Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 09:05:38 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2667F2 Brands Hatch: March 30, 2014
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 26 (2014) Formula Two Trophy - Brands Hatch - Mar 30  (Read 6193 times)
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2014, 07:09:49 PM +0100 »

Sorry about the race length on T7-2 (Group B server).  Billy normally starts the races but he couldn't make it so I started the server.

I picked Int Long which I think should be 24 laps (race post said 25) but the server was set to 32.  I don't have VNC access to can't change season.ini for race length, so I had to leave it at 32 laps.  Tried to warn everyone in chat but some people missed the message and ran out of fuel.

Bill is divisional moderator, he might decide to adjust the race results to finish at 25 laps.
If we do this it is probably easier to import and then adjust the times in SRou rather than try to edit the GPLRA export and/or the html results.

AFAIK only Roberto forgot to add fuel. Wouldn't be fair to others that ran with more fuel to adjust results to 25 laps. Roberto could have used shift-r  in Druids for example, and still lead the race, but he chose to save fuel and went off at some point losing the lead...just saying... Wink

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2014, 07:16:29 PM +0100 »

Shift-R would require a SnG, thereby relinquishing the lead. Wink

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Roberto Teso

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 07:54:30 PM +0100 »

I do shift+ r and s&g, thi lead to lose my position.
By the way I haven't read chitchat before race, my fault?
If this is my fault I have to be punished.

I normally don't care of chat when racing that mend me to distract, but in race I'm well aware, when I see that can't arive to the finish line with my fuel I try to slow down to see were I can go, when I realize that was too late I start to try to understand how many laps of fuel I've onboard and this made me absent from track, finishing to hug Clark's turn barriers, so did a shift+r and s&g.

Yes, server was horrible yesterday as was in previous two races, this time I don't suffer too much, nobody to fight with, so not much trouble, but my friend Piero, for third time in a row, was discoed and he has a very good line and PC.

rt
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2014, 09:05:33 PM +0100 »

Other than that, whenever I got close to someone at the beginning of the race the warp was very severe, with disappearing cars for several seconds and then re-appearing when you least need it. Cloaking devices got installed in T7 and I'm very wary of the fact that no race we've run on that server has been clean in the last three rounds. It used to be very good, what's changed? When the field spread out it was fine, similarly when three cars quit on lap 1 the load lessened such that I could actually run this fine.

On a side note, I have a spare machine that I can build GPL on and run on my home internet service (UK FTTC @ 80Mb/20Mb) to test it on. Would this be welcome?

Maybe the NSA is watching our traffic eek

Your server would be very welcomed, if any help is needed just shout! 
Maybe just have some test sessions in IGOR Wink

I'll try and have something available for Wednesday evening to test with, as preparation for Mexico in 67s.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2014, 09:09:39 PM +0100 »

An extra practice Server would be great! Wink  It's clear there is a standard of service issue with T_7 this Season.  Everyone has noticed it.  I suggested exclusivity of use might be a factor.  No response given to that.  What else has been tried to try and regain a good service?  I've not yet had a race ruined, but we all will sometime, until action is taken
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:11:33 PM +0100 by maddog » Logged
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2014, 09:55:23 PM +0100 »

Shift-R would require a SnG, thereby relinquishing the lead. Wink

Didn't realize that, haven't done a shift-r yet in a race where a SnG is required  Wink

Anyway, it's a case of fundamental principle. I ran almost twice as much fuel as Roberto, not helping with the underpowered Cooper, arguably losing the chance to fight for the lead. We were all in the same boat, only Roberto forgot to add fuel...

Driving for Antipasti Racing

dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2014, 10:51:14 PM +0100 »

Then give us all a chance & roll it back to lap 16 or 17... Smiley

I joined qually session late & caught the last bit of the 'be sure to use enough fuel' comments.   I typically overfuel anyway (just in case; as my install a couple of years back seemed to require an additional 15-20% fuel for some reason).  Of course,  maybe my reset following a comedy car-tipping also helped slightly....

