Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 07:24:49 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S20N Spa: December 07, 2010
December 07, 2010, 09:47:37 PM +0000 - Spa (GPL) - UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Artiglietti

Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 2 +0.183
---
1 37:04.126
---
10 3:41.066
---
Dunlop  
il_lupo_mannaro

Ferrari 512 F1 1965 5 +1.561
---
2 +13.513
---
10 3:40.099
---
Dunlop  
Ross Neilson
 Clark-Hill Racing
Brabham BT7 (Climax) F1 1965 6 +4.149
---
3 +25.784
---
10 3:42.343
---
Dunlop  
Ronniepeterson

Lotus 33 (Climax 1965) F1 1965 4 +1.542
---
4 +36.023
---
10 3:39.831
---
Dunlop  
miner2049er
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 8 +5.210
---
5 +36.844
---
10 3:43.034
---
Dunlop  
blito
 Nessuna Speranza
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 10 +6.169
---
6 +53.441
---
10 3:43.188
---
Dunlop  
Nigel Smith
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA272 F1 1965 11 +6.381
---
7 +55.827
---
10 3:41.972
---
Goodyear  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 12 +6.553
---
8 +57.713
---
10 3:41.448
---
Dunlop  
norbert
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 7 +4.808
---
9 (+3) +1:10.740
---
10 3:44.249
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Cooper T77 (Climax) F1 1965 9 +5.757
---
10 +1:11.128
---
10 3:42.079
---
Dunlop  
NHance
 Mountside Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 1 3:38.970
---
11 +1:17.782
---
10 3:41.083
---
Goodyear  
adamg67

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 3 +1.085
---
12 (+2) +7L
---
3 3:41.731
---
Goodyear  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 13 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
happyal
 Clark-Hill Racing
Ferrari 512 F1 1965 14 ---
---
Dunlop  
5 UKGPL.65

Brabham BT11 (Climax) F1 1965 15 ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

Spa is a truly classic circuit and always brings some good close racing, none more close than Mike and Ronnie through Masta. How anybody can drive so closely with their eyes closed I'll never know.

The race wasn't without incident but was perhaps the cleanest of the season so far.

Martin Hunt continued his tradition of not completing a single lap on the circuit. Well done!

After the Christmas break we have 5 great tracks that will bring a thrilling close to the season.

Server replay time: 0h02m55s

MHunt and Norbert enter Stavelot side by side. Norbert can see MHunt on the inside but turns in too sharply.
The server shows no contact and the reaction of Norbert's Ferrari suggests Warp is involved but he clearly cut across MHunt who had his own spin following the incident.
MHunt is ahead at one point but having the inside line and the slower car, the cars are almost level at turn in.
Martin claimed responsibility for this incident but the moderators disagree. Norbert should have known Martin was there as he could clearly be seen and heard.

Unfortunately for Norbert, this is a lap 1 incident which adds an extra penalty place.
Norbert also took a SHIFTR with no SnG but seeing as it is almost Christmas I will waive the 30 second penalty as the 3 lost places is deemed sufficent.

Server replay time: 0h15m25s

Adam approaches La Source and brakes far too late.
As Fabio turns in to take the corner Adam hits him.
Adam has no overlap and simply out braked himself.
Adam was also having screen stutter problems in the race and retired following this incident.

Server replay time: 0h21m25s

So the trickiest incident of the moderation then, NHance is slow out of Malmedy and RogUK gains on him and attempts a pass on the left hand side while Norbert uses his superior power and exit speed to attempt a pass on the right hand side.
NHance had started to drift left but seeing RogUK he drifts right again where Norbert is squeezing past.
When Norbert starts his pass there is plenty of room and he is fully entitled to attempt a pass, though a more sensible approach would have been to do it on the run to Stavelot, but it is a valid overtake attempt and he does get alongside NHance.
Seeing NHance moving towards him he reacts by driving onto the grass and fights for control then moves back on to the tarmac where NHance now is beside him.
At this point I think Norbert is out of control but he is almost past NHance when the 2 collide and collect a helpless RogUK.

This was a tricky one because NHance moves across track a couple of times and Norbert loses control, so either could be penalised but because it is considered a valid overtake attempt I have classed it as a Contested Side by Side contact which penalises neither driver.
We do not want to discourage side by side racing or even in this case, 3 abreast racing and this was just an unfortunate incident.

• Racing incident

Server replay time: 0h31m20s

Fabio passes Ronnie on the run down to Burnenville and they enter the left hander side by side but Ronnie takes too tight a line and suffers a warp contact from Fabio's Ferrari.
Fabio does drift out towards the centre line but Ronnie has already warped by that time.

