Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 10:38:56 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
Forthcoming
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…
S4455GPW Oakes Field
S4455GPP Oakes Field

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: GT fun Race Brands Hatch March 25th  (Read 3365 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 07:50:17 PM +0000 »

Thanks Fulvio

Password tonight will be   "druids"

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 10:17:25 PM +0000 »

Well that was fun until I cocked up my second pit stop.  The Ferrari was a joy to drive round Brands but with such a long pit stop time it was going to be tough to stay at the front.

Got a decent start and was holding a comfortable 3rd for a while.  I caught the grass at South Bank and ended up spinning and got in the way of someone (Goran I think - sorry M8) so that dropped me back quite a bit.  Later on after taking my first 56 second pit stop, I was following H (who had just lapped me) and I crashed into Clear Ways so I decided to take my second stop.  Came across a Porsche taking a pit stop just in front of my box so I didn't get lined up in front of my pit board properly.  Should have realised that and crept forward but didn't so got discoed.  Never mind still enjoyed the pit stop format, although I was passing people after pitting the first time  there was no way to tell if I was pulling away fast enough to stay ahead after my second stop.  Makes the racing more interesting IMO  Grin - it isn't over until the final lap
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 10:38:07 PM +0000 »

so I didn't get lined up in front of my pit board properly.  Should have realised that and crept forward but didn't so got discoed.  

Shocked whats that about ? .in front of my pitboard properly  ?? .. I thought its a must to stop as early as could be done inside pitlane , to make all those 1000times little moves , just to tell GPL you are  still racing ....

(which by the way I forgott this time , thatswhy I was kicked out )

well to be honest , I am unsure if I can stand that  pitstop-crap .
I do very like the idea of pitstops in a race . But as long pitstops dont been accept in a clean way by GPL itself .. as well dont serve a way for fuel load strategy , for me it turns out as a no go .

Pitty that those moders did stay so realistic to  67 sportcars , cause it seems that of about 60% of those cars arent compatitive .

well , I think Porsche-Cup would be the best way to extract fun and thrill outa that mod .

DONT FORGETT TO WATCH F1 TOMORROW !!!!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:39:53 PM +0000 by NickyIckx » Logged
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 10:45:30 PM +0000 »

so I didn't get lined up in front of my pit board properly.  Should have realised that and crept forward but didn't so got discoed.  
Shocked whats that about ? .in front of my pitboard properly  ?? .. I thought its a must to stop as early as could be done inside pitlane , to make all those 1000times little moves , just to tell GPL you are  still racing ....
There is one place where you can make a Pit Stop and stay stationary as long as you like without being discoed.  That place is exactly in your own Pit Box.  You know when you are in your Pit Box because the pit board is withdrawn.  But don't go too far past the board (no more than half a car length) otherwise you will have moved out of your pit box and into the next one.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 10:47:29 PM +0000 »

Because I have been fired from the modteam you will have to find some one else to start the server tonight Evil.

Göran

Fired?  Shocked What did you do?  Huh

jhalli

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 10:50:22 PM +0000 »

didnt know there was no warm up lap (didnt read rules accurate) and let Hristo go on first lap. Stay a close distande with him but too many error on my side and dropped finally behind Fulvio, 2 times i was enough close him but again mistakes and my final place was 3rd.

good track

Juha
Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2011, 12:12:30 AM +0000 »

Shame I couldn't make this one. A couple of days ago, my television-turned-computer screen made a loud popping sound which I'm assuming is a blown capacitor. Either way, now the tele makes an awful droning noise whenever I turn it on and the screen constantly flashes into differing shades of blue  Roll Eyes. Seems I'm out for the rest of the off season as my laptop simply can't cope with the sports car mod. Hopefully I can grab my old screen during the Easter holidays and resume racing as normal for S21  Smiley.
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2011, 07:03:23 AM +0000 »

That's unlucky Samb Sad
For me this race was a struggle. I've had a very busy week and thus only got about 20 minutes practise. Long enough to set the gear ratios and cambers and thats about it. Everything else on the car was a guessed at setup and it really didn't work at all. I was all over the place and eventually crashed out at Hawthorn bend.
I really must learn to make time for pre-event practising!

