Quarterly cost: �0

April 26, 2024, 06:55:28 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tyre wear and pitstops now available in GPL??!!  (Read 1793 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: October 23, 2013, 08:30:08 PM +0100 »

I am sure some of you must have known about this and kept quiet lol!! Roll Eyes Wink

http://www.eolc.de/Olaf_Lehmann/pitstop3.7z    The guys over at EOLC appear to have been working on something rather cool.... at least I think so. It is clearly aimed at PRO level races which are long enough for the various aspects to work.

This might be a suitable challenge for some fun races over the Christmas Break.

From what I can gather, this patch simulates tyre wear and allows cars to stop in the pits and have new tyres fitted without Shift/R. also running off the track and performing a Shift/R will make your tyres dirty and you will restart with less grip. Plus a S/R might also result in a dodgy gear box with one or more gears failing to work!!

There is a choice of hard or soft tyres which will wear differently, and excessive wheelspin or locking of brakes accelerates the wear process.

I have not yet quite got my head around all of it, but it looks like it only works with the 60fps version and any server has to be preloaded with the extra software stuff so that all cars are included.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 11:18:42 PM +0100 »

It would be useful for those interested, to see where this item is available from.  Is it experimental, or fully tested and safe to use?  What instructions or warnings are presented?  I'm guessing it was created by Brr, who made the 60fps patches.  He's not currently active, and his creations tend to be experimental and unfinished.

A proper safe pitstop patch has been experimented with, in connection with future Mods.  But it has no realistic purpose in 1960's racing.  Tyres were durable enough to survive 2 hours of racing, in almost all circumstances.  An F1 pitstop for a puncture could be a 1m30secs, to 3min affair, so not recommended. Undecided 

1960's tyres were hard rubber.  There was no soft compound, so that aspect in this .xml is pure fantasy.  Fun to try - maybe?  Helpful to racers online - not this one !
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:37:47 PM +0100 »

Yes!
"This might be a suitable challenge for some fun races over the Christmas Break."  Grin

This patch is made by Olaf Lehmann and in final state...
There is no more choice of hard or soft tyres
A second or third S/R  results in a dodgy gear box with one or more gears failing to work but can be healed by a pitstop.

Just download it and use the readme

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 10:17:39 PM +0100 »

I think Cookie is correct.
 It has been developed by Olaf Lehmann (and I know nothing about him), possibly from Brrr's original idea but I have no knowledge of that either.

I know that there is a certain antipathy regarding pitstops in UKGPL and I am not proposing that this should be adopted for any serious league racing. But, if there is a cumulative effect over multiple S/R's which can only be corrected by making a pitstop, (the length of which is presumably determined by the level of damage)  it might be fun to try in a fun race or two.
 I would certainly be interested if it will run with the GT's around somewhere like Le Mans in a long race format.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 04:04:28 PM +0000 »

This could be quite useful, when the 50s mods come out Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com