Quarterly cost: �0

April 29, 2024, 02:32:15 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPP Oakes Field
S4455GPW Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RESULTS OF GT TEAM RACE SERIES,  (Read 2166 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2011, 09:29:32 PM +0000 »

BELOW IS THE LINK TO THE SPREADSHEET SHOWING THE POINTS ETC. FOR ALL THE RACES.

HERE ARE THE INDIVIDUAL POINTS SCORED IN THE SERIES.

Andrea                          12
Axel ( Cookie)                 29
Fulvio Policardi                79
Martin Hunt (maddog)       11
SAMB                            53      
Steve Bird                      29   
PEDRO vd Berg                34
Natan Veksler                  7   
JUHA                              66
Al Heller                          6        
Nicky Ickx                      88   
Paul Badblood                 38   
Lupo  Minaro                  18      
Podkrecony Zuitek          31   
Ronnie Peterson             74
Zach Blito                   27      
Phil Thornton              70   
Evilclive                     56   
Fran Molteni               14   
Goran Jonsonn          113   
Hristo Itchov              72   
Happy Al Baldwin       31   
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:31:24 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:00:20 PM +0000 »

Congratulations to the Orange Team for a comprehensive win and for conning me at the beginning of the series. lol

""Göran

PS. But just as you know 24 Tokens might be a bit much to "pay" for me in these cars.   "  !!!!   ahem!!!  113 points!!!
"PS. I hope you do not mind Hristo, but we may not have tokens for the best cars.
Hristo
As long as it has a relatively strong engine I'm OK with it. I can see issues you mention though - we could end up with teams of 1 fast and 1 slow driver with a fast car, and they would dominate against teams of 2 fast drivers and a slow car. ""   Yeah really???
lololol

If we discount the underhand whingeing about their tokens by the Orange team to gain the advantage at the beginning of this series, Roll Eyes the points across the other Full time teams did not work out too far apart with all drivers making a contribution.  So I think the handicapping and token allocation was not too far wrong.

Seriously though folks!....

Undoubtedly the Chaperaal 2F was the dominant car. I was going to create a table to show the points scored by each chassis, but because there were many driver changes it would have been somewhat artificial. If you want to do it for yourselves then be my guest  Wink

I think that if Goran had been held to his original token value and had been forced to "buy" a slightly cheaper car, the end result across all of the teams would have been much closer.

It does show that some strong team results make a big difference to the final points totals. Notably Ronnie's points tally in the Porsche boosted his teams final position, showing that getting to the finish really makes a difference ( don't look at my miserable contribution!!  no)

IF we want to run a TEAM Championship next season I think we have the outline of a possible format that will work on almost any mix of circuits.
A little tweaking of token values for drivers and cars is probably all that is needed for a close team competition. There could also be a title for the highest individual points total for a driver ( just to massage the egos of the aliens  Wink )

« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 10:06:06 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:17:37 PM +0000 »

Great work Clive.  Thanks for organizing an entertaining series.  Hope we run something like this in Season 21 Smiley
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 11:46:37 PM +0000 »

Grin

We weren't trying to trick you though, it was geniuine reasoning on our side and the fact that you saw it the same way as us proves it. The fact remains that we simply made sure to FINISH and we also PREPARED well before each event. The rest comes naturally, more or less.

Oh and you have to remember I lost a 3rd and a 1st place due to DQ, with the latter most likely to have remained 1st even if I had made a stop/go, so the picture could've been worse (for the rest).  Wink

Anyway, thanks for organizing the series, it was surprisingly a lot of fun and although I still dislike some things about the GT mod (wheels locking up, high poly count = bad fps), I'm looking forward to doing more races. I hope we manage to come up with the best possible championship and handicap (if any) systems, so everyone would have a fair chance to enjoy close racing.

I also hope the tracks are considered to be chosen in relation to the allowed chassis, so we avoid such abominations as forcing someone to run a Porsche at Monza, unless they like to suffer by their own free will.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 01:50:24 AM +0000 »

A big hand Clive for taking this on. I sort of thought we want to try it but had no idea how I Am Not Worthy
il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 08:18:26 AM +0000 »

Thx Clive for setting up this fun champ, I really enjoyed it!! thumbup2

@Nicky & Paul
I guess the Blue Team scored a good result, indeed!! punk
We could do it even better if I would finished more than a single race... oops

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 08:51:32 AM +0000 »

Just to add my thanks to clive for the fun we all had.

I have an idea for the championship, we basicly have 3 different one, 1 for the team leader, 1 for the second driver and 1 for the novice drivers. As well as the teams.

Might make it a little more interesting for the other drivers, and that way your always racing against someone, even if you are 4 laps down in the race.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 09:05:03 AM +0000 »

Thanks again for all the extra work Clive.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 10:12:51 AM +0000 »

Just having some fun Hristo   Wink   
But, it was interesting that Goran performed more or less as well as I had originally predicted. If he had kept his 24 token rank, he may not have been able to take the Lola, and it may have reduced his impressive points total. Which would have meant more points for someone else and might have made the Team Results closer.  I suspect that you would have been favourite for most races Hristo, once we discovered exactly how quick the 2F was compared to the other cars.

