Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 08:42:49 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: END OF SEASON REVIEW  (Read 7094 times)
JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 01:28:28 PM +0000 »

It is necessary to explain my comment better
I like the idea of an annual GT championship, 1 race per month

But that the 2 categories run together

It will only separate if it exceeds the number of 19

So I believe that 1 or 2 races with 2 servers

The main category will use non-porsche cars, tokens system

Category 2 using only porsche

Separate points table
GT races are so, different categories run together

Gareth

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2016, 01:33:53 PM +0000 »

Before any serious competition takes place, I'd suggest to try Lee's Weather Patch and Olaf's Pitstop Patch (and NightFog!!) on a well-known track like Silverstone or Kyalami.

Weather patch adds fog and changes the grip (according to server settings).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrZ0lTV-ozI

NightFog adds black fog (according to client settings).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FarxnVKzi_c

Olaf's patch simulates tire wear, punishes resets, etc.
http://www.eolcreplay.de/download/Pitstop_e.html (Site is safe!)
Readme at http://www.eolcreplay.de/download/ReadmePit.txt

A race at Silverstone in December in the rain? well if you think its realistic?  whistling
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 01:36:50 PM +0000 by Gareth » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2016, 07:29:04 PM +0000 »

I'm not sure about the "fog" patches?? Are these really adding a mist and limiting the visibility??? Maybe these would work for the GT's as that could be more realistic for longer races...and of course for 24hr races nightfog would add an extra dimension. But I need to be convinced about fog and the open wheeled GP cars.

Of all of the recent patch offers for GPL, surely Olaf's which gives us tyre wear, and allows resets but at a cost, ought to be something that we should trial if we are serious about "simulated" racing??

I have always been a little uneasy about GPL which allows us to thrash a car for the whole race without any deterioration in the tyres. Now I am aware that the great Jim Clark could make a set of tyres last more than one race, but I know that my usual driving style would certainly leave more rubber upon the tarmac than the rims.  Roll Eyes

I hear that the new55 mod has maybe incorporated brake and tyre wear in an attempt to make things more realistic, so for me it would make sense to expand that to the other mods?? The reset punishment might be preferable to a straight "end of race" and quit scenario that the pro drivers currently face.

The only problem that I can see is how you check that all drivers are using the patch? it might be possible to join a race without the patch installed and have a considerable advantage??

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2016, 09:30:16 PM +0000 »

The 55mod will have real brake fading, so you have to manage the brake temperatures and use very carefull.

Tire wear was no problem in these days, so the 55s and 67s could do several races with the same set of tires!

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Jani Posta

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2016, 10:30:22 AM +0000 »

The only problem that I can see is how you check that all drivers are using the patch? it might be possible to join a race without the patch installed and have a considerable advantage??

Weather Patch and Olaf's patch is checked when you join the server. Nightfog is not checked - that's up to gentlemen only Smiley

Groundhog GPL Weekly / Custom Rank
www.formulado.hu/weekly
MagicArsouille

.... ladies and gentlemen..... start your engine

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2016, 11:53:58 AM +0000 »

Wink I will not race under fog patch , I know it and it's realy no fun for me, I can't see the interest of it  , same for night mod ( exept maybe for GT mod in LeMan ....for exemple )... GPL is dificult ( see all the DNF ....) why add more dificulties ? ....I think it's more interesting to race on reverse track like Ocanom ....Aznom ....or new tracks...?!....I'm also not for the mixed mods ...( to mutch training for me )

About the last season I must said it's the best one for me Smiley .....it was not so easy , whith 6 champs in same time ... but what a fun !...
thanks to all racers and org......
I don't know if I will be able to defend my 3 Couronnes next season ....will depends of few things....Wink

Marry Christmas and Happy New Year folks Wink
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2016, 12:29:06 PM +0000 »

I've not much to comment upon re S30.  My thanks to the admins, organizers and moderators.

Only real thing that comes to mind was the 'Group' classification introduced for the Works series.  A laudable enough concept to help put a rein on the top guns but it wasn't followed by anyone including me.  Not wishing to punch above my weight, I always ran the weaker chassis and went into the last race...Dragon's Nest...with fully 68 tokens in the bank.  Just drop the Group thingie altogether and stick with the long-established token exchange programme.

As for S31, the Works Championship should remain as the primo concern and for good reasons.  It's the foundation of GPL and draws the hotshots.

Between GP65 and the F2 mods which are quite similar in performance, the former is preferred as it offers a variety of chassis and powerplants.  The F2 mod is largely a Cosworth FVA spec series and to my mind, less appealing as a result.

As for the GP66 and GP69X mods, the former wins out over the winged models due to it's vast variety and character of chassis/powerplants.  That the 69X mod also incorporates three 4WD chassis that in no way perform as the real models did is a most damning factor.

Edit: Not stated initially but as I do like the wide variety of the GP66 options available, I would prefer it above the GP65 mod typically used for the 'Pro Series'.

For fendered mods, we have the GT, CanAm66 and CanAm71 mods.  I think that the CA66 mod should trump the CA71 even if only becasue its fresh and new.  The GT mod is always popular especially for events that feature a refuel option.  Admins should be careful to apply the v22 patch for this twist as it much better reflects reality in gassing up.

To review, I prefer that S31 feature...

Works and GP66 on alternate Sundays.  Pro damage a must.

CA66 and GT on alternate Tuesdasy.  Pro damage preferred.

Friday races...if run at all...for pickups of GP69X and CA71 mods.  Resets allowed(if you must but personally, I think that they are a crutch).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 06:37:33 PM +0000 by Doni Yourth » Logged
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2016, 05:29:39 PM +0000 »

My only comment is that i enjoyed the format for 67 ams and 65 s S30 and think this should stay the same . the only thing I would like to see changed is the race distance , which for me is too long , perhaps 75% 0r even less would be best , my problem is being able to race over the current distance without becoming so knackered that I find it too difficult to concentrate and do race speeds and at the same time watching other cars racing or lapping me .

I dont think a shorter race would change things as far as the results are concerned , most races the finishing order is determined over the first 10 - 15  laps or so.

Perhaps a series for us geriatric racers would be good  Smiley
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2016, 05:58:46 PM +0000 »

'Masters' series? Or should that be bus-passers? Smiley

Cheers,
Dave.

Michael Turner

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2016, 04:09:22 PM +0000 »

The message is clear. Ditch the GT mods and bring on the Mobility Scooter mod!
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2016, 11:32:41 AM +0000 »

'Masters' series? Or should that be bus-passers? Smiley

Cheers,
Dave.

Got the T shirt & the bus pass , also claim to be one of the few GPL'ers who get a free TV licence . Oh the perks of us old codgers !
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 07:22:33 AM +0000 »

Just a thanks for the efforts of all the organizers/moderators/admins over the last year, and a Happy New Year to all.  Smiley
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com