Warp Incident

• Racing incident

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 20 (2010-2011) Novices Trophy (65) - Spa (1967) - Dec 7  (Read 8193 times)
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 10:52:01 AM +0000 »

First time in the BT7 so my aim was just bag some good points and move on to the next round. In qually I might have gone a little bit quicker but certainly not enough to move up the grid - the gap to 5th was 2.5 seconds!!  Shocked

So 6th in the race was the best I could hope for unless others fell off, which they rather helpfully did! I think Rog, Norm, Ronnie and Fabio all had some troubles or other so at one point I might even have been second. Fabio's flying Fezza recovered quickly though and just blew past me, I didn't see much point in fighting him and risking an incident. Third is more than I could have expected so very pleased with my result.

I agree with Blito, the start was clean, shows that we are all learning how to race closely - and give the moderator an easier time of it Wink

Well done to AA for working miracles in the Coop, and to Fabio for recovering to 2nd place. Looks like I prevented the Italians taking a clean sweep of the podium  Grin

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
adamg67

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2010, 11:53:15 AM +0000 »

Does anyone know where the server replay is for last night? I was so annoyed with myself I forgot to save mine, and I need to make my confession to the moderator.
Ross Neilson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2010, 12:13:31 PM +0000 »

Replays are here

http://www.jamesonline.net/ukgpl/

Racing as Ross Neilson 65/66/69 for Clark-Hill Racing
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2010, 12:33:06 PM +0000 »

Can't believe these qually times. I'm going to have to have a division to myself (learners perhaps?)

Well done all. Sorry to miss it.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2010, 02:33:35 PM +0000 »

Congratulations to Attilio, Fabio and Ross. I thought I might have made the podium but it was not to be. No matter what I tried I could not close Attilio down, boy that Cooper was flying. I was also aware of a fast charging Fabio in his Ferrari. Inevitably he caught me and made a clean pass. At the same time I spun off but suffered no more than hurt pride. It seemed a strange one at the time as the pass was clean and we both left each other enough room. Looks the same on the server replay (GPL collision detection maybe??). Anyway I just about heard Ross coming so let him through before salvaging 4th after a scrap with Mike.  Well done everybody for getting away at the start safely for what turned out to be a good race.
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2010, 03:09:13 PM +0000 »

Thanks Blito for the how to log on info. Still had my own problems so only 20 mins left when I started qually. Can't grumble at result. Slow off the line as usual but I was happy as AA & I started to get a gap to 3rd. AA was faster in the corners but I had the power to get back on the long straights. Determined I would stay 2nd & try & make a certain passing position if possible before the end but if not 2nd would do nicely. Lap 3 engine blew. Then on lap 6 I was involved in an incident with Rog & Norbert for which I will possibly get a penalty. Think appologies are due to those two so take it as read. Well done podium finishers. Expected Fabio to do well but ................ thank goodness we're not going to Monza

Another engine gone. Using Clutch's gearing from an old set up of his. His current is even lower. Gave 10400rmp at 170+mph at end of Masta with no tow. "Bit revvy that, what if I get a tow" I said. "Just get to the front" he replied  Roll Eyes.

Post race inquest shows Mountside are having a poor season compared to the last one  Sad.  But we are undaunted. A bit early but seasons greetings & see you in the new year Smiley.

Norm H
Geoff65
Former UKGPL Moderators

Aussie Paul Hawkins. Sitting in Porsche 910

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2010, 06:36:57 PM +0000 »

Then on lap 6 I was involved in an incident with Rog & Norbert for which I will possibly get a penalty. Think appologies are due to those two so take it as read.

I doubt you should be penalised for that Norm, Norbert should have known he was gonna run out of road there and run down the outside on the straight for an inside pass at Masta. After watching the server replay, I felt you were theinjured party there. Time will tell, but it looked more like Norbert bouncing off the dirt verge caused the contact more than you closing him down.
Geoff.

www.clark-hillracing.com

"Racing is life.....anything that happens before or after, is just waiting"
Steve McQueen from "Le Mans"

GPL Rank +15.145 29/3/2012
NHance

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2010, 07:33:45 PM +0000 »

Long time since you made a posting on here Geoff unless I missed it. A few more like the above would be popular on my pit wall anyday. Hope Mike makes a mental note. Anyway thanks for that

Norm H
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2010, 07:42:40 PM +0000 »

I love Spa but never go that well there. Something to do with carrying speed through corners and my lack of ability to do it. Still, I can make speed up on the straights ................. oh.

