Quarterly cost: �0

April 29, 2024, 11:31:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4455GPP Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help with G25  (Read 1677 times)
fester

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2015, 04:25:28 PM +0000 »

When calibrating my G25 in GPL the throttle and brake have always been allocated to axis 2 and axis 3 respectively. Now both are allocated to axis 1 as though I have single axis pedals. When I calibrate the throttle both the axis 1 and axis 2 sliders both move and BRAKE appears alongside axis 1. When I calibrate the brake axis 1 and axis 3 sliders both move and THROTTLE BRAKE appears alongside axis 1. I've checked the settings and the single axis checkbox is not checked.

Can anyone help? I can't post on SRMZ.

I ache therefore I am
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 04:55:05 PM +0000 »

In the Windows Gamecontroller settings there is a checkbox for combined axles, uncheck it!

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
fester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 05:09:51 PM +0000 »

Sorry. I should have expressed myself better.

I've looked at the game controller setting and that box is not checked. It used to worked properly and I've changed no settings.

I ache therefore I am
fester

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:19:55 PM +0000 »

No changes I make on the settings page take effect. Force feedback has been turned off ( not by me ). When I try and turn it back on the "apply" button is never usable.

On the properties page the brake and throttle pedals work as if they are on separate axes.

When checking that buttons work on the properties page should the wheel move jerkily?

I ache therefore I am
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 07:43:29 PM +0000 »

When checking that buttons work on the properties page should the wheel move jerkily?

Yes Grin

You have also checked to let games override settings  Roll Eyes

Sometimes it is necessary to re select the buttons for the wheel in GPL itself

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
fester

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 07:58:47 PM +0000 »

Thanks for replying Axel.

The "allow game to adjust settings" box is checked. The thing is that I couldn't uncheck it even if I wanted to. No changes I make on the settings page can be applied. The "combined" box is not checked but GPL behaves as if it is.

I've got a horrible feeling that this is terminal  Angry

I ache therefore I am
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:07:42 PM +0000 »

Thanks for replying Axel.

The "allow game to adjust settings" box is checked. The thing is that I couldn't uncheck it even if I wanted to. No changes I make on the settings page can be applied. The "combined" box is not checked but GPL behaves as if it is.

I've got a horrible feeling that this is terminal  Angry

This is specific to the DFGT but may apply to the G25. If the Logitech Profiler's not been updated in a while try that, as it may enable some more options that the standard drivers do not offer. Within "Global Device Settings", for split axis, make sure the tick box "Report Combined Pedals" is unticked, and "Allow Game To Adjust Settings" is ticked. Note that any changes made within "Specific Game Settings" may not take effect unless the path to the specific gpl.exe is set. From my personal perspective, I don't use specific game settings, I just set a default and use that. That being said, GPL is the only racing game I presently play, so if you do need specific game settings, make sure the path to it is correct, as GEM+ and iGOR will use the modified exe rather than the original one, e.g. for 67s it will use gplc67.exe.

Hope this helps! Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
fester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 08:39:28 PM +0000 »

Thanks Jethro.

I don't use specific game settings either. I don't believe that the number pedal axes or the number degrees of wheel rotation can be set within GPL. The combined box isn't ticked but I only get single axis in GPL. The wheel rotation is set to 200 degrees and I can't change it. 200 degrees is what I get in GPL.

All I'd done since last successfully using the wheel was disconnect and reconnect it. Nothing was altered.

I ache therefore I am
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 11:38:58 PM +0000 »

Maybe delete & reinstall the G25 drivers?

Much like my shut down & restart approach to many computer problems.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
fester

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 10:36:04 PM +0000 »

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Logitec software. The results were different but it still didn't work so I bit the bullet and bought a G27 from PCWorld for £170. When I got it home I discovered that it's got a gaming port  connector rather than a USB. It that why it's cheap?

My PC doesn't have a gaming port but I could easily install one. Would it be technically inferior to a USB connector? My old F1Sim wheel used a gaming port and the G25 didn't make me quicker. I don't want the hassle of taking it back ( a long bus ride ) if I don't have to.

I ache therefore I am
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com