Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 11:56:58 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21His Panchine: April 26, 2011
April 26, 2011, 10:42:38 PM +0100 - Panchine - UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Historic (66)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA273 F1 1966 1 1:51.542
133.377mph
1 49:21.405
130.616mph
26 1:52.093
132.721mph
Goodyear  
Raoni Frizzo
 Team Coyote
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 13 2 +1:07.859
127.690mph
26 1:54.375
130.073mph
Goodyear  
G Jonsson
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 3 +1.240
131.911mph
3 +1:15.228
127.380mph
26 1:53.394
131.199mph
Firestone  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 8 +5.742
126.847mph
4 +1:15.433
127.371mph
26 1:53.364
131.233mph
Goodyear  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 5 +4.252
128.479mph
5 +1L
127.924mph
25 1:55.045
129.316mph
Goodyear  
Nigel Smith
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA273 F1 1966 6 +4.543
128.157mph
6 +1:37.973
123.754mph
25 1:56.463
127.741mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Honda RA273 F1 1966 2 +1.090
132.086mph
7 +7L
130.114mph
19 1:52.881
131.795mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 9 +7.003
125.498mph
8 +8L
123.583mph
18 1:57.088
127.059mph
Disco
Firestone  
FullMetalGasket
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 4 +1.540
131.561mph
9 +10L
127.195mph
16 1:54.896
129.484mph
Disco
Goodyear  
BookieW
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT19 (Repco) F1 1966 10 +13.519
118.959mph
10 +11L
113.969mph
15 2:04.726
119.279mph
Disco
Goodyear  
il_lupo_mannaro
 Black Night Racing
Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 11 +16.980
115.756mph
11 +19L
110.294mph
7 2:05.073
118.948mph
Disco
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson

Honda RA273 F1 1966 7 +4.707
127.976mph
12 +22L
120.522mph
4 2:01.010
122.941mph
Disco
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 HikiWazaRacing
Brabham BT11 (Climax 2.5) F1 1966 13 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
1 UKGPL_T7

Ferrari 312 (1966) F1 1966 12 14 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

So a new season and we are at Panchine an imagined track set in the beautiful lakelands of northern Italy. Qualification was full of the usual suspects with Hristo being somewhat faster than his Hiki-Waza team mate Evil Clive. Goran completed the top three with the only other sub 1:53 time.
As we all know, the first corner of any race is fraught with danger and so it proved this time as Goran was outpaced out of the first turn by a speeding FMG. As Goran slid wide, Tim had nowhere to go and the faintest of touches span tham both wildly in front of Martin who did well to avoid a collision. Tim got away relatively cleanly but Goran was dropped back to 9th.
The first part of the race was fairly hectic with battles up and down the grid. Out front Hristo and Clive were neck and neck with H always having the edge but given that Hristo's pole was over a second ahead of Clive, Evil was doing well to keep H in check. Indeed Clive briefly took the lead at Turn 1 on Lap 2 but H reasserted himself to get the lead back by Turn 5. Clive would lead again, briefly on Lap 6 and 7 but each time H came straight back.
Tim and Ronnie were now battling it out and Tim finally got past at turn 1 on lap 2. Next up was Phil who had avoided the debris on the first lap. Tim dived down the inside of Phil coming to the complex of turns starting with the Curva Isola Verde and overcooked it, finding the fence. Phil would have several more people assuming they could outbrake him into right handers but he kept a steady line and maintained his position. As Tim recovered he slightly baulked Ronnie who thus lost the chance to get his place back. This put Ronnie in the sights of Goran who lined him up, passed him... and then crashed! Meanwhile Tim had pressured Phil into an error at the complex - the sight of the iron railings and two 90 degree bends was proving a challenge.
So H led with Clive close behind. Martin having a quiet race was in third and a charging Tim fourth. Next up Phil, Ronnie, Fulvio, Raoni (the new boy from Brazil) and Goran. These were all so close you could throw a blanket over them - ok, quite a large blanket... bit further back was Nigel with Bookie and Fabio bringing up the rear.
Lap 5 was proving hectic with Bookie taking to the grass and Fabio going to talk to him... Ronnie catches Phil and tries to pass him at a right hander overcooks it and finds the hedge too sticky to continue. Fulvio and Raoni zoom past with Goran close behind. Raoni, who started from the pit lane, is on fire and lines Fulvio up. A clean pass gives him the place. Phil up next. He is dispatched on Lap 6 with a brave charge on the S/F straight. Raoni fourth and charging.
Phil, who had profited from the first lap crash, is now under pressure from Fulvio and Goran. Fulvio manages to slip past but Goran is too far back. Close racing between Phil and Goran for the next few laps allows Fulvio to build a lead over the two of them. Up front H and Clive stay close but in that order. Martin is having a nice Sunday drive and may be too far ahead for Tim and Raoni. At the other end, Nigel is having a steady race and Fabio retires having visited the greenery once too often. That leaves Bookie bringing up the rear.
That will stay the order until lap 11 when Phil makes a mistake at the Curve di Schiammo. The complex proves a game changer again. It will also account for Tim who seems to have been lucky when he hits the fence but as he slows his right hand front wheel does not. The sad sight of his Dunlop continuing to race spells the end.
Lap 15 and there is some excitement as H makes an error and finds himself facing the hedge. Luckily for the race leader Clive overdoes it braking and loses it sufficiently for the race order to be maintained. Bookie's engine lets go on Lap 16 and he coasts into the pits but not before Raoni adds insult to injury by spinning him at the entry!
On to Lap 19 and Phil, who is now driving a lonely race wickedly maintains his line in front of Clive who decides to lap him through the engine block. Oops. Clive is upside down and Phil is spinning. Can he continue. Maybe... until his engine becomes a fiery ball as he spins backwards into a tree. Luckily Phil disconnects just in time to allow Nigel to zoom through although not in time to avoid frightening him mightily.
The story of the race is now Goran hunting down Fulvio. Fulvio has maintained a ten second lead but Goran finds some speed and starts reeling in the home favourite. Lap 23 and Goran finds some amazing pace and late braking to take the place. Three laps of nose to engine racing ensues. The best battle of the day. Fulvio just cannot find a way through so Goran maintains his fourth place behind Raoni with Fulvio fifth and Nigel a lap down in sixth. H has gone.
But what is this. A mad dog has forgotten his extra petrol can and on the last lap a deathly silence descends! He has run out of gas. As he coasts sadly to a stop, Raoni, Goran and Fulvio all streak by.
Cracking race, lots of close battles and that complex from the Curva Isola Verde sorts the men from the boys. Special mention for Raoni. From last to second with great pace. Looks like this championship is going to be hard fought.

