Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 08:13:40 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Sound  (Read 4818 times)
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2009, 10:12:53 PM +0000 »

I'm getting just a little miffed with GPL at the moment.  I get one problem sorted an another arrives!  PnG is looking more tempting every time I use GPL at the moment!

I seem to be losing sound randomly.  It's only just started happening. I haven't changed anything, happens in all mods, doesn't always happen, and seems to be completely random!

Any clues anyone?

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 12:17:32 AM +0000 »

Sound is a perenial problem in GPL. Turning down hardware acceleration to basic normally cures most problems.

Do this in windows dxdiag under sound tab.
Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 12:45:52 AM +0000 »

What a coincidence.

My team mate, NHance, phoned me the other day with the exact same problem which has also just started to occur over the past couple of days. (I sort all his GPL stuff, so have yet to pop round and have a look).

Maybe its related to a Windows Update that has been sent to all PC's recently, hence the problems occurring at the same time.

He's found that clicking on the mouse whilst racing restores the sound, but this obviously isn't satisfactory in the long term.

If you find a solution let me know, and vice versa. I'll be having a look at his GPL set up within the next week
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 12:52:47 AM +0000 »

PnG is looking more tempting every time I use GPL at the moment!
Wait for the 67 sports car mod Steve  Wink
Mind you I do like the PnG menu music  Afro
Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 01:05:30 AM +0000 »

Could be Huh Ive just been out and got myself a new sound card because my old sound blaster live was giving me grief in iracing Sad
if i hit a curb hard i would get a loud pop and all my sound would go, the only way to sort it was to hit a curb and or arm co barrier just as hard.
Got a X-FI card and now and i get crackling sounds and a slow down of my frame rate.
Don't race GPL myself, only P&G/ GTL /GTR2/rfactor/iracing/race 07 and Evo, I'm a busy Wink

Any help on this would be much appreciated
                                                                     Cheers Ade

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 10:16:15 AM +0000 »

thanks for the reply's chaps.  I was talking with Al H last night who also said about directx.

I cannot find a slider on Directx11 to turn the acceleration down, however I think that may only help in XP.  I am using Vista 64.

I think you're right Clutch, with the windows update creating the issue.  The mouse click does seem to work sometimes, so guess I'll have to keep trying that.

Ade, you may as well start GPL, you're doing everything else Wink

Thanks again all.

Steve

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 01:16:59 PM +0000 »

For ALL GPL related prblems (including sound problems)

I find Bob Simpsons FAQ is a must

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/showthread.php?t=105885

Cool
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 01:18:50 PM +0000 »

What a coincidence.

My team mate, NHance, phoned me the other day with the exact same problem which has also just started to occur over the past couple of days. (I sort all his GPL stuff, so have yet to pop round and have a look).

Maybe its related to a Windows Update that has been sent to all PC's recently, hence the problems occurring at the same time.

He's found that clicking on the mouse whilst racing restores the sound, but this obviously isn't satisfactory in the long term.

If you find a solution let me know, and vice versa. I'll be having a look at his GPL set up within the next week

Use "End It All"  before loading up GPL

Works for me  Cool

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 05:09:59 PM +0000 »

I agree with you Bernie, if I don't run "End it all" I have problems like not connecting to servers, wierd sound glitches and other niggling probs.

It will turn off everything that is running in the background on your computer, all the wierd stuff that is always on standby but you never actually use, including your anti-virus software ( which always chooses the middle of a particularly hot race to perform an automatic update!!! ), but if VROC or IGOR are the only connections to the web world you are going to make then you wont need it . Just remember to switch it back on before you start browsing again Roll Eyes

That way you free up all available computer resources for the important stuff like GPL.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Ken Murray

Ducati 996 @ Cadwell Mountain

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 05:56:16 PM +0000 »

I don't use End-it-All, I just make sure my PC has no crap running in the background to begin with!!! Smiley
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 07:42:40 PM +0000 »

If I knew how to do that I would, but I don't, so Enditall solves that prob Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 09:02:52 PM +0000 »

Enditall won't stop your AV from running , nor do you need to switch everything back on to "normal" settings when you've done with GPL

Any programmes will run as normal, regardless of enditall,  as soon as you put out the call to use them .

Its also a great tool you can use to find which prog if any, is causing problems.

using it wont effect VROC or GEM but it will make more PC resources available and stop the annoying stuff from behind .

I have my AV set to update on power on and scan once per week on monday AM

Roll Eyes

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 10:04:22 PM +0000 »

Hmmm, Bernie.
 If I understand the screen when End it all does its thing, then one of the things it "ends" is my AV ??

Rank   Only when I sweat
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2009, 06:02:51 PM +0000 »

I may have found what's doing this.  Although I put the caveat on that I haven't tried it yet!

My son plays World Of Warcraft and he was experiencing the game minimising every 30 minutes! I too was getting a minimise in PnG. This raised some alarm bells and I did a search on google, it would seem AVG9 (free) may be causing an issue.

Apparently the quick fix for now is to uninstall everything to do with AVG, then do a clean install from HERE.

I will try it out later.

I guess the AVG guys will be working at solving the issue as soon as they can, but hopefully this will sort it out in the mean time.

....now to sort out the 'passworded' GPL server issue!

Steve

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2009, 06:20:07 PM +0000 »

Apparently the quick fix for now is to uninstall everything to do with AVG, then do a clean install from HERE.
Or use Avast - works fine for me http://www.avast.com/
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com