 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the reply mr EvilClive, probably a good idea that i become more familiar with the physics engine ^^ i think  i shall spend some time with the 65 cars maybe take part in a few races Smiley
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2012, 12:12:25 AM +0000 »

Hi Tornado - if you are as fast as Sam then you will be best in the Pros on Tuesdays!

Let me know if you want any details about the series we run. We are a good bunch and we enjoy racing and chatting about it after.

Any issues with installing the game and utilities - let me know and I can help out.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2012, 11:49:21 PM +0000 »

Clive I need the right number of laps to set T7 server for next race on Sunday cause I think 45 laps would be too much.  Shocked  Grin
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2012, 12:29:17 AM +0000 »

I'm setting T7 server for Edmonton race, but 45 laps would be too much. 30 laps would be ok with 1'40" a lap?
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com