Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 03:38:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL/GBGPL Challenge Race review and comments  (Read 4496 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2008, 10:02:23 PM +0100 »

Well, we just scraped home in that one guys, next time I want a bit more effort  Grin ( just doing the Captain's thing here  Wink  )

Grats to Lorenzo and Clive for commanding drives and to all team members who drove cars which perhaps were not their particular favourite. Thanks for your support and participation.

I really should discount my position as I took Rob's Fez which was the next available car with no setup and only 8 mins of qually left, as I though he would not be making it and we wrere a driver short.. Turns out he slipped under the perimeter wire with 1 min to go and started at the back of the grid..in another fez. Undecided I dont think that drastically affected the result in the end.

Both teams were a man down so the Lotus stayed in the garage, but I don't think that took anything away from the competition element.

I hope it was fun and the competition added a certain edge to things.
I would like to hear thoughts and comments about race and if there is any mileage in more of these cross league events, maybe in the other mods, as teams ( maybe 4 teams of 4), as individuals, as a mini league??

Some of the comments in the chat afterwards were positive, even from those who did not finish. So, I think that GBGPL might want a re-match, but not this week !!!

evil

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Will Tway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:03:29 PM +0100 »

Replay....

http://gbgpl_weekly.extra.hu/download/replay/GBGPL-UKGPL%20Challenge%202008-0701.zip

bound to cover just a little more ground
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2008, 11:49:42 PM +0100 »

Thanks for organizing that Clive (and Jack) it was fun.  Perhaps a return match with the other mods would be fun.  How about a 65, 66 and 69 challenge race, in chat I noticed one or two of the GBGPL guys were suggesting a 65 mod rematch.  Perhaps GBGPL would be stronger in the other mods?  PRO rules is the way to go IMO (easier to moderate).

Captains allocating chassis seemed to work well.

Noticed it wasn't a 50 min (34 lap) race as announced (standard 30 laps for long race at Silverstone) but I'm not complaining 30 laps is long enough for me Wink.

Very friendly guys and the race was conducted in good spirit - very nice to see.
Steven Foster
Former UKGPL Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 08:30:40 AM +0100 »

Yes that was good fun. The GBGPL chaps seem like decent folks - it should be fun to race with them again.

Couldn't get the Waza going as well as I'd like (no praccy...Sunday's league race and iRacing used up my time). Tangled with a GBGPL Fez going into T1 (he lost....but caught and passed me later), had some good battles, and let Phil through (twice  Grin) as he was faster then me. Struggled with consistency (about 3 spins) and 2 instances of the screen going blank (worked out it was Vista's power settings doing that!), so dropped further and further back. However, kept it going until the end for a 6th and a crushing UKGPL victory: hurrah!

I managed to lap a BRM backmarker, who then appeared to speed up and try to pass me (and suddenly started going *really* quickly). After the 4th blue flag it dawned on me it was Lorenzo, so I pulled over.....duh!
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 10:45:26 AM +0100 »

Agreed it was a good “do” and played in good spirit.

Thanks to Brendan for having a nice tidy accident and leaving the track nice and clear.

GBGPL are a bit down on strength at the minute because they are lacking the services of David Cooke Jnr due to his pc being dead. 

Numptygraph is posted here
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?p=3832297#post3832297
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:49:01 PM +0100 by Clive Loynes » Logged

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Lorenzo Galluzzi

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 11:11:44 AM +0100 »

I was thinkin' about a challenge on Thursday, Breasts vs Gbgpl, with the 66's, what do you think about?
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 12:51:58 PM +0100 »

I was thinkin' about a challenge on Thursday, Breasts vs Gbgpl, with the 66's, what do you think about?

Thoughts as follows:

1 We should make it a three way battle GBGPL, UKGPL and BREASTS.  And if we don't then we should really start this thread on the BREASTS forum.
2 We need to decide on a League Night and time well in advance and stick to it.  Personnally 8:00 on Thursday, say once a month, would suit me fine but GBGPL and possibly BREASTS would need to accomodate these "matches" within their usual schedules.
3 Making it Thursday should mean that GBGPL have enough drivers on hand as that is a usual race night.   Grin  Domestic arrangements usually settle down to particular nights being accepted for "....wasting time on that bloody stupid game!"
4 Quite a few people would need to decide which team they would be a part of since there is quite a bit of overlap.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Burtoner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 01:11:45 PM +0100 »

Hi guys, last night wasnt really good at all, rushed home only got on my computer still dressed for work, got on the grid, so i figured I start at the back and work my way up the field, then i try to recover at last corner on 1st lap and i run across of Pete, sorry Pete, so then I just gave him back the place, then i was pushing hard to catch Magnus which i was doing ok, and i got the grass at the 3rd corner spun the car round and it went upside down, race over, I probably did know it was Pro rules but never thought it at time, which was last thing on my mind.