Jason Blito
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2011, 09:22:04 AM +0000 »

Pleased I popped along.  As I posted previously I wasn't going to race, but being off work I had the chance to try a few more laps and got a little more steady with the joystick so thought I'd give it a go if no one objected in chat.

It was a fun race, albeit some 2 seconds a lap off my wheel times.  The stick required a very sensitive touch and occasionally I failed with that resulting in quite a few spins.  One unfortunately resulted in being sat on the racing line just over the brow of Paddock Hill Bend where Juha had no option but to run straight into my stricken car; we were fortunate that neither car seem to take any damage, so I'm thankful for that.  Sorry Juha.

Shame so many dropped out in the end.  I was pleased to manage a finish.

I love Brands where the Porsche excels, the only car I could really get away with at the moment with the stick, need more practice with some other cars if I want to try Adelaide.  Hope we get the chance to try Brands again with GTs when I'm back with my wheel.

Congratulations to H and the podium; well driven guys.  A big well done to all finishers, indeed all that took part.

Cheers.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
G Jonsson
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 09:40:16 AM +0000 »

Because I have been fired from the modteam you will have to find some one else to start the server tonight Evil.

Göran

I do not know, no explanation so far. The only thing I can think of is that I discussed the penalty system from a critical view and comparing with other leagues.

But today, after the initial chock, I think maybe it`s for the best. After all I will have more time for practicing and improving my racing. The only thing I really miss about being a mod is to choose the tracks we race on. But I am sure my replacement will do a good job.

My race was rather compromised by the event of the day, see above, so I was not well prepared and a bit shaky so the result was not good. I managed to put the car on the front row, because of the tight grid, which I do not mind, but did a rather poor start, was a bit too cautious, so I lost one place. But I was running in 4Th behind Phil, and no problem about the spin Phil, the pace was ok but then I started thinking of the pitstops. I decided to take two pistops for 53 sec and after the first one I found out that it was not a good strategy. The time to get into and out of the pits and to find the rhythm after was way too much compared with making just one pitstop for 113 sec. So I ended the race in p8 my worst so far.

Congrats to Hristo and the podium and WD Steve.

Göran
Artiglietti

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2011, 10:16:17 AM +0000 »

Göran

I do not know, no explanation so far. The only thing I can think of is that I discussed the penalty system from a critical view and comparing with other leagues.

But today, after the initial chock, I think maybe it`s for the best. After all I will have more time for practicing and improving my racing. The only thing I really miss about being a mod is to choose the tracks we race on. But I am sure my replacement will do a good job.

Göran

Excuse me guys, whats this about, can someone explain? This is an April fools in advance, isnt it? Because of course we all know Goran is the voice of common sense around here.
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2011, 11:40:36 AM +0000 »

But I was running in 4Th behind Phil, and no problem about the spin Phil, the pace was ok but then I started thinking of the pitstops.
Quite relieved to hear that Goran, I didn't want to be responsible for wrecking your race.

I decided to take two pistops for 53 sec and after the first one I found out that it was not a good strategy. The time to get into and out of the pits and to find the rhythm after was way too much compared with making just one pitstop for 113 sec.
Yes I think that is probably the best strategy.  If I had done one long stop I wouldn't have made a mess of my second one taz
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 02:17:53 PM +0000 »

Don't congratulate me, I didn't take a pitstop, so I expect to be DQ.  Grin

jhalli

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 02:21:46 PM +0000 »

can someone upload a race replay somewhere , pls.

i didnt use even pribluda on the race so i was driving blind, least i t feels like that

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 11:13:36 AM +0100 »

Please, if someone could load up a replay  angel  angel  angel

Thanx
Axel

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec