Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 01:41:06 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter Season 15 Clubman's Cup?
Yes, expect 100% attendance. - 14 (66.7%)
Yes, expect >75% attendance. - 5 (23.8%)
Yes, expect >50% attendance. - 2 (9.5%)
Yes, expect <50% attendance. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 21

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 15 Clubman's Cup Registration  (Read 14458 times)
AndyMK

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2008, 01:17:02 PM +0100 »

Thought I'd say hello!!

I'm the newbie!! joined at the wrong time it seems!! Monaco first race!! Bummer!!

Oh well looking forward to meeting you all and some fun races!!

Feel free to add me to yr msn and abuse me on VROC!!!

Regards

Andy

"He's not the Messiah he's a very naughty boy!!"
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2008, 05:39:37 PM +0100 »

Welcome Andy  Grin

Look forward to seeing you shake up the Clubmans races and what better place to start than Monaco. In at the deep end  lol Roll Eyes I'm sure you will find a warm welcome and as much help and advice as you can deal with, but most of all,the chance to race against some real ( although there has to be some doubt about some of the characters!!) people and have some fun.

Not sure if anyone has directed you to the UKGPL Website as yet, but it would be well worth browsing through the few rules we have regarding racing in UKGPL, Clubmans class especially.
Nothing too harsh, but some controlling guidelines to "try" and ensure that everyone has a good time.
Not sure how much on-line racing you may have done, although you are obviously aware of VROC and IGOR. Best advice is to concentrate on getting too the end of the race in one piece and let the other guys make the mistakes....easier said than done lol, but thats what makes it fun.
evilClive

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Art

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 09:04:24 AM +0100 »

Welcome to UKGPL Andy. 

Great to see a new face join up and look forward to seeing you on the track at Monaco. Smiley

Crash 'n' Burn Racing

GPL Rank -20.810

UKGPL-Season 15
oAo - Season 9
AndyMK

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 02:40:25 PM +0100 »

Welcome Andy  Grin

Look forward to seeing you shake up the Clubmans races and what better place to start than Monaco. In at the deep end  lol Roll Eyes I'm sure you will find a warm welcome and as much help and advice as you can deal with, but most of all,the chance to race against some real ( although there has to be some doubt about some of the characters!!) people and have some fun.

Not sure if anyone has directed you to the UKGPL Website as yet, but it would be well worth browsing through the few rules we have regarding racing in UKGPL, Clubmans class especially.
Nothing too harsh, but some controlling guidelines to "try" and ensure that everyone has a good time.
Not sure how much on-line racing you may have done, although you are obviously aware of VROC and IGOR. Best advice is to concentrate on getting too the end of the race in one piece and let the other guys make the mistakes....easier said than done lol, but thats what makes it fun.
evilClive

Whats IGOR? I thought I only needed VROC?? derrrr blonde moment!!

AndyMK

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 02:43:44 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the welcome... I'm looking forward to being involved!!!

If anyone runs a "fun drop-in" race I'd love to go up against a few of you guys!! I'll sweep the track after you've al finished!! ha ha

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 02, 2008, 05:26:03 PM +0100 »

[Whats IGOR? I thought I only needed VROC?? derrrr blonde moment!!
Not your fault Andy, the "UKGPL Starter Kit" needs updating on the web site.  I didn't realize it was out of date, I need to put a link in to the IGOR web site.

We use 2 servers; the one we use for the Clubmans (Chris Bull's) is the same one we use for the Historic Trophy (66 Mod Carset).  The 66 Mod will only run under IGOR, not VROC so to keep the server setup easier we are using IGOR  for the Clubmans too.  So since you're in the Clubmans you'll need IGOR. 

I've checked the IGOR web site and the download link is not working at the moment.  I'm not sure when it will be back up.  It doesn't matter, there is a workaround if you don't have IGOR.  Simply log into chat using VROC (it uses the same ShadowWorld IRC channels as IGOR).  You'll be able to participate in all the chat you just won't see the server in the race list.  When the people in chat tell you the server is up you will need to join the race manually.  To do this simply start GPL and go to the multiplayer window.  Put in the Clubman's server IP address (87.194.135.42) and the password (from the race forum) and you will be able to join the race.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 02, 2008, 05:54:53 PM +0100 »

If anyone runs a "fun drop-in" race I'd love to go up against a few of you guys!! I'll sweep the track after you've al finished!! ha ha
I've setup Bully's server (IP 87.194.135.42) to run Monaco on a continuous loop.  I'll try and make a point of dropping in for a practice session tonight between 9 and 10 pm (the race start time will depend on when the server rolls round).  It's important that you can join OK so even if I can't make it you can check that aspect out. Hopefully some of the other guys will see this post and drop in too.

The server is passworded with our usual practice password.  This forum is public so I'll sent you a private message telling you what it is Wink.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2008, 10:02:12 PM +0100 »

I understand, from posts on SBRC Forum that Mike Turner made a return to the fold and thinks that he has earned us some points in Clubmans.

Can anyone confirm this?  I can't find him anywhere on this forum or any race results.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 07:45:57 AM +0100 »

I understand, from posts on SBRC Forum that Mike Turner made a return to the fold and thinks that he has earned us some points in Clubmans.

Can anyone confirm this?  I can't find him anywhere on this forum or any race results.

You haven't looked very hard. Tongue His forum ID is 'regen70' - hover over that name in the last Clubmans race. Somebody must've known as they've linked the names up correctly!

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 12:11:05 PM +0100 »

- hover over that name in the last Clubmans race. Somebody must've known as they've linked the names up correctly!

Thanks Dave.

Didn't know it did that.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
bindonblood

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2008, 12:31:37 PM +0100 »

iam i to late been playing for a bit just got it running  on the internet
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2008, 06:16:25 PM +0100 »

You're never too late Wink but you do need to be a reasonable standard to compete in league races.  The last full-time place in the clubman's has just been taken.  There are only reserve places left but you're almost guaranteed a drive as we almost never have all the full-time drivers turning up to race.

The clubman's server is on continuous loop at Monaco (the next clubmans round) for a 30 lap race (the clubmans distance).  Please join the server (I'll advise you of the password in a private message) to make sure you can connect OK and your connection is stable.  If you can make it, I'll run a practice session for Monaco tomorrow (Tuesday) at about 9.00pm.
Kruger Enge
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2008, 09:16:11 PM +0100 »

If you can make it, I'll run a practice session for Monaco tomorrow (Tuesday) at about 9.00pm.
I'd appreciate if any Clubman driver, or anyone else, with some free time tomorrow, would turn up for a practice session Phil will host tomorrow at 9 on IGOR.

We will most likely have two newcomers so lets give them a warm welcome and show them the type of fun we're having around here Smiley

Kruger

iRacing alias: Nihad Gluscic
bindonblood

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2008, 09:32:26 PM +0100 »

thanks very much what version of monaco do i need
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2008, 09:53:56 PM +0100 »

i need all the monaco practice that i need one of my worst tracks, well last one to go negative and well, the one i hate most after Nurby

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com