Quarterly cost: �0

April 29, 2024, 01:30:42 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Prodigal son returns....  (Read 111 times)
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« on: August 22, 2020, 12:25:34 PM +0100 »

Oi you lot, not too many folk shit posting on here...What's going on? Just reinstalled GPL after a few years of playing single person shooters, but the games have outstripped my computing capability...However, GPL2.0 runs grouse, with everything turned up high. All except for the bastard flashing menus that started about 2 weeks after a faultless install and faultless running on the openGL V2 rasterizer. On the d3d rasterizer, the menu's don't flash but he frame rate is woeful. Any ideas anyone...Cookie?

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 10:42:41 PM +0100 »

Hi Geoff

Not heard from you for a while, hope everything is well down under.

If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you need to tweek your 3D settings. But this all depends on your local setup. In my case I run Open GL v2 with an Nvidia graphics card. I've seen the flickering screens you are describing but I can't remember which exact settings I changed to get rid of them.

I opened up NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Program Settings and set the options for each of the GPL executables. Sorry, I can't tell you which setting to adjust to get rid of the flicker, you'll have to experiment.

At some point I'll update the web site to include some guidelines for graphics settings, it will help me remember what to do if I have to do a reinstall of GPL!
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 11:11:05 PM +0100 »

Hi Geoff,
Good to hear from you.
I have exact same problem with the flashing menus. I did have a fiddle with the graphics card settings but that made no difference. I think I even did a complete new install.
If I'm practicing or working on a set up I use d3dv2 rasteriser which does not flash. When everything is pretty much race ready I use Open GLv2, which is much less likely to drop Pribluda info in race.

If you work out a permanent fix do let me know.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2020, 11:44:46 PM +0100 »

Think I've seen something about setting antialiasing FXAA to off for nVidia cards/OpenGL re: blurry menu options.

The installation guide at http://www.gplworld.de/en/grand-prix-legends/gpl-easy-installation-guide  does have suggestions for (among other things) graphics settings in GEM+ and for nVidia / ATi cards, for both moderate & high-performance hardware.

Document also looks to have been updated earlier this year, so may be worth a look.

Cheers,
Dave.

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2020, 09:10:51 AM +0100 »

Thanks guys, hello Geoff

Yes, I couldn't have a better advice than Dave
- atm I am resting a bit with these temps...

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2020, 06:51:07 AM +0100 »

Hi Bill, Phil, Dave, Cookie and all the rest. Livin' the dream here in sunny Victoriastan, home of the Irrustrious Reader, Chairman Dan. Chinese Communist Party operative and apparatchik.  The Feds just handed him a serious PUBLIC rebuke. The lockdown bullshit will be finishing on September 5. Either that or we, enmasse, visit Chairman Dan's private home and instruct him there how and what we want done. His address was passed around FB...

I'll try pissin' about with the Nvidia card settings and see what I can achieve, I'll report back any findings.

Keep an eye on any mortgage, credit card or general bank loans over the next few months. You WILL find either all at once or over a short period of time, your debt will all be zeroed. Let others know when it happens to you. Don't bother asking the financial institution how it was paid...they don't know. The SWIFT (Rothschild owned) financial system shuts down on August 31. QFS (Quantum Financial System) is running in parallel, ready to take over all the functions. North of $1 quatrodecillion USD is available from one account alone...that's 1 with 45** (important number) zero's after it. All stolen from us and our ancestors over centuries. Our estates will be returned to us. You will not have to work and you will have no debt. But, you will be asked to take part in humanitarian, fully funded projects. We will have no problems keeping busy and enjoying our lives. Love to all...into the future, Geoff.

EDIT: ** In the UK, it will be 1 with 84 zero's after the number. Mind numbing numbers.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 06:59:38 AM +0100 by Geoff65 » Logged

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2020, 11:51:07 AM +0100 »

Hi Geoff, thx god this is a private forum where only Mods can read and post  Wink

I can only report from german lateral thinking point of view,
we will have an international meeting in Berlin this weekend, 1-5 million people are expected,
it was forbidden yesterday as thinking other than the merkill clan is no nonger allowed here. Lawyers are fighting for us as it is against our "constitution" to forbid it.

I have allready cleaned up my bank account and invested in a motobike to have an escape when they start obligatory vaxxination. France is 30km away Wink

We only hear little about the peoples situation in UK, just that it is harder than in most european countries...

PS
I hope this is ok to post here, else delete it and we go on in the Groundhog forum "covid" thread

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com