I'd not noticed the extra laps,   but had noticed that the remaining lap count did not seem to be going down much when in the 20's.

The warp/disappearing cars was a particular problem,  as others also noticed.   Particularly on lap1 into the hairpin.  All the other cars disappeared for quite a while.   Tried to keep to a fairly typical line in the approach/round there,   but the cars came back at the wrong moment & there was some contact.   I was then probably about last (of the *remaining* runners) & was just scrabbling around.     Tried to use the tow as much as possible every time I was lapped,    as there always seemed to be a threat close behind.

Again,   I was hearing what sounded like some scraping noises on the way round the back of the circuit.  Don't know what was going on there,  but I heard similar on the Friday outing to Mosport on the approach to Moss area.   Same setup & same noises;  maybe the factory forgot something?  Seemed ok at the other tracks though.   Huh

Overall, I lucked into the gained position due to misfortune of others.  But as a natural-heavy;  I'll happy enough with that!

Cheers,
Dave.

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2014, 01:07:39 AM +0100 »

Sorry to have missed the round, chaps.  I dozed off in the E-Z chair whilst watching the Indycar race.  Now...  Don't be cruel!  Smiley
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2014, 01:15:01 AM +0100 »

An extra practice Server would be great! Wink  It's clear there is a standard of service issue with T_7 this Season.  Everyone has noticed it.  I suggested exclusivity of use might be a factor.  No response given to that.  What else has been tried to try and regain a good service?  I've not yet had a race ruined, but we all will sometime, until action is taken

It is nothing to do with exclusivity of use. We have it to ourselves on Tuesday and Sunday. It has to be issues with the ISP. Unusable though so we are looking to make alternative plans.

Has anyone got a replay from Grid B last night as T7 declined to produce one. Same issue with the Historics. Sad

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2014, 07:44:04 AM +0100 »

Has anyone got a replay from Grid B last night as T7 declined to produce one. Same issue with the Historics. Sad

I joined qually late,  but  here is my replay - http://www.zen11259.zen.co.uk/gpl/replays/dcf2%20UKGPL%20s26_F2-groupB%20brands67%2030mar14.zip

I did perform a shift-R which does not show up in the GPLRA report;  but maybe because there was no damage (just tipped over at about 2 MPH!).

Cheers,
Dave.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:49:49 AM +0100 by dave curtis » Logged
natan5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2014, 10:37:47 AM +0100 »

As its concern my race and the accident with Axel. Stop complain about your discust !
As far as I can see in your replay I didnt touch you !So it wasnt my fault ,maybe it was yours .
So if you has some complains there is a way to do so .
I can say about you the same about your driving .

Best regards
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2014, 12:44:22 PM +0100 »

It is nothing to do with exclusivity of use. We have it to ourselves on Tuesday and Sunday. It has to be issues with the ISP. Unusable though so we are looking to make alternative plans.

Thanks - good to know something might be afoot.   With little knowledge, I do know that Server access during time reserved for Ukgpl, requires good behaviour from other users.  So worthwhile if you made mention of that.  I can't help wondering if Fulvio's non-presence has a part to play, in a poor service?

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2014, 09:00:30 PM +0100 »

So if you has some complains there is a way to do so .
Yes there is.  Please submit an incident report when the results are uploaded and the link appears.  The incident will be moderated fairly and hopefully we can all learn something.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2014, 01:51:41 PM +0100 »

Gentlemen,
After consulting with the Mod team we have concluded that the Brands Hatch race will have to be cancelled & re-run at a later date. As most of you will know there have been ongoing issues with the T7 server. In addition to connection problems on the night there is no available replay to upload the results.
Attendances have reduced slightly and the intention is to run the remaining races F2 as one combined grid for the remainder of the season, Hopefully, this will provide some closer racing at the front & back ends of the grid.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Marco Mercaldo

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2014, 02:17:27 PM +0100 »

Only group B will be cancelled ? , or group A also?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com