Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 11:56:18 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 19 - Mid Season Review  (Read 10556 times)
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 11:49:54 AM +0100 »

There might be a question of tow when it comes to the Honda. I had a race at Montlhery with the GPLRACER and Thor Fischers Honda was really fast when behind me, I was in the BT11.

My test was of cause alone with no tow in action. I must try to do a test with tow, I just wonder how it should be done to be credible.

Quote from vosblod on Today at 12:37:25AM
stick H in a BT7 and he can still win

But only if the track has more than two turns.  Grin

Göran
G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 11:52:15 AM +0100 »

Btw, how do you do quotes? Mine is not right.

Göran
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2010, 12:14:20 PM +0100 »

I would agree with Gorans finding re the Honda's top speed, it's power makes it very quick in the draft but it seems to have poor aerodynamics as it isn't very fast when on it's own.
In terms of a side by side drag race the Honda will always be slaughtered by cars like the BRM when in race trim as the BRM is so slippery  Smiley
Only real advantages I find the Honda has over the BT11 are that the Honda is more stable in a drift and the gearing allows you to gear for low speed corners and get slighty better exits that way.
BT11 has better top end, grip, and braking with mid and high end acceleration that is probably on a par with the Honda - It really is no suprise to me that Clive and I did so well in the Brabham! I suspect Laguna Seca would have been a different result had I been in the Waza wagon!

Goran:
To qoute Vosblod you needed to click on the 'Qoute' tab in the top right of his post instead of the 'reply' tab at the bottom of the page,
or
Having clicked reply you can then click the 'Insert Qoute' tab for the relevant post that is found in the top right of every post in the summery below your text box Smiley
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2010, 06:20:19 PM +0100 »

Going back to the original agenda for a second.

Keep the damage model the same for Privateers and Works drivers. That way they can compete on an even level when only one grid is available. Plus inetermediate damage would send out a negative impression to potentila drivers that they are second class.

As for a joint grid. Slow drivers would need luck and reliability just to finish let alone get in the points. While faster drivers would need luck and patience to lap backmarkers to secure victory. This sounds great for Privateers (not set on winning every race) wishing to compete with the Works drivers. But a world of pain for the Works drivers who do not want to deal with Privateers. Me, I'm happy with whatever you guys decide.

No connection problems thus far.

I have not had to use of been involved in any moderating and appeals so am unable to comment.

Your existing rules on passing for position/lapping and being lapped seem pretty clear to me at least. Keep to the spirit of 67. Regardless of the speed differential of the drivers involved, if its for position race fairly. If its a lapping situation the faster drivers I have encountered thus far are more than capable of making a safe pass with or without the co-operation of the slower driver. Yeah you might have to wait until the next straight but hey read your own rules. Weavingto break the tow or blocking often involves the perpetrator going way off the racing line and usually off track anyway.

Tracks to consider - Monza in any shape or form, what about the banked version? Again whatever you guys decide.

NHance

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2010, 08:50:47 PM +0100 »

Really sorry if I got us off the main subject. Mine was a Novice point of view. Perhaps this is not the forum for this. Mods have enough to think about. Let's close it eh.

Norm H
G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2010, 10:37:04 AM +0100 »

To qoute Vosblod you needed to click on the 'Qoute' tab in the top right of his post instead of the 'reply' tab at the bottom of the page,

Sorry NHance, I just need to try this quote thing.

AND, It seems there is more to the order of cars then I first realized.

Göran

G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2010, 10:38:51 AM +0100 »

Sorry about the quote thing I will get it right some time.

Göran
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2010, 01:39:45 PM +0100 »

Sorry about the quote thing I will get it right some time.

Göran

you mean like this one when you quote someones post by clicking on the quote button at top right hand side

Or this one when you want to insert quotes or comments , done by clicking on the little "insert quote " button which has a picture of a talk bubble

Or you can type the HTML code yourself

whichever you use you need to type your reply between the quote boxes .

« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 01:43:25 PM +0100 by bernie » Logged
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 06, 2010, 01:19:20 PM +0100 »

60 fps patch.

This has now reached a good level of maturity that I believe it should be seriously considered for future UKGPL races. It's mandatory in another league I run in, and is now compatible with the 67 patch.

I think some test races should be run with it in the off-season, and maybe running it in one league to start with to see how it behaves.

Thoughts?

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2010, 05:21:07 PM +0100 »

I think some test races should be run with it in the off-season, and maybe running it in one league to start with to see how it behaves.
Thoughts?
Test race sounds fine but I don't believe everyone can run it without problems.
Until everyone can run it I wouldn't be keen on turning away drivers...
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 06, 2010, 05:38:32 PM +0100 »

is there more updates to it then.  I've ever had any issues with 60FPS, but for those that have, if there are updates I'm sure they would love to know where they are?

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 06, 2010, 06:27:07 PM +0100 »

Run the hi-est res version of Targa against a full grid with all details on max Steve, and then tell me you don't have problems Wink

Even with a Quad core black edition Phenom II, 4 gig of RAM and an ATI HD4870/90 I then get slowdown in places @ 60hz! Same goes for Montjuic  hammer

Admittedly that can be fixed if I install lower quality versions of the track, but I have a monster and WANT to run everything on Max settings!  Grin
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2010, 06:57:34 PM +0100 »

Run the hi-est res version of Targa against a full grid with all details on max Steve, and then tell me you don't have problems Wink

Even with a Quad core black edition Phenom II, 4 gig of RAM and an ATI HD4870/90 I then get slowdown in places @ 60hz! Same goes for Montjuic  hammer

Admittedly that can be fixed if I install lower quality versions of the track, but I have a monster and WANT to run everything on Max settings!  Grin
I sense the iRacing geek in you wants to max that too. Tongue

Thoughts?
Test race sounds fine but I don't believe everyone can run it without problems.
Until everyone can run it I wouldn't be keen on turning away drivers...

It depends on which tracks we run (obviously) but in my experience it's been absolutely fine for the Papy tracks, Nurburgring included and some popular add-on tracks too. I haven't yet tried it in 65, 66 or 69 mod.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2010, 07:34:00 PM +0100 »

but I have a monster and .....

It's not what you have, it's how you use it that counts  Tongue

Grin

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2010, 07:38:01 PM +0100 »

Dual Quad and no matter how many cores you have, GPL doesn't care - it would only use one. So if your single core is something like 1-2 GHz your CPU isn't better than a typical CPU 5 years ago as far as GPL goes.

I'm against the 60 fps patch, we're already hurting for members it's silly to put more people off by using the patch. I'll be one of them for sure, my PC can't handle full grids even on less graphically challenging tracks when I run the patch.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com