Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 10:22:23 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4455GPP Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  
Author Topic: death of a computer ?  (Read 16664 times)
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2015, 07:00:46 PM +0000 »

have tried F8 secure mode
have only 1 HDD connected atm 
Hdd is 1gig so think there is space for partition if only I could
HDD and DVD are in Blue headers

I can access command promt from f8 can see/change  directories , read /open files , have noticed HDD is allocated as :X drive , this was the title C drive on original ,maybe the puter like its owner doesn't know where to look for the OS .

can use safe mode and see drivers being loaded in so would assume the basic drivers are installed .

Is  it possible to make a boot disk from the win7 CD ?

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2015, 07:15:04 PM +0000 »

The Win7 CD must be bootable!

It should be possible to make an ISO from CD...

But you can download a W7 iso from MS direct!

Than get this and write it on an USB-stick (bottom of the list is W7!)

close your antivir when writing on USB as it does not allow the autorun.inf file here  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:19:00 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2015, 07:25:23 PM +0000 »

I am bit confused now, Bernie.

understand your new PC can catch basic drivers under F8 command,however

did you set optical drive to 1th boot device inside BIOS ? ( you must ! )
If yes
it should lead you to the Win7 cd ( of course bootable ) ,then choose new  install !! now a message should tell you `there is allready an OS WIN7 `...

does your new PC let you go so far to this point ?
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2015, 07:29:28 PM +0000 »

close your antivir when writing on USB as it does not allow the autorun.inf file here  Roll Eyes

Ah!  perhaps that is where I went wrong !

will give it a go later . I am away tomorrow until Sunday PM so have to get stuff packed tonight , (someone has to go help keep the landlords in Wales pubs solvent  )

thanks for the tips will let you know how it goes though deep down I have a feeling I will be re building my old PC back into working order and chucking the new stuff in the trash can  Grin

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 07:36:22 PM +0000 »

I am bit confused now, Bernie.

understand your new PC can catch basic drivers under F8 command,however

did you set optical drive to 1th boot device inside BIOS ? ( you must ! )
If yes
it should lead you to the Win7 cd ( of course bootable ) ,then choose new  install !! now a message should tell you `there is allready an OS WIN7 `...

does your new PC let you go so far to this point ?

No Nicky , that is the problem , it wont read the win7 disk or the installation disk I got with the mb and it will not read the hdd . I have tried all the boot options I can think of in BIOS set up .

cant think its anything to do with the anti virus programme as it isn't loaded , neither are any other program .

still head scratching here ,
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 07:37:53 PM +0000 »

Bernie, have a good time in the landlords pub !!!

__
well, have a look at wikipedia searchin OEM software !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wont be surprised if , in fact, the WIN7 CD you have is limited .
I am afraid but think you have to by an socalled `selfbuilder OS WIN7 CD `..

hope I am wrong
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 07:40:00 PM +0000 »

antivirus programm isnt loaded ( active) before OS is allready boot up afaik, you right Bernie

edit:
jesus, I can`t read proper it seams. Cookie was talking of closing the antivirus on that PC you try to make this ISO stuff tu usb stick....

however,  outa backstage of my memory: I gues I once tried to install an microsoft OS from recovery CD to an new system without success, as it was limited/restricted to only work on the original `Siemens PC `...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:47:36 PM +0000 by NickyIckx » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 08:29:59 PM +0000 »

Bernie your PC reads the HD properly but Win7 has a problem with the new hardware! from intel to AMD, CPU and chipset!
CDs and DVDs can get bad after a while, maybe laying too long in the sun...
So download the MS W7 linked, and write it on USB will cost half an hour to repair.

Be aware you will need to install some new drivers for

- AMD chipset
- etron USB3
- Realtek high definition audio driver
- ASMedia SATA3 Driver
- Realtek Lan driver
- Onboard HDMI HD audio driver

Now keep the landlords in Wales pubs solvent and enjoy the weekend.

PS
Hey have you tried on both grapics connectors? Maybe it switches to the onboard...

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:33:43 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 08:57:57 PM +0000 »

This is a long story so bear with me

I ordered new Asrock m/b  AMD cpu & 450W p/s for my upgrade (as per Cookies spec in Brands Race thread ) .

It all arrived Monday , So set to work and  removed my old asus m/b and Intel cpu from the tower and after finding out how it all went together I fitted the new stuff only to find the ddr2 ram wouldn't fit the new board so had to order new ddr3 ram , after fitting that  ( wed ) I powered up expecting the best !

The problem I have is that on power up the post runs OK afaict . Windows starts to load but wont go past the "starting windows "screen when it drops back to boot up .

It seems the problem is the hdd is not being read , not sure but it may be because the Win7 OS was installed on the original computer ?

