Quarterly cost: �0

April 27, 2024, 03:32:43 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 22 Intermediates Chassis Selection  (Read 7533 times)
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 18, 2011, 12:19:34 AM +0100 »

The Intermediates Trophy will use a chassis allocation style handicap. Drivers will be allocated a chassis group which will be used to determine the chassis they can drive for the season. Once they have been allocated a group they must use a chassis from that group for the entire season unless the moderator has permitted or requested a change. Drivers will have a choice of chassis from within their group which can vary from race to race. The faster the driver, the fewer (and slower) chassis that they will be able to select.

It is to be hoped that the Intermediates, like the Novices, will be a close championship. We do keep an eye on chassis allocation throughout the season, and people in a chassis that is too fast or too slow for them will be reviewed as the season progresses.

The chassis will be split into five groups as below. Drivers will have free choice of ANY chassis within their group:

Group I
Lotus, Ferrari, BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 2
BRM, Honda, BT11, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 3
BT11, Cooper, BT7

GROUP 4
Cooper, BT7

GROUP 5
BT7

Since drivers have a free choice within their group, they will need to consider, on a circuit by circuit basis which car will best suit their needs. Control and a reliable setup may be more important than outright speed.

We will maintain a table with Chassis groups here, which we will expand as the registrations come in. Please feel free to post your chassis or group choice here.

FULL TIME
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS GROUP  
Cookie
Du Fossa
Vosblod
Geoff 65
Maddog
JonnyO
Francesco
Rainier
RonniePeterson
Karliss
S2173
Bernie
Ross Neilson

RESERVE
DRIVER  
 CHASSIS GROUP
Steve Bird
ivandjj
maestro57

Feel free to discuss the chassis allocations in this thread, but if anybody feels that they, or somebody else, has been grouped incorrectly then contact Cookie or Badblood by PM or post below.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:50:30 AM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 01:32:12 AM +0100 »

Well done Paul, thanks. thumbup2

I will try to do this season in only one chassis.
I learned in last season, if you know a car with all its good and bad sides, your drivng improves a lot.

Greetings

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 04:38:00 PM +0100 »

Feel free to discuss the chassis allocations in this thread, but if anybody feels that they, or somebody else, has been grouped incorrectly then contact Cookie or Badblood by PM or post below.

Once again like in the Porsche Cup I am indeed flattered by my chassis allocation for the Intermediates Trophy.

I assume its based on my championship winning year in the Novices. Hold on, that would be JonnyO and Axel (who only missed out on a technicality). I have never won the Novices. After finishing a distant 3rd in Season 20, I moved up to Pro at the gentle persuasion of the mods, to make way for new drivers wanting slots in the Novices.

I know, it must be because of the number of race wins I have in the 65's in the last two seasons. But wait, I have none. Unlike JonnyO, Axel, Karliss, Dave Rainier and Tim.

It must be my GPLRank/GPL65Ranks. Maybe not as Bernie and Sky kick my ass in the GPL67 rankings and where they are available, my GPL65 ranks are not the best of the crop of drivers in the intermediate group. I can only guess what Axel and Dave's rankings are?

Don't misunderstand, the above is meant to be tongue in cheek. I'm happy to race in the BT11, Cooper or BT7 and I'm not demanding for anyone else to be moved (except Martin who clearly belongs in Group 5!!!). But it does seem a little harsh when some clearly fast(er) drivers/Novice champions and runners up have the choice of faster machinery, including the Lotus and Ferrari, at their disposal.

Nonetheless, the Intermediates is a great idea. Fingers crossed this is up and running for the start of the season. Thanks.

Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 06:19:15 PM +0100 »

I think the previous seasons Novice Champion, at least, should be moved up a notch. Perhaps even the series podium winners, but definitely the Champ must go up.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 06:39:16 PM +0100 »

I think Jonny and Cookie are on the cusp of 1/2 but I think Ronnie is a definite three based on experience and consistency. There is an argument that none of you should be in Group 1 but let's see who joins because it is all relative. Any more stirring from naughty Antipodeans will result in swift banishment to Group V!  Grin

Seriously, let me know if you think the groups are wrong, they are based on 'gut' feel and a quick look at last season's race results but it is hard to assess last year's Pro against Novices.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 07:14:31 PM +0100 »

Just trying to stir up some healthy pre season rivalry Paul, hopefully its working. I'm happy with the allocations made for everyone thus far. The BT7 is a great drive and the BT11 plenty fast enough for me. Just can't wait to get started.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2011, 08:18:31 PM +0100 »

No offense to Ronnie, but IMO Axel is the quicker driver at the moment, so the groups don't make sense to me. OK, maybe not in 65s, but I would put that down to lack of preparation rather than sheer pace potential.

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2011, 08:24:55 PM +0100 »

No offence taken Hristo and I appreciate the extra pressure you have just heaped on Axel!
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2011, 09:00:45 PM +0100 »

Are there really only 6 drivers in this division?

Jason Blito
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 12:29:27 AM +0100 »

Are there really only 6 drivers in this division?
Eleven full timers at the last count Jason.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 09:40:16 AM +0100 »

As I am in the discussed group, I let Paul do this selection.

Ronnie when we where racing together in Porkas you regulary was faster in Quali and in Race we were mostly close together.

As S21 was my very first season with the 65s and I never had used these cars before, I still have a lot to learn.

I mentioned in the first post to keep my car alll the season, but I have not yet decided wich car, but it will definitely be no Lotus.

Axel "Cookie"

Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 10:18:06 PM +0100 »

Could you tell me in which chassis group I will be ?

thnx Wink

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 10:50:05 PM +0100 »

thnx Wink
Group 1 means: you have absolute freedom for each race to take whatever car you want  Wink
Group 2 means: You just can't use a Lotus or Ferrari

Axel "Cookie"

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 12:49:20 AM +0100 »

thnx Wink
Group 1 means: you have absolute freedom for each race to take whatever car you want  Wink
Group 2 means: You just can't use a Lotus or Ferrari
I think Dave is waiting for the updated driver list to show which grouping he has been allocated to.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2011, 01:08:31 AM +0100 »

Sorry - I have been a very busy boy. I will update the list tomorrow night after I have read the messages moaning about the groups...

You are pretty good David but I don't have a lot to go on but Gp 3 I think at the moment. Cookie is going to be Gp 2 for the time being.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 01:17:14 AM +0100 by BadBlood » Logged

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com