Quarterly cost: �0

April 26, 2024, 04:24:36 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S17 East London: July 21, 2009
July 21, 2009, 09:46:53 PM +0100 - East London - UKGPL Season 17 (2009)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Paulo

BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 1 50:17.635
---
35 1:25.039
---
Dunlop  
Lorenzo Galluzzi
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 2 +3.612
---
35 1:25.353
---
Dunlop  
Stefan Roess65

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +40.914
---
35 1:26.001
---
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 4 +41.396
---
35 1:25.859
---
Dunlop  
Julien 65 Mondragon

Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 5 +43.289
---
35 1:26.018
---
Dunlop  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 6 +47.414
---
35 1:26.146
---
Dunlop  
Thor Fischer 65

Honda RA272 F1 1965 7 +53.418
---
35 1:26.338
---
Goodyear  
Uwe Herrling65

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 8 +1:02.310
---
35 1:26.547
---
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 9 +1:10.119
---
35 1:26.452
---
Goodyear  
JamesRye
 Reed Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 10 +1:16.095
---
35 1:26.684
---
Dunlop  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 11 +1L
---
34 1:26.974
---
Dunlop  
Turkey Machine
 Clark-Hill Racing
BRM P261 (1965) F1 1965 12 +29.515
---
34 1:26.806
---
Dunlop  
ACHIM KRAFT 65

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 13 +2L
---
33 1:26.561
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 +2:45.036
---
33 1:29.055
---
Dunlop  
Tom Schloss65

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 15 +4L
---
31 1:27.833
---
Dunlop  
Al Heller
 Clark-Hill Racing
Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 16 +20L
---
15 1:28.146
---
Dunlop  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 17 +21L
---
14 1:30.100
---
Goodyear  
MikeBeattie
 Drake Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 18 +28L
---
7 1:27.114
---
Dunlop  
GPLRACER6

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 19 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1965
1:25.039
---
Paulo
Race
BRM P261 (1965)July 21, 2009, 09:46:53 PM +0100
S17
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 17 (2009) - UKGPL v GPLR : GRID ONE - East London - Jul 21  (Read 11637 times)
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2009, 05:21:52 PM +0100 »

IT LIVES!!!!

Time to run some laps in the BRM then. Not done a lot of practice here.  angel

Anybody got a decent setup for the BRM at East London? Grin
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:23:49 PM +0100 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2009, 07:43:00 PM +0100 »

OK, I just spoke to Lorenzo, he'll be joining us (for real this time) and will take the Ferrari. That completes a full team of 9 for us.

Good luck all! Please, focus on finishing and don't take unnecessary risks, especially early on. It's a team effort. And if possible, don't battle each other too fiercely or you'd be slowing down and putting yourselves at risk.

MikeBeattie

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2009, 10:24:38 PM +0100 »

Darn that  Angry

I was in 7th chasing their Honda driver (Thor?) with Stefan all over my tail in their BT11, a really good clean dice. The Uwe lost the Ferrari at the chicane and ended up between me and Thor. I followed him over the line and got a good run out of T1, but needed it as Stefan was right on my tail. We were catching Stefan and I moved to the inside  to hope for an out bake into the Hairpin. But in the braking zone Uwe moved right and I ended up with 2 wheels on the grass and in the inevitable bump my engine got destroyed.    Gutted !

The Cooper is a nice car to drive round EL, but you really are waiting for the guy in front to make a mistake, for your only chance to pass. It's a bit frustrating.

Got a PB in the Qually (1.26.4) but lost in when the server crashed.

Hope the rest of you made it round

Cheers Mike
JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2009, 10:43:48 PM +0100 »

that was fun in the end, although I spun trying to close down 2 and had to wait for the entire pack to re-pass. I had a nice fighting race to finish in P10, good fight with John Walters I think  Smiley.

Ok and now for the bad....I realise that I should have waited before re-joining the server, but we hadn't been told to wait yet and so I went ahead. I can take the jovial comments fine, but someone (Paulo I think) used the F word, which I think is a bit out of order.

I haven't heard bad language on UKGPL before so it was a bit surprising and I hope it was in jest.

Anyhow a fun race, I wish I hadn't spun out of P2 cos I had a reasonable pace but I guess I deserved to!  Grin I overshot someone with a crazy late braking move as the door was left open....well done for leaving it open as  shot off in a haze of tyre smoke  Grin Grin Grin

Jim
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2009, 10:45:55 PM +0100 »

That's Jethro, James. Don't worry, I won't hold that one against you.

Could kill Achim for barging me off the road on the outside of T1. I lost my testicles near the barrier.

Still set a high 26 on low-ish fuel! Grin

Could have been better frankly. Was enjoying the midfield dice until I was forced out of it unnecessarily.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2009, 10:49:08 PM +0100 »

That's Jethro, James. Don't worry, I won't hold that one against you.

when I see J. Walters in Prib I always think Julie  ninja
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2009, 11:02:21 PM +0100 »

that was fun in the end, although I spun trying to close down 2 and had to wait for the entire pack to re-pass. I had a nice fighting race to finish in P10, good fight with John Walters I think  Smiley.