I have tried booting from the Win7 disk on dvd drive , the computer wont read that either , nor will it read the Asrock installation disk

I have tried everyway I know to get it to run but had no luck so far , just hope one of you bright sparks out there might have some suggestions before I tear the rest of my hair out !

Could this be a driver issue or thinking is it possible I have trashed the cpu when screwing it all together

I have tried my hdd in another PC and its OK

on boot up there is a message flashes up "" cant find device"" before the Asrock bios set up screen appears , not sure what this means ?

Spec is

Asrock 960GM/U3S3 FX m/b

AMD FX 4300

8gigs Corsair vengeance LP CML8GX3M2A1866C9R

WD 10EARX SATA HDD

Win7 home edition

If Windows on the hard disk gets as far as the initial loading screen then either stops or reboots, it's missing something to be able to load the rest of the OS, possibly drivers for the updated components. When booting, F8 to start in safe mode, that should at least try and get you the screen to be able to rescue and install drivers necessary.

As for not reading the disc, as strange as it may sound try unplugging the data (am guessing SATA disc drive? I own many computers but all are IDE/oldskool drives, no SATA optical drives..yet) cable serving the DVD drive and flushly installing it (most have a clip to hold it in), make sure the drive is in the boot order. If it skips the optical drive most motherboards have a F-key button to press in order to specify which device to boot. If it's not in the list something else is a-miss that's a bit beyond my immediate expertise. Shame I'm 250 miles away!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:22 PM +0000 »

Thanks Axel , all the drivers for the board are on the Asrock CD came with the m/b .

I need to get both DVD drive and HDD to run with the m/b OK !  agreed !

I would assume the MS d/l will have basic drivers enough to start the system rolling  

IF I can get the ISO file onto a USB stick I stand a chance of success , BUT

I have already d/l the programme "windows 7 USB DV ISO download tool" but when I run this programme it asks for the ISO file which I cant find and don't know where to look ?

Don't know where I'm going wrong , where to find this file ?

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 09:15:24 PM +0000 »

The board has 2 different sorts of SATA connectors!
- 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s connectors by ASMedia ASM1061, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions
- 4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support RAID (RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 10 and JBOD), NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions

So plug the DVD and HDD into a SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connector = blue

try if it starts there

As the SATA3 needs a driver: ASMedia SATA3 Driver ver:1.1.9

Further to the info provided here by Axel. For what its worth just check that whatever SATA connectors on the motherboard you have used for the HDD and Optical drive, are not DATA only connectors. If they are, the drives will be recognised in the BIOS but not bootable. It is not uncommon for some of the SATA connectors to be DATA only as opposed to OS and DATA compatible. The info should be in your motherboard manual. Its a long shot but easy enough to eliminate before doing anything drastic.

You said you were able to check the HDD was okay in another system? Well make sure you back up the drive on here before putting it back in you new system and trying out anything.

If it comes to reloading Windows 7 I'm confident you will be able to do this even if it does require some assistance from your fellow drivers. I have been down this road myself and have the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool on my desktop as a reminder!
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 09:52:58 PM +0000 »

This is the download of your W7 home premium 64! nothing else needed! write it on USB with the beforementioned tool (I prefer pendrivelinux...)

Axel "Cookie"

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2015, 08:52:28 PM +0000 »

Well i tried everything to get this up and running to no avail , have spoken to the tech guy at CCL compute
Bad news is it "could " be up to 28 days if it has to go away to Asrock for repair ( never knew they could repair mb's )

In the meantime got my old faithful Pentium back in service , thanks to all for the help , most appreciated    Smiley

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2015, 11:50:38 PM +0000 »

Oh no!

Bernieee

All works fine IMO! The problem is not the Hardware!
The problem is the W7 CD  not booting!
The HDD does boot as you said.
Download any Linux live system put it on a USB or CD and look if this works.
Try Lubuntu and burn it on USB or CD with pendrivelinux this shows you if there are any HW related problems  Wink

Axel "Cookie"

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2015, 10:45:35 AM +0000 »

hi Axel

Not sure of why windows didn't boot from the HDD , does the "loading window" screen mean the mb and cpu are all OK ? , the DVD rom definately did not boot with the windows 7 disk loaded in .

I made the USB .ISO tried that and got exactly the same thing as if i had loaded an Win7 boot CD in , after trying to fix things with the USB to many times to remember I gave that up , phoned the dealer and it was he who said to send the mb back for test .

He couldnt suggest any other ideas to fix my problem , so I suppose he suspects the mb is faulty for that reason . will have to wait for his reply , must say i'm not impressed with the aftermarket service when it comes to computer stuff   Roll Eyes 
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com