But that is what we needed to discover from these races, i.e. the relative pace of the different chassis and also data on the fabled "reliability" factor, which it appears is not really much different to that in the 67's??

The whole series was about discovery of the GT's and how we race them, so it was good to see what actually worked and what did not.

I am currently dreaming up a series of maybe 5-6 races, or however many we have time for before the next season kicks off.

In order to allow drivers to try more cars we might try and use the 100 token system on an individual level, so that drivers have a free choice of car, but there will be no chance of being able to take a top car for every race. The values of the various cars will be updated based upon our experience.

One or more races might also have rolling starts and/or a pit stop applied to try and even out the performance. That would be advertised well in advance to help drivers make their choice and I will choose a circuit where the entry and exit from the pits should not cause too many issues.
It might be an idea to run a BREASTS GT fun race with pitstops, to allow a trial run for those who have not done this before. I assume that the "GPL WAIT" software is still downloadable?? Must take a look for that, although I think I have a copy that I can upload somewhere.

With input and opinions from all you guys,  what I hope to end up with, is a race format that actually "feels" a bit different to all the other mods and gives everyone involved a chance to enjoy some really good racing and a chance of glory. Whether that turns out to be a Team Championship or an Individual competition is still open to debate.
I do believe that the Team element in this short series did give greater satisfaction to those fighting in the midfield. Because it meant that they really were fighting for important points against the cars around them on track, which could ( and did)  make a difference to which team came out on top.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 10:25:27 AM +0000 »

It might be an idea to run a BREASTS GT fun race with pitstops, to allow a trial run for those who have not done this before. I assume that the "GPL WAIT" software is still downloadable?? Must take a look for that, although I think I have a copy that I can upload somewhere.
Yes, there is a link at the bottom of the Pit Stops page.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 10:51:19 AM +0000 »

I don't think we can draw conclusions on the pace of the cars, because unless you clone a single driver 19 times and let all clones run the different chassis, there would always be the driver factor which makes a difference. I'm not quite convinced the 2F is the fastest car, because I've barely driven some of the others and it was only the slower ones. I've not tried the Fords and the Ferrari yet. And yet again, it really depends on the track as well...

As for trying pitstops in BREASTS, I'm fine with that, but we should run it as a passworded event to avoid outsiders joining in clueless about what we're trying to do.

On the issue with reliability, I think these cars are much more reliable than the '67 F1 cars. As you recall, I've only had my first ever blown up engine while exiting the pits at Adeliade last Wednesday, and despite pushing completely in Qualifying runs and speed shifting ocassionaly, the cars have never had any mechanical failures whatsoever.

Al Heller
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 11:13:20 AM +0000 »

Fridays are not much good for me so I wasn't able to take part in this series. Pleased to see I still managed to score 6 points without entering any races though - how'd I manage that?!
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 11:25:18 AM +0000 »

I also want to thank Clive for setting this up.

And I did some calculating and the fact is that if I would have had the original 24 tokens we could have used the Lola, Chapp 2D and a Porsche. And I do think we would have won even then. The problem we had was that we did not know then that we would have Al as a regular Orangee and that was the cause of the tokens discussion.

Anyway I think Al`s idea of a multi layer championship could be a way to go. I really liked the team stuff just because it did matter what you did even if you were not winning. And when we have teams with fast, middle and slower drivers all will have fun races even if you are not winning, and you are helping the team to win even if you finish 9Th, or something.

I also like that we for once had fast drivers in fast cars. Because it does not really matter, I think, what we put Hristo and Juha in they will be at the front anyway, well I am not talking about Porsche at Monza, but overall.

And I do not mind because we all know who is fast and who is not so fast and I do not think it to be less fun then to put the fast drivers in a slow car just so that I can be up front not needing to improve my driving. After all to improve my driving is the main thing to me, more important then winning championships.

Göran

blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 11:27:32 AM +0000 »

Fridays are not much good for me so I wasn't able to take part in this series. Pleased to see I still managed to score 6 points without entering any races though - how'd I manage that?!

I suspect the 6-point entry should be for "happy" Al Baldwin  Roll Eyes

Jason Blito
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 11:31:35 AM +0000 »

Anyway I think Al`s idea of a multi layer championship could be a way to go. I really liked the team stuff just because it did matter what you did even if you were not winning. And when we have teams with fast, middle and slower drivers all will have fun races even if you are not winning, and you are helping the team to win even if you finish 9Th, or something.

Göran

I agree with that, as i think it would be a good way of the top guys "cascading" their knowledge and experience down the slower guys.
Also, as Goran said, it was was good to have the fast guys doing their thing in the fast cars. Being lapped 4 times over at Monza was good "mirrors" practise for me!

And finally, thanks to Clive for getting this off the ground - good work fella!

Jason Blito
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com