Just wasnt in frame of mind, after rushing home and clothes.not even changing out of my work clothes or shoes.

UKGPL Season 14 Club Champion
Brendan

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 02:49:15 PM +0100 »

Thanks to Brendan for having a nice tidy accident and leaving the track nice and clear.

No probs Clive  Wink

I was having a great run up until that point.  I clipped the kerb on the inside of Chapel, drifted wide and caught my right rear on the grass.  This threw me across track and impaled me in the fence, race over.

Grats to the UKGPL guys for the win and to all who finished.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 05:34:07 PM +0100 »

Thoughts as follows:

1 We should make it a three way battle GBGPL, UKGPL and BREASTS.  And if we don't then we should really start this thread on the BREASTS forum.
2 We need to decide on a League Night and time well in advance and stick to it.  Personnally 8:00 on Thursday, say once a month, would suit me fine but GBGPL and possibly BREASTS would need to accomodate these "matches" within their usual schedules.
3 Making it Thursday should mean that GBGPL have enough drivers on hand as that is a usual race night.   Grin  Domestic arrangements usually settle down to particular nights being accepted for "....wasting time on that bloody stupid game!"
4 Quite a few people would need to decide which team they would be a part of since there is quite a bit of overlap.

Blimey  you guys!!! you don't let the grass grow under your feet do you Cheesy

Now you want a three way league series??!!!

Before we push this boat too far out into open water, maybe we should get a feel for numbers from all sides. As you pointed out Clive there is a good deal of overlapping between some groups, most notably UKGPL and Breasts and we would need 3 viable groups with a commitment to turn up for races.
I know that Thursdays at 8 is currently GBGPL race night, so that might not be ideal during the course of the current season, but maybe afterwards Breasts and GBGPL could accommodate a slight change in timetables?

I would be wary of allowing Lorenzo and Hristo to race in the same team ninja lol just so we can even things up a bit.

In principle, I think it is a great idea and might attract more drivers back to GPL and some new non-aligned racers to join up.
Given that all leagues are bemoaning the drop in numbers, this might be a way of at least having races with full grids ...some of the time?

Rank   Only when I sweat
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 07:28:03 PM +0100 »

I enjoyed the race, though I hadn't driven a UKGPL pro race before and was very relieved after I was past the early corners.  Once I had dropped back slightly I seemed to lose some pace, part of it was not to strain the car but I wish the board had lap times on it.  Well done Lorenzo and thanks to the GBGPL drivers, they seemed good natured chaps.

Rather than one single team competition four teams of four, or three of six, or six of three, might add a dimension.  Or how about ‘home’ and ‘away’ race nights?  If there were three leagues you could then combine the away leagues against the home one, 5v5v9.

I'm not sure that the team racing side of UKGPL is as developed as it could be either, as I'd like to test with the beginners division.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 08:19:32 PM +0100 »

My apologies Jack, in all the postings I have not thanked you for stirring up last nights little experiment and giving us all some great fun. clap clap From early comments, the challenge race seems to have been well received and there is an appetite for more.

I think there are many options, and just as many opinions, on how the competition between leagues can best be harnessed and enjoyed. Whilst I am keen to keep the flame alive, I think a little market research into what would generate the most interest and be best supported and successful would pay dividends in the long run.

The idea of 3 or 4 person teams could mean the opening of a whole new competition, with members drawn from across a number of existing leagues? This would entail a serious commitment by someone to run amd moderate. Initial ideas range from using all of the different mods in GPL in a series of challenge events to a regular league of some sort.

I will be watching the forums to harvest all the feedback over the next few days ( as I'm sure many of you are too ) to see what comes to the surface and maybe put in a few probing suggestions of my own.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Napo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 05:22:43 AM +0100 »

part of it was not to strain the car but I wish the board had lap times on it. 

I also wish they had laptimes on the board in race as well.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com