Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 10:20:25 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Joe Shaw Memorial Trophy 2024  (Read 142 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2024, 01:28:05 PM +0000 »

Traditionally around Easter we run a short season of races to remember Joe Shaw, a young guy who raced both UKGPL and also in the real world in a Ginetta.

Each year we try to make this series a little bit different and hopefully more entertaining than normal League racing, so this year you have the ....

Gentleman's British Grand Touring Cup

Normally in any League race we use the maximum powered option for whatever mod we are racing. This ignores the 2 slower classes available with every carset, that is the NOvice Trainer or the Advanced Trainer cars. So we are going to use these options to give us some cars that gentlemen racers might use, as opposed to a full Works car.

The races will all use the 1966 Can Am cars, but without the monster Yank V8's, instead we will have the much more civilised Rover V8 (under "Advanced Trainer") or possibly we might use the even milder Novice Trainer on a tight and twisty track. The final decisions are still being made, with announcements coming very soon along with dates etc.

All drivers will have a free choice of car as basically ALL cars will have the same power, but Pro drivers will have to take one, or more, StopnGo's just to even things up a little.

The circuits will be UK and will be tracks that we have raced before that would be expected to run Gentleman Racers events. So if you want to get some pre series practice it is quite simple.

In GEM, select the 1966 Carset and a UK circuit of your choice. When the GPL splash screen appears look to the left hand side where "training" options are shown and select "Advanced Trainer" or "Novice Trainer".
I have done just a few laps with these options and the difference is like comparing the full 1967 GP cars and the 1967 F2 cars that we regularley race. Hopefully this format will not deter all drivers of whatever level from getting involved and having some great fun.

[size=24pt]CAN ALL THOSE WHO INTEND TO TAKE PART IN THIS SERIES POST HERE SO THAT WE CAN PLAN SERVERS ETC.[/size]
« Last Edit: March 19, 2024, 08:34:47 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 04:14:09 PM +0000 »

That sounds wonderful, Clive. I am just not sure how to make Stop/Gos but I guess this will be figured out as well. Count me in.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 04:47:27 PM +0000 »

I am just not sure how to make Stop/Gos but I guess this will be figured out as well. Count me in.
The guidance on how to do a S&G is here.

We used to mandate S&Gs for resets but in recent years we've stopped doing that. The driving standards are so high now a reset is detrimental enough. Driver's find it hard to overcome the disadvantage of the extra fuel. The additional deterant of a S&G is overkill.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 05:14:28 PM +0000 »

If we ask the Pro drivers to make a Stop and Go it really is quite simple.

The stop can be taken on any lap except Lap 1, or the last lap. It requires that the driver enters the pit lane and stops his car alongside the pit buildings before moving off again. You only need to be stationary for a split second, provided the wheels stop rolling that is it.
There is NO pitlane speed limit and drivers are expected to drive to the far end of the pit lane before stopping, so that cars following into the pits can pull up behind before moving off. This prevents any overtaking in the pitlane and possible incidents ......in theory at least  Roll Eyes

If more than one stop is called for then they can be taken on any laps that you like except the first and last. The race post will make clear if that happens.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2024, 07:48:49 PM +0000 »

I would like to join please

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 02:39:23 PM +0000 »