Quarterly cost: �0

April 27, 2024, 12:09:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Annual JSMT get together.  (Read 1035 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2019, 05:03:37 PM +0100 »

welcome to my world  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2019, 03:15:10 PM +0100 »

At this stage it looks like  we have the following probable attendees...

Andy Livingston
Billy Nobrakes
Phil Thornton
Tim Muttram
Miner2049er (possibly with caravan.)
Myself

I am going to place a post on the general UKGTL forum and an open invitation to those guys to join us if they wish.

In response to Billy's query about stand passes. They appear to be the same price "on the day" as booking in advance, so I think we can play it by ear when we are there. Some might prefer to wander lonely as a cloud around Brands, whilst others might prefer to sit and watch the world go by?

I have made repeated attempts to raise a response from Malcolm Shaw, without success, but I will keep trying.

Andy and myself are planning to arrive Friday pm and leave for home after the last race on Sunday. From previous experience this event does not get very crowded and traffic is not an issue, just in case you were wondering.

Rank   Only when I sweat
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2019, 11:28:39 PM +0100 »

Unless the weather makes a miraculous turn-around I shall be in the 'high-mobility-tent', trying out my new airbed.
I'm also planning on arriving late Friday afternoon - But I'll go home for lunch after finishing work so can't see me getting there much before 4 if at all.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 08:27:15 AM +0100 »

Tim / Vosblod will be also be coming along. Our plan is to make an early start Saturday morning. As we are almost local shouldn't miss much. I ordered seats in the grandstand but don't expect to use them the whole day.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 10:24:49 AM +0100 »

Great news Bill,and it will be good to see Tim again.

Rank   Only when I sweat
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 12:01:38 PM +0100 »

I notice that the weather appears to be making the previously mentioned miraculous turnaround.
And to such an extent I will be forced to bring my silly hat, factor 1 million suncream, and a car featuring working AC!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 02:00:53 PM +0100 »

……………….and the evenings' entertainment is complete lol!!!

Rank   Only when I sweat
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 03:35:19 PM +0100 »

I'm not going to be able to make this now. Hope you all enjoy.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 04:38:17 PM +0100 »

that's a shame, we were all planning to use your caravan when it rained  Wink But of course it won't be raining next weekend will it Huh  Roll Eyes

Seriously, sorry you can't get there....maybe next time?  Andy Livingston and myself are booked to be "oop North" in September, as part of our Grand Tour of UK motor racing venues. If you are anywhere within reach of Aintree or 3 sisters maybe we can meet for a pie and a pint?

Rank   Only when I sweat
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2019, 06:36:47 PM +0100 »

.........................  Andy Livingston and myself are booked to be "oop North" in September, as part of our Grand Tour of UK motor racing venues. If you are anywhere within reach of Aintree or 3 sisters maybe we can meet for a pie and a pint?

I thought that you had done the Northwest already!  I've now positioned myself to ambush you on the way to Croft.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2019, 09:59:29 PM +0100 »

that's a shame, we were all planning to use your caravan when it rained  Wink

That's a shame, it's not waterproof Smiley

maybe next time?

Hopefully, yes.

If you are anywhere within reach of Aintree or 3 sisters maybe we can meet for a pie and a pint?

I am about 20 minutes from Three Sisters, so yes, let me know if you are there.

BTW, if you are thinking of doing a driving experience there, I would advise against it, it's a very short circuit and gets very crowded.

If you are going to Aintree, I'm sure you are aware of the Youtube channel Circuits of the Past, but the host of that channel was given a drive around the old circuit, including the bits that are no longer open or are now part of the grandstands.

Might be worth contacting them ahead of time.

Of course, Oulton Park is nearby too.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2019, 09:39:39 AM +0100 »

The only reason for visiting 3 Sisters, is that is a relatively well know, for various reasons, and as part of our Grand Tour of UK motor racing venues it was close to Aintree. I doubt that we will be gracing them with a demonstration of our driving abilities, but we might purchase a cup of tea  Roll Eyes Might try that Aintree connection and try to get the VIP tour  Wink.

Andy and I are quite keen to meet up with any fellow simracers on our trips around the country. Oulton Park has been ticked off  ( it was wet!) and we were fortunate enough to meet up for an evening meal with Clive Loynes and the GPL legend that is Bernie Darwin ( Ok. so Clive is a legend too, but he gets so big headed about it  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes lol).
Bernie has retired from GPL on health grounds and I do miss his sense of humour and stories on the forum. His assertion that when he raced GPL he was in his unheated loft, sitting on a deckchair with the steering wheel on his lap. In cold weather he had gloves woolly hat and scarf......allegedly.

Our trip is planned for 6th Sept ( hotels are booked ), so I will post details closer to the date and maybe we can arrange a convivial evening somewhere.

Clive is right that Andy and myself have discussed Knockhill, but it is a long way to go for a single track ( all the way from the wilds of the South West ). But we might have to "bite the bullet" and do it.

Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2019, 09:41:40 AM +0100 »

.........................  Andy Livingston and myself are booked to be "oop North" in September, as part of our Grand Tour of UK motor racing venues. If you are anywhere within reach of Aintree or 3 sisters maybe we can meet for a pie and a pint?

I thought that you had done the Northwest already!  I've now positioned myself to ambush you on the way to Croft.

Too late!! been there, done that!!  Grin  We slipped in under the radar and completed our mission undetected lol
But we are venturing to those wild lands again around Sep 6th...watch this space.

Rank   Only when I sweat
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2019, 12:32:48 PM +0100 »

The only reason for visiting 3 Sisters, is that is a relatively well know, for various reasons, and as part of our Grand Tour of UK motor racing venues it was close to Aintree.

It will tick it off the list but there isn't much there. They do sell cups of tea though.

Might try that Aintree connection and try to get the VIP tour  Wink.

I've a feeling it was a security guard who drove him round but it might be worth making an official enquiry beforehand.

Our trip is planned for 6th Sept ( hotels are booked ), so I will post details closer to the date and maybe we can arrange a convivial evening somewhere.

Where are you staying? I'll warn them.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2019, 03:37:44 PM +0100 »

We looked at the website for 3 Sisters, so we know it is a barn and a tarmac loop. But it has been mentioned by Clive Loynes, possibly from his karting days, so we felt obliged to include it  Wink

The only clue that I can give to our whereabouts, is that we are in a hotel and it is at Haydock  Roll Eyes So probably a Premier Inn?

The undecided part of the grand plan is to possibly do Anglesey, if the weather is good. There being no fun standing on the edge of a rainswept island and looking forward to a 4-5 hr drive home in wet clothes.  Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com