Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 07:16:29 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter Season 16 Division 1?
Yes, expect 100% attendance. - 9 (47.4%)
Yes, expect >75% attendance. - 4 (21.1%)
Yes, expect >50% attendance. - 2 (10.5%)
Yes, expect <50% attendance. - 4 (21.1%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 16 Division 1 Registration  (Read 7948 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 06:31:34 PM +0000 »

Phil, I'd like to play for the last D1 round if I could.....just for a trial. As it's a one off for the season, I'd like to drive the Lotus, in for a penny.....in for a pound, or euro.
Geoff.
The title is Hristo's and the second and third spots are pretty much decide too.  So if you competed in the last round you wouldn't be affecting the championship too much if you competed and took some points off some of the regulars.  It's Clive's decision though, he is the divisional mod.

Hristo is right about the pit stops.  Check out this thread.  Everyone is treated equally in Div 1.  The faster drivers are not penalized in any way.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 07:14:39 PM +0000 »

I can't see a problem with Geoff joining in for the last round. Monza is certainly one of the best known circuits, so he won't be on unknown ground.

I guess the only thing to be aware of is avoiding contact at Curve Grande on Lap 1. The most common place for over ambitious speed on cold tyres and with a crowded track. In fact there are those amongst us who deliberately hold back here and bank on gaining two or three places as the "fools rush in where angels fear to tread"!!!! Roll Eyes

Seriously though, I suspect that the speed of the likes of Hristo and Lorenzo when they begin to close from behind will be the thing to watch out for.
Either hold your line and let them go around you, jinking out of the way at the last moment is a sure recipe for disaster!! or if you see them coming especially at Monza on the straights, just ease back gently on the loud pedal, hold your line and let them pass. If it looks like they will catch you in the middle of Parabolica, don't panic and try to go faster than you can hold on a true line. It is better from their point of view if your trajectory is constant and you are not fighting armfulls of opposite lock or a wildly fishtailing monster.

I'm sure Hristo will have some words to say on this one  Wink

BTW all the above can be ignored if it looks like Hristo will lap me with only a few laps to go. In that case I will invoke the moderators blind eye and you can weave and block him as much as you like. Grin Grin
Unfortunately, I doubt it will slow him or Lorenzo more than 2 nano seconds  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 07:21:01 PM +0000 »

Your registration has been approved Geoff, you're in (see here).
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 07:33:40 PM +0000 »

The last time I did Monza competitively I won, but the competition was either neutralised or fell by the wayside. http://vt.vadertrophy.com/index.php?page=detail&section=gallery&recordID=2

I doubt that's gonna happen, but I'll take that Eagle and try to improve my PB and get it below 1:27. Cheesy

That race was also memorable for a very close battle between a BRM and a Ferrari, which went on for about 13 laps.

There were 2 other Eagles, Ferraris, 2 Hondas (one of which pushed me hard towards the end) and Coopers and a Brabham. It was a very even field. I can't quite get the thought out of my head that Hristo's got this one sewn up before we've started, though I've read the Solitude thread so anything could happen!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 07:37:09 PM +0000 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 20, 2009, 07:44:07 PM +0000 »

Ta Phil, Clive. Can't see that I'll be a threat to the established hierarchy, and I have learned the correct way to be passed by lappers.....as long as those lappers don't brain fade and clout the back of me as some have done recently..........lol.......not from this league though I must add.I think I've managed a few 28.XXX in the Loti.....so I may not be too much of an impediment.
Geoff

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 20, 2009, 09:13:04 PM +0000 »

I can't see a problem with Geoff joining in for the last round. Monza is certainly one of the best known circuits, so he won't be on unknown ground.

I'm sure Hristo will have some words to say on this one  Wink

There's not going to be lapping at Monza IMO, so no worries. As for behaving as backmarker yeah, what you said, better hold your normal line and let the leaders make the pass rather than server any surprises by moving over.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 10:26:48 PM +0000 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com