Anyway, just aimed to get as many points as I could and 5th was about right. Enjoyed my tussle with Blito who passed cleanly despite me clinging to the racing line and making him go off it, then he politely threw it away at Les Combes and let me by.

Most of my race was then a solo effort apart from the last couple of laps with Ronnie in his wayward Lotus, and while I could get into his tow and move alongside, as soon as I did I lost speed and had to fall in behind him. We had a mighty close one through Masta that was fun, even with my eyes closed, but we made it home safely.

The last 5 circuits should be very interesting as they have a nice infield with at least one fast straight.

il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2010, 09:39:45 PM +0000 »

Spa is one of the tracks I love most but, with the 65s, it takes an eternity to complete a lap!! Anyway I improved my race lap more than 2" from last season's race...

Qualify: I started from 4th place, as Ronnie set a 0,02" faster laptime than mine on the very last lap. The top 2 were really too fast!!

Race: it was quite good (again, 2nd place + 2nd FL, as last Sunday with Graduates: maybe it's such a curse?!?). Only one issue: I was hit on my back (from Adam I guess) on the braking zone before La Source but, good luck, my reliable Italian red car didn't need a Stop'n'Go.

Grats to everybody raced, to the winner and to the race organization.

Long Live GPL! Long Live UKGPL!!

See you next year in Imola

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2010, 09:56:39 PM +0000 »

Sorry Mike. Your right about that run through Masta together it looks scary but cool on the replay. Apologies for the wayward Lotus but my handling/tyres were shot after trying to chase Attilio down and I only had top speed to keep you at bay. Congrats again to the podium trio.
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2010, 11:10:22 PM +0000 »

The last 5 circuits should be very interesting as they have a nice infield with at least one fast straight.

Always glad to hear there is somewhere to let people past Sad

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2010, 10:45:27 AM +0000 »

Obviously very happy to grab a win on my first outing with the reasonably priced car. Wink

I did practice a lot for this one, since I love SPA end really wanted to have a competitive race around here. But I have to say, in the 65 cars it is not the same thing..Anyway, I even used the 'slicer' to cut off those endless straights, feeling rather silly at times, but hey, it did pay off in the end!

I pulled off a pretty good lap in qually, which gave me second on the grid. Less than hoped, but better than expected. Didnt think the menace would come from NH this time around though, since his previous seasons' laptimes werent great. I think the guy sliced a few seconds off them though! Well done to you, you are happily lining up for that much coveted six geared green thing...

When I saw I was on the inside for turn 1 on the grid, I thought: 'mmm handy, but you  better be either well ahead or well behind when you get there, if you really want to increase your points in the right box of the board this time'. As it turned out I had a brill start, which coupled with NH not so good one gave me a very welcome lead early on.

From then on, it was all about keeping the pressure and not making anything too silly. Which isnt that easy around this circuit, since high speeds mean if you touch anything you usually find yourself with a modified machine...

Commiserations to the unlucky NH, it seems following me doesnt really bring you any good, especially when the game does give me my pink helmet of choice Cool...but you were quicker all in all, it would have been difficult to keep you behind the whole race. Grats to Il Lupo Fabio, for his brilliant recovery, and to Ross, who managed an outstanding third in the mosquito. Must say, I wasnt very pleased to see you in third at the end  Wink, with that consistency and that point lead, you will be really difficult to catch!

Now (well, in a while..) off to Imola, which, looking at the best laptimes,  I suspect will be as hard a mountain to climb as Spa.
While I was learning to know my new car, I realised to spend the entire season having either to be substantially quicker than the opposition, or just plodding around waiting for them to make a mistake can become rather dull and frustrating. I wonder if the league has ever experimented with the discarding system to smoothen up the handycapping problem. Something along the lines of having a token for 2 or 3 races in proper cars during the season, but being forced to discard 1 or 2 results more than the others at the end. This would allow for some more rewarding outings to look forward to for the quicker/more experienced guys in the slow cars. Just a thought that popped in my mind, probably it has been  already discussed and dismissed years ago though..see you all soon, ciao!

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2010, 11:08:53 AM +0000 »

I was hoping for a handicapping system where they gave you a car with three wheels Atillio. Might stand a chance then Cheesy

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2010, 12:38:23 PM +0000 »

Paul, it DOES have 3 wheels, theres a fake forth one just for an aesthetic purpose Grin Grin!

Ross's mosquito has got 2 though, theres a hole in the bottom for the feet, and he has to run as quick as he can, I heard he was trying to improve his fittness level around Kylami last night... Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com