Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 01:01:34 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood Revival 2014  (Read 5708 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2014, 08:28:19 PM +0000 »

I know it is still 7 months away but who is interested in meeting up this year, either for a day or for the whole weekend?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 10:21:41 PM +0000 »

This is becoming a bit of an institution in my diary.

Hopefully it won't rain so much.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2014, 01:17:43 AM +0000 »

I will be there. I have to hand the trophy over  Grin
I would only go for a day, not sure which one, but I'm thinking about the Friday.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2014, 10:54:09 AM +0000 »

I am undecided about what to do this year.

There were discussions last year about all booking onto the same remote campsite? and sharing transport to and from the circuit as a "more economical" weekend??  I'm easy about what we do, but I just hope we get a dry weekend...last year was a trifle damp.

Rank   Only when I sweat
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2014, 07:54:42 PM +0000 »

This time I am planning on making an appearance...
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 09:47:33 AM +0000 »

Grin it will be good to see you again Tim.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2014, 11:03:21 PM +0000 »

I'm considering going there, also thanks to Paul for suggesting it. I've never been there, when friends at simracing.nl did go, so it's still on my to do list.

If and when I do go, if finances allow, it will be prolly for a weekend, and I will rather take the boat than fly, which I hate. Need to do some research first, would like to camp there. Would be fun to meet some UKGPL guys there for real Wink

Driving for Antipasti Racing

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2014, 01:28:34 PM +0000 »

I hope you can make it Robert, I have been for the past 2 years and even though last year the rain and wind were horrendous, those cars were still great to watch.

I hope we can increase the numbers who go again this year.......slowly we are getting more simracers to meet in the real world.  Grin

I am about to book my tickets guys, probably for the whole weekend again. But, if we are going to arrange to all be on the same ( and cheaper!!) campsite away from Goodwood and share transport into the circuit each day, I am happy to go with that idea. At least we can all relax in the evenings with a beer and discuss the finer points of differential technology and setups ....or the state of the world economy?  Roll Eyes or just fall over Grin.

I know that some have suggested that they will only go for a single day this year and will not be staying overnight, so do we have any ideas about who is or who is not going/staying.

I only ask because, if I am going to be the only guy staying for a few nights, I will probably book onto the Official campsite and save myself the hassle of commuting from outside the circuit and those spaces go quickly. Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2014, 01:15:27 AM +0000 »

Cheers Clive,

will have to bring a few duct tape rolls then for making/keeping my low budget iglo-tent water resistant!

Suppose I need to make a decision soon, would be fun to hangout and camping close together, that would be my preference. I'd prefer a weekend ticket with general admission, and then camp outside Goodwood as Clive suggested, and organize food/drinks ourselves!? I must try to keep it as low-budget as possible, need to travel as well, backpacking, boat/fly. Anyway, I'm seriously interested, actually never been on the British Isle's Wink

At least we can all relax in the evenings with a beer and discuss the finer points of differential technology and setups ....or the state of the world economy?  Roll Eyes or just fall over Grin.

Exactly, should be fun  laugh Do you guys also dress old-fashioned style going there?

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2014, 12:01:33 PM +0000 »

Hey Robert!  Most ordinary spectators do not dress especially, but many try not to look too modern.  I think those who pay extra to get close to the cars, have a dress code during activities?

If you have not seen England, Goodwood has a small city attached, you should see if there is time.  Chichester was started by the Romans, who raced Chariots at Goodwood, when it had trees.  There's a large 1000 year old Cathedral, and some good dunkels nearby.  
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 04:18:07 PM +0000 »

Thanks Martin, what's a dunkel?

Did some more research, going with a ferry would be too complicated. Best option would be to fly from Amsterdam to Gatwick, and going with the train/car to Amsterdam. Paul suggested to pick me up at Gatwick airport. Sadly they don't fly from Eelde, Groningen to Gatwick, that would be the best.

On the other hand, I have a lot of other priorities ATM, so really have to overthink if I can afford such a trip, even though I'd like it very much. So, please guys, make your decisions without regard of my decision, which could be late(r)...

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2014, 05:50:52 PM +0000 »

Thanks Martin, what's a dunkel? 

A dunkel is what a dunkopf calls a dark beer.  I leaned many words when I lived in Germany, bat my ears were not good at spelling them! 

In the 21st century, we are fortunate to have a way, to race the cars we choose, in the age we choose, on the tracks that they'd use, in sunny weather.  And usually, we do not need, planes, trains, or more than one wheel to race Internationally.  One good Server is enough.  Goodwood each year is used, mostly to test the accuracy of new GPL mods in development.  Wink
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2014, 04:54:15 PM +0000 »

I see, I love to drink special beers, mostly heavy Belgian abbey beers Wink Knew "dunkel" means dark, my German is respectable...

Again, love to go to Goodwood Revival this year, but as I said I have some other priorities...in the coming months a complete restauration of my bad teeth which will prolly cost me hundreds of euro's...apart from that want to improve my house, a new computer and upgrading my bicycle, and a solid girlfriend...and I don't have a paying job right now...trying/looking for setting up a trading business, but need money for starting up that as well...

It's basically all about the money...all the things I could do if I had a little money...  Wink

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2014, 07:21:33 PM +0000 »

I am planning to book my tickets for the whole Goodwood Revival weekend over the next few days and have been in touch with Billy (no-brakes) about his plans.

In previous years I have stayed on the Goodwood campsite which is just great, because there is no driving involved to and from the track each day, and no traffic queues to negotiate. But that comes at a premium rate...actually it comes at an extortionate rate!!.

Last year Billy and I were discussing where he had camped before, which is a couple of miles away on a private site with bar and food facilities (http://www.parkholidays.com/chichester-lakeside-caravan-holiday-park-west-sussex?gclid=CKzFyajfo70CFYWWtAod7DIABw) and he suggested that it might be good to get all those who were going to Goodwood to stay at the same place so that we could enjoy some convivial evenings together, with a little light lubrication.

So, it might be possible to negotiate a discount rate at this particular site if we can block book a few pitches together. Are there any other members who are contemplating going this year and who would want camping facilities and noisy neighbours?

I am intending to arrive Thursday pm and leave Monday a.m staying for 4 nights and avoid all of the traffic chaos on those days, plus it means I do not miss any of the Friday action putting up a tent.  Wink

I am willing to try and extract a discount for the camping if we can generate enough interest and I can offer them a few bookings............... anyone interested???

Rank   Only when I sweat
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2014, 09:51:26 PM +0000 »

Sounds like a plan.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: