Quarterly cost: �0

April 28, 2024, 06:15:31 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter Season 16 Novices and Amateurs Trophy?
Yes, expect 100% attendance. - 20 (45.5%)
Yes, expect >75% attendance. - 12 (27.3%)
Yes, expect >50% attendance. - 8 (18.2%)
Yes, expect <50% attendance. - 4 (9.1%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 16 Novices and Amateurs Trophy Registration  (Read 21388 times)
Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: November 27, 2008, 10:03:25 PM +0000 »

Hi.

My name is Bartosz. I'm from small town Głubczyce in Poland.

I'm new to simracing(this is my first season). In Poland I race in F1'79 league at simracing.pl, but GPL is my favorite sim Wink

Hope to join you guys at Silverstone

Best regards.

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2008, 11:12:25 PM +0000 »

Hi.

My name is Bartosz. I'm from small town Głubczyce in Poland.

I'm new to simracing(this is my first season). In Poland I race in F1'79 league at simracing.pl, but GPL is my favorite sim Wink

Hope to join you guys at Silverstone

Best regards.
Hi Bartosz

Welcome to UKGPL.  We need to know how fast you are so that we can assign you to the right division.  Do you have a GPL rank?  If not register here and upload your times.  What is your fastest lap at Silverstone in the 65s?  Please read the rules on the main web site and the bits about the Novices Division.  I hope the English is OK for you, I'm sure your English is a lot better than my Polish Grin.

Out right speed is not as important as racing etiquette.  But we need to be sure new drivers are of a minimum standard before joining a league race.  We will be running a practice server for the Silverstone novice race.  Please check IGOR this weekend.  Hopefully somebody from the UKGPL moderating team we be around to see how you are getting on.

Cheers

Phil

Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2008, 11:42:47 PM +0000 »

Welcome Bartosz,

There's no practice server other than tonight's, so you're okay there.  Your registration is complete and you'll be good to start at Silverstone, please note that your grid will be the slower grid, 15 minutes earlier at 2045GMT with 30 mins practice.

Podkrecony_Ziutek

All glory to the Hypnotoad!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: November 28, 2008, 09:46:15 AM +0000 »

Hi Bartosz

Welcome to UKGPL.  We need to know how fast you are so that we can assign you to the right division.  Do you have a GPL rank?  If not register here and upload your times.  What is your fastest lap at Silverstone in the 65s?  Please read the rules on the main web site and the bits about the Novices Division.  I hope the English is OK for you, I'm sure your English is a lot better than my Polish Grin.

Out right speed is not as important as racing etiquette.  But we need to be sure new drivers are of a minimum standard before joining a league race.  We will be running a practice server for the Silverstone novice race.  Please check IGOR this weekend.  Hopefully somebody from the UKGPL moderating team we be around to see how you are getting on.

Cheers

Phil

My PB at Silverstone is 1:35.64(in Lotus).

I didn't raced on all GPL track, so I don't have GPLrank.

I have question about choosing the chassis. I've found info that:
...The moderator will assign drivers to teams...
Can I go with the Lotus, or do I have to take other car?

Bartosz.

Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 28, 2008, 07:03:35 PM +0000 »

1:35s are a pretty respectable time, you should do OK in the novices if you can maintain consistency with lap times like that.  The thing to concentrate on now is on-line racing etiquette.  Please have a read through these guidelines.  They should ensure you get the the most enjoyment out of on-line racing. 
Jack O'Ferrall
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 28, 2008, 07:08:31 PM +0000 »

Bartosz, if you're happy with the Lotus you're okay with that, we've sufficient numbers of Hondas and Ferraris.  The Lotus can be tricky if you're not used to it though.
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 03, 2008, 12:45:55 AM +0000 »

Hi there. First post, so please be gentle! Smiley

I've been sim-racing for on and off the last 5 years or so. First it was GP3, then GP4, now it's GPL, though I dip my toes into the other 2 off-line sometimes.

I'm a member of another league (season and a half there) that's more private, but probably just as competitive, and it's there that somebody "politely suggested" that I join UKGPL, amongst other online GPL leagues, and try and hone my racecraft, as I can be a bit erratic, though I did win my first race in that league this year at Monza in the Eagle; albeit everything went to plan, even the engine letting go wasn't enough to stop me, as I was about a second quicker than the next car, which was a Honda driven by a madman.

My GPLRank is respectable, I only recently got it under 0, and that's with lots of time to find at the Nurburgring.

I'd like to join the Novice league and enter a couple races, but with Xmas coming up, there's no guarantee I'll be able to make the races when I go home. Is it worth me starting the process immediately, or waiting for next season? Personally, I'd like to start as soon as, but if anybody else says otherwise, I will of course respect that. Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Border Reiver

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 03, 2008, 04:56:25 AM +0000 »

Just a quick post in here to register and make Clive's life easier with the automatic results input.

So, here I am, and to minimise confusion I have registered here as Border Reiver, just the same as at RSC, SRMZ etc.

Cheers,

Rob
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2008, 07:30:00 AM +0000 »

Not my life that was being complicated but Phill's
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=5556.msg95283#new post #36

Thanks for the quick response Rob.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2008, 08:44:32 AM +0000 »

There aren't any more league races for the Novices until Jan 6th now as we're taking a break for Xmas but there will be some racing competitions organised for the 27th and 28th December though.

If you're just looking to jump online and practise and race together for fun then the practise server 5UKGPL is online most nights.

For the rest of this week though it will be used as a practise server for Sunday's 67 Clubmans race.

Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2008, 03:15:00 PM +0000 »

There aren't any more league races for the Novices until Jan 6th now as we're taking a break for Xmas but there will be some racing competitions organised for the 27th and 28th December though.

If you're just looking to jump online and practise and race together for fun then the practise server 5UKGPL is online most nights.

For the rest of this week though it will be used as a practise server for Sunday's 67 Clubmans race.

Was this in response to me? If so, does that mean I can just jump on the server some evenings and join in?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2008, 04:50:00 PM +0000 »

Was this in response to me? If so, does that mean I can just jump on the server some evenings and join in?

You sure can.

There is generally no pw on the practice server so anyone is welcome.  Personally I prefer company rather than droning around on my own.

If there is a pw then it will be the standard one that I think is shown on the header of each race thread.

Have fun.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2009, 05:30:12 PM +0000 »

Can I just say a really big thumbs up to the 65s! Been bombing round Zandvoort in the BT11 and it's the most fun I've had in ages!!!! Speaking of the BT11, am I limited by car choice, or for now can I choose what I like?

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2009, 07:54:31 PM +0000 »

Can I just say a really big thumbs up to the 65s! Been bombing round Zandvoort in the BT11 and it's the most fun I've had in ages!!!! Speaking of the BT11, am I limited by car choice, or for now can I choose what I like?

BT11's one of the easiest yet fastest cars you can get, just FYI. Smiley

Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2009, 10:00:12 PM +0000 »

Oh thanks Hristo, you just ruined it for me! Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com