Ok and now for the bad....I realise that I should have waited before re-joining the server, but we hadn't been told to wait yet and so I went ahead. I can take the jovial comments fine, but someone (Paulo I think) used the F word, which I think is a bit out of order.

I haven't heard bad language on UKGPL before so it was a bit surprising and I hope it was in jest.

Anyhow a fun race, I wish I hadn't spun out of P2 cos I had a reasonable pace but I guess I deserved to!  Grin I overshot someone with a crazy late braking move as the door was left open....well done for leaving it open as  shot off in a haze of tyre smoke  Grin Grin Grin

Jim

Well, I (and others) said a couple of times in chat we're going to join in Qualifying order, so you must've not been looking, James. Anyway, not much harm done, because the race was long and passing (in equal cars anyway) is not too difficult here.

As for Paulo, I'm not sure if he's rude or just expresses himself like that. Not sure what or who he referred to at the end when he said "f**king noobs!!!", but anyway, just ignore... He thinks he's the best in the world just because he won in the fastest car, apparently. Wink

Personally, I had a fantastic race, hadn't had such in a LONG time. Started 7th and Evil politely let me by while we both passed a slow starter, so I was up to 5th, but then someone almost came to a stop (for no obivous reason) at the hairpin and I had to go off to avoid hitting him.

That dropped me to 13th or so, which triggered my red mist mode and I went on a crusade against all. Sorry if that included some of our teammates, but as far as I could tell from my pitboard (not using Pribluda anymore), it was mostly GPLRACER drivers who I fought the hardest. Some of ours let me by easily, for which I was very thankful.

There was one particular driver of the opposition, who, after having lost the inside line in the chicane, pushed me towards the gravel for no reason, but I refused to just go off. So he took himself off by hitting me and luckily it didn't affect me much.

After some laps I was up the order and challenging the top 6, most notably Clive, Thor, Stefan and Julien. Clive had an off after a few laps and dropped a bit back. After passing Thor, who sort of yielded his position freely, our titanic battle with Stefan began. It lasted until the end of the race and included tremendous amount of outbraking, side by side racing (including a whole lap side by side!!!), dicing under braking zones and what not. While doing this, Thor kept us in our sight, but was not close enough to make any real attack. At the same time, the 3 of us closed in on Julien who was in 3rd place.

I had the impression Julien's BT7 was slightly faster in straight line speed, but overall I was faster than both him and Stefan. That said, I had no real opportunity to pass Stefan, let alone stay ahead of him, and it all became even more difficult when I had to fight the two of them at once. At one point Stefan gave a slight nudge to Julien, which dropped him behind me. Then I braked a bit too late for the first hairpin and dropped behind Julien and Thor, but that only refueled my fire.

Passed Thor again and then fought Julien for a couple of laps before finally edging him out, but it was very closely contested. Stefan was just in sight at the point and there were 3 or 4 laps to go. I tried my best to create a chance for an attack, but Stefan didn't make any mistakes and so he finished half a second ahead of me.

Great, fair racing, some of the best I ever had in GPL. A pleasure to race with such people and an example of how it should be done. No blocking whatsoever, just a single change of line on the straights, and each of us leaving enough room when having another car on the side to account for warp.

It seemed like GPLRACER have won it in the points department, so congratulations! Grats to UKGPLers as well for giving their best. Lorenzo's 2nd without having practiced much is a great result, as well as the others down the grid.

Cheers,

-=Hristo=-

JamesRye

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2009, 08:41:10 AM +0100 »

'As for Paulo, I'm not sure if he's rude or just expresses himself like that. Not sure what or who he referred to at the end when he said "f**king noobs!!!", but anyway, just ignore... He thinks he's the best in the world just because he won in the fastest car, apparently. '

I did not know what he meant by that either, but I knew what he meant when he told me to F**K off in the in game chat!

Anyhow, water off a ducks back. Great result Lorenzo, Hristo and well done to all finishers  Cheesy
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2009, 11:12:50 AM +0100 »

Nice race in the end with a car that I hadn't raced much with 65 mod.
The start wasn't so good though. I was 10th on the grid with Mike, H and CliveL ahead and Stefan right behind me. Stefan had to have a turbo cause he passed me like a rocket at the start and it seems that he forgot to deactivate it at T1  while all got the turn with consideration of cars around and he touched the RR wheel of CliveL that half spun in front of me. I braked to avoid Clive but poor Jethro couldn't avoid me slowing down so I was launched in the air. Luckily I could rejoin dead last without much damage and nobody else suffered too much, even Stefan  Lips Sealed
After have passed Fabio and Billy I joined a train of four cars of similar performance, Tom, Achim, James and another that I don't remember that I battled with till the end.
I managed to pass Tom's Cooper but the Lotus were accelerating faster out of last turn to try a move at T2.
On last lap I was on the leader's way in the esses and I hope to not have slowed too much any of them trying to let them by.
Thx for organizing this race!
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2009, 12:09:24 PM +0100 »

I did not know what he meant by that either, but I knew what he meant when he told me to F**K off in the in game chat!

