Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 05:07:45 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Monza: February 10, 2015
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - 69Xtra 60fpsV1 - Monza 10k - Feb 10  (Read 4077 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 11:53:00 PM +0000 »

I've been having major PC problems which have been solved by ditching Vista and upgrading to Windows7.  Yes OK so I should have ditched Vista years ago but I just couldn't face reloading everything again from scratch.  Glad I did though, PC is rock solid on 60fps now Grin.

Race was interesting, sorry for hitting Bagrupp at lesmos on lap 1.  I'm trying to get used to using the clutch in my G25 after years of left foot braking.  It is like learning to drive from scratch.  I kept missing gears at the Curva Grande and got in David's way a few times, sorry mate.  Hope I can improve my control of the pedals before the start of the season  Roll Eyes
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2015, 07:18:01 AM +0000 »

congrats to winner and all !!!!

Smiley after 22 laps my wrists felt like had to be replaced straight off....gee

big fun all over and since upgrading from old HD4870 videocard (which indeed was going to die ) to HD 7950 ( thx Axel ) GPL is runing perfectly again.
no stutters and most important no missmatches on steering and pedal inputs  Cheesy

Only fps drops served to me was while beeing behind DLogan, who`s car to me was jumping quit well. So wasnt easy to judge giving tow alternating.
Sorry Dean, I was hoping we both could work back to the leading group, but maybe I even did not right technically....

btw. I did use Laechles update without any trouble...

Shocked Fleurke you MClaren M7 was faster then a speeding duck, absolut amazing, how ya managed ?
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2015, 08:24:26 AM +0000 »

No race due to the"freezing" at the finish of qualification.Is possible to repeat this race?Not necessarily with the 69 ,also the 67 cars are good.
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2015, 01:13:19 AM +0000 »

I've been having major PC problems which have been solved by ditching Vista and upgrading to Windows7.  Yes OK so I should have ditched Vista years ago but I just couldn't face reloading everything again from scratch.  Glad I did though, PC is rock solid on 60fps now Grin.

Yay Phil!! We did tell you.....

Race was interesting, sorry for hitting Bagrupp at lesmos on lap 1.  I'm trying to get used to using the clutch in my G25 after years of left foot braking.  It is like learning to drive from scratch.  I kept missing gears at the Curva Grande and got in David's way a few times, sorry mate.  Hope I can improve my control of the pedals before the start of the season  Roll Eyes

Way to go mate...braver than me, I'd have to really weight my pedals to drive heel/toe and full shifter. Would have to 'feel' like real car pedals.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2015, 02:47:38 PM +0000 »

Way to go mate...braver than me, I'd have to really weight my pedals to drive heel/toe and full shifter. Would have to 'feel' like real car pedals.
It is tough, I can confirm that LOL.  As you might expect changing up on a straight is very easy.  Changing down under braking on a straight is a bit tricky; I still subconsciously want to brake with my left foot instead of dipping the clutch.  I'm still finding it difficult to get the feel for how hard to push the brake pedal with my right foot whilst maintaining a bit of throttle (a bit of throttle helps to keep the car stable under heavy braking - not sure if this is true for real cars or if it is simply a "feature" of the GPL physics engine).  The really difficult part is places like the Curva Grande, changing down with a bit of trail braking then switching to acceleration and changing up; all whilst trying to steer smoothly in a 4 wheel drift (well OK I'm dreaming a bit there). I tend to get the timing wrong, dip the clutch at the wrong time and miss gears, then I have to fumble around trying to find one.  Just dipping the clutch isn't good enough you have to put the gear lever back into neutral and select the gear again. 
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2015, 01:31:15 PM +0000 »

Shocked Fleurke you MClaren M7 was faster then a speeding duck, absolut amazing, how ya managed ?

No wing, higher tirepressures, good gearing. But it wouldn't go through the turns tho.

Driving for Antipasti Racing

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2015, 05:03:46 PM +0000 »

The really difficult part is places like the Curva Grande, changing down with a bit of trail braking then switching to acceleration and changing up; all whilst trying to steer smoothly in a 4 wheel drift (well OK I'm dreaming a bit there). I tend to get the timing wrong, dip the clutch at the wrong time and miss gears, then I have to fumble around trying to find one.  Just dipping the clutch isn't good enough you have to put the gear lever back into neutral and select the gear again.

You been reading Innes Ireland " All Arms & Elbows " Phil  Grin
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com