Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 27, 2024, 10:37:10 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to enter the Season 21 GT Team Challenge?
Yes, expect 75% or more attendance - 11 (55%)
Yes, expect less than 75% attendance - 9 (45%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 21 GT Team Challenge Registration  (Read 11354 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2011, 12:49:42 PM +0100 »

Fulvio, I don't think you are over rated.

Your 30 token rating is based upon your success in the fun races, and the fact that you are a very quick driver as well. 

With the slightly different format in the GT races for season 21, someone with your ability to get their car to the finish and in a probably scoring good points as well makes you a valuable driver for any team.

Each driver in a team will have to drive all 3 cars and "experience" in finishing races will be very important. 

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2011, 01:21:15 PM +0100 »

I guess drivers token cost is not base just on raw speed, but on overall performance - consistency, reliability, speed. On the other hand, cars seem to be based completely on speed only, mostly engine power in fact.

fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2011, 01:29:51 PM +0100 »

Ok, many thx Clive for your appreciation, so now YOU are underrated  Grin
Ciao
Fulvio

Fulvio, I don't think you are over rated.

Your 30 token rating is based upon your success in the fun races, and the fact that you are a very quick driver as well. 

With the slightly different format in the GT races for season 21, someone with your ability to get their car to the finish and in a probably scoring good points as well makes you a valuable driver for any team.

Each driver in a team will have to drive all 3 cars and "experience" in finishing races will be very important. 

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2011, 01:54:53 PM +0100 »

Evil's extreme sideways driving style carries a huge risk which logically lowers his token value.  Wink

blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2011, 05:32:03 PM +0100 »

Can somebody give Phil a nudge, He`s next to pick and he`s holding us all up Cheesy

.... taps impatiently on the table.....

Jason Blito
miner2049er
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2011, 06:22:41 PM +0100 »

Hmm, Phil might be on holiday.

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2011, 06:31:27 PM +0100 »

Hmm, Phil might be on holiday.

Without asking UKGPL for a permission?  Roll Eyes I guess we should skip him and move onto the next one!  Grin

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2011, 07:19:36 PM +0100 »

Can somebody give Phil a nudge, He`s next to pick and he`s holding us all up Cheesy
.... taps impatiently on the table.....
Yes I think he's on holiday for a week.
blito
UKGPL Asst Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2011, 09:08:20 PM +0100 »

Well, I think we can wait for a week to pick teams if we need to.

Jason Blito
Nigel Smith

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2011, 09:56:34 PM +0100 »

Team captain, MOI? Whats going on  Smiley Its a bit more responsibility than I envisioned in my early GT career but I'm willing to give it a go.
    I give prior notice though that the Orange team will not be an autocracy, and I will anxiously await advice from the team members that I pick- but who though?
    Paul [BadBlood] is my first choice. An easy choice because I can measure myself against someone of similar ability  Tongue.
    And I would like to invite Tim [FMG] into the fast chair. I'm not sure what your experience is in these beasts, but you do have some speed in your belly that we may well need.
    If you two are happy to be part of the Orange threat then welcome- and please PM me with whatever thoughts you have.

Hipo-Waza
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2011, 10:02:47 PM +0100 »

Team captain, MOI? Whats going on  Smiley Its a bit more responsibility than I envisioned in my early GT career but I'm willing to give it a go.
    I give prior notice though that the Orange team will not be an autocracy, and I will anxiously await advice from the team members that I pick- but who though?
    Paul [BadBlood] is my first choice. An easy choice because I can measure myself against someone of similar ability  Tongue.
    And I would like to invite Tim [FMG] into the fast chair. I'm not sure what your experience is in these beasts, but you do have some speed in your belly that we may well need.
    If you two are happy to be part of the Orange threat then welcome- and please PM me with whatever thoughts you have.

You can only choose one driver right now and only when it's your turn to choose, so be patient. Smiley

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 10:11:27 PM +0100 »

So, Mr Thornton is neglecting his captain's duties by taking a holiday ................... Roll Eyes how inconvenient!!! lol ,maybe we should draw a replacement captain just to allow the team selection to continue? or we wait until Phil returns?

If I am underrated Fulvio, it is because I am too modest to give myself a top rank in GT's. Seriously, my performance in the recent fun series was NOT good.
I managed one or two good races, but I still have not had the time to properly understand the GT cars and how to drive them. The Porsche is OK because it is an absolutely fantastic car and anyone can drive that well!! but I really struggle to keep the other cars under control at racing speed.

The Captains were picked scientifically by putting all the names into a dish on small pieces of paper and drawing 4 names out.. and your name was one of those Nigel. I hate to throw cold water on your enthusiastic naming of team members, but you are only allowed to select one at a time from the list of those registered. Wink  Team members are picked in rotation as per the order in the post above.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Nigel Smith

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 10:32:49 PM +0100 »

Ok, understtood, will wait. Hope I have enough nails.

Hipo-Waza
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 11:10:50 PM +0100 »

So, Mr Thornton is neglecting his captain's duties by taking a holiday ................... Roll Eyes
I agree it is outrageous - first he retires from his modding duties and now he thinks he is allowed to take a holiday nono
He's back on Sunday 24 April - I'd suggest you go for a temporary stand-in to keep the selection going, I'm sure he'll live with that Wink
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2011, 11:30:55 PM +0100 »

So, Mr Thornton is neglecting his captain's duties by taking a holiday ................... Roll Eyes
I agree it is outrageous - first he retires from his modding duties and now he thinks he is allowed to take a holiday nono
He's back on Sunday 24 April - I'd suggest you go for a temporary stand-in to keep the selection going, I'm sure he'll live with that Wink

We could just put him as the one to pick last in the first round of picks, then wait for him to come back. At least we'll save some time that way. Hope he doesn't mind of course!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com