Quarterly cost: �0

April 28, 2024, 02:00:00 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter Season 18 Amateurs Trophy?
Yes, expect 75% or more attendance - 19 (76%)
Yes, expect less than 75% attendance - 6 (24%)
Total Voters: 24

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 18 Amateurs Trophy Registration  (Read 12854 times)
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 02:59:58 PM +0100 »

Jethro learned to hate the BT7 sound creeping in around and deafening his BRM every time, lol.  Cheesy It's perhaps the only advantage of the little beetle.  Roll Eyes

*wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*

(My attempt on impersonating the sound of a BT7 humming in your ears)

more like a wasp in a jam jar Tongue

john
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 04:50:31 PM +0100 »

Jethro learned to hate the BT7 sound creeping in around and deafening his BRM every time, lol.  Cheesy It's perhaps the only advantage of the little beetle.  Roll Eyes

*wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww*

(My attempt on impersonating the sound of a BT7 humming in your ears)

more like a wasp in a jam jar Tongue

john
It was actually the Cooper I hated hearing whilst I had the BRM, but since that and the BT7 have the same 16 valve 1.5 litre V8 engine, they're both as whiney as each other. Very distracting to hear either car behind you and know there's somebody much faster than you waiting for an opportunity to get by.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Asbjeurn Tverberg

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 08:48:08 PM +0100 »

It was actually the Cooper I hated hearing whilst I had the BRM, but since that and the BT7 have the same 16 valve 1.5 litre V8 engine, they're both as whiney as each other. Very distracting to hear either car behind you and know there's somebody much faster than you waiting for an opportunity to get by.
If you're not having me behind you, that is. Then you've probably passed me, and I will disappear in the distance behind you.

"Gentlemen, start your computers!"
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 08:39:58 PM +0100 »

I've voted <75% to get on track when I get chance.  I don't expect it will be very often in this one, but see how it goes.  Anything but the lotus and BT11 for chassis please.  Been there done that for now.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Asbjeurn Tverberg

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 09:34:35 PM +0100 »

OK, I'll have a go at the Amateurs this season, as long as I can drive my beloved Ferrari. Like you, Steve, I voted < 75 % attendance, as I don't know if I'll be able to meet up at every race. It should be easier in the autumn, though, since this season doesn't have all those holidays as spring does here in Norway.

"Gentlemen, start your computers!"
natan5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2009, 09:20:18 PM +0100 »

Im in
Didnt decided wich car .
Maybe Fez os BRM
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 05:46:30 AM +0100 »

A question about car choice: are we going to be assigned chassis by the moderator and stick to those chassis for the rest of the season or is there some freedom involved?

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 11:34:43 AM +0100 »

They will be assigned by the mods for the season.

The only changes will be if somebody is either winning races easily or somebody is clearly not able to make the pace (myself excluded) Wink

Allocations are being held up slightly by about a dozen drivers from last season who have not yet registered but I have contacted them and asked them to register ASAP.

With or without them we will be done early this week so people changing from last season can practise with their new chariots.

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 03:51:48 PM +0100 »

They will be assigned by the mods for the season.

The only changes will be if somebody is either winning races easily or somebody is clearly not able to make the pace (myself excluded) Wink

Allocations are being held up slightly by about a dozen drivers from last season who have not yet registered but I have contacted them and asked them to register ASAP.

With or without them we will be done early this week so people changing from last season can practise with their new chariots.

OK, thanks, because I'm seeing lots of people saying what car they want to drive and wasn't sure what's going on.

b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 05:51:28 PM +0100 »

Is it possible to reserve Geoff a place while he moves house? I'm sure he will be along just as soon as he has his internet up again.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2009, 08:04:26 PM +0100 »

Is it possible to reserve Geoff a place while he moves house? I'm sure he will be along just as soon as he has his internet up again.
Registration stays open all season although he may end up being put in as a reserve if we get 19. Can't see anyone missing out on a drive
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 08:08:36 PM +0100 by vosblod » Logged
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 01:01:16 PM +0100 »

As I have just realised that this series starts in one weeks time!!!! Has any decision been made about chassis allocation ??  or can we start applying wax to my Waza's??? Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 10:50:07 PM +0100 »

OK then chaps, I have drawn up some chassis allocations (along with other mods) for the two 65 divisions. So far we have 14 drivers registered for Full Time Amateurs and 3 registered for Part Time places.

Where possible I have tried to accomodate your requested chassis but if for any reason you are not happy with your chosen chariot, address your concerns here, in a PM to myself or of course to Phil if need be.

Phil Thornton- Ferrari
Hristo- BT7
Evil Clive- Honda
Ken Murray- BT11
John Roberts- BT11
Samb- BRM
FullMetal- Honda
MikeBeattie- Cooper
TurkeyMachine- BT11
FPolicardi- BT11
JamesRye- BRM
Miner2049er- Lotus
Clutch- BT11
Podkreceny- Lotus
Steve B_1_rd- Ferrari
Natan- choice between the Honda or the BRM again

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2009, 06:25:37 AM +0100 »

I want the Cooper.

You have no idea of the effort BT7 requires and therefore impact on health in the long run over a season, just to be able to barely keep up the pace, especially on faster tracks. It's not that I can't do it, I just refuse to do it anymore. The way it is any chance of having fun is turned into plain masochism.  Roll Eyes

Considering the number of divisions (and leagues) I'm constantly handicapped in, it's a lot more than I'm willing to sacrifice for. In fact, sacrifices for me ended with last season. You can only do it for so long.

Of course I could slow down and settle for, say, 4th, but is that the target of handicapping? As a middle ground I would accept to drive the BT7 on slower tracks, if that suits you.

-=Hristo=-
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 06:27:51 AM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2009, 01:05:54 PM +0100 »

I can see your point, having to drive the slowest car, but the fact is that you are the fastest driver (IMO) so in an allocated division it makes sense for that to be the case.

If I were to allocate you the Cooper, I would also have to reallocate other drivers such as Mike who also has the Cooper, and the knock on effect is that people in the BT11 would then perhaps want to jump to a faster chassis too, until we get to the point where people in the Lotus (like me) have no faster chassis to go to. I can't see me being competitive with your times even in the BT7 let alone the Cooper, but then I don't expect to be winning in Amateurs anyway. The goal for me is to limit the number of times I get lapped and to try and beat my team mates.

I see your point of taking the Cooper at faster tracks but I don't think it is fair to change the division rules for just one driver, that way I could have 17 upset drivers as oppose to just one.

Looking at last season you still managed to win 3 races and would have won 4 (more than anybody else) but for the place penalties you received at Albi, and the championship was decided at the final race which suggests to me that we had an evenly balanced allocation (for the most part). Promoting you up a chassis would not I think be fair to the rest of the division.

This season's calendar has a couple of tracks that would hamper the BT7, Solitude (which also has a twisty section as you know), Kyalami where you qualified 2nd, Spa and Monza, but with the 2 worst results dropped that evens it out a little bit.

I would hate to lose you from the division as I guess would a few others but to change the rules for one driver does not seem fair either.

I welcome feedback from yourself and others.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:26:13 PM +0100 by miner2049er » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com