Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 04:19:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2367W Zandvoort: September 02, 2012
September 02, 2012, 10:43:26 PM +0100 - Zandvoort (1948-72) - UKGPL Season 23 (2012) Works Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 2 +0.135
110.962mph
1 50:11.531
109.000mph
35 1:24.752
110.661mph
Firestone  
Artiglietti

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 1 1:24.387
111.140mph
2 +10.640
108.616mph
35 1:25.001
110.337mph
Goodyear  
Podkrecony_Ziutek
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 6 +1.576
109.102mph
3 +52.685
107.126mph
35 1:25.960
109.106mph
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 5 +1.522
109.171mph
4 +1:01.739
106.810mph
35 1:26.261
108.725mph
Goodyear  
Arf Arf Arf
 Team Baarf
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 7 +1.816
108.799mph
5 +1:02.309
106.790mph
35 1:25.973
109.090mph
Goodyear  
s2173
 Team7
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 9 +2.283
108.212mph
6 +1L
104.748mph
34 1:27.450
107.247mph
Goodyear  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +3.065
107.245mph
7 +3.061
104.643mph
34 1:27.857
106.750mph
Firestone  
Doni Yourth

BRM P115 F1 1967 12 +4.430
105.597mph
8 +15.616
104.213mph
34 1:28.312
106.200mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 8 +2.256
108.246mph
9 +22.883
103.966mph
34 1:27.622
107.037mph
Firestone  
john roberts

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 10 +2.287
108.207mph
10 +32L
100.455mph
3 1:27.959
106.627mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Baab
 Team Baarf
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 3 +1.044
109.782mph
11 +34L
59.409mph
1 2:37.442
59.570mph
Disco
Goodyear  
AndyL

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 4 +1.135
109.665mph
12 +35L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
Gpg UKGPL

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 13 13 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

On the face of it, another walk in the park for Hristo. Look a little closer and it becomes clearer that Attilio would have mounted a strong challenge but for the mess at Tarzan on the first lap. Following the two pacesetters into third place was Bartosz who got his first podium of the season.

Server replay time: 0h00m55s

Attilio touches the grass at Tarzan and spins in front of the pack. In the ensuing chaos, Bob and Andy sustain heavy damage and are forced to retire. A few of the other drivers are also involved but manage to continue their race.

Server replay time: 0h01m02s

Attilio drives back towards the racing line as he recovers from the indicent at Tarzan. He is not fully in control and as such moves right a little, just as Ronnie also tries to take the racing line.

Any driver recovering from an incident should take care, but in this case Attilio could not see any drivers in front of him so it was reasonable for him to try to resume his race on the line. Ronnie did nothing wrong either and was merely trying to get on with his race and avoid other cars.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 23 (2012) Works Trophy (67) - Zandvoort (1948-72) - Sep 2  (Read 9104 times)
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 01:45:15 PM +0100 »

A tiring race as usual on this track. I couldn't quite do a perfect lap in Qualifying and thus ended up 2nd on the grid, but was expecting to be able to challenge Attilio during the race, although tires were always going to be an issue, especially with a car as heavy as the Honda.

I dropped the revs too much at the start, but managed to keep 2nd on the run down to T1, then saw Attilio go off on time and reacted by taking the inside line, avoiding any carnage that happened soon after. Much to my surprise Attilio had continued and was in 2nd place, just 4 seconds back, so there was no time to relax.

The car was handling really well early on and once Attilio had his off, the gap increased over 10 seconds, just in time for my tire issues. The issues were bigger than expected though and that resulted into a full spin, costing me 9-10 seconds. The gap was back down to 5-6 seconds, but the car handling improved enough for me to start doing some fast consistent laps that helped me increase my lead.

I had 2 offs at T1 but without losing too much time, maybe 1-2 seconds at most, but then right at the end of the race, with a gap of around 15 seconds over 2nd place, the tires were really on fire apparently, and it was next to impossible to put the power down, so I was fortunate enough that the race was about to end. It turned out I had fuel for 12 more laps, so that probably played a role, but overall I'm not sure I could have dealt with Attilio had he not spun at T1 after the start.

Grats to all who finished this exhausting race!

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 09:09:14 PM +0100 »

Congrats to the podium of Hristo, Art and Pod.

Considering the mindless violence at T1 this race was very enjoyable.  Having survived the worst of the mayhem I was just about to set off in second place after Hristo when Art came back for seconds and spun me round in his haste to catch Hristo himself. Such is life so I got my head down and tried to make up a few positions.  Clive was a sitting duck down the straight, with his Honda seemingly underpowered. Having got into third a spin gave Pod the spot and try as I could he would not be caught. More of a concern now was Arf who was clearly faster. He should have got me before the end but must have made a mistake which gave me the breathing space to hang on for fourth spot.