Paul "Badblood" Whitfield

Server replay time: 0h00m54s

Göran was 3rd and Tim was 4th on the grid but Tim did a better start so they entered T1 side by side with Tim on the outside. None of them could see the other. At the exit Göran was drifting left and there were Tim and they came into contact.

Both drivers must have known about the other because of the starting positions and that none of them saw the other so both should have taken better care to avoid contact. Göran by holding the inner line even on the exit and Tim by holding back a bit because he did not se Göran.

• Racing incident

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1966
1:51.542
133.377mph
Hristo Itchov
Qualifying
Honda RA273April 26, 2011, 10:42:38 PM +0100
S21His
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1966
1:52.093
132.721mph
Hristo Itchov
Race
Honda RA273April 26, 2011, 10:42:38 PM +0100
S21His
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) Historic (66) - Panchine - Apr 26  (Read 13305 times)
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2011, 10:22:26 PM +0100 »

Stupid Brabham and it's silly loose wheel nuts  cursing

Might have been able to hang onto H and Clive, but got clobbered by Goran on the exit to T1 and was spunded - thankfully no damage, seemingly the same was true for the other dance-class attendees  Smiley

Was making good time and slowly clawing back up towards Mike when I ran wide into one of the esses and lightly ( Wink ) clipped the fence - game over  Sad

Appologies to Phil for getting frighteningly closs and also to Ronnie, that wasn't intended as a rejoin - I was simply carrying too much speed to slow and still make that corner on the grass without sliding out onto the track  ninja
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2011, 10:37:35 PM +0100 »

What a way to end a race!! Undecided

Apologies to Phil for ending his at the same time.

I had been tailing Hristo for the whole race when we caught Phil as we croseed the jump. Hristo got through cleanly and I was travelling slightly faster than Phil but realised that we were going to take the fast right hander side by side ...probably not a good idea I thought.

I suspect Phil had the same thought, because as I eased off fractionally to tuck in behind him, I think he also slowed to allow me to pass. The result was bad for both of us and I touched his rear wheel ending both our races.

Having haunted Hristo for the whole race and planned where I might just have a chance of snatching the win ( only planned it, not guaranteed success Roll Eyes ) it was a bit of an anti climax!!

grats to Hristo for setting a cracking pace and to all the other finishers. Sorry again Phil, but I think we both got it fractinally wrong mate.  Embarrassed

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2011, 10:44:43 PM +0100 »

Appologies to Phil for getting frighteningly closs and also to Ronnie, that wasn't intended as a rejoin - I was simply carrying too much speed to slow and still make that corner on the grass without sliding out onto the track  ninja
NP - you were quicker on the corners but the power of the Fez allowed me to stay with you on the straights which made it difficult for you to get past.

Praccy went OK until last 5 seconds, then my Force Feedback started behaving oddly.  Didn't have any feeling once grip got marginal so it made the esses more difficult for me.  Went off a few times in the race because of that.  Afterwards found out what it was.  Windows had decided to try to install a driver for an internet enabled TV taz  Got autoupdates and virus scans disabled but don't know how to stop windows doing that Sad.

