Quarterly cost: �0

April 29, 2024, 04:08:03 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: JSMT Trophy presentation  (Read 8636 times)
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2016, 11:20:19 PM +0100 »

Super weekend.

Glad so many of the GPL community could make it.

Brands Hatch is a great venue.

Even the weather was kind to us - even if a few of us do look like people who got caught in the Ferrari paint shop.

Cheers Billy for letting us camping in your tent for free actually!? Glad I just managed not to soil it, sorry for being the unwanted alarm clock for you guys during the night, especially Ethan (guys, it's 4 in the morning) Wink Chili con carne of death together with the beer attack of death was not a good idea in hindsight, but it made for a very enjoyable Friday-night in the first place Smiley The afterparty wasn't fun tho  Tongue

I agree it was a super weekend and cherish the fact I went and enjoyed it Smiley See my post in the other JSMT Wink

Hope some who attended will post some photo's Smiley

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2016, 12:32:25 AM +0100 »

Great to see some GPL buddies at Brands this weekend, particularly Robert and Tommie who made the trip from Holland.  I've saved my photos to albums in Google Photos.  See here:

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3

Grats to Robert on not only picking up the trophy but managing to carry it all the way back to Holland!

Hopefully Clive will be kind enough to organize another prize giving trip next year  thumbup1
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2016, 10:07:12 AM +0100 »

It's good to put real faces and personalities to the online names over a relaxing weekend. I thought Brands Hatch was better than Goodwood as a venue for this sort of thing. The crowds were sparse, but that didn't detract from the racing and it meant that there was lots of room to roam and watch.
If you're wondering about coming along next time, or even joining in the racing here, there's nothing to fear and you will look back wishing you had started sooner. Ahem, I should be putting my wheel back on the desk soon.
Thanks to all who came along to make it what it is, to remember Joe, to see the trophy and some real racing. There isn't a typical GPL racer in real life, but we all seem keen to apply "shift-R" and "F10 view" to almost any conversational scenario. Like a secret club.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2016, 10:34:50 AM +0100 »

DAY 3, Photo 6.

Can someone put names to faces please?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2016, 11:23:09 AM +0100 »

DAY 3, Photo 6.

Can someone put names to faces please?

From left to right:
Luke (Phil's son), Colin (Arf x3), Billy, Tommie, Robert, Malcolm (Joe's father), Clive and Andy. (Phil's missing, taking the picture)

All JSMT winners -EvilC, Rob and Andy, plus Phil and Malcolm Smiley

PS: thanks for the amazing pics, Phil! Special thanks to Clive for organizing the event! Old guys rule, especially when they're living in the fast lane!  Cool
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:36:36 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2016, 07:40:24 PM +0100 »

Great photo's Phil! Thanks for sharing  Smiley.

Always nice to see some faces to the names. Looks as though it was a super weekend. Bit gutted I couldn't make this one, but I'd like to try and join you all when another meeting is organised.

Congrats again on the trophy Rob  Smiley.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2016, 11:16:58 PM +0100 »

Cheers Sam. Would be fun when even more ppl would attend in the future. Smiley

At this post you can find the trophy here at home, can't attach files here Wink I have been exchanging emails with Malcolm, and next year's Historic Grand Prix Zandvoort could be a potential option for the meeting and JSMT presentation. It's organized late summer, this is this year's program. Also a lot of camping or cottage opportunities at the seaside...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 11:29:28 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2016, 04:28:29 PM +0100 »

I've always been camping at "De Lakens" in Bloemendaal Aan Zee, just a stone's throw away from the Zandvoort circuit Smiley . So that might be an option Smiley .

Tommie.

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2016, 06:41:37 PM +0100 »

It's been a week, but I look back with a big smile. Also a huge respect for the British passion for motorsports, which is unique. Looking forward to return to the Holy Ground one day (or two) Cool

Jani Posta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2016, 06:28:31 AM +0100 »

Wow that's an impressive trophy! Thanks for the pics, it's great to see you guys. Smiley

Groundhog GPL Weekly / Custom Rank
www.formulado.hu/weekly
roo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 13, 2016, 02:16:06 PM +0100 »

amazing trophy!
great to put faces to the names Smiley
maybe I will be able to make it to the next one....

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2016, 02:23:34 PM +0100 »

It looks like this years JSMT presentation at Brands Hatch and Phil's great pictures have sparked some interest amongst the wider membership and hints have been dropped that I should try and organise a similar event in 2017.

Primary consideration is that Malcolm and Beverly can attend to present the Trophy, but given that Malcolm is a confirmed petrol head and races his own cars I suspect that will not be an insurmountable obstacle, other than some dates being unavailable perhaps.

Nothing planned or even considered as yet for 2017, but all options are open, so I thought I would post this now to encourage those who might join the gathering next year to contemplate.

On a general note, I would be looking for a 3 day event with Historic racing on a classic track, hopefully with the cars from the 60's that we race in UKGPL and other tin tops as well. UK or Europe circuits can be considered.

The biggest issue about organising a get together is numbers.  Also I am very aware that previous Goodwood Revival visits were too expensive for many, and I think this years Brands Hatch visit proved that we can get as much ,( if not more), fun for much less of our hard earned money.

The camping worked well this year ( probably because the weather was superb ) but alternatives could be sharing of a large caravan (s) or renting a cottage or house if numbers work out. Once again booking accommodation early is essential to avoid being forced into paying "premium " rates at the last minute.

Once we know how many people are going to attend, then everything can be scaled. Because we will invariably have people coming from all directions it is usually possible to organise car share and reduce individual travelling costs.

So, if anyone has suggestions for a suitable venue between now and April 2017, post it here and maybe we can even have a vote on which is the most popular and likely to attract the biggest attendance? Or even ideas on how we could do things differently?

Just for the record for those who did not make it this year, and to give an idea of costs:-

The weekend ticket at Brands hatch this year was £29 and this allowed free access to the paddock, although not into the Grandstands.
The campsite for 2 tents and 5 people staying 2 nights totalled £130
We were able to get lunch and evening meals at the circuit and considering the captive market they were not excessively expensive.

Last Year at the Goodwood Revival tickets were approx. £145 each for the weekend and a caravan approx 10 miles away cost us £210 for 3 nights.

I am happy to try and make this work again for next year if there is sufficient interest, and I will be posting/bugging you all again in the New Year.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2016, 07:21:38 PM +0100 »

Cheers Clive, and you were a fantastic host. Still looking back with a smile. I'm already eager for another UK weekend, I might do a little trip later this summer if finances allow...

I'd say we will have  a few options for next year's JSMT presentation and UKGPL meeting. Among Brands and Zandvoort, maybe even Zolder on the continent!? For more member attendance I think a UK location would be best though. There are many great circuits there, but I would have no problem to return to Brands as well Wink Fantastic circuit and location, and the camping went great as well. Smiley

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com