Zandvoort is weird. I don't like the track but always enjoy the racing here? Yeah I don't understand that either. See you all at the next round.
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 11:16:22 PM +0100 »

Having survived the worst of the mayhem I was just about to set off in second place after Hristo when Art came back for seconds and spun me round in his haste to catch Hristo himself. Such is life so I got my head down and tried to make up a few positions. 

Surely so, Ronnie, I came after you and spun you to take back second place  Grin Grin. I was in a haste to get out of there of course, but truth is had you kept a straight line instead of cutting across the track, you wouldnt have spun yourself by hitting the front of my car. I couldnt have avoided you erven if I had had the time to actually brake or steer. I can tell you couldnt see I was there, still dont lay the blame at my doorstep, if on anyone, that one is frankly on you. I would suggest people flick to other driver's cockpit view when watching replays, at least before posting their comments on here.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 09:32:25 AM +0100 »

Strange, I posted a report and it did not appear. All the writing for nothing!

Well, I won't repeat all again, but just want to say it's been a very tough race, with Art having the upper hand in Qualifying, although I never quite managed to put in a really clean lap. The start was not so good as my revs dropped down, but with Art doing his half spin at T1 and everyone else behind me getting tangled up with him, I was handed over the lead. Much to my surprise it was still Art in 2nd when I got the pitboard information, just 4 seconds behind.

From there on it was pushing on the limit all the way, but as expected, the tires played their role. I had 2 offs at T1 and one major spin on the exit of the long right-hander in the middle of the lap, losing 9-10 seconds in the process. Fortunately for me Art also had some issues so the gap kept fluctuating between 5 and 15 seconds. Near the end the rear tires were so hot that I could hardly put the power down at all, so I lost a lot of time there, but then the chequered flag took care of everything. Turned out I had fuel for 12 laps more, so that must have been a factor as well, but I don't think I would have had an answer for Art had he not lost the lead early on.

Grats to all finishers, it's been a tough race here as usual!

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 05:14:38 PM +0100 »

Having survived the worst of the mayhem I was just about to set off in second place after Hristo when Art came back for seconds and spun me round in his haste to catch Hristo himself. Such is life so I got my head down and tried to make up a few positions.  

Surely so, Ronnie, I came after you and spun you to take back second place  Grin Grin. I was in a haste to get out of there of course, but truth is had you kept a straight line instead of cutting across the track, you wouldnt have spun yourself by hitting the front of my car. I couldnt have avoided you erven if I had had the time to actually brake or steer. I can tell you couldnt see I was there, still dont lay the blame at my doorstep, if on anyone, that one is frankly on you. I would suggest people flick to other driver's cockpit view when watching replays, at least before posting their comments on here.

I have looked at it from several views and I have to disagree with you. You messed up and then you messed up again, in my opinion. But you still drove a great race to finish second. Let the mods decide if they choose to look at it. Personally I have moved on from this one. No hard feelings on my part.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 05:23:10 PM +0100 by Ronniepeterson » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 05:32:48 PM +0100 »

The server replay is here

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:05 PM +0100 »

The server replay is here

You must be reading my mind, I was just going to ask for it!  Shocked

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 10:56:26 PM +0100 »

Surely so, Ronnie, I came after you and spun you to take back second place  Grin Grin. I was in a haste to get out of there of course, but truth is had you kept a straight line instead of cutting across the track, you wouldnt have spun yourself by hitting the front of my car. I couldnt have avoided you erven if I had had the time to actually brake or steer. I can tell you couldnt see I was there, still dont lay the blame at my doorstep, if on anyone, that one is frankly on you. I would suggest people flick to other driver's cockpit view when watching replays, at least before posting their comments on here.

I have looked at it from several views and I have to disagree with you. You messed up and then you messed up again, in my opinion. But you still drove a great race to finish second. Let the mods decide if they choose to look at it. Personally I have moved on from this one. No hard feelings on my part.

If you are talking about the contact between you and Art on the exit of T1 after the start, IMO it was a racing incident. Art's fault was losing traction under acceleration and although he caught that on time, it still positioned him a bit closer to the right. Your fault was accelerating diagonally across the track disregarding Art could still be overlapping you on the left.

Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 12:40:58 AM +0100 »

Well, I hadnt even registered this thing before you mentioned it in your comment, so no, no hard feelings  Grin. As for the mods, they will certainly look into this, especially now you took such a good care to highlight it Wink. Still, I would be surprised if you managed to scrape another place through this, I hit the gas when you havent entered my field of view  (it can be seen by the rev counter), when you do, I am still catching the car trying to go straight at minimum revs and we collide because you are cutting across, otherwise the contact wouldnt have happened. All of that happens in one single second, so I would need to be given a convincing alternative behaviour to adopt in that kind of time frame, you know for future instances of similar situations  Grin Grin. Take it easy Ronnie, see you at the next one.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 05:15:09 PM +0100 »

To H and Art.

Art spun at turn 1, it could happen to anyone. But, he has brought the entire field, bar yourself, to a standstill, some permanently!!! Bearing in mind the guidelines on etiquette, he could wait and let the remaining cars through before recovering and rejoining the race, some people would.

"Rejoining the race
When rejoining the race after an incident or having left the track, rejoining drivers should stay off the racing line and give way to faster cars until they are fully up to speed. Rejoining drivers should not attempt to keep anyone behind them until they are fully up to speed. Any driver who rejoins a race and, owing to negligence, causes another car to crash or take severe avoiding action, will be penalised."

But he decides not to and instead sets off in pursuit of you no matter what or who happens to be in his way. To suggest that I got in Art's way and spun myself around... maybe I should report myself LOL. 

I hardly mentioned the incident in my original post compared to your original forum comment. I have not reported any incident and have no intention of doing so. As you pointed out yourself, the mods will probably look at this because it was a lap 1/ turn 1 incident, not my decision. My comment of  "when Art came back for seconds and spun me round in his haste to catch Hristo himself. Such is life so I got my head down and tried to make up a few positions." is hardly a cry for a gain in position at your expense.

As for your comments on "scraping places and take it easy, they could be interpreted as arrogant and condescending so I will ignore them.

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 05:25:59 PM +0100 »

The rules about rejoining is if you have went off the track. Obviously Art didn't and he's not obliged to just wait until everyone passes him. I don't know what kind of etiquette you demand about this, but it's not in the rules and since we're racing in a championship, not just for fun, you don't have to let anyone through out of guilt if you don't want to. It's not like he caused the accident on purpose, he just made a mistake and spun in T1. What happened afterwards was not 100% his fault though.

It was a simple racing incident where one driver loses control and the other assumes the road is clear. I don't see how you can dismiss your fault in what happened just like that.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 05:28:41 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 05:59:10 PM +0100 »

In my opinion and how I interpret the guidelines, you don't have to be off track to rejoin a race! Last words on this one guys, I at least really have moved on.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 06:30:03 PM +0100 »

In my opinion and how I interpret the guidelines, you don't have to be off track to rejoin a race! Last words on this one guys, I at least really have moved on.

What is meant by rejoining a race then, I'm puzzled by your interpretation. If you're still on the track and especially if you're pointing in the right direction, what do you do, let everyone through before you accelerate? Move off track? Seriously, no logic at all...

Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:20 PM +0100 »

Lol, rather timely late afternoon forum check, you are all here  Grin Grin!

Ronnie, you seem to be ignoring a lot of my post, including, rather conveniently, the description of what actually happened (in a nutshell, when I see you are cutting across me, it is late to do anything about it..). Maybe your problem is with what I did in the second before that? As I assume you are not suggesting I should have sat in the middle of the track whilst I kept being kicked from behind, I am kindly left with the option of taking to the grass and wait for the field to go by. Can you give me one single example of someone actually doing that?  Because I have been rammed out, wiped off on a straight, involved in other people's accidents more than once in my racing, and not one single time I have seen the guy at guilt (?) slowing down to hand back a position. I dont expect that, and, actually, the rules even discourage it, suggesting to get on with your racing on safety grounds. 

Besides, the bits of the rules you are quoting apply in this case to pretty much the entire field, as they all have been involved in an incident and are trying to rejoin. This of course includes you, why havent you taken care to assess no one was there when you cut across the track to take the racing line  Grin Grin?

As Hristo said, this is obviously a racing incident between two drivers scampering away from a massive mayhem, unaware of each other presence until it is too late. Of all the people involved, you are the only one being anal about this incident, which in the end hasnt even damaged your car or your race results. That is maybe why I can sound condescending. Arrogant, me? Never  nono Grin Grin
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2012, 07:45:35 AM +0100 »

Sorry for the incorrect replay link, I've fixed that now. Thanks to Axel for helping out on that one.

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com