Anyway race was reasonable.  Got a great start thanks to the L1 T1 shunt.  I managed to pick my way through the scattered cars and ended up 4th.  But from them on it was a backwards slide.  Had a lot of quicker drivers behind me and they all gradually got past.  Last person to attack me was Nigel Smith.  He got past me under braking for the second slow corner but the draft caught him out and he went in a bit hot and ran wide into the hedge so I managed to get the place back.

After that it was a matter of waiting to be lapped.  Got caught by Hristo and Evil who were having a great battle.  They caught me at the esses so I stayed well left on the long straight to let them both past.  H sailed by and I couldn't see Evil so I thought he was on my inside on the approach to the fast right hand kink.  As I decided to back off to let him through, Evil decided to tuck in behind me consequently we touched and we were both out of the race Sad.  Sorry M8.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2011, 08:04:53 AM +0100 »

NP Phil, just one of those things... a racing incident.

In hindsight it would have been better to stay out of your blindspot and in your slipstream before going for the pass. But at the time, believe it or not, I was trying to play safe and avoid any contact!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2011, 11:17:19 AM +0100 »

This is a lovely track to drive - fast, and with enough challenges to keep ones attention at all times.  Pinpoint accuracy being rewarded with faster laptimes.  I'd put together a lovely setup, and was hoping for a goodly result for my efforts.

I was mid-grid and almost last, after a tangle dead ahead of me, following the first corner.  I would think there were tyre marks on both sides of the car, through squeezing between our two rotational protagonists.  Shocked

Having escaped the horrors, my race became a solo effort, with only a pitboard challenge from FMG early on, and new man Raoni, towards the finish.  So, with 2nd place assured, I entered the last lap with a bit of a cough, and promptly ran out of fuel!  This was a 1st for me in '66ers, and one would hope, it's also a
last.  Grumble! Angry

Some seriously impressive formation flying from the Waza's up front, for much of the race.  And a fair turn of speed, from newcomer Raoni, from the pit lane.  Now excuse me, while I go sulk some more.
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2011, 11:20:09 AM +0100 »

Might have been able to hang onto H and Clive, but got clobbered by Goran on the exit to T1 and was spunded - thankfully no damage, seemingly the same was true for the other dance-class attendees  Smiley

Sorry for the clobbering Tim, I did not expect you to try that and when I saw you it was too late. I guess you tend to expect things from other drivers based upon what you would do yourself and I was holding back a bit to avoid coming too close to Hristo and Evil through T1 and thought the rest of you would do the same. I was wrong of cause and I ought to know that by now I guess. Anyway I am glad that no one was out of the race because of it but it kind of gave Hristo and Evil an easy run.

When I got running again I was not that far behind so off I went, literally. Because my overtaking skill has not improved and I found myself making one silly mistake after the other when trying to make up for lost ground. Unable to pass I just had to wait and that went above expectations because at the end I found myself on the podium.

It seems I need like 10 laps and no one nearby to get into the rhythm. But once I did my laptimes were rather OK and at the time I was in 8Th position and had Fulvio 17 sec ahead. On lap 23 I passed him !!! up to 4Th, nice math right. But had I known before I passed him that he would connect somehow to my gearbox I would have waited until the last lap because the 3 laps remaining was really hard work. But I managed to stay in front and when I crossed the finish line, (OK so I will not be driving the Ferrari for some time due to some repair because of the, hummm, accident after the finish line), I found out that Martin who was running a steady second after Evil`s departure, had run out of fuel on the last lap, there we have the math again, it`s not that easy  Grin

Well, luckily it is the position when crossing the finish line that counts not the position after the first lap and this time that was to my advantage.

Congrats to Hristo for the win and to Raoni for second, nice start to your UKGPL career.

Göran
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2011, 12:34:55 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the clobbering Tim, I did not expect you to try that and when I saw you it was too late. I guess you tend to expect things from other drivers based upon what you would do yourself and I was holding back a bit to avoid coming too close to Hristo and Evil through T1 and thought the rest of you would do the same.

Wasn't trying anything Goran, We started side-by-side, and entered T1 side-by-side so I stayed wide and prepared to be destroyed on the straight by your fezza power. Havn't checked the replay yet to see if you clipped a curb or something but was suprised when you touched me  Smiley
No damage done so I'm not bothered, it was just unexpected is all  Smiley
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 03:58:24 PM +0100 »

I'm glad to win, but a bit sad that Evil couldn't finish and make it a 1-2 for us Wazas.

Qualifying did not go so well because it appeared some people (not just you, Fulvio) were just learning the track and going extremely slow in places which are taken flat out, so I had a couple of incident and ruined laps as a result.