Sounds like he got FUN race mixed up with FU** race Wink  Well my race was more the latter than the former.. I did OK (for me) in quallie with a mid 27 but then the server crash happened so I wasn't really sure exactly where to start. The quality was very high for us novice boys so it was somewhere near the back of the grid anyway.

My first PRO race so I took a cautious approach at the start & was pleased to get through the opening laps unscathed. Was running behind a group that included Fulvio & Ryeman - then just as I started to find a decent rhythm the engine started billowing black smoke & that was that. First time I've had an engine blow in 65s too. Shame because although I wasn't that quick compared to the seasoned campaigners, I was confident of bringing it home for some team points.

Anyway congrats to GPLR & to all the finishers & thanks to Vos & the mods for organising the event.     
Turkey Machine

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2009, 01:10:40 PM +0100 »

The start wasn't so good though. I was 10th on the grid with Mike, H and CliveL ahead and Stefan right behind me. Stefan had to have a turbo cause he passed me like a rocket at the start and it seems that he forgot to deactivate it at T1  while all got the turn with consideration of cars around and he touched the RR wheel of CliveL that half spun in front of me. I braked to avoid Clive but poor Jethro couldn't avoid me slowing down so I was launched in the air. Luckily I could rejoin dead last without much damage and nobody else suffered too much, even Stefan  Lips Sealed
After have passed Fabio and Billy I joined a train of four cars of similar performance, Tom, Achim, James and another that I don't remember that I battled with till the end.
I managed to pass Tom's Cooper but the Lotus were accelerating faster out of last turn to try a move at T2.
On last lap I was on the leader's way in the esses and I hope to not have slowed too much any of them trying to let them by.
Ciao

Sorry about that Fulvio, I did my best to avoid hitting anybody, but if you're gonna hit somebody, best to do it square up the rear from experience.

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2009, 10:37:52 PM +0100 »

Not a great intro to interleague racing!
I practised a fair bit with the Ferrari but switched to the vacant BT11 the night before. The Brab was quicker the previous evening - at least by my humble standards. Qualifying was a nightmare - think I was still in Ferrari mode, couldn't find the brake points & then blew the engine twice. When we got on the grid my Prib read out was badly distorted but just about readable.
Decided to take the race easy but started to find a rhythm and get passable lap times - running in 16th which should have been good for some backmarker points. By lap 15 Paulo caught up to lap me. Having gained some experience of being lapped I tend to ease off in the straights & let the faster guys through. Paulo decided he could cut through on the apex of the second to last turn & ran straight into my rear end. My car was flipped - race over. Maybe I should have given way but that is easier said than done in a corner. I checked the replay & his car was showing up off / on track - maybe warp? Don't know if the points would have made a difference to UKGPL.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2009, 10:46:49 PM +0100 »

When we got on the grid my Prib read out was badly distorted but just about readable.
I sometimes get that but disconnecting and restarting GPL usually sorts it.  Occasionally I have to fire up GEM++ and rebuild the executables if it happens for one of the mods.

I've never had it where it was OK in praccy but no good in the race.  Are you saying Prib was OK in praccy but distorted in the race?
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 03:20:47 AM +0100 »

Not a great intro to interleague racing!
I practised a fair bit with the Ferrari but switched to the vacant BT11 the night before. The Brab was quicker the previous evening - at least by my humble standards. Qualifying was a nightmare - think I was still in Ferrari mode, couldn't find the brake points & then blew the engine twice. When we got on the grid my Prib read out was badly distorted but just about readable.
Decided to take the race easy but started to find a rhythm and get passable lap times - running in 16th which should have been good for some backmarker points. By lap 15 Paulo caught up to lap me. Having gained some experience of being lapped I tend to ease off in the straights & let the faster guys through. Paulo decided he could cut through on the apex of the second to last turn & ran straight into my rear end. My car was flipped - race over. Maybe I should have given way but that is easier said than done in a corner. I checked the replay & his car was showing up off / on track - maybe warp? Don't know if the points would have made a difference to UKGPL.

Shame, Billy. I think more and more people have come to realize the fact that apparently this Paulo is merely an asshole.  Roll Eyes

No worries though, I've spoken to Lorenzo and we're wound up to serve him what he deserves next time.  Cheesy

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 04:38:13 PM +0100 »

Ciao

Sorry about that Fulvio, I did my best to avoid hitting anybody, but if you're gonna hit somebody, best to do it square up the rear from experience.

It was instinctive, I think that if I had hit Clive on his side he wouldn't have survived Smiley

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com