The start of the race and the early laps went well, with just Evil following me and exchanging places initially, before settling down. Evil, just as an advice so we don't slow each other down next time - when you make a pass, get back in front of me before the next corner! I'm not driving a 10 meters long car so you can safely slot back in, lol. Also, when I went on the outside of the straight, you could've used the slipstream and get in front before the next corner instead of forcing us to enter it side by side by not picking up enough speed.

Anyway  Grin , despite going flat out I couldn't shake off Evil, except once but then I binned it by totally missing my braking point for the slow right at the end of the fastest bit of the track, and went off into the bushes. Fortunately I managed to extract myself almost instantly by going into reverse gear, but gave Evil a scare as he had to swerve to avoid me. I thought you would see me, but I guess I was wrong - sorry about that.

Then we caught up Phil with a couple of laps to go and he let me through on the inside going into the sweeping right hander before the jump, and when I looked into my mirrors it seemed Evil was going to follow through. I was focusing on the track ahead so I didn't really see what happened, but I guess he didn't follow through, lol.

Managed to set my best lap on the last lap, so bonus objective completed as well.  Cheesy Then I watched Goran's valiant effort to keep Fulvio behind and he managed to do so, but then died or got badly injured going flat out into T1 after the finish.  Sad

Grats to all finishers!

-=Hristo=-

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2011, 05:34:24 PM +0100 »

Congrats to the podium and all who finished. Sorry about the slight contact in the esses Tim. Despite being short and sweet and ending up buried in a hedge, I still enjoyed the track and cars and am looking forward to more.
Raoni Frizzo

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2011, 05:43:00 PM +0100 »

For me, a very good debut here in UKGPL. Had a lot of fun all the race! The track is great, the 66's cars are very funny to drive and the result couldn't be better, especially because I wasn't too fast to get a 2nd place.

I arrived home a bit late, and when I entered igor thre was only 1 minute remaining to finish the qualy. I was able to join the server, but didn't settled a time and even put my car on the grid during the 30 seconds. So, I had to start from the pitlane.

For my surprise, still on lap 1 I managed to catch some cars, maybe involved in some accident. During the 1st halp of the race I had great battles into the intermediate group. After that, I arranged myself in a comfortable 5th place, 10 seconds distant from 4th and 6th places.

Then someone in front of me (I don't remeber who) had some problems and abandoned the race. Some laps later I grow 3rd due to Evil's accident. And finally, on the last lap, I ascended to 2nd, when Martin ran out of fuel. Certainly, a lucky race for me, because viewing the fastest laps table it would be impossible for me getting a podium without others abandons.

Grats Hristo for the win! It really amazes me how fast you and others drivers here can handle those cars Shocked And congratulations for all the finishers! I liked so much driving here and can't wait for the next race Cheesy

Raoni Frizzo
il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2011, 06:41:36 PM +0100 »

Qualifying did not go so well because it appeared some people (not just you, Fulvio) were just learning the track and going extremely slow in places which are taken flat out, so I had a couple of incident and ruined laps as a result.

It wasn't Fulvio but myself...  Wink
Sorry again, but I should find a place with a locking door when racing online, otherwise my two daughters and my wife will continue to distract me...

Anyway, I should haven't raced yesterday: I was too tired because the trip back from Easter holidays and few practice.

So, after few laps, my race end as I expected...

Thx to the podium, to everybody raced and to the race organization

A very special thanks to Phil for sharing his fezza setup: really appreciated!

Fabio Locarno
---------------------------------------------
GPLRank +20.138
Monster of GPLRank +548.907
ChallengeRank +187.387
GPL65Rank +59.222
SadSadSadSadSad
-----------------------
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2011, 08:17:28 PM +0100 »

It wasn't Fulvio but myself...  Wink

You AND Fulvio then. Smiley It's your choice, it's not forbidden to do it of course, it's just that more than one of my laps got ruined by it in this particular event so it caught my attention. No problems in the race in that regard, so not real harm done I guess.

And you really should either lock the door or tell your family not to intrude, lol. I have specifically given instructions that nobody is to enter my room when I have a race and I tell them when I hav eon in advance so they know about it. Otherwise I have to resort to yelling for any intrustion while I'm driving...  Grin
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 08:19:44 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2011, 11:22:46 PM +0100 »

I reviewed this race in detail because Goran asked me to write a race report - finally decided to have a go. What a fun track - we really out to use if for the Novices. Did five laps and got down to a 2:03 with almost no setup work so plenty to come but a 1:52 - I don't think so.  laugh  Maybe I should join this series. Really impressed by the standard of racing. Very good.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
G Jonsson
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 09:40:52 AM +0100 »

The Moderator`s report is published, be sure to read the stunning race report by Paul.

Göran
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 11:32:38 AM +0100 »

Yeah, great race report Paul!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com